SF's "Write Your Butt Off" Competition HD II.5 Remix

AnonymousSpeed

10 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Byleth though...

Yeah that detail was unnecessary.

Can we not pairing shame, please? It's literally no different than any fic with Corrin or Robin being paired with someone. Saying Byleth is "unnecessary", well, maybe there are other pairings, but removing Byleth from this story would result in no story.

You can dislike a character, but I feel that this is being rude. 

Edited by Dragoncat

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

As much as I dislike Sylvain when he's not in battle, I do find his support chain tolerable.

Byleth though...

Yeah that detail was unnecessary.

But as far as stories go this wasn't overly long to read so props for that.

Are you going to hate on every character and/or pairing I use? Because it sure feels like you do.

Btw, Sylvain's initial behavior is obviously not all there is to him. There's a pretty good reason why he acts like a jerk sometimes too, even if the behavior itself is inexcusable. He's actually a rather broken person and tragic in some ways. And there's a real sweetheart side to him too when he feels like letting it loose.

I can't make you like him, I'm just saying I feel you're judging him a little quickly.

Also what detail about Byleth? If it's her being paired with Sylvain here like Dragoncat said, you can just stop right there, please. I'm getting tired of you complaining about my pairings. I never complained about your Robin x Lucina stuff even though I don't give a crap about them (they're a little more tolerable than Chrom x Robin though, I admit). If you don't like a pairing I use, don't read it. You're not forced to.

45 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Can we not pairing shame, please? It's literally no different than any fic with Corrin or Robin being paired with someone. Saying Byleth is "unnecessary", well, maybe there are other pairings, but removing Byleth from this story would result in no story.

You can dislike a character, but I feel that this is being rude. 

I meant the whole Byleth gets pregnant not pairing shame for fucks' sake Dcat.

35 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Are you going to hate on every character and/or pairing I use? Because it sure feels like you do.

Btw, Sylvain's initial behavior is obviously not all there is to him. There's a pretty good reason why he acts like a jerk sometimes too, even if the behavior itself is inexcusable. He's actually a rather broken person and tragic in some ways. And there's a real sweetheart side to him too when he feels like letting it loose.

I can't make you like him, I'm just saying I feel you're judging him a little quickly.

Also what detail about Byleth? If it's her being paired with Sylvain here like Dragoncat said, you can just stop right there, please. I'm getting tired of you complaining about my pairings. I never complained about your Robin x Lucina stuff even though I don't give a crap about them (they're a little more tolerable than Chrom x Robin though, I admit). If you don't like a pairing I use, don't read it. You're not forced to.

And I said I saw his support chain so don't shove it down my throat.

As a rule of thumb I hate philanthropic characters the most.

Why do you think I hate Inigo and Virion so much?

6 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I meant the whole Byleth gets pregnant not pairing shame for fucks' sake Dcat.

That's fair then, the story didn't necessarily need it. But I don't think it hurts anything either, and you don't have to be rude. And yeah, it isn't like I actually put in the conception or anything... Hell, I don't write smut at all, as Dcat could also tell you. That's her thing.

6 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

And I said I saw his support chain so don't shove it down my throat.

As a rule of thumb I hate philanthropic characters the most.

Why do you think I hate Inigo and Virion so much?

I wasn't trying to shove it down your throat. If I was going to do that, believe me, you'd know. I'd be telling you about every support I've gotten for him and shit.

I didn't know you hated them, sheesh. Okay then. It's a bit of a rule for me that I like womanizers, though I do like a few much more than others (I like Sylvain, Sain, and Inigo quite a bit, but I don't care for Virion or Gatrie quite as much even though I like them to a degree too). So don't be surprised if you see me writing more of them in the future.

Edited by Anacybele

7 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

The act was not described. It is not smut.

That's not the issue.  The issue is that Byleth being pregnant adds absolutely NOTHING to the story.  If it was removed there would be no loss.  That's what I'm taking issue with.

40 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

That's not the issue.  The issue is that Byleth being pregnant adds absolutely NOTHING to the story.  If it was removed there would be no loss.  That's what I'm taking issue with.

