SF's "Write Your Butt Off" Competition HD II.5 Remix

AnonymousSpeed

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't remember Skyward Sword doing badly. Just a vocal minority saying they hated the controls/Fi.

It sold pretty badly and people said it was unoriginal. (It wasn't?) The only problem I had it that the stab was really hard to actvate and I figured out that stabbing directly sideways was the best was to do it. I still maintain that it had the best dungeon design in the series. 

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

It sold pretty badly and people said it was unoriginal. (It wasn't?) The only problem I had it that the stab was really hard to actvate and I figured out that stabbing directly sideways was the best was to do it. I still maintain that it had the best dungeon design in the series. 

Uh, 7.6 million copies during its lifetime is not bad at all... This is the result I'm getting from Google, anyway.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Uh, 7.6 million copies during its lifetime is not bad at all... This is the result I'm getting from Google, anyway.

My result said 3.67 million copies. OoT was 7.6 million. Skyward sword is currently not in the top 10 most sellign Zelda games. It's still not awful, but Twilight princess got 8.85, which wouldn't be passed until BotW.

Honestly, I still think that the game got punished for being, "Not OoT" despite the fact that IMO it was far, far superior and a bit better than twilight princess.

9 minutes ago, Benice said:

My result said 3.67 million copies. OoT was 7.6 million. Skyward sword is currently not in the top 10 most sellign Zelda games. It's still not awful, but Twilight princess got 8.85, which wouldn't be passed until BotW.

Honestly, I still think that the game got punished for being, "Not OoT" despite the fact that IMO it was far, far superior and a bit better than twilight princess.

Weird. That's not what I got... But either way, it still didn't sell bad.

And no, SS got "punished" for being linear, having motion controls for swordplay, and Fi being too hand-holdy. I do agree with the third point, but I never understood why people hate on a game for being linear. Why is linearity a bad thing? Seriously?

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

And no, SS got "punished" for being linear and Fi being too hand-holdy. I do agree with the latter point, but I never understood why people hate on a game for being linear. Why is linearity a bad thing? Seriously?

I guess t just wasn't the most popular in the series, even if it didn't bomb.

Wasn't it LESS linear than most of the other games, though? Ah well, hopefuly it gets another remake or something soon. And Fi was pretty great, because she made it super easy to make your name something funny. (There's a whole list of names I'd want to be that would work with 'Master' but they probably aren't PG names.)

36 minutes ago, Benice said:

I guess t just wasn't the most popular in the series, even if it didn't bomb.

Wasn't it LESS linear than most of the other games, though? Ah well, hopefuly it gets another remake or something soon. And Fi was pretty great, because she made it super easy to make your name something funny. (There's a whole list of names I'd want to be that would work with 'Master' but they probably aren't PG names.)

I liked Fi for her design and dancing, personally. I hope we get Skyward Sword HD at some point too.

On 3/1/2020 at 8:19 PM, Dragoncat said:

I may do something with the Byleths. Would anyone cut points if I didn't have a plot, and it was just shenanigans?

...I’m sorely tempted to be a douche and say you can’t do it because they have different names in Japan. You should be fine.

I forgot to mention in the Prompt proper you’re also allowed anything with Cordelia and Caeldori, Tharja and Rhajat, and Gaius and Asugi.

On 3/2/2020 at 12:19 PM, Anacybele said:

And no, SS got "punished" for being linear, having motion controls for swordplay, and Fi being too hand-holdy. I do agree with the third point, but I never understood why people hate on a game for being linear. Why is linearity a bad thing? Seriously?

Linearity can be a bad thing if the premise of the franchise is to do things in whatever order you want, hence why Metroid Fusion was kind of hated on for a bit due to having a locked script and order of doing things when most Metroid games were about random exploration and getting lost trying to find where you’re supposed to go - you can find videos of people who play an entire Metroid game(usually Super Metroid) in reverse order, killing the last boss first and working their way back. Fusion doesn’t allow that kind of gameplay freedom, so it was a little less liked until Other M happened at which point all issues any other Metroid game had were instantly forgiven because at least it wasn’t Other M.

Also now I’m curious, who’s everyone’s favorite to play in Hyrule Warriors assuming you’ve played it?

19 hours ago, DarthR0xas said:

Smh y'all sleeping on my boi Spirit Tracks

Haven't played it yet, but I saw a recording of someone playing it and it looks pretty good. I like the art style from the wind waker-age zelda games.

lol

TITLE:  Both Sides of Time
FANDOM: Fire Emblem Three Houses
LENGTH: 1,440 Words

[1180: 20th Great Tree Moon]
Remire Village

“I appreciate your help back there.” Edelgard began, as he knew she would. “Your skill is beyond question. You’re clearly an experienced—”

“No.” Byleth cut her off.

“I’m sorry?”

“That is my answer to the question you were about to ask,” he stated flatly.  “No. I will not consider lending my services to the Empire.  For you see; I hate liars. And you have been untruthful about the reasons why your peers were attacked tonight.”

Claude had a solid laugh at that.

“Untruthful?” Dimitri balked. “Edelgard—what is he talking about?”

“I have no idea what he's talking about.” Edelgard assured. “If there’s been some misunderstanding between us, I would—”

“You conspired with those responsible for the slaughter of your brothers and sisters and the atrocities in Duscar, using their magic and their technology to craft your alter-ego of Flame Emperor.” Byleth approached her calmly, leered over her, and laid the allegation bare. “So calling yourself: you approached the leader of these bandits, instructed them to kill the future leaders of The Kingdom and The Alliance, and advised that they would be traveling alone on this night. Your intentions were to see Claude and Dimitri dead. Do you deny it?”

“You--You’re insane! How DARE you!” Yes; Edelgard did in fact deny it.  Vehemently, and with great indignance.”  

