SF's "Write Your Butt Off" Competition HD II.5 Remix

AnonymousSpeed

@Anacybele

0/10 not enough Rolf X Mist

It was quite good, and I enjoyed it even more than your previous entry! IMO this is the best one you've written that I've seen so far. It didn't really  surprise me, but it wasn't overly straightforward.  I also like that you didn't rely on background information to tell the story. The only major jump was Ike and Fam living on your fanfic continent, which wasn't explained, but it would have been a huge exposition dump if you had, so I can see why you didn't. Good job!

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Benice said:

@Anacybele

0/10 not enough Rolf X Mist

It was quite good, and I enjoyed it even more than your previous entry! IMO this is the best one you've written that I've seen so far. It didn't really  surprise me, but it wasn't overly straightforward.  I also like that you didn't rely on background information to tell the story. The only major jump was Ike and Fam living on your fanfic continent, which wasn't explained, but it would have been a huge exposition dump if you had, so I can see why you didn't. Good job!

I actually prefer Rolf x Mist over Boyd x Mist, tbh but I like sticking as close to canon as possible and Boyd is Mist's sole marriage option. And I don't mind that pair. xP

Glad you liked it so much! ^^ I really do enjoy writing the family dynamic between these guys and that between them and their friends and foes too. It just ends up having so much potential and amazing possibilities come out of it. Also some amusing ones. XD

As for why Ike and his fam are on the fan continent, that's pretty much because Ike left Tellius at the end of RD (even if I can't stand that ending for him at all) and I had Elincia eventually follow him. They chose to remain in Altarais after a bunch of other stuff happened. That's basically it.

I'd actually prefer now if I'd had them stay in Tellius and not used Ike's god awful RD ending at all. But I've gone so far into this ficverse that if I change that kind of detail now, I'd have to change a lot of other things too. And I really mean a LOT.

Edited by Anacybele

On 2/15/2020 at 10:00 AM, Anacybele said:

I actually prefer Rolf x Mist over Boyd x Mist, tbh but I like sticking as close to canon as possible and Boyd is Mist's sole marriage option. And I don't mind that pair. xP

Fair enough, I guess.

On 2/15/2020 at 10:00 AM, Anacybele said:

Glad you liked it so much! ^^ I really do enjoy writing the family dynamic between these guys and that between them and their friends and foes too. It just ends up having so much potential and amazing possibilities come out of it. Also some amusing ones. XD

As for why Ike and his fam are on the fan continent, that's pretty much because Ike left Tellius at the end of RD (even if I can't stand that ending for him at all) and I had Elincia eventually follow him. They chose to remain in Altarais after a bunch of other stuff happened. That's basically it.

I'd actually prefer now if I'd had them stay in Tellius and not used Ike's god awful RD ending at all. But I've gone so far into this ficverse that if I change that kind of detail now, I'd have to change a lot of things. And I really mean a LOT.

Yeah, I guess it makes sense given the context of RD. 

I mean, if you really wanted to change it, I'm pretty sure none of us here are super familiar with your ficverse, so yoou could just have a modified version for here. Of course, there's nothing wrong with the one you currently have.

Edited by Benice

30 minutes ago, Benice said:

illiteracy-impact.thumb.jpg.08400899a9f4d65a09dc0bd1deacd42e.jpg

Fair enough, I guess.

Yeah, I guess it makes sense given the context of RD. 

I mean, if you really wanted to change it, I'm pretty sure none of us here are super familiar with your ficverse, so yoou could just have a modified version for here. Of course, there's nothing wrong with the one you currently have.

Yeah, that's true, but when I write my Ike x Elincia fam, it's just simpler to tie it in with the ficverse I've already got instead of making a new AU with the same cast.

10 hours ago, Benice said:

Good luck! I hope both you and @Ottservia will be able to fund the time to finish.

Mine might not get done unfortunately. I’ll certainly try but there are other things I wanna be writing too atm. Who knows with adhd anything is possible 

On 2/16/2020 at 9:50 AM, Benice said:

7 days, 10 hours and 9 minutes remaining!

WILL ANYONE ELSE FINISH?!

DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUUNN!!!