It doesn't take anything away from it either. Just because something isn't technically NEEDED doesn't mean it's a bad thing to have. It could still make it a bit more exciting of a read, in fact.

Miyamoto always said Mario doesn't need story and that's why stuff about Rosalina was cut from Super Mario Galaxy 2. And he is not wrong, it didn't need the Rosalina details. But they would have been awesome anyway and I will forever be disappointed that that content was cut. The game would've been even better than it already is if those details were kept.

Oh yeah, there was a line I forgot to add for Sylvain towards the end, about something Ingrid says to him in-game. I'd planned to add it from the start and forgot. D'oh...

Edited by Anacybele

On 9/21/2019 at 12:39 PM, Anacybele said:

It doesn't take anything away from it either. Just because something isn't technically NEEDED doesn't mean it's a bad thing to have. It could still make it a bit more exciting of a read, in fact.

Miyamoto always said Mario doesn't need story and that's why stuff about Rosalina was cut from Super Mario Galaxy 2. And he is not wrong, it didn't need the Rosalina details. But they would have been awesome anyway and I will forever be disappointed that that content was cut. The game would've been even better than it already is if those details were kept.

Oh yeah, there was a line I forgot to add for Sylvain towards the end, about something Ingrid says to him in-game. I'd planned to add it from the start and forgot. D'oh...

No, actually it doesn't.

But hey, that's just where I stand.  The whole story to me at least felt better without it since you have the natural conclusion well before that point where Alice is banned from the monastery.  I know some people don't like content being cut but personally, I couldn't care less.  If it does nothing for the story then there is no point in it being there.

However since we have established I can't seem to fucking get along with anyone here, let's agree to disagree for everyone's sanity.

3 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

No, actually it doesn't.

But hey, that's just where I stand.  The whole story to me at least felt better without it since you have the natural conclusion well before that point where Alice is banned from the monastery.  I know some people don't like content being cut but personally, I couldn't care less.  If it does nothing for the story then there is no point in it being there.

However since we have established I can't seem to fucking get along with anyone here, let's agree to disagree for everyone's sanity.

It doesn't what? Make it a bit better of a read? Well, that's your opinion. Not everyone's going to agree with it.

And I disagree. Just because something isn't technically needed doesn't mean it can't do anything for a story. I think you're completely wrong here.

Maybe if you'd stop complaining so much every time someone does something you don't like in here and also swearing at people when you don't need to (like you did at Dcat), you WOULD get along better with people here. Sorry if this sounds rude, but I feel it needed to be said, especially after you were rude to not just me, but Dcat as well who is my best friend. I'm tired of your behavior, as is she.

1 hour ago, Azure, Roundabouted Out said:
  Hide contents

I do agree that Byleth being with child was unnecessary too. But, it is what it is.

I never said I disagreed there. You're not wrong. But like I said, even if it wasn't necessary, it doesn't mean it's a bad thing.

I saw that the countdown timer is at zero... Does that mean I pick a prompt now since I was the only entry?

Edited by Anacybele

24 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Maybe if you'd stop complaining so much every time someone does something you don't like in here and also swearing at people when you don't need to (like you did at Dcat), you WOULD get along better with people here. Sorry if this sounds rude, but I feel it needed to be said, especially after you were rude to not just me, but Dcat as well who is my best friend. I'm tired of your behavior, as is she.

Basically this.

Chloey, you probably don't realize this. But it is very annoying and discouraging. And it is making the contest unenjoyable.

2 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

Basically this.

Chloey, you probably don't realize this. But it is very annoying and discouraging. And it is making the contest unenjoyable.

Yeah, agreed.

Note, I don't think you're a bad person, Chloey. We HAVE had some nice interactions in the past. Just asking for more of that and less of the other stuff.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I never said I disagreed there. You're not wrong. But like I said, even if it wasn't necessary, it doesn't mean it's a bad thing.

I saw that the countdown timer is at zero... Does that mean I pick a prompt now since I was the only entry?

Yeah, it was just a nice little thing. Nothing more.

Also, that countdown is left over from last round. Hopefully AnonymousSpeed is able to take care of this.

2 minutes ago, Azure, Roundabouted Out said:

Yeah, it was just a nice little thing. Nothing more.