“I will give you one more opportunity to recant your falsehoods, before I tear the from you,” Byleth mused. Not threateningly or menacingly—but in a most calm and matter-of-fact of manners that somehow carried even more menacing weight then a bone-fide threat. “Lie to me and I will know. Who is the Flame Emperor?”

“I know nothing of this so-called Flame Emperor. And I would NEVER—”

Byleth pulsed with divine power, ripped the astral forms of Edelgard and Dimitri and Claude from their bodies, and hurled them across space and time—11 months forthwith to the Holy Tomb of Sothis. Wherein the Edelgard of this time unmasked herself, revealed her intentions, and flat-out confessed:

Yes. In, fact I gave the Order. I am the Flame Emper--” the words caught in her throat at the sight of her own astral form.  “Who are you? Is that—Me!?!?”

Byleth snapped his fingers and the gap in space and time closed, returning the house leaders to their physical forms in Remire Village 11 months prior.

Dimitri and Claude stared accusingly, and finally now Edelgard began to understand the nature of the situation that she found herself in.

“Explain yourself, Hresvelg child.” Byleth demanded.

[1180:  9th Garland Moon]
Garreg Mach Sauna

“So wait—Rhea is Serios. The Children of the Goddess are dragons. Crests are dragon blood. And the Heroes Relics are—dragon bones???” Claude puffed thoughtfully and passed Byleth’s hand-rolled spliff of—calming herbs, as the official designation of the Church of Seiros would have it—to Dimitri.

“Really, Claude? That’s the part that most interests you?” Dimitri accepted the pass, partook of the herb, and passed the spliff to Edelgard. “I would think the underground city beneath House Gonriel would be of greater concern to you.”

“There’s one thing I still don’t understand.” Edelgard accepted the pass, partook of the herb, and passed the spliff back to Claude. “They wanted me to blame Rhea for the Crests, so that I would attack The Church. And they wanted House Blaiddyd indisposed, so that the balance-of-power in Faerghus would lean towards siding with the Empire against the Church. But then—what did they want with Claude?”

“Rude.” Claude partook once more, and passed the spliff back to Dimitri. “Also—yeah. What did they want with me?”

“Consider the following,” Byleth retrieved his spliff, puffed deeply, and added more steam to the sauna. He loosened his towel, reclined back in his seat, and exhaled; allowing the smoke of the herb to marinate in the heat and humidity of the sealed chamber.

Such things allowed for—discussion—of this sort, without offense or aggression.

“Edelgard attacks The Church. The Kingdom is divided between those who support The Church and those who oppose it. With Dimitri on the throne those who support the Church are stronger; without Dimitri the reverse is true. Assume then that The Empire attacks, Dimitri is dead or in prison, and The Kingdom then joins the attackers. Their armies quickly overrun The Central Church and assimilate its holdings. That leaves The Alliance as the sole force of resistance against the combined might of The Empire, The Kingdom, and The Central Church. There is no scenario where The Alliance stands against such a host and goes on to defeat its Agarthan overlords—except one. The scenario where hostilities between The Alliance and Almarya cease, the walls between them come crumbling down, and their populations combine into a single unified force. That’s the scenario where they get wiped out. And that, dear children, is why they are terrified of Claude.”

“But why would they believe that Claude is capable of such a thing?” Dimitri still did not understand.

“Why indeed?” Byleth invited Claude to explain the matter.

“Oh no particular reason.” Claude played it off casually. “I mean, besides the obvious. You know. My roguish charm.  My irresistible whit. My devilish good looks—yes—that must be it.”

“There must be something more to it than that.” Edelgard guessed.

“You criminally underestimate the power of being tall, dark, and handsome.” Claude took the liberty of making his towel just a little bit too loose.  

“There’s something you still aren’t telling us.” Edelgard averted her eyes from Claude. “Also—gross.”

“Just tell them.” Byleth instructed.

“Nothin’ to tell.”  

“Really?” Byleth sighed “You’re going to make me do the thing again?”

“Not gonna lie, Teach.” Claude egged him on. “I’d be sorely disappointed if you didn’t.”

“…Oh for fucks sake…” Byleth pulsed with divine power, ripped the astral forms of Edelgard and Dimitri and Claude from their bodies, and hurled them 5 years across space and time to Fodlan’s Throat.

Whereupon Future Claude greeted the assembled Almayran host as a prince among their people. And there was much rejoicing.

“Hey! HEYYYYYY!!! FUTURE ME!” Claude’s astral form attempted to interact with his future self.  

“….Whoa…”  Future Claude caught sight his Astral Form. “You’re—me!?!?”

“I’m you.” Astral Claude affirmed.

“Prove it.” Future Claude challenged. “Say something only I would know.”

“The night you got that scar on your right arm and said it was a training accident--what really happened was you were with Hilda and tried to do the pull-the-bra-out-through-the-dress move because you thought it would be sexy, and you cut yourself on the hook.”  Astral Claude told the tale.

“Holy shit—you’re me.” Future Claude believed it. “We’re WAY better at that now, by the way.”

“Tell me oh, wise-and-venerable future me.” Astral Claude asked of himself. “Do we stay with Hilda and is that wise, or should I be taking a serious look at the freak-flags Petra’s been throwing my way?”

This is not an appropriate use of my power,” Byleth’s rebuke echoed across the ages.

“On behalf of proud Claude’s everywhere, I will personally kick you in the dick if you pass on Petra.” Future Claude told Astral Claude.

Stop.”

“That good, huh?”

“She’s going to ask you if you like ropes.” Future Claude told Astral Claude. "The answer to that question is always [YES].”

Byleth snapped his fingers and the gap in space and time closed, returning the house leaders to their physical forms in the sauna of Garreg Mach 5 years prior.

“Soooo, yeah. That.” Claude once again took up the spliff. “I’m an Almayran Prince.”

