SF's "Write Your Butt Off" Competition HD II.5 Remix

AnonymousSpeed

6 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Your entry last round was very cute, but not to my taste.  Given that it's something I'm not particularly familiar about, it was really easy to understand what was going on.

I kinda had a feeling, since I remembered you said awhile back that you don't like superheroes. Glad you could like at least something about the piece anyway tho.

If anyone cares though, here's a promotional Miraculous image to get more of an idea of the main heroes and their kwamis.

Spoiler

mysJpdoCNncTreT-800x450-noPad.jpg?152894

(You're probably wondering now how no one recognizes Marinette as Ladybug. Well, yeah, it is odd. lol Adrien's hair and eyes change somewhat, and as my entry noted, his personality changes too, so it isn't unreasonable for him to not be recognized as Cat Noir, but...yeah, Ladybug is unrealistically obvious. Simply put, fans either just blame the magic of the Miraculous or ignore it lol)

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I kinda had a feeling, since I remembered you said awhile back that you don't like superheroes. Glad you could like at least something about the piece anyway tho.

If anyone cares though, here's a promotional Miraculous image to get more of an idea of the main heroes and their kwamis.

Hide contents

mysJpdoCNncTreT-800x450-noPad.jpg?152894

(You're probably wondering now how no one recognizes Marinette as Ladybug. Well, yeah, it is odd. lol Adrien's hair and eyes change somewhat, and as my entry noted, his personality changes too, so it isn't unreasonable for him to not be recognized as Cat Noir, but...yeah, Ladybug is unrealistically obvious. Simply put, fans either just blame the magic of the Miraculous or ignore it lol)

Oh that’s what that’s from? I keep seeing that image of the ladybug girl everywhere

Just now, OrcaWolf said:

Oh that’s what that’s from? I keep seeing that image of the ladybug girl everywhere

Really? Huh. I haven't seen these characters floating around much unless I look for fanart of them. Then I find a TON. They really are popular despite not being all that out there compared to other popular shows. I don't see merch for them anywhere except places like Hot Topic (I got my Ladybug and Cat Noir shirt from there). I saw Ladybug and Cat Noir costumes at Spirit Halloween last time they were open, but they were kid sizes and I wasn't sure if the largest size would fit me. XD I also already had a costume set for that Halloween. This year though, I'd love to dress up as Cat Noir! Yeah, he's a male and I'm not, but I like him more and I'd make a better Cat Noir than Ladybug anyway. I suck with a yo-yo and I'm decent at twirling a stick. lol

But other than those costumes and a few pieces of merch at Hot Topic, I've not seen them promoted anywhere outside the net. Their popularity must be pretty much all with people who are on the internet or Netlfix a lot or just happen to see them on Disney channel.

13 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Wow, I guess everyone has been trying to recover from new years, I hope you're all well.

I'm mostly just trying to figure out if my relative pride will let me get away with as lazy an idea as my concept for this round, or if I need to come up with something else.

1 hour ago, SoulWeaver said:

I'm mostly just trying to figure out if my relative pride will let me get away with as lazy an idea as my concept for this round, or if I need to come up with something else.

Honestly same

Mine hurts to read and makes me feel uncomfortable, and I'll be cutting it close again with all the edits I have to do.

43 minutes ago, Benice said:

Mine hurts to read and makes me feel uncomfortable, and I'll be cutting it close again with all the edits I have to do.

Same. Mine ended up being way heavier then I originally intended it to be.

Alright, as an update, I still haven’t started. I was making D&D characters instead, because that is pretty fun for me.

However, I think I’ll make one more character before starting on my entry. You know, since I actually have a good idea on how some of these events are gonna play out in the story.

I finally had time to participate in one of these. I wanted to get it done as soon as possible because I may not have time in the future. My goal was to get it done by the 8th anyway for no real reason besides that it’s my birthday.

But yeah. This was way heavier than intended. By the time I noticed there was no turning back. I didn’t mean for it to have this much weight nor was this originally going to be based off Fates so uh...keep that in mind.

Spoiler

Not So Different

Word Count: 4,241

Hinoka soared through the sky on her Pegasus dodging the steel arrows coming her way. She and her younger brother, Takumi was sent on a mission along with their retainers to neutralize a potential terrorist group that have been rumored to be raiding small villages. No military assets were available for the mission so it was planned to be postponed but Hinoka stepped up to plate to take out the group. Takumi also volunteered for some reason unknown to Hinoka. They aren’t that close. Granted when they were way younger they were close but she doubts that’s in Takumi’s memory since he was so young. Everything changed when Corrin got kidnapped anyway. 

Everything was going well up until they were ambushed on the way to suppress the ruffians. An arrow wisked by her head so fast her ear started ringing. Her pegasus was clearly being strained. She was getting tired herself. They’d need to fall back. She looked down to see Takumi getting cornered as well, something unsurprising since he’s an archer and there are only two other infantry melee soldiers being Hinata and Oboro. She lowers herself whilst dodging the arrows being shot at her. “Takumi! Fall back!”

“Don’t worry about it! We got it!” As stubborn as always, Takumi draws his Fujin Yumi, firing rapid shots towards the enemy fleet, watching them fall like dominos through his determined eyes. “There’s only a few left! Corner them!” Takumi orders as his retainers do exactly what is said, going closer and closer to the forest surrounding the round plain that’s turned into a battlefield.

“Their recklessness is indeed quite idiotic” Azama remarks with a sigh and smile.

“What’s happening? I wasn’t paying attention” Said the daydreaming Setsuna.

Meanwhile Hinoka has a bad feeling about it. He looks over into the distance and witnessed an unbelievable sight. A full cavalry that can compete with a small nation’s army. Her eyes widen in disbelief. ‘We fell right into their trap’ The red haired princess thought to herself. “Takumi, We need to go!”

Takumi ignored her and continued pressing onwards towards the forest. 

‘Dammit’ Hinoka grit her teeth. Hinoka continuously dodges the arrows shot by the remaining archers, trying to make it down to her stubborn brother as fast as possible. Before she could do anything, Hoshidan-like ninja’s jumped from the trees, ambushing her brother and his retainers. The ninja took Takumi by surprise landing a few blows before the prince blocked with his divine bow. Takumi went to trip the ninja but missed as the ninja drop kicked him in the stomach knocking him back decently far. She gasped and dived towards him but before she realized what was happening, she was shot down and would soon plummet to her death.

Hinoka sat in a cold cell wrapping her wounded arm with a dirty rag that was left in the cell, most likely left by the previous prisoner used for who knows what. The idea gives her chills but she’d rather not bleed out in a cold prison cell. Her body was bruised all over from her rough landing. She landed in a tree before she hit the ground and was instantly captured.

She was worried about Takumi. If they were interrogating him than he most likely wouldn’t comply with their demands. Not that she would either. Who exactly were they?

At that thought she heard the door open from behind the bars where she was being kept. She looked to her left to see the door from the other side of the bars open and through a burly man holding her brother by the shoulder. 

“Takumi!” Hinoka yelled in a mix of worry and relief. 

The man opened the door and roughly threw the long haired prince into the cell. She instantly crawled over to him ensuring he’s alright.

“He’s no use to use anymore, lass. He gave the information we need for the revival of Mokushu”

‘Mokushu?’ That was neighboring nation that was responsible for the destruction of Kohga and many others. It eventually got what’s coming to them after it’s leader, Kotaro’s death. “What’re you going to do with us, scum!”

“You’ll see soon enough” With that, the burly man exits the room, chuckling.

Hinoka’s first thought was to check on Takumi. “Hey Takumi?” She shook him. He looks pretty beat up. They definitely interrogated.

“Uhhh” Takumi groaned returning to consciousness. 

“Takumi?” The red head stayed by his side as he adjusted. “Are you okay?” 

“Yeah, I’m fine”

“Good. What were you thinking out there!? You could’ve gotten yourself killed!”

“I knew what I was doing!”

“Are you sure? Because it looked like you got your ass kicked by ninja’s” Hinoka notices a wound on his ankle. “What’s that wound on your ankle?”

“I-it’s nothing!”

“Oh really? It doesn’t look like nothing. That gash in your leg looks pretty deep. Try not to move. I’ll do something about it”

“Listen it’s fine! You don’t have to pretend you care”

“Pretend to care?! How could you say that?!” 

Takumi starts to get up. “S-see? I’m perfectly fine”

“Takumi, wait! You shouldn't move! You'll make it worse!”

“I’m fine! I don’t need your pity!”

“Pity? Listen, just sit down so you’re wound doesn’t bleed out at least. There’s no running from this”

“I think I’d rather bleed out”

“You’re so infuriating! You’re being so obnoxiously stubborn! And how can you say something so horrible? Do you really think I don’t care?”

Takumi stayed silent. 

“Takumi, you’re my little brother. I love you!”

“You’d be better off without me! That’s why I have to prove myself!”

“You can’t possibly think that. Where’s all this coming from?”

“Don’t lie to me. Everyone else feels the same way. Sakura, Ryoma and especially you”

“What makes you think that?!”

“You never cared about me! If you did, you would’ve bothered paying attention to those in front of you”

“What?”

“You were so determined to save your precious Corrin that you left me and Sakura alone. The only one who was there for me was mother! I had no one else”

“Oh...”

“I’ll prove myself to you. I’ll earn your acknowledgement!”

“You don’t need to earn my acknowledgement or my love because  I already do both of those things!” The red headed princess is starting to tear up. “I understand now. I was an idiot for not spending any time with you and Sakura. I had no idea that it’d effect you this badly. I’m so sorry. I really do care about you. You don’t have to prove anything to me because I love you regardless” Takumi looks away from her. “Let me say one thing though. The way to earn respect is by respecting others. That’s why you shouldn’t be so rash. Do you have any idea how the rest of us would feel if something happened to you?! We'd be absolutely devastated. Do you remember how everyone felt when we lost Corrin?”

Takumi stayed silent. Not answering her question in anyway. 

“I can’t believe you’d put me through something like that again! Takumi, losing you would hurt me way more than you think. It would break me”

“Hinoka...”

“Please stop being reckless. I don’t want to lose you too”

“I’m not going anywhere”

“Good, because we need you to fight with us. Us fighting together as siblings is stronger than you may think. Just think of the consequences to your actions. How everyone else would feel”

“You’re right, Hinoka. I’m really sorry”

“It’s alright. I apologize too. It’s my fault that you felt this way on the first place. I wasn’t there for you growing up and I can see how that made you feel inferior and upset. I feel as though I’ve failed you as a big sister. I’m so sorry!” Hinoka’s guilt filled her body as she felt as though she would cry. Takumi looked as if he wanted to say something but nothing came out. “I want to be close again. I want to make up for the time wasted”

“Again?”