Also, that countdown is left over from last round. Hopefully AnonymousSpeed is able to take care of this.

Yeah. The main purpose of it was a cute way to do the apology scene.

Oh okay then. Makes sense.

Further replies to the above issue should be via PM.  There is no point in derailing this thread further.  I am not going to respond to any beyond this.

Now then onto the actual entry.

Title: The Devil's Advocate

Words: 548

Fandom: Fire Emblem Awakening x Fire Emblem Heroes

Before reading.

Spoiler

Yes this is a Grima centric fic.  I know, I know, I was trying to avoid it.  However since I was going through a back log of ideas this poped up in my mind after a pretty perfect image was completed and I felt compelled to go with my gut.  Not that I have much faith in it, but this could be considered part of The Crazy Summoner universe.

The actual entry:

Spoiler

Thunder cracked across the sky, rain pouring so powerfully that the figure was soon drenched.  Yet he didn't care.

The path was slippery and he had to watch his footing lest he fall to his doom, though a god like him probably wouldn't have.  Even if he wanted to die, that option was taken from him.

Unsteady movements became more apparent as he kept moving forwards.  Eyes on the ground as lightning forked above him, creating a light show that was truly something to be admired.

His eyes wandered along the path, flicking as he looked for a place to wait for the child of Naga to gather her strength and put an end to his misery.

He'd already lost the one thing he cared about most, but the irony of returning to this place…

He stumbled and barely managed to catch himself.

He stepped into the dimly lit cave as another round of thunder cracked, the echoing boom resounding in his head.  He passed though beyond the entrance of the cave as the sounds of the storm began to fade. Water and blood pooling at his feet creating a trail towards the half nest he'd made.

His movements were slow now, eyes seeking out where he left her.

She was in death almost as beautiful as she had been in life.  A life in which she gave to protect him. She who couldn't wield a weapon, who accepted him for the being he was.  Who lay with him and comforted him whenever the haunting memories would rise.

Crimson eyes met the sight of her unmoving form.  His magic preserved her well, but she was no risen.

In times past, had he been more selfish, perhaps he would have made her into one, but the problem then would be that no matter how perfect she might be preserved, she wouldn't be preserved.

His head rested on her chest.

She had died for him.

She wasn't of this world and yet she died for him.

Choked sobs escaped him as he clung to all he had left of her.  His memories holding on to what little of her he had, desperate not to forget her voice.  The sound of her laughter as she shook with joy. The…

He heard the sound of footsteps.

So it was time?

His eyes closed as he cradled her in his arms.  There was nothing to be said. He only wished...he only wished he could hear her voice again and feel the warmth of an embrace free from the judgement he'd been given all of his existence.  The gentle- though admittedly sometimes harsh of tongue if presented with something she couldn't stand- Summoner.

His Summoner.

The human who didn't try to break his walls down, but ended up doing so anyway.  The one human who selflessly gave and expected nothing in return. The one human who did not pity him, as many might, but actually understood what he'd gone through.

The footsteps drew nearer as Grima prepared for the inevitable end.  Fate was cruel to those considered devils. And his was no exception.  He would be naïve to think otherwise.

Yet…

Out of the corner of his eye he spotted a familiar light.  He frowned and turned towards it, surely it couldn't be…?

Sympathy from a Scarlet Devil

Fandom: Touhou

Words: 1,042

Synopsis (Read first):

Spoiler

Once upon a time, in the land of Gensokyo, there was a vampire named Remilia. She owned a mansion named after her title of Scarlet Devil, cared for by a cavalcade of maids and youkai. She once had a plan to blot out the sun with red skies to roam Gensokyo as she pleased, but it was foiled by a brunette shrine maiden named Reimu and a blonde magician named Marisa. Some years after, she takes an interest in taking down a certain Youkai out of boredom. This youkai, Seija Kijin, did defeat her in battle and ran off. Soon after, they meet again, and Seija is not exactly happy about it.

This story takes place after the Touhou spin-off title “Impossible Spell Card”.