I will once I get myself to stop trying to simultaneously do a Conquest-Selena married run and a Revelations-Caeldori married run at the same time. Also I forgot how much I enjoy using Reina, though she's a little more bloodthirsty than I remembered. I don't know that I'll be subverting any expectations, but we'll see.
Also the face when Chloey should have waited until the last second to submit her entry for the ultimate expectation subversion, since she's usually first.

2 hours ago, Azure loves his Half Elves said:

How many people have submitted? I am questioning how I can get things done in time with my workload. I also was going to set this on an original DND world, so I would have to get some lore together.

Sorry.

I think three people have submitted thus far; Me, Chloey and Ana. Don't worry about it if you can't get it in.

4 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

I will once I get myself to stop trying to simultaneously do a Conquest-Selena married run and a Revelations-Caeldori married run at the same time. Also I forgot how much I enjoy using Reina, though she's a little more bloodthirsty than I remembered. I don't know that I'll be subverting any expectations, but we'll see.
Also the face when Chloey should have waited until the last second to submit her entry for the ultimate expectation subversion, since she's usually first.

I...was actually debating whether or not I'd genuinely wanted to enter this round at all.  But I don't like not doing so, since it kind of helps to do these kinds of things...

Alright, took me longer that it should have but thanks to Road Taken and some Oreos here we go.

Notes:

Spoiler

B#
Pretty basic attempt at flipping things around, not really sure I threw anyone's expectations for a loop in all honesty. As usual, it feels rushed to me, and badly paced, and I kind of ended it abruptly because I just want to get it in, but meh, I can always expand it in the future. Took a bit of liberty here with claiming Embla was a matriarchy, mostly to explain why Bruno does nothing royalty-ish during the entirety of the storyline, but apparently he's basically banished in official FEH canon(heh, FEH canon, that's a good one), so whoops. I like my explanation more though.

@SoulWeaver

I do agree with your summary of it in your post read notes. It was entertaining and had interesting concepts which I liked, but as you stated, the ending was abrupt. The only other thing that I have to mention is that the first paragraph is unclear. I think it's the use of things like " 

In this world, Embla was the side of light and good, with the Order of Heroes as an important part of the country, while Askr was a kingdom of darkness and evil-

“We’d better start explaining.” Bruno said as the others began walking away from the Summoning Gate.

-Led, most likely, by himself.

Not horrendous, but it could have been "While Askr was a kingdom of darkness and evil, which was most likely led by himself." Also, the first paragraph or so needs some reworking. I found it very hard to tell what you were trying to say. It was mostly the "He himself had gathered orbs to summon." The whole thought of the first paragraph could be shortened and revised. If you have time, I"d recommend you do just that, because it would take your story from a 6.5/10 to an 8/10. I will also say that yours was by far the most subverting entry thus far.

12 hours ago, Benice said:

@SoulWeaver

I do agree with your summary of it in your post read notes. It was entertaining and had interesting concepts which I liked, but as you stated, the ending was abrupt. The only other thing that I have to mention is that the first paragraph is unclear. I think it's the use of things like " 

Not horrendous, but it could have been "While Askr was a kingdom of darkness and evil, which was most likely led by himself." Also, the first paragraph or so needs some reworking. I found it very hard to tell what you were trying to say. It was mostly the "He himself had gathered orbs to summon." The whole thought of the first paragraph could be shortened and revised. If you have time, I"d recommend you do just that, because it would take your story from a 6.5/10 to an 8/10. I will also say that yours was by far the most subverting entry thus far.

The first paragraph or so was kind of the opening concept. You’re right, I should have gone back and reworked it to better fit once I got the rest done, but I didn’t, so there it is. I might make a few changes once the round is over, but I don’t like changing it while people are still reading and judging it.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I have to agree Soulweaver's entry covers the prompt better than the others. lol GG man. XD

I’m glad you think so, I figured everyone would be going into each piece expecting something wacky so I thought this would be expected. My initial idea was to just write a basic everyday normal story with no real flips or changes to psyche people out, but then I realized I can’t define ‘normal’ in regards to stories and that sounds boring as heck. I also considered writing a 4chan-style post, but then this idea occurred to me.