“Heh, yeah. You probably don’t remember but you used to follow me around all the time”

“I-I did?”

“Yeah. You were really cute back then” Hinoka laughed as she wiped her watery eyes. “You work so hard. You remind me of when I was young. You definitely are my brother. Believe it or not me and Ryoma had a similar conversation to this”

“Really?”

She nodded. “I used to think similarly to you. It’s almost like looking in a mirror-well an emotional mirror more like” She paused. “You’re not useless. Hell you’re one of the best archers in Hoshido, if not the best, with or without Fujin Yumi”

“Not really. Fujin Yumi’s just easy to wield”

“Stop exaggerating for the sake of putting yourself down. It hurts me to see you do that to yourself”

“You care way too much, Hinoka” Takumi smirks.

“I’d rather care TOO much than losing someone I care about” She smiled. “Promise me that you won’t say something as absurd you being useless or dying or whatever?”

“...I promise” 

“Aww, there's the little brother I know and love. I'll always be there for you, Takumi. If you ever need me, I’ll be there”

“I’ll be there for you too”

“Are you going let me help you with your wounds now?”

“I don’t want to rely on you, Sakura or Ryoma too much. I’d hate to be a burden”

“Takumi, we just talked about this. Doesn’t Sakura have the same complex? What do you say to Sakura?”

“I-I tell her she’s not a burden and that she’s a great Shrine Maiden”

“That! I want you to rely on me. So?”

“Fine. But what do you know about medical expertise?”

“Not much. Well, nothing at all. I’d just like to take a look and we can wrap it up or something”

“Alright”

Hinoka takes a look at his leg wound. “Oof that’s pretty deep. Try not to put pressure on it by standing on it” Hinoka takes the rag from her leg and wraps it around his leg.

“Ew, where has that thing been?”

“Try not to think about it”

“What about your wound?”

“My little cut is benign compared to yours. I’m surprised you haven’t bled out”

“Now THAT sounds reckless”

“I’ll be fine. Let’s focus on you” 

Takumi was quiet again.

“How are you keeping it together with this wound. It’s pretty deep” Both their clothes were pretty tathered. Hinoka wasn’t that bad, she only had minor rips in boots and her shoulder pads. It was mainly her cape that got ripped apart. Takumi’s pants, boots and over shirt were the most damaged on him, having big rips in multiple spots. 

“When I first got it, I wasn’t” The archer explained. “You’re just as important as I am you know”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean you should also take yourself into consideration or else that’s no different than me”

“My cut isn’t that bad. It only broke skin. But...I understand what you mean.” The red head Sky Knight realizes. “I’ll be careful”

Hinoka wraps the rag tight around his ankle causing Takumi to gasp in pain. “Any other injuries I should know about?”

“Nothing you can do anything about without a healer”

“Like what?”

“Just a few burns, bruises and scrapes from them “interrogating” me. Could’ve been worse if I didn’t give up so easily”

“What information did you give them?”

“Information on Hoshido’s border patrols and army numbers on top of blind spots to the castle”

“Damn. That’s some sensitive information”

“I know. I did manage to lie about the blind spots but even so, I was an idiot”

“Agreed. But I would rather of you given the information to them than be in worse condition than you are now. You could’ve died!”

“I just wish I didn’t tell them. I could’ve potentially put everyone in danger”

“I’m surprised you did. I wouldn’t have expected you to give up. Usually you’re too stubborn even for your own good. Not that I’m unhappy you did”

“I wouldn’t have they just...”

“Just what?”

“T-they said they’re going to execute you if I didn’t tell them. I didn’t want to be responsible for your death. I don’t think I could live with that. I had no choice!”

“I see” Is all the elder sister can muster out. “I’d gladly sacrifice my life for Hoshido, but I wouldn’t want you having to live with that guilt” She can feel her blood boiling towards their captors. 

“We aren’t so different, you know. I used to think very similarly to you” Hinoka admitted. “I used to doubt my strength a lot too and put myself down for it. After Corrin’s kidnapping and Mother’s…you know, I felt weak and useless”

“Hinoka…”

“It’s almost like looking in a mirror. You remind me so much of myself. How I felt weak”

“I understand. Is there anything else you want to talk about? I did tell you almost everything”

“Well…” Hinoka thinks to herself. “Don’t make fun of me alright?”

“I won’t”

“I’m insecure about my...I don’t know…femininity? I feel like I’m not princess-y enough”

“Really? I thought you didn’t like that kind of stuff?”

“I don’t like the concept of wearing dresses and makeup. But I still feel as though me being like this is a disappointment. At the end of the day I’m a princess, not a warrior. I feel like I’m not a good representative to Hoshido and a lackluster princess”

“I know that feeling all too well. Being afraid of judgement?”

“Yeah, like that! What happened to you?”

“I’ll tell you later. Listen you’re fine as who you are. You don’t need to concern yourself with the ignorant masses and entitled nobles who don’t know the REAL you. You’re great in my book”

“Takumi...thanks”

“It’s nothing. You can talk to me whenever you need to”

Hinoka nods and gets back to business. “I’ll find us a way out! Just stay put and don’t strain yourself!”

Takumi grumbled to himself after he heard his sister’s words. “Are there any loose bricks?” He asked lazily.

“I’ll check” Low and behold a few bricks in, there was one loose and behind it, a short sword. 

“That’ll come in handy if we can ever get out of this cell” 

“Yeah but how would we do that?”

“I don’t know. Bash the cell open with the block?”

“The cell door doesn’t look that sturdy...I’ll give it a shot” Seconds later, the redheaded princess picks up the block with her gloved hands and smashed it against the rusted cell door about three times until it finally opened, making noise in the process. Immediately, Hinoka picks up the short sword and hides beside the door the guards come in. “The hell was that!?” A guard questions sounding muffled through the door right before he enters. The bearded man busts threw the door and immediately was greeted with a short sword to the heart. He drops, club in hand. Hinoka turns to Takumi. “You’re good with swords right?”

“How did you know that?” Takumi shows visible confusion.

“I still get reports on you y’know. Like how kind you are to your retainers and how you take care of Sakura...”

“We should move on!” Takumi is visibly embarrassed. 

“Anyway, I heard you’re really good with the katana. Why didn’t you stick with it I wonder?”

“Is this really the time for this?”

“Right. Take it. I’m terrible with swords so...I’ll take the club until I can get a naginata”

“Thanks” Grateful, Takumi gets up and is handed the short sword. Their next goal in mind was to find their retainers and hopefully find their weapons in the process.

While walking down the hallways the duo notice there aren’t that many guards. “I don’t trust this” Takumi whispers. “Me neither” as they say that, they stumble upon a regular wooden door. Hinoka opens the door slowly with her guard up while Takumi inches behind her. There laid six weapons, two being there’s. Takumi instantly rushed to the Fujin Yumi picking it up and staring at it. Hinoka grabbed her specially made naginata. Takumi kept his divine weapon close. It was pretty clear from the beginning that he used the weapon as a coping mechanism. It probably boosts his confidence. 

“You never did tell me why you don’t use swords anymore”

“There’s no point. Ryoma’s better anyway”

“So? That doesn’t mean you had to quit. I’ve heard you’re truly talented”

“If I stuck with the blade I would just be living in Ryoma’s shadow. More than I already am”

“What? You’re not living in Ryoma’s shadow!”

“You’re right. I’m living in you and Sakura’s too”

“Takumi what are you-“

“All of you are doing such remarkable things while I’ve been doing nothing. None of you were using the yumi and I liked it better anyway. Someone needed to wield the Fujin Yumi! It gives me confidence in myself”

“Where’s this all coming from?”

“You know why me and Sakura try to avoid the banquets? It’s not only our social anxiety. It’s because all those nobles do is compare me to you guys, mostly Ryoma, and just makes me feel worse. “You should’ve been more like Ryoma”, “you should be better”, “your mother would be disappointed on you if she were still alive”. All of that”

“They can’t just-“

“Hoshido can’t live without nobles. That’s why nobody can stop them”

“I’m not always praised at banquets either you know. Like I said earlier, they always comment on my femininity. So, I understand how you feel”

“Fujin Yumi makes me feel confident, powerful, special!”

“What was it you said to me? “You’re fine as who you are. You don’t need to concern yourself with the ignorant masses and entitled nobles who don’t know the REAL you. You’re great in my book”. Are you going to ignore your own advice?”

Takumi was silent. The two middle children nod at each other and leave the room. They probably wouldn’t be able to carry their retainers weapons so they’d have to retrieve them when they free them. 

They continue as they’re ambushed by a spear fighter for a second but was instantly overpowered by Hinoka’s lance prowess. Right around the corner they see a cell. They run towards it realizing that it’s their retainers. 

“Lord Takumi!” Oboro instantly cheered upon seeing her master. 

“You okay? How’d you get out” Questioned Hinata who was clearly ecstatic of Takumi’s arrival as well. Hinoka’s on the other hand.

“How are you guys? You aren’t hurt are you?” Hinoka asks her incompetent retainers.

“Okay I guess. I’m used to more smaller and constricting traps so this isn’t bad at all” Setsuna says in an absent minded tone, as usual.

“Do I have to leave? This cell is perfect for meditation other than Hinata being loud and obnoxious” Azama is snarky as usual. “Hey!” Yells Hinata clearly insulted. Hinoka hits the door open as they’re told where their weapons are. They were told to meet each other outside. While their retainers went to go retrieve their weapons the siblings rushed to the exit (as much as they could with Takumi’s ankle.

They made it to the assumed exit. “Before we go out there” Hinoka stops him. “I’m not going to tell anyone what we talked about but if you ever, EVER need anything, I’ll be there for you. I don’t like it when you feel bad about yourself”

“Likewise. I’ll be there for you to”

“After this, we should hang out more to make up for lost time. But for right now. We have to escape”

“Right”

They open the door and run out into the stables where they found Hinoka’s mount. “Aw there you are girl. They didn’t hurt you did they?”

“Uh Hinoka?” Takumi was staring in the complete opposite direction. “Look!”

Hinoka turned to his direction to see the Hoshidan army launched an all out attack on their captors army. So that’s where the captors have been. They’ve been fighting this whole time. Among the brave soldiers, Ryoma. Their older brother and king of Hoshido. He shouldn’t be fighting on the battlefield as the ruler of one of the biggest countries in the world. Needless to say that many were gunning for him

Hinoka instantly mounts her pegasus. “Can you shoot some of the soldiers going for Ryoma down? I’ll be swooping down on them. And please don’t be reckless”

“Got it” Takumi shot down the assumed Mokushu ninja’s going for Ryoma. Ryoma noticed the blue arrows piercing through his enemies. “Takumi!” 