“Did you just make me dig through time because you wanted dating advice?”

“I didn’t make you do anything Teach,” Claude quipped. “You volunteered.”

“Oh—Professor! Do me next! Show me something profound from my future!” Dimitri asked of him.  

“This is divine metaphysics! Not show-and-tell!” Byleth was moderately annoyed now.

“Hey teach. I just remembered. I burnt breakfast this morning,” Claude needled at him more. “Can you turn back time to about 30 seconds before I ruined the buttered toast.”

“I hate all of you.” Byleth grumped.

“Don’t lump me in with those two. I haven’t done anything wrong.” Edelgard declared.

Byleth glared at her, invoked his divine power, and hurled the House Leader’s across space and time to the scene of Edelgard entering her Hegemon form.

“WHAT THE HELL!?” Astral Edelgard shrieked. “WHEN DID I DO THAT!?”

Byleth snapped, and they were all back in the Sauna again.  

Smoke of the herb and steam filled the room in equal measure, and all was right with the world.

Edited by Shoblongoo

So I finally did get my entry done...

Fandom: Fire Emblem Heroes (really the only way this could feasibly happen)

Entry: Shaken

Words: 2,267

Post read notes:

Spoiler

If you haven't read The Crazy Summoner you're probably going to be confused as to why Summoner x Grima and that Grimmy acts more mellow in this fic.  Also Reflet is Reflet, don't call her Robin unless you have a death wish, Al learned that the hard way.

Edited by TheSilentChloey

18 hours ago, Anacybele said:

@Shoblongoo I have to admit, that was the funniest thing I'd read in awhile. LOL I'll give more in depth critique later on when the voting starts. But also, you misspelled Duscur and Almyra.

Lol thanks. This is another one of those 2-for-1’s responsive to this rounds prompt and the last one. Which is to say—this was a fun one.

I don't think I'm gonna be able to get an entry in this time...I'll try to pull a hail Mary, but I'm not too confident about it.

1 minute ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Hey, would anyone mind if I move the deadlines for future rounds back a day? I think that would end up a bit more convenient for me.

Fine by me.

1 hour ago, Shoblongoo said:

Lol thanks. This is another one of those 2-for-1’s responsive to this rounds prompt and the last one. Which is to say—this was a fun one.

Heh, awesome!

And I'm fine with deadlines moving back a day. No problem.

36 minutes ago, Benice said:

Fine by me.

36 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

I take no issue with it

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

And I'm fine with deadlines moving back a day. No problem.

I think I actually used the wrong word, sorry. I think I meant to ask about bringing the deadline forward a day, so entries would be due at midnight on a Saturday (EST) instead of Sunday. I wouldn't cut into the writing time for this round, probably judging instead.

13 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I think I actually used the wrong word, sorry. I think I meant to ask about bringing the deadline forward a day, so entries would be due at midnight on a Saturday (EST) instead of Sunday. I wouldn't cut into the writing time for this round, probably judging instead.

Still works just fine for me.

1 hour ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Yeah, should still be ok. Not being able to turn it in on time is on me.

Oh, that's what I was figuring, actually. I'm still fine with it.

Anyway, time for my entry! 🙂

Title: Peace of Mind Across Time
Fandom: The Legend of Zelda (Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask)
Words: 5910

Warning though: there's some big spoilers about Judo's dad that I've never revealed until this little story. But it was necessary for the plot.

Spoiler

Peace of Mind Across Time

The sun peeked over the horizon one peaceful morning in the land of Mayia. Near the kingdom’s coastline at the southwest was a port town known for fishing and its knowledge of the nearby beaches. Within Chelsatown’s inn, a newlywed couple gradually awoke to the blazing sunbeams piercing their room’s window. The young blonde woman yawned as her hand graced her new husband’s bare, broad chest and her head rested upon his shoulder. The dusty brown-haired man smiled and turn to face his wife.

“Good morning,” the woman greeted lovingly.

“Morning to you too, Kel,” the man replied, his smile growing a little awkward.

“And what’s that goofy smile for this time, Judo?” Kelli wondered with a chuckle.

“Ah, just continuing to let…well, everything sink in,” Judo admitted. “Heh heh… It’s just amazing. We’re married now. I’ve grown more into being a general. And my dad is back! My dad! After all these years. It’s still so hard to believe he was alive!”

“Ah, I see. That’s fair. You hadn’t seen him in over twelve years. And you didn’t know what had happened to him. We all were surprised to find him though.”

“Exactly. I just wish we could have helped Dad sooner… What he went through, that was horrible. I know he said he was actually well fed, but other than that, he was treated like a slave and prisoner… I don’t know how no one figured out what was going on until that last war we had to fight in.”

“Well, I can understand. But we don’t have to think about all that,” Kelli pointed out. “Your dad is home safe and that’s what really matters. And we’re supposed to be relaxing and taking our minds off of war and fighting for a change.”

“Yeah, true,” Judo agreed. “I will always be thankful that he’s with us again. And what I really mean anyway is that it’s incredible how much is going right for me now when it felt like so much was going completely wrong before. It’s taking a bit of getting used to!”

“Heh, I know what you mean. Due to my duty as a Sky Guardian and all, I never really had a chance to just kick back and have some fun until recently.”

“I bet! You know what though, Kel? The most amazing thing in my life right now… It’s you and always has been. When we were kids, and now.”

Kelli’s smile grew twice as wide upon hearing these words as Judo’s brown eyes gazed into her own bright teal orbs.

“Oh, Judo… You really mean that?” she said.

“Totally,” Judo replied with a loving smile. “My family may be complete again with my dad’s return, but you’re more important to me than anything in the world. Nothing’s made me happier.”