23 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

I’m glad you think so, I figured everyone would be going into each piece expecting something wacky so I thought this would be expected. My initial idea was to just write a basic everyday normal story with no real flips or changes to psyche people out, but then I realized I can’t define ‘normal’ in regards to stories and that sounds boring as heck. I also considered writing a 4chan-style post, but then this idea occurred to me.

Ah, I see! Well, what you did worked out, I'd say. 😛

I forgot to mention one more tidbit about something in my entry btw. If anyone's wondering what Ettardios, that weapon Ike mentioned using in his latest job, is, it's an upgraded version of Ettard, the weapon he starts out with in RD. He wasn't originally planning to upgrade it since it worked well enough for him, but it was accidentally broken early on in my main fic and after he brought it to a blacksmith to repair it, the blacksmith was kind enough to not just do that, but reforge it into a more powerful weapon! Ike only uses it for more difficult jobs.

He also has Ragnell, gifted to him by Sanaki during that fic too, but he very rarely uses it post-fic because it's so valuable and he knows that over time, its blessing will wear off.  He'll only use it if he has to help take on a massive job, like being hired for another war or huge battle. Otherwise, it stays safely locked away with Ettardios in a different place than those everyday swords. No need to be wearing away those valuable weapons on simple jobs when Ike can just use a normal common sword to do them.

I just couldn't write another big story featuring Ike without him obtaining Ragnell again someday. XD And since Priam has it in Awakening, he more than likely somehow attained permanent ownership of it at some point anyway.

So uhhh question, is it okay if my entry has extremely mild incestious undertones? It's nothing explicit obviously but I kinda lean into some trashy "little sister" light novel tropes. The most of it is the main character calling his sister cute and the use of "onii-chan" as it were.

I mean, I don't give a crap.

In the meantime, apparently I didn't write enough this round because this happened. Non-participation entry I guess. At time of post it's unfinished, I need to update my current edits once I can go mobile and then finish out the thing, but in the meantime meh, here you go.

Notes

Spoiler

What happens when I get bored and imagine Innistrad's Flight of Nightmares picking a fight with one annoyed SoulWeaver? A Flugel gets involved, that's what happens. This idea occurred to me a while back, but I haven't had a chance to write it out until now. The names are rather placeholderish since I haven't had time to look into Innistrad's Angel name etymology. Silessa is meant to be the Subjugator Angel from the Eldritch Moon set if you want a visual aid.

I mean, it's especially interesting on your end, Chloey, since you've only seen Arilon with the Wanderers from Caleb's viewpoint. Caleb never saw what it looks like when he lets Karuptos manifest. While he looks normal enough during ST, in some darker worlds like Innistrad his left eye is consumed by underworld fire, requiring him to always wear his blindfold.

The Time I Heroically Died Saving My Cute Little Sister Only To Be Reincarnated As A Demon Lord In Another World

Original

word count: 1,754

Spoiler

“Big brother! Come on wake up!” I heard my sister’s voice call out to me.

“Just five more minutes! Please!” I groan and pull the covers over my face.

“Big Brother!” she whined, “GET UP!” I hear before a large wooden object slammed against my side. 

My eyes nearly bulged out of their sockets as my body was sent spiraling in a whirlwind of blankets towards the hardwood floor.

“Geez, sis…” I groan as I force my aching body to sit up. I clutch my head and shook the world back into place.  “Was that really necessary?”

My sister let out a cute little huff as she moved the wooden bat over her shoulder. “Well I wouldn’t have to go to such extremes if you just got up when I asked the first time, Kaito” 

“Oh come on what happened to the ‘big brother’ from earlier?” I look up and frown at her.

“What the hell do you take me for?! The cute and innocent little sister from one of your trashy harem light novels?!” She laughed, “Ha! I only called you that so you’d get out of bed quicker! You’re such a pervert, You know that!”

“Hey, I’m a man of culture! I’m not degenerate enough to-”

“Yeah yeah whatever” She waved her hand dismissively, “Just get dressed, we’re gonna be late for school,” She said as she walked out of the room.

“Geez that girl” I sighed as I picked myself up, “oh well, she’s cute at least”

“I heard that!!” She shouted like a fierce lioness from down the stairs. 