Many puppets and mechanists started making their way towards Takumi and started shootings arrows at him. That’s Mokushu alright. Takumi took cover and as soon as he did they started aiming for Hinoka. He also notices Subaki which means Sakura may be here. “I can’t just let her be shot out of the sky” Takumi muttered to himself. With that, he charged towards the puppets who started to shoot at him. ‘Think of the consequences’ he thought to himself. ‘Don’t be so reckless’

Takumi instead ran aside distracting all the mechanists as well and watched as the Sky Knights reigned terror upon them. Takumi collapsed from his injury. His rag fell off and his wound started bleeding. He started going in and out from the blood loss. He just felt himself being dragged. He awoke feeling slightly healed from his injury. He glances to his side to see his younger sister, Sakura. “Are you okay, Big Brother? I was so w-worried about you!” The pink haired shrine maiden started tearing up. “Don’t get emotional yet. Save it for when we’re done massacring these scum!” Takumi felt determined once again. “Why did you come?” He asked calmly. “I-I couldn’t just stand by while my brother and sister were kidnapped and held for r-ransom! I was worried?”

“Ransom? Wait-never mind that. You could’ve gotten hurt. I couldn’t stand the thought of losing you, y’know”

“B-but”

“Just stay close. Let’s finish this first”

Takumi his behind the rock with Sakura, shooting at the Mokushu remnants charging towards the Hoshidan soldiers.  Ryoma and his retainers were holding their ground well and the enemies were dropping like flies. Hinoka swooped down holding a Swordmaster and dropped him from the sky as Takumi shot at him, hitting him midair. By this time Takumi and Hinoka’s retainers have already showed up. Only a few soldiers remained and they were easily overpowered by the Hoshidan forces.

Takumi was beyond exhausted. The siblings met right outside the building while the Hoshidan soldiers search inside it.

“Are you both alright? Are you injured? I rushed over here as soon as they demanded ransom”

“We’re mostly fine. But Takumi has a few more wounds” Hinoka tells him.

“What!? Th-there’s more!?” Sakura winced worriedly 

“They aren’t that bad. You don’t need to concern yourself over them”

“Takumi, what did we talk about?” Hinoka reminded him

“Fine. Sakura you can take a look later”

“Ryoma” Hinoka asks her brother. “I told the enemy sensitive information. I’m sorry”

Why was she defending him.

“You don’t have to defend me Hinoka. I told the enemy sensitive information that can breach us and as much as I regret it, I also don’t because they threatened Hinoka’s life because I wasn’t cooperating no matter how much torture they put me through. They could’ve been bluffing but I didn’t want to take the chance”

“Don’t beat yourself up over it. The Mokkushan are extinct. That information most likely hasn’t gone anywhere. I would’ve rather you saved your sister’s life and spare yourself torture than the opposite”

Surprising considering how overly honorable Hoshido (and Ryoma is)

“I’m just happy none of you are hurt too badly. We had no casualties on our side as well. Only a few injuries. A miracle” Ryoma said.”I couldn’t stop Sakura from joining me when she heard about this”

To Takumi’s dismay. Sakura in danger is a big no-no for him.

“I-I’m happy everyone’s safe too” Sakura admitted.

Hinoka wrapped her arm around her younger brother’s shoulder. “It wasn’t all bad. Some good came out of us being imprisoned”

“Is that so?”

“We got to...talk. Something we haven’t had the opportunity to do” Hinoka elaborated.

“All’s well that ends well. I’m honored to have all three of you as my siblings. You all are so talented and have great personalities. I’m glad to be not only fighting but ruling by all of your sides” The king in red armor announced to his siblings. “We should go back to the capital. You two, no, all of us need a break” With that the family headed back to Hoshido with their retainers and soldiers.

A traumatic experience ended up being the experience they learned the most about their sibling and bonded with them for the first time in years after drifting apart.

Hinoka learned about Takumi’s insecurities, anxiety and confidence.

Takumi learned that Hinoka is insecure about her femininity and roles in Hoshido.

Hinoka how her neglecting him during Corrin’s kidnapping affected Takumi and Sakura.

Takumi learned that Hinoka will put her life on the line for others regardless of her own well being.

Hinoka learned that there are actual legitimate reasons he acts out. 

Takumi learned that Hinoka actually loves and cares about him.

Hinoka learned how to be a better big sister.

They learned that they aren’t so different.

Criticism always welcome.

Edited by OrcaWolf

1 hour ago, OrcaWolf said:

I finally had time to participate in one of these. I wanted to get it done as soon as possible because I may not have time in the future. My goal was to get it done by the 8th anyway for no real reason besides that it’s my birthday.

But yeah. This was way heavier than intended. By the time I noticed there was no turning back. I didn’t mean for it to have this much weight nor was this originally going to be based off Fates so uh...keep that in mind.

Reveal hidden contents

Not So Different

Word Count: 4,241

Hinoka soared through the sky on her Pegasus dodging the steel arrows coming her way. She and her younger brother, Takumi was sent on a mission along with their retainers to neutralize a potential terrorist group that have been rumored to be raiding small villages. No military assets were available for the mission so it was planned to be postponed but Hinoka stepped up to plate to take out the group. Takumi also volunteered for some reason unknown to Hinoka. They aren’t that close. Granted when they were way younger they were close but she doubts that’s in Takumi’s memory since he was so young. Everything changed when Corrin got kidnapped anyway. 

Everything was going well up until they were ambushed on the way to suppress the ruffians. An arrow wisked by her head so fast her ear started ringing. Her pegasus was clearly being strained. She was getting tired herself. They’d need to fall back. She looked down to see Takumi getting cornered as well, something unsurprising since he’s an archer and there are only two other infantry melee soldiers being Hinata and Oboro. She lowers herself whilst dodging the arrows being shot at her. “Takumi! Fall back!”

“Don’t worry about it! We got it!” As stubborn as always, Takumi draws his Fujin Yumi, firing rapid shots towards the enemy fleet, watching them fall like dominos through his determined eyes. “There’s only a few left! Corner them!” Takumi orders as his retainers do exactly what is said, going closer and closer to the forest surrounding the round plain that’s turned into a battlefield.

“Their recklessness is indeed quite idiotic” Azama remarks with a sigh and smile.

“What’s happening? I wasn’t paying attention” Said the daydreaming Setsuna.

Meanwhile Hinoka has a bad feeling about it. He looks over into the distance and witnessed an unbelievable sight. A full cavalry that can compete with a small nation’s army. Her eyes widen in disbelief. ‘We fell right into their trap’ The red haired princess thought to herself. “Takumi, We need to go!”

Takumi ignored her and continued pressing onwards towards the forest. 

‘Dammit’ Hinoka grit her teeth. Hinoka continuously dodges the arrows shot by the remaining archers, trying to make it down to her stubborn brother as fast as possible. Before she could do anything, Hoshidan-like ninja’s jumped from the trees, ambushing her brother and his retainers. The ninja took Takumi by surprise landing a few blows before the prince blocked with his divine bow. Takumi went to trip the ninja but missed as the ninja drop kicked him in the stomach knocking him back decently far. She gasped and dived towards him but before she realized what was happening, she was shot down and would soon plummet to her death.

Hinoka sat in a cold cell wrapping her wounded arm with a dirty rag that was left in the cell, most likely left by the previous prisoner used for who knows what. The idea gives her chills but she’d rather not bleed out in a cold prison cell. Her body was bruised all over from her rough landing. She landed in a tree before she hit the ground and was instantly captured.

She was worried about Takumi. If they were interrogating him than he most likely wouldn’t comply with their demands. Not that she would either. Who exactly were they?

At that thought she heard the door open from behind the bars where she was being kept. She looked to her left to see the door from the other side of the bars open and through a burly man holding her brother by the shoulder. 

“Takumi!” Hinoka yelled in a mix of worry and relief. 

The man opened the door and roughly threw the long haired prince into the cell. She instantly crawled over to him ensuring he’s alright.

“He’s no use to use anymore, lass. He gave the information we need for the revival of Mokushu”

‘Mokushu?’ That was neighboring nation that was responsible for the destruction of Kohga and many others. It eventually got what’s coming to them after it’s leader, Kotaro’s death. “What’re you going to do with us, scum!”

“You’ll see soon enough” With that, the burly man exits the room, chuckling.

Hinoka’s first thought was to check on Takumi. “Hey Takumi?” She shook him. He looks pretty beat up. They definitely interrogated.

“Uhhh” Takumi groaned returning to consciousness. 

“Takumi?” The red head stayed by his side as he adjusted. “Are you okay?” 

“Yeah, I’m fine”

“Good. What were you thinking out there!? You could’ve gotten yourself killed!”

“I knew what I was doing!”

“Are you sure? Because it looked like you got your ass kicked by ninja’s” Hinoka notices a wound on his ankle. “What’s that wound on your ankle?”

“I-it’s nothing!”

“Oh really? It doesn’t look like nothing. That gash in your leg looks pretty deep. Try not to move. I’ll do something about it”

“Listen it’s fine! You don’t have to pretend you care”

“Pretend to care?! How could you say that?!” 

Takumi starts to get up. “S-see? I’m perfectly fine”

“Takumi, wait! You shouldn't move! You'll make it worse!”

“I’m fine! I don’t need your pity!”

“Pity? Listen, just sit down so you’re wound doesn’t bleed out at least. There’s no running from this”

“I think I’d rather bleed out”

“You’re so infuriating! You’re being so obnoxiously stubborn! And how can you say something so horrible? Do you really think I don’t care?”

Takumi stayed silent. 

“Takumi, you’re my little brother. I love you!”

“You’d be better off without me! That’s why I have to prove myself!”

“You can’t possibly think that. Where’s all this coming from?”

“Don’t lie to me. Everyone else feels the same way. Sakura, Ryoma and especially you”

“What makes you think that?!”

“You never cared about me! If you did, you would’ve bothered paying attention to those in front of you”

“What?”

“You were so determined to save your precious Corrin that you left me and Sakura alone. The only one who was there for me was mother! I had no one else”

“Oh...”

“I’ll prove myself to you. I’ll earn your acknowledgement!”