“Oh… Judo, you’ve made me happier than anything else too!” Kelli added. “I couldn’t ever love another man so much. You are my amazing husband.”

“Heh. Very happy to hear it, my love. My new incredible wife...”

Kelli then slid atop Judo’s torso and pressed her lips against his, her hands moving to his shoulders and her bare breasts creeping upon his chest. He wasn’t the only one lacking a shirt at the moment. Judo’s muscled arms wrapped around her waist as he stroked her back. Their blanket remained over much of the lower halves of their bodies despite that they stopped paying much attention to that. For the next few moments, they were lost in their affection, disregarding everything else.

Suddenly, a feminine voice spoke up, causing them both to pull apart.

“Kelli, Judo,” she said.

“EEEEP!” Kelli shrieked, almost loud enough to sting Judo’s ears as she ground her chest against him.

“Wha--?!” Judo gasped. Both of them were now red as tomatoes. And as they were startled, they’d twitched enough to cause the blanket to slip a little, revealing bits of Kelli’s behind.

“It is I, the Fairy of Winds,” the female voice spoke again.

“…Huh? Oh, hello,” Kelli replied.

She’s seriously doing this NOW?! she opined in her mind.

“Well, this just became awkward…” Judo muttered.

“Shush!” Kelli ordered quietly and then responded to the Fairy of Winds again. “Uh…you can’t see us right now…can you?”

“Er…no,” the Fairy of Winds replied. “I am just outside of town right now so we don’t draw unwanted attention to ourselves and that’s why I’m contacting you telepathically. Why exactly do you ask?”

“Oh, uh, no important reason!” Kelli said. “Don’t worry about it. What’s going on?”

“Yeah, is something happening at home?” Judo wondered. “Link and Ryo are fighting, aren’t they? I was afraid of this… Ryo has a temper on him and Link’s too impulsive and easily provoked.”

“No, don’t worry,” the Fairy of Winds assured. “Everything is fine in Hyrule. I come to report that Erra, the goddess of time, wishes to send you both on a mission. She is the goddess whose power also resides within the sacred melody known as the Song of Time.”

“Oh, I’ve heard of her once,” Kelli replied. “But why is she asking this of us now? We just got married and started our honeymoon! We planned to hit the beach today.”

“Yeah, we wanted to relax and forget about that stuff for a while,” Judo added.

“I understand the timing is odd,” the Fairy of Winds said.

You don’t know the half of it, Judo commented in his head, since he and Kelli were still in an awkward position.

“But Erra feels that it is best that you two complete this mission sooner rather than later at this point,” the Fairy of Winds continued. “You’ll need to dress in your battle gear, although you should not have to actually engage in any combat.”

“Huh? Then why should we dress as if we were?” Kelli wondered.

“You’ll understand in due time. For now, get ready and meet me outside of town at the west entrance. I will give you further instructions then.”

“Well, alright, if it’s that important.”

Judo also agreed and the two then left the bed to begin dressing. Thankfully, they had brought their battle gear with them just in case they did happen to run into danger for whatever reason. They also were very glad that the Fairy of Winds had the sense to contact them telepathically this time instead of literally catching them in bed while they were unclothed. They didn’t want to imagine what would’ve happened otherwise. The Fairy of Winds had helped guide them, Link, and Hyrule’s Princess Zelda through two long adventures in Hyrule and Mayia and was a valuable ally. Judo and Kelli just hoped that whatever this mission was supposed to be, it really wouldn’t be putting them in danger or ruin their chances of having a good honeymoon vacation.

“That was kind of embarrassing…” Kelli opined as she and Judo put their usual battle tunics on. “She’s lucky she decided to use telepathy this time! WE WERE IN BED WITH NO CLOTHES ON!”

“Yeah…” Judo agreed. “That wouldn’t have been pretty. She would’ve had the wind knocked out of her! Ha ha ha!”

“Judo! Seriously!”

“Aw come on, Kel. That was a good one, right?”

“Normally, I would find that funny,” Kelli admitted. “But you don’t think her catching us for real would’ve been completely humiliating?”

“Oh, of course I think so. I wouldn’t want anybody finding us like that. I just thought I’d try cracking a joke to make you feel better, like I always do!”

“Heh, that is one of the things that makes you so amazing,” Kelli commented with a smile. “It seems that you just don’t let things like this bother you much either. I wish I could be a little more like that. Link would say I let stuff get to me too much.”

“I guess that is true. Not letting things bother me much, that is. But don’t worry, I think Link is just full of it sometimes.”

“Haha, I guess I can agree with that too!”

It took Judo a little longer since he had a full suit of armor to put on as well as his tunic and cape, but once the two were fully ready, they grabbed their weaponry and went outside to their horses. They’d ridden both to Mayia from Hyrule because they decided they’d feel bad if only one was taken and the other left behind. Stormfrost and Sunfire, a silvery blue stallion and palomino mare respectively, were in a designated hitching post area at the inn. Judo saddled up Stormfrost while Kelli did so with Sunfire and the two mounted their steeds. It only took minutes to ride through town to the western exit where the Fairy of Winds said she waited.

As she’d stated, the Fairy of Winds was indeed waiting right outside of Chelsatown, her glowing pink body and wings illuminating in the sunlight. Judo and Kelli brought their horses to a trot and then a halt as they approached her.

“Ah, you made it in good time,” the Fairy of Winds greeted. “I’m glad. And I apologize for having to interrupt your special occasion.”

“Well, if this is important, it’s important,” Kelli replied. “And as long as we’re not going to fight anything or get into dangerous situations, it’s fine.”

“Yeah, we can’t be risking our vacation time,” Judo pointed out.

“I understand. And as I said, you should not have to go anywhere dangerous. This will be a short mission,” the Fairy of Winds explained. “We fairies can hear the gods as well, just as the Hylians can. However, we bear an even closer connection than you do, and that is why Erra came to me first. It was simpler that way.”