My body froze like a statue as my face faded with a growing sense of fear. I-It’s probably best not to make her angry. 

----

I cover my mouth in a wide yawn before flipping another page from the light novel in my hand. A cacophony of chatter, growling engines, and honking horns scatter to the air around me.

“Man what a disappointment”, I say with a sigh as I close the book in my hands, “and here I thought I finally found something good! But nope just another cliche isekai with a cliche setup and premise. Hardly any of the girls are cute either. I mean there’s this one tsundere in it but she’s just so horribly done it hurts”

“Honestly I don’t get why you even read that crap” My sister speaks up with a glance in my direction. “If it’s all so terrible why not just stop buying it?”

“Says the girl who secretly reads BL manga and otome visual novels”

I glance down to see a flush of red smear across her face, “Y-You know about that?! B-But I thought I hid the-”

“well? “ I laughed, “I’d hardly call the deepest part of the uppermost kitchen cabinet a ‘good’ hiding spot”

She puffed out her cheeks and scowled at me, “Well it’s a better hiding spot than under the futon...”

My body freezes over once again as a torrent of sweat began to pour down my face. W-Wait she didn’t just say that she…

“Wh-When did…”

“The other day when I went back to take back that manga you ‘borrowed’ from me” She sighed,  “geez Kaito you’re such a perv”

“Well, you weren’t even supposed to see any of what was under there!” My arms swayed from side to side as the whole upper half of my body deflated with a sigh, “please tell me you didn’t read that doujin”

“Oh calm down, I only read the one where-mmpghgg”

Without thinking, my hands immediately go to cover her mouth as dozens of eyes look over in our direction.

I look around and try to curl my lips into the most convincing smile I can muster, “Oh sis don’t talk with your mouth full, that’s very rude”

“I wavshwent tawlkung wilf-”

“Shhh be quiet! You do realize we’re in public, right?” I whispered into her ear, “So don’t say another word, got it!” 

I see her nod as I remove my hands from her mouth. I breathe a sigh of relief as the people around us go back to their business.

“Geez sis, you really gotta learn to keep your mouth shut”

She scowled at me again, “Says you! You’re the one who started it!”

“What?! This whole thing was your fault!”

“Are you some kind of idiot?!” She let out an exasperated sigh, “Whatever, let’s just hurry up and get to school” She said as she began to cross the road.

“Hey wait! The light says not to…” and as I try to call out to her from the corner of my eye, I see a large garbage truck speeding its way towards the very same crosswalk.

My heart momentarily stops as my mind raced on what to do. For a moment, time seemed to stop. Before I could even think, my feet began to move.

“RIN LOOK OUT!!!!” I scream out as loud as I can.

Everything beyond that was a blur. I felt a huge blast of wind as a loud honk exploded into my ears. I felt myself descend to the ground only for my face to land into something round and soft. Slowly, the world begins to come back to me as a symphony of murmurs once again fills my ears. My lips breathe a muffled groan as I peel myself from wherever I landed. I shake my head and open my eyes to see my sister’s flustered face.

I curve my lips into a soft smile, “Are you alright?”

“Y-You damn pervert!!” She shouts before kicking me in the groin as I tumble to the side. After that everything went black.

----

I open my eyes and find myself in a white room seemingly made of clouds. I’m sitting in a small wooden chair and in front of me is a large desk. A blonde girl who looks to be no more than 13 or 14 years of age sits on the other side.

“Finally awake, are we?” The girl says with a smile.

“Yeah, I guess but where am I?”

“Let’s just call it purgatory”

Purgatory? Wait does that mean…

The gears in my head begin to turn as I piece together what was happening.

“WAIT ARE YOU SAYING I DIED?!” I say as I nearly fall out of my chair. “HOW?!”

“M-more or less,” The girl says with a nervous look on her face, “After you almost got hit by that truck you seem to have died from shock after your sister kinda…yeah…”

“You can’t be serious…” I say with a sigh as I deflate into my chair. “Geez Rin, how could you get your brother killed like that”

“Well it happened, nothing you can do about it now, right?”

I breathe another sigh, “I suppose, so what happens now?”