“You don’t need to earn my acknowledgement or my love because  I already do both of those things!” The red headed princess is starting to tear up. “I understand now. I was an idiot for not spending any time with you and Sakura. I had no idea that it’d effect you this badly. I’m so sorry. I really do care about you. You don’t have to prove anything to me because I love you regardless” Takumi looks away from her. “Let me say one thing though. The way to earn respect is by respecting others. That’s why you shouldn’t be so rash. Do you have any idea how the rest of us would feel if something happened to you?! We'd be absolutely devastated. Do you remember how everyone felt when we lost Corrin?”

Takumi stayed silent. Not answering her question in anyway. 

“I can’t believe you’d put me through something like that again! Takumi, losing you would hurt me way more than you think. It would break me”

“Hinoka...”

“Please stop being reckless. I don’t want to lose you too”

“I’m not going anywhere”

“Good, because we need you to fight with us. Us fighting together as siblings is stronger than you may think. Just think of the consequences to your actions. How everyone else would feel”

“You’re right, Hinoka. I’m really sorry”

“It’s alright. I apologize too. It’s my fault that you felt this way on the first place. I wasn’t there for you growing up and I can see how that made you feel inferior and upset. I feel as though I’ve failed you as a big sister. I’m so sorry!” Hinoka’s guilt filled her body as she felt as though she would cry. Takumi looked as if he wanted to say something but nothing came out. “I want to be close again. I want to make up for the time wasted”

“Again?”

“Heh, yeah. You probably don’t remember but you used to follow me around all the time”

“I-I did?”

“Yeah. You were really cute back then” Hinoka laughed as she wiped her watery eyes. “You work so hard. You remind me of when I was young. You definitely are my brother. Believe it or not me and Ryoma had a similar conversation to this”

“Really?”

She nodded. “I used to think similarly to you. It’s almost like looking in a mirror-well an emotional mirror more like” She paused. “You’re not useless. Hell you’re one of the best archers in Hoshido, if not the best, with or without Fujin Yumi”

“Not really. Fujin Yumi’s just easy to wield”

“Stop exaggerating for the sake of putting yourself down. It hurts me to see you do that to yourself”

“You care way too much, Hinoka” Takumi smirks.

“I’d rather care TOO much than losing someone I care about” She smiled. “Promise me that you won’t say something as absurd you being useless or dying or whatever?”

“...I promise” 

“Aww, there's the little brother I know and love. I'll always be there for you, Takumi. If you ever need me, I’ll be there”

“I’ll be there for you too”

“Are you going let me help you with your wounds now?”

“I don’t want to rely on you, Sakura or Ryoma too much. I’d hate to be a burden”

“Takumi, we just talked about this. Doesn’t Sakura have the same complex? What do you say to Sakura?”

“I-I tell her she’s not a burden and that she’s a great Shrine Maiden”

“That! I want you to rely on me. So?”

“Fine. But what do you know about medical expertise?”

“Not much. Well, nothing at all. I’d just like to take a look and we can wrap it up or something”

“Alright”

Hinoka takes a look at his leg wound. “Oof that’s pretty deep. Try not to put pressure on it by standing on it” Hinoka takes the rag from her leg and wraps it around his leg.

“Ew, where has that thing been?”

“Try not to think about it”

“What about your wound?”

“My little cut is benign compared to yours. I’m surprised you haven’t bled out”

“Now THAT sounds reckless”

“I’ll be fine. Let’s focus on you” 

Takumi was quiet again.

“How are you keeping it together with this wound. It’s pretty deep” Both their clothes were pretty tathered. Hinoka wasn’t that bad, she only had minor rips in boots and her shoulder pads. It was mainly her cape that got ripped apart. Takumi’s pants, boots and over shirt were the most damaged on him, having big rips in multiple spots. 

“When I first got it, I wasn’t” The archer explained. “You’re just as important as I am you know”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean you should also take yourself into consideration or else that’s no different than me”

“My cut isn’t that bad. It only broke skin. But...I understand what you mean.” The red head Sky Knight realizes. “I’ll be careful”

Hinoka wraps the rag tight around his ankle causing Takumi to gasp in pain. “Any other injuries I should know about?”

“Nothing you can do anything about without a healer”

“Like what?”

“Just a few burns, bruises and scrapes from them “interrogating” me. Could’ve been worse if I didn’t give up so easily”

“What information did you give them?”

“Information on Hoshido’s border patrols and army numbers on top of blind spots to the castle”

“Damn. That’s some sensitive information”

“I know. I did manage to lie about the blind spots but even so, I was an idiot”

“Agreed. But I would rather of you given the information to them than be in worse condition than you are now. You could’ve died!”

“I just wish I didn’t tell them. I could’ve potentially put everyone in danger”

“I’m surprised you did. I wouldn’t have expected you to give up. Usually you’re too stubborn even for your own good. Not that I’m unhappy you did”

“I wouldn’t have they just...”

“Just what?”

“T-they said they’re going to execute you if I didn’t tell them. I didn’t want to be responsible for your death. I don’t think I could live with that. I had no choice!”

“I see” Is all the elder sister can muster out. “I’d gladly sacrifice my life for Hoshido, but I wouldn’t want you having to live with that guilt” She can feel her blood boiling towards their captors. 

“We aren’t so different, you know. I used to think very similarly to you” Hinoka admitted. “I used to doubt my strength a lot too and put myself down for it. After Corrin’s kidnapping and Mother’s…you know, I felt weak and useless”

“Hinoka…”

“It’s almost like looking in a mirror. You remind me so much of myself. How I felt weak”

“I understand. Is there anything else you want to talk about? I did tell you almost everything”

“Well…” Hinoka thinks to herself. “Don’t make fun of me alright?”

“I won’t”

“I’m insecure about my...I don’t know…femininity? I feel like I’m not princess-y enough”

“Really? I thought you didn’t like that kind of stuff?”

“I don’t like the concept of wearing dresses and makeup. But I still feel as though me being like this is a disappointment. At the end of the day I’m a princess, not a warrior. I feel like I’m not a good representative to Hoshido and a lackluster princess”

“I know that feeling all too well. Being afraid of judgement?”

“Yeah, like that! What happened to you?”

“I’ll tell you later. Listen you’re fine as who you are. You don’t need to concern yourself with the ignorant masses and entitled nobles who don’t know the REAL you. You’re great in my book”

“Takumi...thanks”

“It’s nothing. You can talk to me whenever you need to”

Hinoka nods and gets back to business. “I’ll find us a way out! Just stay put and don’t strain yourself!”

Takumi grumbled to himself after he heard his sister’s words. “Are there any loose bricks?” He asked lazily.

“I’ll check” Low and behold a few bricks in, there was one loose and behind it, a short sword. 

“That’ll come in handy if we can ever get out of this cell” 

“Yeah but how would we do that?”

“I don’t know. Bash the cell open with the block?”

“The cell door doesn’t look that sturdy...I’ll give it a shot” Seconds later, the redheaded princess picks up the block with her gloved hands and smashed it against the rusted cell door about three times until it finally opened, making noise in the process. Immediately, Hinoka picks up the short sword and hides beside the door the guards come in. “The hell was that!?” A guard questions sounding muffled through the door right before he enters. The bearded man busts threw the door and immediately was greeted with a short sword to the heart. He drops, club in hand. Hinoka turns to Takumi. “You’re good with swords right?”

“How did you know that?” Takumi shows visible confusion.

“I still get reports on you y’know. Like how kind you are to your retainers and how you take care of Sakura...”

“We should move on!” Takumi is visibly embarrassed. 

“Anyway, I heard you’re really good with the katana. Why didn’t you stick with it I wonder?”

“Is this really the time for this?”

“Right. Take it. I’m terrible with swords so...I’ll take the club until I can get a naginata”

“Thanks” Grateful, Takumi gets up and is handed the short sword. Their next goal in mind was to find their retainers and hopefully find their weapons in the process.

While walking down the hallways the duo notice there aren’t that many guards. “I don’t trust this” Takumi whispers. “Me neither” as they say that, they stumble upon a regular wooden door. Hinoka opens the door slowly with her guard up while Takumi inches behind her. There laid six weapons, two being there’s. Takumi instantly rushed to the Fujin Yumi picking it up and staring at it. Hinoka grabbed her specially made naginata. Takumi kept his divine weapon close. It was pretty clear from the beginning that he used the weapon as a coping mechanism. It probably boosts his confidence. 

“You never did tell me why you don’t use swords anymore”

“There’s no point. Ryoma’s better anyway”

“So? That doesn’t mean you had to quit. I’ve heard you’re truly talented”

“If I stuck with the blade I would just be living in Ryoma’s shadow. More than I already am”

“What? You’re not living in Ryoma’s shadow!”

“You’re right. I’m living in you and Sakura’s too”

“Takumi what are you-“

“All of you are doing such remarkable things while I’ve been doing nothing. None of you were using the yumi and I liked it better anyway. Someone needed to wield the Fujin Yumi! It gives me confidence in myself”

“Where’s this all coming from?”

“You know why me and Sakura try to avoid the banquets? It’s not only our social anxiety. It’s because all those nobles do is compare me to you guys, mostly Ryoma, and just makes me feel worse. “You should’ve been more like Ryoma”, “you should be better”, “your mother would be disappointed on you if she were still alive”. All of that”

“They can’t just-“

“Hoshido can’t live without nobles. That’s why nobody can stop them”

“I’m not always praised at banquets either you know. Like I said earlier, they always comment on my femininity. So, I understand how you feel”

“Fujin Yumi makes me feel confident, powerful, special!”

“What was it you said to me? “You’re fine as who you are. You don’t need to concern yourself with the ignorant masses and entitled nobles who don’t know the REAL you. You’re great in my book”. Are you going to ignore your own advice?”

Takumi was silent. The two middle children nod at each other and leave the room. They probably wouldn’t be able to carry their retainers weapons so they’d have to retrieve them when they free them. 

They continue as they’re ambushed by a spear fighter for a second but was instantly overpowered by Hinoka’s lance prowess. Right around the corner they see a cell. They run towards it realizing that it’s their retainers. 

“Lord Takumi!” Oboro instantly cheered upon seeing her master. 

“You okay? How’d you get out” Questioned Hinata who was clearly ecstatic of Takumi’s arrival as well. Hinoka’s on the other hand.

“How are you guys? You aren’t hurt are you?” Hinoka asks her incompetent retainers.

“Okay I guess. I’m used to more smaller and constricting traps so this isn’t bad at all” Setsuna says in an absent minded tone, as usual.