“I see,” Judo commented.

“So what will we be doing?” Kelli wondered.

“Erra herself will transport you to the proper location,” the Fairy of Winds said. “All I can tell you is that you must seek out Judo’s parents and speak with them.”

“My…parents?” Judo replied confusedly.

“Yes. Also, take this.”

The Fairy of Winds then handed Judo a small round charm that depicted a design like that on the Door of Time within Hyrule’s Temple of Time.

“This is a Charm of Time. The goddess is bestowing it upon you for this mission,” she continued. “Once you have completed your task, you will be returned here. All you have to do is say the goddess’s name and that you are ready.”

“But how will we know when we’ve finished?” Kelli said.

“The Charm of Time will glow to let you know. Also, it will vanish when you return here. It can only be used once.”

“We understand. Alright, let’s go.”

“Good.”

The Fairy of Winds then closed her eyes and brought her hands together.

“Erra, goddess of time, the two you seek are ready and willing. We ask that they be transported now.”

With that, the trio became silent. Within moments, a bright light enveloped Judo, Kelli, and their steeds. Everything went white before them too, and they had to close their eyes to prevent it from blinding them.

When the light finally faded, Judo and Kelli slowly opened their eyes to see where Erra had transported them. From what they could see at first, they hadn’t really gone far. They and their horses were facing the main entrance to Mayia Town, which sat before Mayia’s grand castle. However, they soon realized that something was very different.

Some of the town walls were damaged and being repaired by many crew members. Past the open gate, several buildings were being worked on as well. Wagons full of supplies were being transported in and out of the town. In the distance behind them and near the town walls, Judo and Kelli could spy a fallen tree here and there as well.

It also seemed that Erra either put the couple in a spot where no one would see them suddenly shimmer into existence, or everyone was just too busy to notice.

“Judo…” Kelli began. “This is Mayia Town, but…”

“It’s nearly been turned into ruins!” Judo finished. “What…what in the name of the goddesses happened here?”

“I don’t know…. This is so weird. Thankfully, no one seems to have noticed that we’ve just appeared out of nowhere.”

“Yeah. But this is more than weird,” Judo continued. “The Fairy of Winds said we have to find my parents, but neither of them has lived here since before they got married!”

“What?!” Kelli gasped. “Did Erra send us back in time or something?”

“I’m not sure. But if that’s the case, we have a lot of traveling to do. Only my dad lived here since he used to be a Mayian knight. He met my mother in Hyrule and chose to stay there with her, remember?”

“Oh yeah… That came up when we were talking together during our wedding reception. Well, I guess we have to go in and see if we can find your dad first.”

“Indeed. Let’s make this quick.”

“Right.”

With that, the two spurred the horses into a trot and entered Mayia Town. As they figured, they passed by even more buildings that were under renovation or reconstruction. Many people and construction crews were rushing back and forth, bringing food or building material to the required locations. Merchant stands were restocking what they could, even if it wasn’t much, and carpenters constantly stacked and hammered wood and also used what stone they could keep gathering.

“Man… Something big happened here, that’s for sure,” Judo commented. “Though whatever it was, it’s over now, since everyone is rebuilding, more or less.”

“Yeah,” Kelli agreed. “It’s good that the kingdom made it through this apparent conflict.”

“We need to find someone who might know where my dad is though. At least some of the knights likely do, and if there’s this much reconstruction going on, some of them have to be overseeing it.”

“Yeah, and we’ll learn what exactly has been going on here.”

They then peered around for any Mayian knights that were patrolling or just wandering around. Thankfully, it didn’t take long to spy one just another street away. It was easy to recognize knights since they typically rode on horseback and had more elaborate armor than infantry soldiers, just as Judo and the Hyrulean knights did. Judo was one of few that fought on foot just about as often as he did on horseback.

Judo and Kelli approached the knight without hesitation, hoping he could provide them with the information they needed.

“Excuse me, sir,” Judo spoke up. “Do you by any chance know where a man named Sir Radomir lives? We think he is somewhere in this town.”

“Ah, the former knight? We don’t need to refer to him as Sir anymore since he resigned years ago,” the Mayian knight replied. “But yes, he does live a few streets from here, with his wife.”

Judo blinked upon hearing these words as the knight pointed them in the direction they had to go. His mother was here too? How was that possible? Kelli also gaped in astonishment when she heard this.

“Er…something wrong?” The knight wondered.

“…Oh, no, thank you. I…uh, just didn’t know he was married. Yeah,” Judo said, then mentally kicked himself for having to lie.

“I see… Well, follow me and I’ll show you the house. It’s not far,” the knight offered. Judo and Kelli thanked him again and the trio were on their way.

“Also… Is that Hyrulean armor? You must be a high-ranking knight there,” the Mayian knight continued. “Though no one’s mentioned a guy that looks like you being among them. Did you get promoted recently?”

“Ah…yeah, I did,” Judo replied.

Well, that wasn’t entirely false, at least. It really hadn’t been all that long since he became a general.

“Well, thanks for helping us,” Kelli said.

“Oh, no problem!” the knight said.

Judo then turned to Kelli and lowered his voice almost to a whisper.

“Kel, this makes absolutely no sense!” he said. “My mother has never lived in Mayia period, let alone its biggest town!”

“Yeah… I hate to think this at all, but…could your dad have married a different woman in this time for some reason?” Kelli wondered, also in close to a whisper.

“Oh, I sure as hell hope not!”

“Me too. Believe me.”

Minutes later, the Mayian knight brought his horse to a halt. He then pointed to a brown brick house with a blue roof.

“Well, here it is,” he said. “Radomir and his wife live here. But go easy on them. They may not be up for much talking. What they’ve been through is quite tragic, I’ve heard.”