The Story:

Spoiler

The afternoon June sun was a problem to all who stood below its beating rays, but there were some who had it worse. Vampires like Remilia Scarlet, who could turn to residue under sunlight, needed a parasol for a day like this. But the extra baggage was worth the scenery that Remilia would gaze upon to her heart’s content. From a hill that shone emerald, the site of the dazzling lake before Remilia made this the perfect spot for some tea and snacks.

“Do you want any more for yourself, milady?”

Sakuya Izayoi, the head maid and Remilia’s closest retainer, held some shortcakes in a basket, waiting for her question to be answered.

“I feel I can simply watch over this landscape for a while, Sakuya.” Remilia answered. “But thank you.”

Of course, Sakuya was not just here to hand her the sweets whenever Remilia needed them. The maid was also here to protect her mistress, just in case anyone would dare try to prank her or challenge her to a game. But, the hour and a half that had passed thus far was peaceful, in simplest terms. Peace that was earned after recent conflicts transpiring. Sakuya was involved in an incident where a duo had tried to initiate a coup; mainly, there was a youkai named Seija Kijin, who held the power to turn physical beings and concepts around, and Sukuna Shinmyomaru, who was from a human-like race of small stature known as the Inchlings. Both Remilia and Sakura had to deal with Seija again when wanted posters of her sprouted up all across Gensokyo; Remilia only joined because she was bored. Conflicts and incidents like this are common in Gensokyo, though it had been a while since the Scarlet Devil Mansion residents had been involved in anything. What they have learned was that Seija was not the most well-meaning of individuals, since she caused trouble to many in Gensokyo as a result of these events.

As memories of these events lay dormant in the minds of these rested beings, Remilia noticed a figure in the distance, adjacent to the lake.

”Noticed someone, milady?” Sakuya asked.

“Yes. Can you look after our snacks?” Remilia requested. “I’d like to see who that is over there.”

“Would you be so sure?” Sakuya questioned.

“Well, I am bored for one thing.” Remilia said. “And for another, I should still be able to take care of myself, if things become complicated. Everything will be in your sight, anyway.”

Sakuya nodded as Remilia stood up. Remilia then hovered toward the figure, her bat-like wings outstretched. As she came closer, the figure shuffled to behind the tree she sat under, out of Remilia’s sight. But she still noticed that this was, in fact, Seija. Closing her parasol, Remilia landed and spoke.

“My, my, what a coincidence to see you here. How would be your day?”

“As if anything I say would be worth your time. Screw off.” Seija replied.

”Well, anything would, for I am bored.” Said Remilia. “How would be your day?”

”Nothing special.” Seija answered. “There. I’m going.”

Remilia could hear Seija getting up and walking away. Remilia sighed, and walked to where she could see the youkai. Seija’s short, raven-black hair glistened in whatever light would reach it under the tree they stood.

“I am still bored.” Remilia chirped. “Maybe you could go into detail?”

“Don’t you have other people to be with?” Seija snapped, turning to Remilia.

Eyes of scarlet met with more eyes of scarlet, as they two stared at each other for a moment. Remilia did not respond.

“Do you want to fight again? Like last month?” Seija continued snapping.

“If it could get you to talk, then yes.” Remilia replied. “But I’d rather not.”

“Then what in the hell are you going to do?” Seija questioned. “Because I’m still going.” Seija then started to walk away again.

“I see. I suppose this is why no one likes you?” Remilia entreated.

Seija stopped. She turned, seemingly confused by Remilia’s question.

“You always seem to make yourself seem so unsympathetic.” Remilia continued. “Never wanting to consider the time some waste on you to try to socialize.”

“Would you consider that I want some alone time, brat?” Seija snarled, her face turning to anger. “I don’t have anyone to spend time with, and no one I want to spend time with.”

“How sad.” Remilia commented.

“Well, that’s just how Amanojaku work.” Seija explained. “No one wants to give me sympathy, just as I want. Opposite of what you and everyone else wants.”

“Well, I suppose that explains what Sakuya and I witnessed from you and your schemes.” Remilia said. “The strong like the power they have. I wouldn’t want anyone, let alone you, to take that away from me.”

“Then you don’t like me.” Seija professed. “And I don’t like you. And I like it like that. We clear?”