“Do I have to leave? This cell is perfect for meditation other than Hinata being loud and obnoxious” Azama is snarky as usual. “Hey!” Yells Hinata clearly insulted. Hinoka hits the door open as they’re told where their weapons are. They were told to meet each other outside. While their retainers went to go retrieve their weapons the siblings rushed to the exit (as much as they could with Takumi’s ankle.

They made it to the assumed exit. “Before we go out there” Hinoka stops him. “I’m not going to tell anyone what we talked about but if you ever, EVER need anything, I’ll be there for you. I don’t like it when you feel bad about yourself”

“Likewise. I’ll be there for you to”

“After this, we should hang out more to make up for lost time. But for right now. We have to escape”

“Right”

They open the door and run out into the stables where they found Hinoka’s mount. “Aw there you are girl. They didn’t hurt you did they?”

“Uh Hinoka?” Takumi was staring in the complete opposite direction. “Look!”

Hinoka turned to his direction to see the Hoshidan army launched an all out attack on their captors army. So that’s where the captors have been. They’ve been fighting this whole time. Among the brave soldiers, Ryoma. Their older brother and king of Hoshido. He shouldn’t be fighting on the battlefield as the ruler of one of the biggest countries in the world. Needless to say that many were gunning for him

Hinoka instantly mounts her pegasus. “Can you shoot some of the soldiers going for Ryoma down? I’ll be swooping down on them. And please don’t be reckless”

“Got it” Takumi shot down the assumed Mokushu ninja’s going for Ryoma. Ryoma noticed the blue arrows piercing through his enemies. “Takumi!” 

Many puppets and mechanists started making their way towards Takumi and started shootings arrows at him. That’s Mokushu alright. Takumi took cover and as soon as he did they started aiming for Hinoka. He also notices Subaki which means Sakura may be here. “I can’t just let her be shot out of the sky” Takumi muttered to himself. With that, he charged towards the puppets who started to shoot at him. ‘Think of the consequences’ he thought to himself. ‘Don’t be so reckless’

Takumi instead ran aside distracting all the mechanists as well and watched as the Sky Knights reigned terror upon them. Takumi collapsed from his injury. His rag fell off and his wound started bleeding. He started going in and out from the blood loss. He just felt himself being dragged. He awoke feeling slightly healed from his injury. He glances to his side to see his younger sister, Sakura. “Are you okay, Big Brother? I was so w-worried about you!” The pink haired shrine maiden started tearing up. “Don’t get emotional yet. Save it for when we’re done massacring these scum!” Takumi felt determined once again. “Why did you come?” He asked calmly. “I-I couldn’t just stand by while my brother and sister were kidnapped and held for r-ransom! I was worried?”

“Ransom? Wait-never mind that. You could’ve gotten hurt. I couldn’t stand the thought of losing you, y’know”

“B-but”

“Just stay close. Let’s finish this first”

Takumi his behind the rock with Sakura, shooting at the Mokushu remnants charging towards the Hoshidan soldiers.  Ryoma and his retainers were holding their ground well and the enemies were dropping like flies. Hinoka swooped down holding a Swordmaster and dropped him from the sky as Takumi shot at him, hitting him midair. By this time Takumi and Hinoka’s retainers have already showed up. Only a few soldiers remained and they were easily overpowered by the Hoshidan forces.

Takumi was beyond exhausted. The siblings met right outside the building while the Hoshidan soldiers search inside it.

“Are you both alright? Are you injured? I rushed over here as soon as they demanded ransom”

“We’re mostly fine. But Takumi has a few more wounds” Hinoka tells him.

“What!? Th-there’s more!?” Sakura winced worriedly 

“They aren’t that bad. You don’t need to concern yourself over them”

“Takumi, what did we talk about?” Hinoka reminded him

“Fine. Sakura you can take a look later”

“Ryoma” Hinoka asks her brother. “I told the enemy sensitive information. I’m sorry”

Why was she defending him.

“You don’t have to defend me Hinoka. I told the enemy sensitive information that can breach us and as much as I regret it, I also don’t because they threatened Hinoka’s life because I wasn’t cooperating no matter how much torture they put me through. They could’ve been bluffing but I didn’t want to take the chance”

“Don’t beat yourself up over it. The Mokkushan are extinct. That information most likely hasn’t gone anywhere. I would’ve rather you saved your sister’s life and spare yourself torture than the opposite”

Surprising considering how overly honorable Hoshido (and Ryoma is)

“I’m just happy none of you are hurt too badly. We had no casualties on our side as well. Only a few injuries. A miracle” Ryoma said.”I couldn’t stop Sakura from joining me when she heard about this”

To Takumi’s dismay. Sakura in danger is a big no-no for him.

“I-I’m happy everyone’s safe too” Sakura admitted.

Hinoka wrapped her arm around her younger brother’s shoulder. “It wasn’t all bad. Some good came out of us being imprisoned”

“Is that so?”

“We got to...talk. Something we haven’t had the opportunity to do” Hinoka elaborated.

“All’s well that ends well. I’m honored to have all three of you as my siblings. You all are so talented and have great personalities. I’m glad to be not only fighting but ruling by all of your sides” The king in red armor announced to his siblings. “We should go back to the capital. You two, no, all of us need a break” With that the family headed back to Hoshido with their retainers and soldiers.

A traumatic experience ended up being the experience they learned the most about their sibling and bonded with them for the first time in years after drifting apart.

Hinoka learned about Takumi’s insecurities, anxiety and confidence.

Takumi learned that Hinoka is insecure about her femininity and roles in Hoshido.

Hinoka how her neglecting him during Corrin’s kidnapping affected Takumi and Sakura.

Takumi learned that Hinoka will put her life on the line for others regardless of her own well being.

Hinoka learned that there are actual legitimate reasons he acts out. 

Takumi learned that Hinoka actually loves and cares about him.

Hinoka learned how to be a better big sister.

They learned that they aren’t so different.

Criticism always welcome.

Spoiler

Not bad. I think it could do with a little proofreading, there are a couple grammar mistakes and that's a big annoyance for me personally. You also have a couple redundant sentences - Hinoka mentions 'it's like looking in a mirror' twice during their conversation, I think you didn't need the second mention. Definitely does a decent job of giving some building for two characters that didn't get a lot in any of the routes.

I've got an entry now! 🙂 I returned to the Zelda fandom and my character Judo for this one, just as I'd said. In fact, I also brought back two other characters that I'd actually created years ago, but completely forgot about over time I until I started looking over some of my really old stuff out of curiosity to see if I could still take stuff from it. That writing is pretty crappy compared to what I can do now, but I might've had some good ideas, you know? Anyway, I'll go more into detail about these characters in a post-read note.

Title: Demons of the Past
Fandom: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask
Words: 4164

Spoiler

Demons of the Past

“Hey Conan, knock knock!” a dusty brown-haired young man said to his friend as the two sat down for a break, a goofy grin on his face. They had been working out and sparring in Hyrule Castle’s training hall.

“Yes, Judo, who is it?” the ebony-haired man, also young, replied with a smile.    

“Yah.”  

“Yah wh—oh seriously, Judo.”   

“YAHOO!” Judo suddenly bellowed, swinging his head backward and raising his fists in excitement.

Conan could only snicker to himself as he brought a hand to his face and playfully shook his head. Some of the other knights and soldiers present in the hall as well had been startled by or heard Judo’s comedic outburst and had mixed reactions. A few chuckled, while some others sighed or rolled their eyes. One muttered something along the lines of “what could’ve made Aldin want that clown to lead us?”

“I should’ve seen that one coming,” Conan then spoke up. “Judo, are you sure you’re not getting a little too excited?”

“Are you kidding?!” Judo replied, neglecting to pay attention to any of his fellow Hyrulean troops. “Kelli’s finally coming back! It’s been seven years… Oh, I want to see her again so bad. To show her what I’ve done here. To pick up where we left off and hang out again. She’s my best friend, remember?”

“Yeah, I totally get that,” Conan said. “You’ve told me all about how close you two were as kids. And how that crazy discovery right outside Kakariko Village led her to go to Mayia to train and study and all that.”

“Exactly. And I’m so proud of her. She’s a heroine in all of Mayia now after what she accomplished over there. I want to tell her that, and to see if she’s proud of me too.”

“Oh, I bet she will be. Judo, you command the knights of Hyrule now! There’s no greater position or honor in Hyrule’s military. You’re practically second to the royal family themselves. And on top of that, you earned the privilege to wield the greatest treasure in the history of the knights! Many would be honored just to see that sword, let alone touch or use it!”

“Ah, yeah… I could definitely get used wielding Orion. It’s a spectacular sword. I don’t know if I’m ready to tell Kelli about being a general yet though. I’m still learning this job and getting used to being called General at all. And some of our men protested my promotion. I myself am not even sure why General Aldin chose me as his successor. I just know how to swing a sword, punch somebody, and make people laugh. I don’t know the first thing about leading. Though before he died, Aldin did say he wanted to train me to lead. I thought he was joking.”

“Well, Judo, I’d say it’s because of your strength and resolve. When you want something, you work your ass off to get it. You’ve lost more than one important person in your life, and you wanted power so you could protect your remaining loved ones, as well as do something with yourself that Kelli could be proud of. So, you worked and trained almost every day to get that power, and then you succeeded. You’ve never lost a fight here in your time as a knight! Your talent with the blade and your brute strength have set you apart from the rest of Hyrule’s military. And when Kelli sees you now, she has to be amazed.”

“Well, sure, but being strong and powerful doesn’t make you a good leader.”

“No, but like I said, there’s also your resolve and you making sure you reach your goals. Aldin knew you had the willpower and potential to grow into a great leader. Because you have the necessary foundation for it. You want to show that he did indeed make the right choice, don’t you?”

“Yeah, I definitely don’t want to let him down. I promised him I would do my best to live up to his expectations.”

“Uh huh. And when you want it, Judo, you can sure as heck make sure you get it.”

“Yeah, I see what you’re saying. But are you really sure? You seem to be the one with the knowledge for this,” Judo pointed out. “I’d say Aldin should’ve considered you for the position.”

“Well, he picked you,” Conan replied. “He thought you had the most potential out of all of us. And I think you do too. In addition to what I’ve already said, you’ve shown more than anybody else I know that you’re someone people feel very safe around and can look up to and admire.”

“Pfft, tell that to all the troops throwing tantrums over this.”

“Oh, they don’t know what they’re talking about. They don’t know you like I do. Or like Aldin did.”

“Easy for you to say. But we’ll see. I’m so glad I made you the new deputy commander though. You always have the best advice, Conan, and you’ve been there for me practically since we met.”

“Heh, I just try to be a good friend, though I appreciate it all the same. Still can’t believe how long Aldin went without appointing another one himself though.”