“I…see,” Judo commented. “Well, thank you again, sir.”

“Of course!”

With that, the knight departed to return to his previous post. Kelli soon broke a short silence that had ensued.

“What could he have meant by your parents going through tragedy?” she wondered.

“Not sure. Obviously we know my dad went through what he did, but that knight made it sound like there was more than that,” Judo replied. “We’ll just have to talk to my parents about it.”

Kelli agreed and the two dismounted their horses. They then approached the door, with Judo getting ready to knock. He could feel his hand tremble slightly as he wondered what exactly he was going to say at first. He had so many questions, and surely Kelli did as well. Unfortunately, he didn’t get much time to ponder this, as just before he could actually knock, an angry female voice that sounded oddly familiar rang out behind them.

“HEY! Who are you and what are you doing here?!” the woman demanded.

Judo and Kelli whirled to see a woman who bore a shocking resemblance to Kelli herself, except for a few differences. Her bluish green tunic was a little tattered and her blonde hair was tied back into a ponytail at her neck. She wasn’t wearing Kelli’s signature black headband either. And over her left eye was a purple eye patch. Hints of a few scars protruded from the patch. Her arms also bore more scars than Kelli’s did. Kelli’s eyes widened even more, however, when she saw the sword at the woman’s back. It looked exactly like a previous form of her own weapon, the Sun Sword. Soon enough, the woman picked up on this as well.

“Wait…your sword,” she said, noting Kelli’s blade. “Why does it look like mine but upgraded?! Where did you get that?!”

“Wha…” Kelli began. “You… You’re…”

“Kelli…” Judo said, gaping in shock himself. “She’s…you!”

“What?!” the other Kelli gasped, though she still had anger in her tone. She then darted around to Kelli’s back side.

“You have the shield too!” the angry Kelli realized. “How is this possible?! …You must be an IMPOSTER!”

“Wait, what?!” Kelli gasped. “No, I’m not an imposter! I think we really are the same person!”

“Oh yeah?! Like there can really be two of me! And you bring a strange man I’ve never seen before who looks to be posing as a Hyrulean knight on top of that!”

“Now hold on,” Judo intervened. “You’re jumping to conclusions here. I really am a Hyrulean knight! I’m their commander!”

“HA! Now I know you’re lying, you criminals!” Angry Kelli retorted, drawing her Sun Sword. “I know who that Hyrulean general is and he is not you! I will not let you attack Radomir and Lori!”

“Whoa! WAIT!” Judo pleaded, though he had no choice but to draw his own blade, Orion, to meet Angry Kelli’s attack. Although, at least now he knew his father hadn’t married someone else. Lori was indeed his mother.

“Hey, stop it!” Kelli insisted. “Other me! Kelli! We’re not lying, I promise you!”

“Calm down, please!” Judo ordered as he repeatedly met swift sword strikes. “I don’t want to hurt you!”

“Well I’m sure going to hurt YOU!” Angry Kelli snapped back, not bothering with Judo’s pleas at all.

“Why will you not listen?!” Kelli demanded and grabbed Angry Kelli’s arms.

“Let me go, you fake!” Angry Kelli shouted as she struggled to get out of her counterpart’s grip.

Suddenly, the front door of the house opened to reveal Radomir and Lori themselves. The former was about the same height as Judo. He had clearly graying brown hair while his wife’s fairly short dusty brown mane was slightly unruly. Her auburn eyes looked as though they’d seen a lot of sadness in recent days.

“What in Mayia is going on out--?” Radomir spoke up, but cut himself off when he saw the two Kellis. “What the…”

“Who… Who are you?” Lori inquired, though her voice was slightly shaky.

“We can explain,” Judo spoke up. “We’re here to see you.”

“What? Why? What is going on here?!” Radomir demanded. “These two girls look nearly exactly alike! And who the hell are you supposed to be?”

“…Huh? You don’t recognize me?” Judo inquired, a lump forming in his throat.

“No,” Lori replied. “We’ve never seen you before in our lives.”

“…How…” Judo wondered, now more confused than ever. “But… Mom, Dad… It’s me. Judo!”

At this, his parents fell completely silent, their eyes widening so much that their eyeballs seemed to nearly pop out of their sockets. Lori then began trembling even more than she already was.

“Wha…” Radomir uttered.

“No… NO… You…you can’t be!” Lori retorted, her voice very shaky. “It’s not possible…. IT’S IMPOSSIBLE!”

“That’s what I was trying to tell them!” Angry Kelli added. “They’re imposters who’ve come to hurt you!”

“That is not true at all!” Judo countered. “I swear I’m not lying!”

“And I am Kelli, and this other Kelli is me too,” Kelli added. “I’m starting to understand this now.”

“Then you both will have to offer some seriously convincing proof!” Radomir said, having taken his wife into his arms to comfort her. “Your claim is very, very hard to believe right now.”

“But why?” Judo wondered. “You can see the resemblance, right? Mom always said I looked like you, but with her hair color.”

“I admit you do bear some resemblance to us. But that doesn’t mean much when plenty of unrelated people can share characteristics. And I don’t appreciate someone trying to pass themselves off as my son!”

“I’m not doing that though! Please, why is it so impossible that I’m your son?!”

“Yeah, why can’t you believe that we’re telling the truth?” Kelli added.

“Because…” Lori began as tears began to build up in her eyes. “Because he’s dead! Our son died seven years ago! THAT’S WHY!”

At this, Judo’s eyes nearly popped from his own skull, and he found Orion almost slipping out of his hand. Kelli’s reaction was similar, and her grip on Angry Kelli loosened. Lori began to weep, and bury herself in her husband’s chest.

“My baby…” she uttered through her tears. “My baby…!”