“Well…” She says as she dons some reading glasses and begins flipping through a spiral notebook. “Since it would appear you lived your life as an average shut-in otaku with literally no charisma whatsoever”

I wince as she begins to rattle off how much of a loser I was when I was alive.

“You will be granted the opportunity to be reincarnated in another world”

My ears perk up at the sound of those words, “Wait really? You’re serious?”

The girl nods, “Yep, completely serious”

“WOOHOO!!” I cry out as I leap from my chair, “I always knew my life would turn into an isekai one day and it’s finally happening!!”

“I wonder what’ll happen to me. Will I be reincarnated as an all-powerful slime? Or maybe a fierce adventurer tasked with slaying the demon lord? Maybe I’ll wander dungeons with a bunch of cute girls as a vending machine! Oh, the possibilities are endless!!” I slam my hands on the desk and look at the blonde girl, “So, how does this work?”

“Well first, I’m gonna need to sign this form here” She slides a piece of paper over to me.

“Okay…” I pull out a pen and scribble my signature at the bottom. “Then what?”

“Then I simply pull this lever and whatever happens next is completely up to chance,” She says as she walks over to a large lever mounted on the wall.

“Up to chance? What do you mean…” However, before I could finish, the blonde secretary pulls the level and I immediately begin my rapid descent into the dark void below.

-----

“Where am I?” I groan as I slowly open my eyes.

I take a quick look around at my surroundings. It would appear I’m in some kind of dense forest. I look up and squint as the blinding light of the sun stings my eyes. I wonder what kind of world I ended up in. I look down at my hands only to be frozen in shock at what I see. Claws?! Why do I have claws? And why are they shackled? Wait....

I reach up and feel around the top of my head. And sure enough, I feel what seems to be large ram horns at the side of my head. D-Did I reincarnate as some kind of demon? Is this what she meant by ‘left up to chance’?

“There he is! I found him!”

I turn over to the source of the shout to see a warrior clad in steel armor that shimmered in the sun’s light. A few more soldiers appear from behind him.

“Yeah that’s him alright!” another soldier says.

“Your time has come demon lord!” Another one shouts as he pulls out a sword and lunges at me.

“W-Wait hold on, I’m not...ahhh!” I raise my shackled arms in defense. My eyes crinkle shut as I brace myself for my inevitable doom. Great not five minutes in this new world and I’m already gonna die!

However, a moment passed and all I hear is the clang of metal. 

“Are you alright my lord?” I hear a voice ask.

Slowly, I open my eyes to find that the chains that connected my cuffs have been sliced in half. I lower my hands to see that same soldier bowing before me.

“I apologise if I was rough but if I didn’t strike with full force, I would’ve never have broken your bindings”

“It’s fine…” 

The other soldiers crowd around me.

“Are you alright my lord?” one asks.

“The demons didn’t hurt you too badly, I hope?”

“My lord, I’m so glad you’re alright”

What the hell is going on? What kind of world did I end up in?

Post read notes

Spoiler

I have no idea what the fuck it is I wrote here cause it's just terrible and I kinda hate it. I wrote it in like a day and a half. I really don't what this is or what demon possessed me to make it. Oh well a finished product is better than no product. I tried to go for something stupid and ridiculous here though but I had no idea what the fuck I was doing especially with the ladder half of it. all in all this entry is a fucking mess and I hate it.

Also, @Azure loves his Half Elves and @SoulWeaver what do you guys think of my title?

Edited by Ottservia

11 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

The Time I Heroically Died Saving My Cute Little Sister Only To Be Reincarnated As A Demon Lord In Another World

Original

word count: 1,754

Hide contents

“Big brother! Come on wake up!” I heard my sister’s voice call out to me.

“Just five more minutes! Please!” I groan and pull the covers over my face.

“Big Brother!” she whined, “GET UP!” I hear before a large wooden object slammed against my side. 

My eyes nearly bulged out of their sockets as my body was sent spiraling in a whirlwind of blankets towards the hardwood floor.

“Geez, sis…” I groan as I force my aching body to sit up. I clutch my head and shook the world back into place.  “Was that really necessary?”

My sister let out a cute little huff as she moved the wooden bat over her shoulder. “Well I wouldn’t have to go to such extremes if you just got up when I asked the first time, Kaito” 

“Oh come on what happened to the ‘big brother’ from earlier?” I look up and frown at her.