“Yeah, we know the previous one had to retire early from a bad injury, but that’s it. And speaking of retirees, I still can’t believe Eisen retired too. Not only did we have to get a new general for the knights, but the royal guard now needs one as well.”

“Indeed. He was getting up there in years, and I get that Aldin’s death has been hard on him since they worked together for a long time. But the timing is interesting, to say the least. I wonder who His Majesty intends to replace him with…”

“Yeah, so do I…”

“Ah, General Judo, sir! There you are!” another familiar voice spoke up. A red-orange haired young man with a few freckles had entered the hall and was making his way towards Judo and Conan. Suddenly though, just after the man turned a corner, he found himself colliding with a rack of small weights and knocking a few of them to the floor. Nearby soldiers jumped, with one of them having to side step one of the falling weights.

“Ohhh, darn it!” the man cried in annoyance with himself.

“What the hell, Peeve!” the soldier that narrowly avoided a weight plunging into his foot opined. “That’s the third time this week you’ve made a mess in the castle somewhere! And you almost crushed my foot with that ten-pound weight! You seriously need to be more careful!”

“Y-Yeah… I’m so sorry,” Peeve somberly apologized and picked up the weights as quickly as he could. The soldier gave him a hand despite his irritation.

Once they finished, Peeve resumed his main task and approached Judo and Conan.

“Sorry about all that,” he said. “I’m so clumsy sometimes… I’m lucky I have job at all…”

“Heh, well, you’re still good at what you do, Peeve,” Conan encouraged. “Even if you’re a bit klutzy and not always the most focused person around here.”

“Yeah, no worries,” Judo added. “Your services as the royal messenger are invaluable. So what’s up?”

“Ah, thanks,” Peeve replied with a smile. “I try my best! But right, I can’t forget why I came down here. General Judo, His Majesty wishes to see you and sent me to let you know. He says he has some very important news. He may have a small mission for you too.”

“Oh? Huh, I wonder what that’s all about,” Judo replied, raising an eyebrow. “Alright, I’ll be up there in a few minutes. I guess I better go change, Conan.”

“Okay, I’ll see you later then,” Conan replied.

With that, Judo departed the hall to retreat to his chambers in the barracks. He had just been in his pants and boots with no shirt since he’d just been taking some swings at the punching bag and other exercising. Judo not only trained with a sword, he also liked learning some hand-to-hand combat. It was helpful if he was ever disarmed in a fight or didn’t have another weapon on hand for any other reason. As he donned his dark blue and red battle tunic, silvery blue ornate armor, and white cape, the knight general wondered what exactly King Daphnes had to tell him. Was it something involving Kelli’s return? Was she delayed for some reason? Judo desperately hoped this wasn’t the case. He’d already waited long enough to see his most cherished friend again.

She’s supposed to be starting the journey back home today or tomorrow, Judo noted in his mind. She shouldn’t be forced to put that off any longer.

He couldn’t imagine why she’d have to be delayed anyway. Kelli surely wanted to see him again just as much as he wanted to see her. When they parted seven years before, the two were literally in tears. Kelli had been saddled with a mysterious sword and shield whose power was unknown to anyone around them, and as a result it was too dangerous for her to stay at the time. As much as the two friends didn’t want to leave each other, destiny called one of them away.

Whatever it was that Daphnes needed Judo for, he couldn’t let his mind wander too much. Now that he was a general, the king would be relying on him for so much more than usual. As soon as Judo finished suiting up, he headed for the throne room where King Daphnes and his daughter, Princess Zelda, awaited. As he approached the large doors to the room, Judo felt his heart race a bit. He crossed his fingers hoping to hear good news rather than bad if it involved Kelli at all.

“Hello, your Majesty, your Highness,” Judo greeted when he stepped inside and approached the royal duo. He took a small bow as he spoke.

“I was told you needed me,” he continued. Judo then noticed another man besides Daphnes himself was in the room. He had red hair, part of which was tied into a short ponytail at his neck and was dressed in an elaborate royal guard uniform. The uniform’s colors were the same as those of Judo’s tunic, but the outfit itself was a very different style and it came with different armor. Judo wasn’t sure who this man was, but for some reason, he seemed…familiar.

“Hey there, Judo,” the regal and blonde young woman known as Princess Zelda greeted. “I’m glad Peeve notified you as quickly as he did.”

“Yes, as there is much for us to discuss at the moment,” Daphnes added.

“Your Majesty, is it about Kelli? She’s not going to be late or anything, is she?” Judo immediately wondered. “I’m sorry to ask, but…”

“I understand, Judo,” Daphnes replied. “Don’t worry, Kelli is still on schedule as far as I know and should be departing Mayia very soon. However…”

“What’s going on? And who is this?” Judo inquired, gesturing to the unknown man.

“Well, before I go more into detail on Kelli’s current situation, I would like to introduce you to this young man. He will be our new general for the royal guard,” Daphnes replied. “One of Eisen’s reasons for retiring was so you can work with someone close to your own age when the need arises. This way, you two can help each other learn and grow as our military leaders.”

“Heh. Hello, Judo,” the man replied, with a grin that seemed somewhat devious. “Fancy meeting you here.”

“…Huh? What do you mean?” Judo wondered, arching an eyebrow.

“Psh. Figures you wouldn’t remember me,” the man continued. “I certainly remember you, and not very fondly.”

“Sir Ryo, you know Judo already?” Zelda inquired. Daphnes found his eyebrows raising upon this revelation.

“Wait, what?!” Judo gasped. “Ryo?! No… It can’t be.”

“Oh, so you do remember!” Ryo commented cockily. “I figured there was nothing left of me in that memory of yours after all this time. You probably never expected that you’d have to deal with me again.”

At this, Judo growled and turned to Daphnes.

“Your Majesty, with all due respect, this…this just cannot work,” he somberly insisted.

“I must admit, I am confused at what has suddenly transpired here…” Daphnes replied. “I had no idea you two had history. But shouldn’t this make it even easier for you to be partners?”

“You’d think,” Ryo said. “Except he decided years ago that I no longer exist!”

“That is NOT true!” Judo retorted, his blood beginning to boil, but doing his best to keep his temper in check. “I apologize, your Majesty. Ryo and I…we do have history, yes. Deep in our past, even before I met Kelli. Our parents knew one another and we used to play together when we were little. We were friends…”

“Until you decided to ditch me for that…that girl!” Ryo finished, doing all he could to refrain from using more inappropriate terminology in front of the king and princess. “What was totally so special about her I’ll never figure out!”

“Hey! You insult Kelli and you can be sure as hell I’ll make you regret it!”

“Both of you, calm yourselves,” Daphnes ordered. “I was not expecting to see my newest generals erupt into an argument. But I won’t be changing your positions just because, and it appears you two have things you need to work out. I advise you to go somewhere and talk.”

“Oh… Yes, I apologize again…” Judo replied, sighing with disappointment in himself. “It was not right of me to behave that way.”

“Oh, us having “things to work out” is an understatement,” Ryo said. “But my apologies as well. I am willing to at least try to work those issues out with Judo for yours and Princess Zelda’s sakes, your Majesty, as well as for the sake of our troops.”

“Same for me,” Judo agreed.

“Good to hear,” Daphnes implied. “Now, Judo, Peeve also told you that I may have a task for you, correct?”

“Yes, he did.”

“Well, while I am fully aware of your close friendship with Kelli and how much you desire to meet her when she arrives here, I’m afraid that this mission will most certainly delay that meeting for you if I do indeed send you on it.”

“What? No… Ugh…”

“I do apologize for the inconvenience. But it is important. Recently, we’ve gotten reports from Mayia that there’ve been some strange incidents going on there. Their military is currently investigating and Kelli is doing what she can to help while preparing for her return trip here,” Daphnes explained. “But there’s a chance that they’ll need our help and our knights are best equipped to make the journey out there and back in a timely and reasonable fashion. And more likely than not, Kelli will already be on her way here by the time you arrive.”

“I…see,” Judo replied, though a lump was now forming in his throat. “On my honor as a knight, I will do what I must.”

“Good. Also, I believe I should also let you know that when Kelli does arrive, I have a task for her as well. You’ve heard of the young hero named Link, yes?”

“Oh, of course. He and her Highness saved Hyrule years ago, didn’t they?”

“Duh, Judo. That story’s been told a million times since then,” Ryo jumped in.

“Hey, I don’t remember every single detail of it,” Judo retorted. “Anyway, what’s Kelli got to do with him, your Majesty? I heard he hasn’t been seen in Hyrule since all that happened.”

“Well, it’s not a mission that only I’d like her to undertake, but Zelda has requested it as well. In fact, it was her idea,” Daphnes continued. “We’d like for Kelli to search for Link when she has the time and opportunity. My daughter reported that she has an unexplainable feeling about them and that we may need their heroics here in the future. And I’m inclined to agree with her.”

“Yes, precisely,” Zelda added. “And…I do miss Link too. I hope he’s safe, where ever he’s been all these years. I knew him for a short while when we were children. We didn’t know one another like you and Kelli did, Judo, but I still called him my friend and a valuable ally.”

“I understand,” Judo replied. “Hey, if I can finish that mission in Mayia quickly enough, or if you don’t have to send me after all, maybe I can help Kelli search for Link.”

“That would be ideal, actually,” Daphnes agreed. “Since you two could spend time together while doing your duties. But we’ll have to see how things play out.”

“Yes, of course. Thank you, your Majesty.”

“You’re welcome. Now, you and Ryo must go talk your situation over,” Daphnes continued. “That’s an order.”

“Yes, your Majesty…” both Judo and Ryo obeyed at the same time, though their tones conveyed little pleasure.

The two then exited the throne room, and turned to face each other. They remained silent at first. Neither were sure how to start.

“Judo, come on! Why can’t you play? I’ve been waiting for you to play for days! You hardly ever want to play anymore!”

“I’m sorry, Ryo. I just don’t want to right now… I still really miss my dad. I want to be alone.…”

“…Ugh! You’re so not fun anymore!”

For a few moments, both Judo and Ryo just casually glanced at once another, sighing as they began walking down the hall to look for a suitable place to talk. At this point, many things began crossing their minds as well. Memories that neither expected to be dug up again came back like it was nothing.

“Oh, Ryo. Heya.”

“Hey, Judo! You’re outside again! Awesome! Let’s go play a game or something!”

“Oh… Sorry, but I’m playing with my new friend Kelli today. She’s too cool! Maybe another time, okay?”

“W-What? But…”

“Later, Ryo!”