“And you have a lot of nerve putting us through this!” Radomir snapped. “My wife’s been traumatized ever since it happened and I constantly beat myself up for not being there because I was a kidnapped prisoner at the time! You can’t be Judo because he’s not even alive!”

At this, neither Judo nor Kelli could say anything for a few moments. Suddenly, everything was making more sense. Judo brought a hand to his head as he realized what this new revelation meant.

“Oh goddesses…” he uttered.

“I was too young and too far away to do anything…” Angry Kelli muttered, clenching her fists. “I wasn’t there, but the attack was so horrible! And then that hero that apparently showed up some years later… He hasn’t been seen since! Disappeared, just like that!”

“Ah… I see,” Kelli said and then gestured to her husband. “And I can imagine. But, uh, may we have a minute though?”

“Er, sure, I guess,” Radomir obliged.

Judo and Kelli then turned away from the trio and lowered their voices to near whispers again.

“Judo! I can’t believe all this…” Kelli began. “Do you realize what’s happening?!”

“Yeah,” Judo replied. “I am dead in this world! I’m freaking DEAD! We’ve been sent to another timeline! This is driving me crazy now!”

“Well, yeah, besides that! Do you realize why you’re dead? The attack that they’re talking about?”

“That? Wait, you mean… Oh, damn.”

“Exactly. We’re not in just any timeline! This is the one Link was originally in before Zelda sent him back in time and created ours! The one where Ganondorf had taken over Hyrule Castle! You must’ve died in that massacre.”

“I agree, there’s no other possibility. At that time, I had recently arrived at the castle to become a squire. And in our timeline, Link and Zelda had given Daphnes a heads up before Ganondorf could carry out his plan and all who would’ve perished survived.”

“And then as the seven years Link was sealed in the Sacred Realm in this timeline passed, Ganondorf’s power and monster army grew, and they eventually spread here to Mayia.”

“That must’ve been the case. There’s so much damage being repaired. Should we tell them about Link though? I’m not sure it’d be a good idea.”

“Right, let’s keep that part to ourselves. It’d probably just confuse them. We have to explain everything else though.”

“Yeah, agreed. I think I know what our mission is now too.”

“So do I.”

The two then returned their attention to Judo’s parents and Angry Kelli, the latter of which had folded her arms in impatience.

“Sorry about that,” Judo spoke up. “I realize now that you’re right, I’m technically not your son… In this world.”

“Huh? What do you mean this time?” Radomir wondered.

“Believe us, we’re so sorry about what happened to you,” Kelli said. “But we can explain why we’re here and why this Kelli and I are the same person.”

“Yeah,” Judo added. “You both deserved so much better than what life’s given you. I'm not the Judo you knew, and I can’t bring the Judo of this world back, but… I think I can prove that in another time, I am him, as a surviving and thriving adult.”

“Oh?” Lori uttered, sniffling. “You know… Now that I look at you more… And hear your voice… You do feel like my baby.”

“Yes!” Judo said with a smile. “And I also have this.”

Judo then took from underneath his chest plate a silver charm in the shape of a sword. It was attached to an equally silvery chain around his neck.

“Dad, do you recognize this?” he inquired.

“…That…!” Radomir said. “That charm! I…I do know it!”

“You gave it to me when I was little, not long before you disappeared. I’ve treasured it since.”

“No way!” Angry Kelli retorted, her tone getting hostile again. “You could’ve just robbed Judo’s grave! He was buried with that necklace!”

“No, Kel,” Radomir countered. “That scenario would be possible, except for one thing. The charm Judo was buried with was cracked due to Ganondorf’s attack. The one this man is wearing? It’s practically good as new. No cracks at all. And it’s the only charm of its kind. I only had one made.”

“Wha…”

“Oh my…” Lori uttered, her hands rising to her cheeks. “Then you… You really are…”

“I am, Mom,” Judo said, his smile growing.

“Oh… Oh…! MY BABYYY!” Lori suddenly cried, and burst into more tears, though they seemed to be a mixture of joyful tears this time as well as sad. She quickly buried herself into Judo’s chest plate. Judo happily returned her hug, knowing that this poor version of his mother deserved all the hugs and comfort she could get.

“You actually are who you say you are…” Radomir added. “Oh my goddesses…”

“Yes,” Kelli replied. “I’m so sorry we caused you trouble at first though. I can see why you didn’t believe us.”

“I understand. But how…how exactly did you get to this world and why?”

“It’s a bit of a crazy story,” Judo replied. “To start, in our timeline, Ganondorf’s attack on Hyrule Castle was prevented from ever happening, and as a result, all of us that would’ve died in it are alive now.”

“…Whoa,” Angry Kelli said.

“And the goddess of time herself transported us here a little while ago. She wanted us to talk with you,” Kelli added. “And other me, I think she wanted you to listen too.”

“I…see,” Angry Kelli replied. “I’m sorry for my behavior earlier. I’ve been living here and protecting Rad and Lori almost since our Judo’s death and I thought they were in danger.”

“I can understand,” Judo commented. “You were just trying to do the right thing.”

“Yeah, and if you’re here now, this must mean…” Kelli began.

“I never returned to Hyrule after the last time I saw my Judo,” Angry Kelli confirmed. “I was going to, but I found Lori before I could, and she told me what had happened. I was so devastated. We broke down crying together. We later found Rad as we were trying to escape the monsters that were beginning to show up here. I fought alongside the Mayian soldiers and since we had to fight for a few years before the monsters disappeared…yeah. These scars all over me are what I have to show from it. My left eye is so ugly now even though I can still see with it a little.”

“I sold my house in Kakariko Village,” Lori added. “I couldn’t bear to be there all alone, with my baby gone, my husband who knows where, and that horrible Ganondorf letting his monsters run free… I had to go to Mayia to protect myself and maybe find Rad. I was so relieved when Kelli and I did…”

“Ironically, the monsters were the reason I escaped my imprisonment,” Radomir revealed. “When they attacked the place I was being held in, it gave me an opportunity and I took it. To this day, I’m still not sure where I was or how I found my way to Mayia.”