“What the hell do you take me for?! The cute and innocent little sister from one of your trashy harem light novels?!” She laughed, “Ha! I only called you that so you’d get out of bed quicker! You’re such a pervert, You know that!”

“Hey, I’m a man of culture! I’m not degenerate enough to-”

“Yeah yeah whatever” She waved her hand dismissively, “Just get dressed, we’re gonna be late for school,” She said as she walked out of the room.

“Geez that girl” I sighed as I picked myself up, “oh well, she’s cute at least”

“I heard that!!” She shouted like a fierce lioness from down the stairs. 

My body froze like a statue as my face faded with a growing sense of fear. I-It’s probably best not to make her angry. 

----

I cover my mouth in a wide yawn before flipping another page from the light novel in my hand. A cacophony of chatter, growling engines, and honking horns scatter to the air around me.

“Man what a disappointment”, I say with a sigh as I close the book in my hands, “and here I thought I finally found something good! But nope just another cliche isekai with a cliche setup and premise. Hardly any of the girls are cute either. I mean there’s this one tsundere in it but she’s just so horribly done it hurts”

“Honestly I don’t get why you even read that crap” My sister speaks up with a glance in my direction. “If it’s all so terrible why not just stop buying it?”

“Says the girl who secretly reads BL manga and otome visual novels”

I glance down to see a flush of red smear across her face, “Y-You know about that?! B-But I thought I hid the-”

“well? “ I laughed, “I’d hardly call the deepest part of the uppermost kitchen cabinet a ‘good’ hiding spot”

She puffed out her cheeks and scowled at me, “Well it’s a better hiding spot than under the futon...”

My body freezes over once again as a torrent of sweat began to pour down my face. W-Wait she didn’t just say that she…

“Wh-When did…”

“The other day when I went back to take back that manga you ‘borrowed’ from me” She sighed,  “geez Kaito you’re such a perv”

“Well, you weren’t even supposed to see any of what was under there!” My arms swayed from side to side as the whole upper half of my body deflated with a sigh, “please tell me you didn’t read that doujin”

“Oh calm down, I only read the one where-mmpghgg”

Without thinking, my hands immediately go to cover her mouth as dozens of eyes look over in our direction.

I look around and try to curl my lips into the most convincing smile I can muster, “Oh sis don’t talk with your mouth full, that’s very rude”

“I wavshwent tawlkung wilf-”

“Shhh be quiet! You do realize we’re in public, right?” I whispered into her ear, “So don’t say another word, got it!” 

I see her nod as I remove my hands from her mouth. I breathe a sigh of relief as the people around us go back to their business.

“Geez sis, you really gotta learn to keep your mouth shut”

She scowled at me again, “Says you! You’re the one who started it!”

“What?! This whole thing was your fault!”

“Are you some kind of idiot?!” She let out an exasperated sigh, “Whatever, let’s just hurry up and get to school” She said as she began to cross the road.

“Hey wait! The light says not to…” and as I try to call out to her from the corner of my eye, I see a large garbage truck speeding its way towards the very same crosswalk.

My heart momentarily stops as my mind raced on what to do. For a moment, time seemed to stop. Before I could even think, my feet began to move.

“RIN LOOK OUT!!!!” I scream out as loud as I can.

Everything beyond that was a blur. I felt a huge blast of wind as a loud honk exploded into my ears. I felt myself descend to the ground only for my face to land into something round and soft. Slowly, the world begins to come back to me as a symphony of murmurs once again fills my ears. My lips breathe a muffled groan as I peel myself from wherever I landed. I shake my head and open my eyes to see my sister’s flustered face.

I curve my lips into a soft smile, “Are you alright?”

“Y-You damn pervert!!” She shouts before kicking me in the groin as I tumble to the side. After that everything went black.

----

I open my eyes and find myself in a white room seemingly made of clouds. I’m sitting in a small wooden chair and in front of me is a large desk. A blonde girl who looks to be no more than 13 or 14 years of age sits on the other side.

“Finally awake, are we?” The girl says with a smile.

“Yeah, I guess but where am I?”