“…RRRGH! I hate you!”

Judo braced himself for what he was sure he’d be hearing out of Ryo when they began talking. He knew what had happened between the two to cause them to stop speaking for so long. This conversation would not be easy at all. He heaved a sigh to break the silence and finally became the first one to speak.

“So… Ryo. Where would you like to talk?” Judo inquired. “I was thinking outside. We’re likely to have more privacy there. A lot of people wander the castle halls.”

“…Fine with me. Makes sense,” Ryo agreed, though he still sounded like he was sneering.

“Alright then.”

The two then made for the nearest door to the castle gardens, where it was indeed quieter and less likely to see many passersby. There would be a few guards patrolling near the courtyard, but there were still areas of the gardens where they wouldn’t be able to pay much attention to someone standing or talking there. Judo and Ryo made for one of these spots not far from where they exited the castle.

“Alright,” Judo said, breaking the silence again. “Look… I didn’t shut you out for no reason and you know it.”

“You still completely abandoned me without saying much at all!” Ryo retorted. “And then you had the gall to not just do that, but replace me with that girl! As I said, it was like I never even existed to you!”

“I’d lost my dad! I had no idea what had happened to him! One day he’s there, and then the next, he never comes home, just like that! My five-year-old mind couldn’t comprehend or accept it for the next almost three years! And you knew this! But you kept pestering me to just carry on like it didn’t freaking matter!”

“Oh my goddesses, I TRIED TO HELP YOU! Of course I knew you were going through a crappy time, idiot! I just wanted to be there for you! To make it…easier…”

“Well, it didn’t work. You just wouldn’t understand. And Kelli… She happened to be there that day when I was starting to find some form of acceptance... I walked up to her and said hi. And…we just clicked.”

“Yeah, I’ve heard. The knights, the soldiers, that whole thing has gone around, you know. You talked about her constantly. I’d come to despise her because I blamed her and you for losing what I thought could’ve been a lifelong friend… My parents quit talking to your mom after that too, and some great times just came to a stupid end!”

At this, Judo paused for a second before responding.

“Well… I…I missed Kelli a lot after she left. I am sorry if I overdid it there,” he said.

“Oh, you did,” Ryo reiterated. “I eventually couldn’t stand even just hearing her name and I still can’t. I never forgave you for what you did.”

“And… I don’t expect forgiveness. I won’t say that what I did was right,” Judo admitted. “Even though we were just little kids, I should’ve known that you just wanted to help. You were my friend. But I guess my mind was that clouded with grief and all.”

“Well… Maybe now that you mention it…” Ryo said. “I was too pushy like you said. I was just six myself, so… I guess I couldn’t understand. But you could’ve at least tried to reconnect later! You didn’t even do that!”

“True…” Judo admitted, his eyes wandering away. “I was depressed multiple times over the years though, even after meeting Kelli. During the time she’s been away, there were even moments where I wished I could die. Worrying about her and what she was doing, worrying about my mother, still thinking of my father once in a while, desperately just wanting to know what had happened… And then add General Aldin dying in my arms on the battlefield and declaring me the new leader of the knights. It was so much to take in, and I was put down by some others because I just wanted to joke around and relax sometimes. They’d think I had no sense of responsibility. This all was…so much to deal with. I almost couldn’t do it. Remembering how hard Kelli was surely working and how hard I wanted to work for her and my mom was all that kept me going. If it weren’t for those things… I’d have probably taken my own life by now.”

“…Wait. Seriously? You were suffering that bad?” Ryo commented, his eyebrows raising.

“Yeah. Oh, I also had Conan to help too, I have to admit. He’s been a great friend.”

“Your new deputy commander, right. I’ve met him a few times, he is a smart guy. You made a good choice there.”

“Heh, glad you agree.”

“But… Damn, Judo, I never guessed you were in such a dark place all this time. From what I saw, you were laughing, telling people jokes, even seemingly having a lot of fun at times. In fact, I didn’t even remember you ever trying to be such a comedian before your dad disappeared. If you were ever depressed, I’d have never seen it until you told me. I’m sorry…”

“Well… They do say that the most broken people are the best at hiding it. I suppose I was one of them.”

“Sure sounds like it. …So hey. Seems like we’re okay now? I’m sorry for my angry outbursts.”

“Oh, of course. Apology accepted.”

With that, the two happily shook hands.

“Oh, and…as for when I first got my interest in jokes and comedic stuff…well, I found it as a way of coping with and masking all that grief and depression, not so long before I met Kelli,” Judo continued. “And I absolutely love doing it.”

With that, he gave his old friend a wink.

“So I can see,” Ryo replied with a small chuckle. “It seems like it worked, sort of. But if there’s a next time you’re feeling so down in the dumps, talk to friends and family more and open up about what you’re going through so we can help. Don’t shut anybody out. Okay?”

“It’s a deal,” Judo agreed with a smile.

“Well, shall we go return to his Majesty and let him know that we’ve put the past behind us?”

“Certainly! By the way though, I know you said you didn’t want to hear about or have anything to do with Kelli, but I’d be happy to introduce you two when the opportunity comes. If you’re ever interested.”

“Heh. Don’t worry, I’ll be sure to keep that in consideration.”

“Good to hear!”

With that, the two headed for the nearest door, able to go inside with a long-overdue rekindled friendship…and Judo knowing that he’d taken a big step forward in conquering the demons that had haunted him for good.

Post-Read Notes:

Spoiler

- Peeve is one of the two characters I mentioned at the start of this post. Yes, his name comes from the phrase "pet peeve" lol. It's more of a joke because as you can tell, he can sometimes get in the way by mistake, poor dude. XD He's kinda klutzy and scatterbrained.

- Ryo is the other character I made up a long time ago, though under a different name. I decided I no longer liked the name he originally had and changed it. I can't remember exactly why I created him, but I brought him back because why should Kelli have been the only kid young Judo ever interacted with? I feel he further deepens Judo's already rather dark and expansive backstory too. I kinda retconned Kakariko Village in this headcanon a bit too, to have perhaps a couple/few more homes and residents than what we actually see in Ocarina of Time. I just felt like there could've been more.

- Oh, and a little tidbit: Eisen's name came from none other than General/President Eisenhower.

Comments and critique are welcome whenever. 🙂

Edited by Anacybele

Get ready for my longest entry lol

Summoner's Luck

Words: 3, 411

Fandom: Fire Emblem Heroes x Fire Emblem Awakening 

Post read:

Spoiler

So I pulled the Prince in distress lol.  The plot is more meant to focus on Grima because damn it he gives material to work with.  That said I thought I'd show Crazy Summoner Grima's character arc as he is still coming to terms with himself and you don't really have to have read Crazy Summoner but it will help a little- O.o and I had to remove swearing so if I missed anything...eh, I hope it slips into true PG territory.

Edited by TheSilentChloey
Entry being edited opps XD

23 hours ago, Anacybele said:

@TheSilentChloey You think you could make that less wall-of-texty? It's rather hard to read. xP

Dang though, in just three hours we went from zero entries to three. Nice. lol

I didn't think it was that difficult to follow, but okay.

So, I am starting to think that I might have to rush in order to get my story out. The next couple of days will be filled with other things I want to do as well as getting back into my dorm for the second semester of freshman-year college. So it will not be posted this week, or here. It will, however, be posted in the writing section as a standalone product that I will work on in between other things, complete with its own feedback post.

Sorry about my continued lack of entries, but I do not want to risk spreading myself too thin (I mean, I do have video games, Dungeons and Dragons, College, and my social life ahead of me).

To sweeten things, I’ll tell you guys a preview here. And it’s that my story will be a deeper exploration into Felix and Lysithea’s non-Azure Moon ending on the Verdant Wind Route. It will be a romance story. So, I hope you can forgive me for this.

The Weight of A Sword

Fandom: Fire Emblem Fates

Word count: 2,247

Spoiler

“Gods my legs are killing me! Please tell me that we’re almost there!” Corrin huffed in between desperate gasps for breath.

“Geez you’re pathetic” Takumi scoffed as he walked beside his older brother, “At this rate, you’ll die before we even reach the throne room”

“Sh-Shut up!” Corrin snapped back. “We’ve hardly had any time to rest ever since dealing with Camilla’s soldiers back there”

“Takumi does have a point though” Ryoma spoke up, “If you’re this winded right now, Garon will kill you before you even have a chance to draw your sword”

“Yeah I suppose you’re right” Corrin sighed.

Elise giggled, “Don’t worry Corrin, we’re almost there. Father’s room is just at the top of this tower”

“Really?! Thank gods. Perhaps then we should take a moment to rest before ascending”

“An excellent idea. But unfortunately, it doesn’t look like we’ll get the chance” Azura suddenly spoke up.

Corrin raised an eyebrow, “Why’s that?”

“Look who’s waiting for us,” Azura said as she motioned her hand forward.

Corrin turned around to see a tall blonde haired man in black Paladin armor standing at the end of the narrow hallway. He breathed a deep sigh, “Xander…”

Corrin and his siblings flooded into the small room where Xander stood. The tension in the air immediately went stiff as Xander’s stone-cold glare pierced Corrin’s heart. Corrin gripped the hilt of his sword as everyone else readied their weapons.

“You’re here…” He said in a cold and unfeeling tone.

Xander gripped the hilt of his sword as it pulsed with a malicious purple aura. The stiff air grew cold as every muscle in Corrin’s body ached with anticipation. Slowly, Siegfried was pulled from its sheath and with a mighty swing was aimed directly at Corrin’s chest.

“Hello, Corrin. You’ve done well to make it this far” Xander finally said.

“It’s been a long journey…” Corrin took a deep breath, “I was hoping I wouldn’t have to face you like this, Brother” The last word came out cold and weighed down by several three-ton bricks.

“Did you think I’d let anyone, even you, kill father right in front of me?” Xander scoffed, “You’re more naive than I thought. If you insist on toppling Nohr, you’ll have to get through me first”

“Xander, please stop!” Elise stepped in front of Corrin and spread out her arms, “Do you really have to fight like this?!” She pleaded as her eyes glistened with tears, “Corrin is still out brother! All he wants is peace!”

“Elise?” Corrin whispered.

“Elise?! What are you doing?!” Xander looked down at his younger sister, “Have you abandoned Nohr as well?”

Elise shook her head, “No that’s not it” Her hands went to her chest, “I…” She looked away for a moment, “I-I just want our family to go back to the way it was!” She looked back at him with her wide purple eyes.