“Damn…” Judo commented, raising an eyebrow. “A Mayian knight had told us that you’d been through a lot. And he wasn't kidding.”

“Yeah… I’m so sorry to hear all of this,” Kelli said.

“Indeed,” Radomir replied.

“Well, I know exactly what my Kelli and I were sent here for,” Judo continued. “We’re supposed to show you what became of us in a time where things turned out a little better. To give you both some comfort and perhaps closure. I’m alive, and I’m a Hyrulean knight.”

“I can see!” Radomir commented, noting his other worldly son’s armor.

“Yeah, and not only that, Judo is the commander too!” Kelli proudly proclaimed.

“It’s true,” Judo confirmed with a smile. “Also, Kelli here is my wife. We just got married and were starting our honeymoon when we were called on this little mission.”

“Oh…! That is… That is all so wonderful!” Lori cried, her mouth curving into what was probably the first genuine big smile she’d had in years.

“Wow, yes! Congratulations to you both!” Radomir added, patting Judo’s shoulder.

“That is…amazing,” Angry Kelli said. “Even though it also pains me to know what I could’ve had… I am happy that in another time, I am still spending my life with that boy I loved so much.”

“And I’m sure now,” Kelli said, taking her other self’s hands. “Things can look up more for you too! Just believe. And think positive.”

“Yeah… Yeah, you’re right! Thanks, other me!”

“Hey, Judo and other Kelli…” Lori said. “This might be kind of an awkward question, but… Do you think…you two could kiss for me? See…as I watched my Judo and Kelli play together when they were kids, I always thought that…they were made for each other.”

“Heh,” Judo replied. “My mother in my world said the same thing. I can totally understand. But sure! My Kel and I can do that! Right, Kel?”

“Definitely!” Kelli happily obliged and threw her arms around her husband’s neck. She then pressed her lips against Judo’s almost before he was ready for it. He soon wrapped his arms around her waist anyway, passionately returning the gesture.

“Ohhh!” Lori squealed. “Thank you! Thank you! You two are so wonderful together.”

Radomir easily agreed, and Angry Kelli actually felt her cheeks going slightly pink as a small smile formed on her features.

“Aw, thanks so much,” Kelli commented when she and Judo parted. “Judo’s parents in our timeline love us too.”

“Oh, so I was found in your world as well?” Radomir realized.

“Yeah,” Judo gladly confirmed. “I’m still getting used to the idea that you were alive all that time.”

“I bet! Hey, I’m guessing you two will want to depart and return to your honeymoon real soon,” Radomir continued. “But one last little favor before you go, Judo?”

“Sure, what?”

“Well, my wife told me a while back that after I’d disappeared, you started telling a lot of jokes and turning into one heck of a little comedian. I hated that I could never see it… But since you’re here, can you…tell me a joke?”

“Ah, I could never say no to that!” Judo agreed and comically bowed.

“Heh, just don’t get started on a whole comedy act here, dear, we do have to get going in a bit,” Kelli advised.

“Yes, I know,” Judo replied. “Now here’s one of my personal favorites. A knight and soldier go into a bar one evening and the soldier buys them drinks. Another soldier comes in later and recognizes them. He asks, “what are you two doing here?” The soldier replies “Having a good knight out, of course!”

Radomir burst into laughter with Lori following suite.

“Ahahaha! That was amazing!” he commented. “You really are the funniest guy around, huh?”

“I certainly think so!” Kelli said, lovingly clutching her husband’s arm.

“He always was,” Angry Kelli agreed. “Nobody told better jokes.”

“Heh, I do try!” Judo admitted, taking another comical bow.

“And I think you succeed!” Lori said. “Thank you both so much for coming. I can’t believe how much better I feel now. I’m always going to miss my son, but… I can rest easier knowing he’s become this incredible, wonderful man in another world. And that he picked the perfect wife.”

“Same here,” Radomir seconded. “I can also rest a little easier now that my wife can do so.”

“Aw…” Judo said bashfully. “I’m really glad I could help.”

“Me too,” Kelli added.

Judo then discovered a bright glow erupting from his satchel. He pulled out the Charm of Time to see that indeed, they had completed the requested mission.

“Well, this is our cue, I’m afraid,” Judo said. “This little trinket is supposed to take us home.”

“I understand,” Lori said. “Be safe, you two. Take care of and protect each other. And thank you so much, again.”

“Yes, and here’s to a long and happy marriage for you two,” Radomir added.

“I bet we’d like grandchildren!” Lori put in with a smile.

“Ah, heh, maybe!” Judo said. “Thanks though!”

“Yes, thanks!” Kelli said.

With that, they all joined in a farewell group hug, Angry Kelli included, despite her mixed feelings. A few more joyful tears were shared as well. Judo and Kelli could definitely say that this was one honeymoon they would never forget.

Post-Read Notes:

Spoiler

- The Fairy of Winds and Erra are actually technically canon characters. This is the same Fairy of Winds whose spirit resides in the Gale Boomerang in Zelda: Twilight Princess. This is just her before her spirit was put in there. Erra in name is not canon, but the goddess of time was mentioned at least once in Majora's Mask. I simply came up with a name for her since she went unnamed in the game. It comes from the word era, a type of time period. An extra R just makes it look more like a name to me.
- Yeah, Judo and Kelli had a...uh...night of passion before the start of this story. Hope I didn't expose too much here. lol They ARE on the honeymoon though!
- Whether or not this was their first time though, or if they'd done it before marriage, well, I'll leave that up to imagination. 😛
- Mayia is bigger than Hyrule, btw.

Edited by Anacybele