“Let’s just call it purgatory”

Purgatory? Wait does that mean…

The gears in my head begin to turn as I piece together what was happening.

“WAIT ARE YOU SAYING I DIED?!” I say as I nearly fall out of my chair. “HOW?!”

“M-more or less,” The girl says with a nervous look on her face, “After you almost got hit by that truck you seem to have died from shock after your sister kinda…yeah…”

“You can’t be serious…” I say with a sigh as I deflate into my chair. “Geez Rin, how could you get your brother killed like that”

“Well it happened, nothing you can do about it now, right?”

I breathe another sigh, “I suppose, so what happens now?”

“Well…” She says as she dons some reading glasses and begins flipping through a spiral notebook. “Since it would appear you lived your life as an average shut-in otaku with literally no charisma whatsoever”

I wince as she begins to rattle off how much of a loser I was when I was alive.

“You will be granted the opportunity to be reincarnated in another world”

My ears perk up at the sound of those words, “Wait really? You’re serious?”

The girl nods, “Yep, completely serious”

“WOOHOO!!” I cry out as I leap from my chair, “I always knew my life would turn into an isekai one day and it’s finally happening!!”

“I wonder what’ll happen to me. Will I be reincarnated as an all-powerful slime? Or maybe a fierce adventurer tasked with slaying the demon lord? Maybe I’ll wander dungeons with a bunch of cute girls as a vending machine! Oh, the possibilities are endless!!” I slam my hands on the desk and look at the blonde girl, “So, how does this work?”

“Well first, I’m gonna need to sign this form here” She slides a piece of paper over to me.

“Okay…” I pull out a pen and scribble my signature at the bottom. “Then what?”

“Then I simply pull this lever and whatever happens next is completely up to chance,” She says as she walks over to a large lever mounted on the wall.

“Up to chance? What do you mean…” However, before I could finish, the blonde secretary pulls the level and I immediately begin my rapid descent into the dark void below.

-----

“Where am I?” I groan as I slowly open my eyes.

I take a quick look around at my surroundings. It would appear I’m in some kind of dense forest. I look up and squint as the blinding light of the sun stings my eyes. I wonder what kind of world I ended up in. I look down at my hands only to be frozen in shock at what I see. Claws?! Why do I have claws? And why are they shackled? Wait....

I reach up and feel around the top of my head. And sure enough, I feel what seems to be large ram horns at the side of my head. D-Did I reincarnate as some kind of demon? Is this what she meant by ‘left up to chance’?

“There he is! I found him!”

I turn over to the source of the shout to see a warrior clad in steel armor that shimmered in the sun’s light. A few more soldiers appear from behind him.

“Yeah that’s him alright!” another soldier says.

“Your time has come demon lord!” Another one shouts as he pulls out a sword and lunges at me.

“W-Wait hold on, I’m not...ahhh!” I raise my shackled arms in defense. My eyes crinkle shut as I brace myself for my inevitable doom. Great not five minutes in this new world and I’m already gonna die!

However, a moment passed and all I hear is the clang of metal. 

“Are you alright my lord?” I hear a voice ask.

Slowly, I open my eyes to find that the chains that connected my cuffs have been sliced in half. I lower my hands to see that same soldier bowing before me.

“I apologise if I was rough but if I didn’t strike with full force, I would’ve never have broken your bindings”

“It’s fine…” 

The other soldiers crowd around me.

“Are you alright my lord?” one asks.

“The demons didn’t hurt you too badly, I hope?”

“My lord, I’m so glad you’re alright”

What the hell is going on? What kind of world did I end up in?

Post read notes

Reveal hidden contents

I have no idea what the fuck it is I wrote here cause it's just terrible and I kinda hate it. I wrote it in like a day and a half. I really don't what this is or what demon possessed me to make it. Oh well a finished product is better than no product. I tried to go for something stupid and ridiculous here though but I had no idea what the fuck I was doing especially with the ladder half of it. all in all this entry is a fucking mess and I hate it.

I can tell that this was rushed, btu I will say that it's still probably the most entertaining entry thus far. Also, the title kind of made it not a surprise at all. Next time, make sure you add all of the commas and stuff. The good news is that the commas were the only things that were consistently missed. Good job!