“I see” Xander closed his eyes for a moment, “is that child’s logic how you managed to sway Leo and Camilla?” He scoffed again, “I don’t have the luxury of being so naive. As the crown prince of Nohr, I will protect my homeland and its king by stopping Corrin here and now!” He looked back down at Elise, “It’s the only way”

“Xander…” Elise said as she took a step back.

“Now then…” He pointed his sword back at Corrin.

“I’ve had enough! let’s just end this, already!” Takumi suddenly spoke up as he prepared to fire an arrow from his Fujin Yumi only for Ryoma to stop him.

“But Ryoma…”

Ryoma shook his head, “Everyone! As long as no one from Nohr intervene, then neither shall we! Understood?!”

Xander looked over to Ryoma and nodded, “You needn’t worry about that” He gestured to the area around him, “As you can see, I am here without the support of my retainers or any soldiers” He looked back at Corrin, “This is between you and me, little prince”

Corrin sighed, “Understood…”

Xander lowered his sword, “There isn’t much space here” He gestured to a nearby doorway, “Why don’t we step into the great hall”

Corrin nodded, “right”

“Wait!” Elise cried out as she ran after them as more tears began to sparkle from her eyes.

Xander stopped and glared back at his sister, “Stand back, Elise! There’s no need for you to see this...”

Elise stopped dead in her tracks, “B-But…”

“I told you not to move!” Xander snapped causing Elise to flinch.

Elise rubbed the tears from her eyes, “I-I’m sorry Corrin. I’m sorry I couldn’t talk Xander out of this”

Corrin smiled back at his sister, “It’s okay, Elise. I’m glad you came all the way here with us and no matter what happens…” He hesitated for a moment, “just know that having you as my sister has been the best thing that has ever happened to me”

“No matter what happens…” Elise looked up at Corrin with what could only be described as a look of true despair. “Don’t say things like that!”

Corrin’s heart sank as he tore his eyes away from his sister’s tear ridden gaze. This was something he had to do, alone. This was between him and Xander. For a moment, he remained silent. He had to be strong for both his sake and hers.

“I have to go…” Corrin finally said before marching off to meet Xander into the next room.

Corrin’s heart twisted as he heard Elise break out into a thunderstorm of tears and sobs.

I’m sorry, Elise….

---

“All right Corrin, it’s time to settle this once and for all,” Xander said as he sunk to a fighting stance, “I hope you’ve taken all of my training to heart. Don’t hesitate like you used to, understood?”

“Don’t worry, I won’t hesitate,” He said as he readied himself, “So long as you don’t go easy on me anyway, I’m different from the lonely little brother you used to train with back at the fortress”

“I hope so, otherwise this will be one short fight” He took a deep breath, “Now then, let’s begin”

“Right,” Corrin took a deep breath as he stood and faced his opponent.

Here goes nothing…

He just had to remember everything Xander had taught him back when they trained at the Nohrian Fortress.

----

“The first move is yours, Corrin,” Xander said as he took a fighting stance on the other side of the roof. “Come at me when you’re ready”

“Right” Corrin nodded before charging forward as fast as he could.

He let out a war cry before lunging at his older brother. Sparks scattered into the air as their blades met. Xander frowned and easily shrugged off Corrin’s attack. Corrin bit his lip as he watched Xander swing Siegfried down at him. He quickly moved to block the attack only for him to be sent skidding across the floor. Corrin raised his blade once more as Xander was once again upon him in full.

----

Corrin carefully weaved through each strike as best he could. Xander was fast and each strike nearly threatened to tear the Yato from his grip. He had to find an opening and fast. If Xander fought anything as he did back at the fortress, then his next move would be…

His eyes shot wide as he watched Xander’s blade come at him from above. Corrin gripped his sword and in the next moment, their blades collided. Without a single moment of hesitation, Corrin stabbed forward intent on injecting his brother’s shoulder. But for a moment, he stopped himself as their eyes locked. Xander ducked and the next thing he knew he cried out as a sharp pain pierced his side. The taste of hot liquid iron filled his mouth as he was once again sent skidding across the floor.

So, you really do intend to kill me, huh...

Corrin’s vision blurred as looked up to see a fuzzy humanoid figure charge at him once more.

Xander…

----

A dull ache ran through Corrin’s body as he forced himself to stand. His lungs crumpled like paper with each passing breath. He looked up to see his older brother without a single scratch on him. All that effort and he couldn’t even land one blow. How was ever supposed to win against the strongest knight in all of nohr?

“Xander I…”

Xander scoffed, “giving up so soon, Corrin?” He shook his head, “As a prince of Nohr, I expect more from you now pick up your sword and try again!”

“B-But I…” Corrin barely got out in between gasps of breaths.

“We train like this so we can defend ourselves from our enemies” Xander interrupted, “If you can’t land a single hit on me today, then you won’t last a single second out on a real battlefield”

“I know but…”

“You’ve always said you wanted to someday leave this fortress,” Xander said, “Well, Father has been tracking your progress. He thinks by now he may be ready to grant your wish”

Corrin’s face lit up, “What?! He really said that?!”

Xander nodded, “Indeed but that’s only if you can prove yourself by defeating me here and now!”

Corrin smiled, “Alright, I think I’m ready now,” Corrin said as he readied his blade once more, “Get ready cause I’m going to come at you with all I have”

Xander smirked, “Motivated, are we? Then use that fire to defeat me” He said as he sunk into a fighting stance, “If you would see the outside world beyond the view from your window, defeat me. Show that all of the time I’ve devoted to training you has not been in vain!”

And with that, Xander charged at Corrin yet again.

-----

Xander, back then you were always watching out for me. You were always by my side.

Corrin stretched out his hand is it morphed into a large clawed paw. Bandage-like scales draped to the sides of his arm.

When I was sad or lonely, you were one of the first to comfort me. You were one of the first to tell me that everything would be alright.

Corrin took a deep breath as his blood-red eyes spotted Siegfried descend upon him once more.

Even when you seemed troubled from your arguments with father, you always put my feelings and well being before yours. You truly were the best older brother I could ask for…

Corrin winced as his draconic hand clamped down on his brother’s blade. Xander tried desperately to wretch his sword free but to no avail.

You once said that one swing of a blade can communicate more than a lifetime of words. And now more than ever, I think I understand what you mean…

Trust me, I don’t want to have to fight you either…

Corrin’s eyes flared to life as he shot a blood-red glare at his opponent. He gripped Xander’s blade to keep him in place.

But like you said, this is the way it has to be…

With his other hand, Corrin gripped Yato’s hilt and stabbed upward, intent on piercing straight through his brother’s skull. However…

“You’re still so naive, little brother,” Xander said with the tip of Corrin’s blade mere millimeters away from his face. Those last two words were drenched in venom.

Corrin’s breaths came out ragged like a sick and exhausted animal. The sharp glow in his eyes faded as they dropped to the floor. His grip on Xander’s blade loosened as sweat and tears dripped down his face. He couldn’t do it…

“I thought I told you not to hesitate,” Xander scoffed as he wretched Siegfried from Corrin’s grip. “You must come at me with the intent to kill, otherwise…”

Xander then delivered a swift kick to Corrin’s abdomen which sent him flying into a nearby wall. A loud pain rang through Corrin’s body as he slumped to the ground. Strings of blood leaked from his mouth. He lifted his head to see Xander slowly approach him.

“Your enemy will get the better of you in that single moment of hesitation”

“B-But X-Xander...c-can’t you see? This isn’t the only way!” Corrin pleaded, “Why don’t you just join me so we can put an end to this and fight for what truly matters”

“What truly matters is Nohr’s safety and joining you to overthrow father would mean to betray that safety”

But don’t you see! Garon’s rule is only hurting this nation and its people!!” Corrin cried out with fire in his lungs, “It’s hurting Camilla, Leo, Elise, and even you! So just open your eyes to the truth!! Ask yourself who the re-”

Xander grit his teeth, “I’VE HEARD ENOUGH!!!”

“Xander…”

“I am the crown prince of Nohr!” Xander said as he raised Siegfried into the air. “I don’t have the luxury to listen to your empty words. I WILL defend my homeland as I see fit no matter the cost!!” Xander said as he swung down at Corrin.

Xander!! What happened to you?

PLEASE STOOOP!!!” Elise’s voice suddenly rang out.

For a moment, time seemed to stop. A loud scream shot into the air as Siegfried was drenched in dark red. Corrin’s heart shattered at the sight of Elise’s body hitting the floor. A mist of tears blurred his gaze as he looked down at his trembling hands coated in blood. The world around him crumbled as all he could think about was the horrid sight he just bore witness to.

ELISE!!!!!” They both cried out in unison.

Some notes:

Spoiler

Not my best work as fight scene are relatively tricky to do but I think I was able to get across what I wanted to with this. I know the ending is a bit abrupt but honestly, that moment felt like the best stopping point for this. Oh well just enjoy my take on this little iconic scene I suppose

Edited by Ottservia

I almost certainly won't finish, but I'll do my best. As I previously stated, it's turning out to be fairly disturbing, but still pg-13 range. I think. Either way, it's set on Tellius and it's about a branded kid who realizes his dad is involved in the slave trade, prompting him to join the Laguz emancipation army. However, one of his missions is to free the slaves imprisoned in his father's house. Hopefully I'll gst it done! My life's become really stressful all of a sudden, so I might miss a few in a row.

Speaking of life changes, I'm starting my new college semester next week, so I'll probably end up slower in pumping out entries myself, as well as probably skipping more that I don't have much interest in.

Well dang, Otts. Not sure it's even worth finishing mine now. On the other hand, you all dropped your best game stuff, it's only fair I give you guys something to compete against. Mid-process now, hopefully this'll be finished tonight.

And now, the fifth piece / My contribution is done / Onto the voting! -ENTRY ADDITION!!!-
(Shut up, it makes sense for anyone who knows the source material)

Blue Angel, Red Devil

Notes:

Spoiler

This is meant to be a twist on the prompt - while the individuals depicted here are definitely not close by any meaning of the word, they do drift apart physically over the course of time and are thrown back together here so I'm calling it good. This is also a shamelessly-lifted game opening with some artistic liberties taken both to prevent spoilers and because I felt it would have seemed too long had I gone through the entire script...and because I procrastinate this stuff like crazy. The green is hard to read, I know, it's intentionally like that - it's kind of a reference to the game, you would get it if you'd played it. Hopefully at least someone here knows the franchise, I'm hoping Anon recognizes this since he's a Megaman guy. It's kind of short - apparently barely breaking 1k words is becoming a thing for me on here - but again I felt like it would have felt too drawn-out if I'd gone for the whole level script.