“Indeed.” Remilia confirmed. “But I say that all of this is sad because of your lack of happiness in your life. And it seems to be sad for all your living days, since you want it like that. Therefore, you have my sympathy, in spite of you being you.”

Seija’s face turned from anger back to confusion, this time the confusion was even more apparent. She could barely speak. She shook her head, and then she went back to anger.

“Fuck you.” Seija growled. She then ran off.

Remilia opened her parasol and flew back to the hill where she sat, the Sun’s rays still posing little problem.

“How was your encounter, milady?” Sakuya asked.

“I expressed sympathy to a sad one.” Remilia replied.

“...Who would that be?” Sakuya asked, after a pause.

“Seija.” Remilia asked. “Not worth a life to willingly blot out all your happiness.”

Sakuya’s stoic face became less so as she expressed surprise. But then she nodded.

“How about we turn our gazes to the forest?” Remilia requested. “I have seen the lake quite enough.”

“An easy task, milady.” Sakuya complied.

In spite of the earlier encounter, the day remained peaceful for the maid and her mistress. Even still, Remilia kept the character of Seija on her mind, reflecting on she who made herself one more devil in everyone’s lives.

1 hour ago, TheSilentChloey said:

@Azure, Roundabouted Out You might want to remove the F bomb.  That's not appropriate for PG13.

4 hours ago, Azure, Roundabouted Out said:

Sympathy from a Scarlet Devil

Fandom: Touhou

Words: 1,042

Synopsis (Read first):

Reveal hidden contents

Once upon a time, in the land of Gensokyo, there was a vampire named Remilia. She owned a mansion named after her title of Scarlet Devil, cared for by a cavalcade of maids and youkai. She once had a plan to blot out the sun with red skies to roam Gensokyo as she pleased, but it was foiled by a brunette shrine maiden named Reimu and a blonde magician named Marisa. Some years after, she takes an interest in taking down a certain Youkai out of boredom. This youkai, Seija Kijin, did defeat her in battle and ran off. Soon after, they meet again, and Seija is not exactly happy about it.

This story takes place after the Touhou spin-off title “Impossible Spell Card”.

The Story:

Reveal hidden contents

The afternoon June sun was a problem to all who stood below its beating rays, but there were some who had it worse. Vampires like Remilia Scarlet, who could turn to residue under sunlight, needed a parasol for a day like this. But the extra baggage was worth the scenery that Remilia would gaze upon to her heart’s content. From a hill that shone emerald, the site of the dazzling lake before Remilia made this the perfect spot for some tea and snacks.

“Do you want any more for yourself, milady?”

Sakuya Izayoi, the head maid and Remilia’s closest retainer, held some shortcakes in a basket, waiting for her question to be answered.

“I feel I can simply watch over this landscape for a while, Sakuya.” Remilia answered. “But thank you.”

Of course, Sakuya was not just here to hand her the sweets whenever Remilia needed them. The maid was also here to protect her mistress, just in case anyone would dare try to prank her or challenge her to a game. But, the hour and a half that had passed thus far was peaceful, in simplest terms. Peace that was earned after recent conflicts transpiring. Sakuya was involved in an incident where a duo had tried to initiate a coup; mainly, there was a youkai named Seija Kijin, who held the power to turn physical beings and concepts around, and Sukuna Shinmyomaru, who was from a human-like race of small stature known as the Inchlings. Both Remilia and Sakura had to deal with Seija again when wanted posters of her sprouted up all across Gensokyo; Remilia only joined because she was bored. Conflicts and incidents like this are common in Gensokyo, though it had been a while since the Scarlet Devil Mansion residents had been involved in anything. What they have learned was that Seija was not the most well-meaning of individuals, since she caused trouble to many in Gensokyo as a result of these events.

As memories of these events lay dormant in the minds of these rested beings, Remilia noticed a figure in the distance, adjacent to the lake.

”Noticed someone, milady?” Sakuya asked.

“Yes. Can you look after our snacks?” Remilia requested. “I’d like to see who that is over there.”

“Would you be so sure?” Sakuya questioned.

“Well, I am bored for one thing.” Remilia said. “And for another, I should still be able to take care of myself, if things become complicated. Everything will be in your sight, anyway.”

Sakuya nodded as Remilia stood up. Remilia then hovered toward the figure, her bat-like wings outstretched. As she came closer, the figure shuffled to behind the tree she sat under, out of Remilia’s sight. But she still noticed that this was, in fact, Seija. Closing her parasol, Remilia landed and spoke.

“My, my, what a coincidence to see you here. How would be your day?”

“As if anything I say would be worth your time. Screw off.” Seija replied.

”Well, anything would, for I am bored.” Said Remilia. “How would be your day?”

”Nothing special.” Seija answered. “There. I’m going.”

Remilia could hear Seija getting up and walking away. Remilia sighed, and walked to where she could see the youkai. Seija’s short, raven-black hair glistened in whatever light would reach it under the tree they stood.

“I am still bored.” Remilia chirped. “Maybe you could go into detail?”

“Don’t you have other people to be with?” Seija snapped, turning to Remilia.

Eyes of scarlet met with more eyes of scarlet, as they two stared at each other for a moment. Remilia did not respond.

“Do you want to fight again? Like last month?” Seija continued snapping.

“If it could get you to talk, then yes.” Remilia replied. “But I’d rather not.”

“Then what in the hell are you going to do?” Seija questioned. “Because I’m still going.” Seija then started to walk away again.

“I see. I suppose this is why no one likes you?” Remilia entreated.

Seija stopped. She turned, seemingly confused by Remilia’s question.

“You always seem to make yourself seem so unsympathetic.” Remilia continued. “Never wanting to consider the time some waste on you to try to socialize.”

“Would you consider that I want some alone time, brat?” Seija snarled, her face turning to anger. “I don’t have anyone to spend time with, and no one I want to spend time with.”

“How sad.” Remilia commented.

“Well, that’s just how Amanojaku work.” Seija explained. “No one wants to give me sympathy, just as I want. Opposite of what you and everyone else wants.”

“Well, I suppose that explains what Sakuya and I witnessed from you and your schemes.” Remilia said. “The strong like the power they have. I wouldn’t want anyone, let alone you, to take that away from me.”

“Then you don’t like me.” Seija professed. “And I don’t like you. And I like it like that. We clear?”

“Indeed.” Remilia confirmed. “But I say that all of this is sad because of your lack of happiness in your life. And it seems to be sad for all your living days, since you want it like that. Therefore, you have my sympathy, in spite of you being you.”

Seija’s face turned from anger back to confusion, this time the confusion was even more apparent. She could barely speak. She shook her head, and then she went back to anger.

“Fuck you.” Seija growled. She then ran off.

Remilia opened her parasol and flew back to the hill where she sat, the Sun’s rays still posing little problem.

“How was your encounter, milady?” Sakuya asked.

“I expressed sympathy to a sad one.” Remilia replied.

“...Who would that be?” Sakuya asked, after a pause.

“Seija.” Remilia asked. “Not worth a life to willingly blot out all your happiness.”

Sakuya’s stoic face became less so as she expressed surprise. But then she nodded.

“How about we turn our gazes to the forest?” Remilia requested. “I have seen the lake quite enough.”

“An easy task, milady.” Sakuya complied.

In spite of the earlier encounter, the day remained peaceful for the maid and her mistress. Even still, Remilia kept the character of Seija on her mind, reflecting on she who made herself one more devil in everyone’s lives.

Nah, leave it. We have no ERSB here. Guidelines permit swearing as long as it's sparring and not in topic titles.

38 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Nah, leave it. We have no ERSB here. Guidelines permit swearing as long as it's sparring and not in topic titles.

Are you sure about that? I suppose but it does defeat the purpose a little for me.

52 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Thanks, though my point is that the f bomb is a bit strong, that's all.  Though I guess everyone has their own level of tolerance when it comes to that.

31 minutes ago, Azure, Roundabouted Out said:

I mean...

Don’t PG-13 movies allow maybe one f-bomb anyway? Or even video games? I know that that might not the most reliable way to check on things, but still.

I wouldn’t fret too much over it. The rating system we have here is pretty loose anyway so long as it isn’t smut or overly excessive descriptions of bile and gore I think it’s fine.