SF's "Write Your Butt Off" Competition HD II.5 Remix

AnonymousSpeed

7 hours ago, DarthR0xas said:

Rainbow, a rainbow colored orb

...In hindsight, I have no one to blame but myself.

Looks like Blue it is. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to frantically dig through the HeroDex before falling asleep.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So here’s a somewhat random question. What would you guys say is my strength as a writer? Also my weaknesses? I’m just curious 

Welp, so my idea ended up splitting into three separate options, so this may take a little longer than I thought. On the bright side, this may be the first relatively interactive piece for the contest, so that's cool.

doublepost it I don't give a crap

Blue:

Spoiler

Green:

Spoiler

Red:

Spoiler

Notes:

Spoiler

So this happened. I imagine DeviantArt is going to like these for all the wrong reasons. Also if anyone has a better name idea for the Units I am absolutely down, my current names are lazy as heck. If only one option can be used as my official entry, then it's Blue since that was the one you all voted for.

Also how the frick did I end up with the first entry this round?

Edited by SoulWeaver

43 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

So this happened. I imagine DeviantArt is going to like these for all the wrong reasons.

I'm sure it will. I'm almost inspired, though. Still not sure what I'll do this round.

Here are my name suggestions:

• Fjorcina
  • Lufjorma
  • Abomination

-insert Polymerization noises-

Literally supernatural prose.

"Check her weapon first, Svölskögul. Looks like it does...DC and...Breath to all stats?! That's obscene Enemy Phase power for just a weapon!"

smh description probably isn't even a paragraph long

2 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

smh description probably isn't even a paragraph long

Literally I just took Geirskogul's Refine description, inverted it so instead of granting all stats +3 and +1 to cooldown charge per attack to all allies within 2 spaces it now grants that to her if an ally is within 2 spaces, and switched effective against dragons to counter from a distance, so probably not. Main thing to keep in mind with me is I generally don't like to break a game if I do something for it, so I decided to keep it fairly basic.

Literally supernatural prose.

Specifically the sound effect that plays for fusion summoning in Yu-Gi-Oh! World Championships 2008 on the Nintendo DS, I don't know if any other YGO video games use a different sound effect. I don't know why but I love the sound.

Abomination

...I mean, I could have used Donnel instead, and you haven't even got to the other two.

In the meantime, the Green version is done, so that's a thing.

Edited by SoulWeaver

1 hour ago, SoulWeaver said:

Literally I just took Geirskogul's Refine description, inverted it so instead of granting all stats +3 and +1 to cooldown charge per attack to all allies within 2 spaces it now grants that to her if an ally is within 2 spaces, and switched effective against dragons to counter from a distance, so probably not.

...yeah, whatever happened to just, like..."Effective against Armored" ?

1 hour ago, SoulWeaver said:

...I mean, I could have used Donnel instead, and we haven't even got to the other two.

You could also fuse Karel with his niece.

3 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

...yeah, whatever happened to just, like..."Effective against Armored" ?

You could also fuse Karel with his niece.

Heck if I know, I miss the old days when a Unit was good if they had a Brave Weapon, end of story.

That's precisely why I'm afraid of putting these on DA.

Oh wow...this was longer than intended, but hey, Grimmy gives a wealth of inspiration, so meh.  Also one F bomb, because I'm a very grouchy summoner when it comes to Loki shenanigans (why does she exist out side of fan service?) also it was fun to do, for once.  No, no memes, at least I don't think there are.

Title: Why did I ever think it was a Good Idea to Do This?

Word Count: 1, 619 1,630 (opps, I added some more)

Fandom: Fire Emblem Heroes

Post read notes:

Spoiler

Yeah, this is purely indulgent headcanon about how summoning works and that heroes can be present when others are summoned, also pure headcaonon on the "Fallen" heroes, and Líf counts 😛 because I will count him as the fallen Alfonse alt.  So yeah...

Edited by TheSilentChloey

7 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Pegasus or Wyvern?

Pegasus! Shanna>Miledy, ergo, Pegasus>Wyvern

4 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Oh wow...this was longer than intended, but hey, Grimmy gives a wealth of inspiration, so meh.  Also one F bomb, because I'm a very grouchy summoner when it comes to Loki shenanigans (why does she exist out side of fan service?) also it was fun to do, for once.  No, no memes, at least I don't think there are.

Title: Why did I ever think it was a Good Idea to Do This?

Word Count: 1, 619 1,630 (opps, I added some more)

Fandom: Fire Emblem Heroes

Post read notes:

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah, this is purely indulgent headcanon about how summoning works and that heroes can be present when others are summoned, also pure headcaonon on the "Fallen" heroes, and Líf counts 😛 because I will count him as the fallen Alfonse alt.  So yeah...

I have not read yet, but I was actually going to make my story surrounding Grima, too. Instead of the D&D stuff I planned on doing.

I say “was” and not “am” because I want to put my focus on making a homebrew D&D world. So that’s simply another avenue I can eventually improve my writing and storytelling.

26 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I can't believe it. I'm proud of you.

Couldn't very well have gone my entire life without doing that at least once. I wanted to use We Are Number One instead because I discovered an obscene number of amazing covers tonight, but it wouldn't be the same, maybe some other time. Real thing should be up now.

On 5/11/2020 at 9:48 PM, SoulWeaver said:

virginity

Yeah maybe if the fusion designs didn't look like vomit.

On a scale of one to Freud, how much subconscious is in these stories, and should they be counted as a single entry?

1 minute ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

On a scale of one to Freud, how much subconscious is in these stories, and should they be counted as a single entry?

I'd say one or two as Green/Blue were very similar, but red did stand out in a very good way.

I apologize for not getting an entry in this round; I theoretically might complete it, but it's about as likely as an FE6 remake being announced this week.

14 minutes ago, Benice said:

I'd say one or two as Green/Blue were very similar, but red did stand out in a very good way.

I apologize for not getting an entry in this round; I theoretically might complete it, but it's about as likely as an FE6 remake being announced this week.

I mean Nintendo did just kinda shadow drop paper mario so anything’s possible

Just now, Ottservia said:

I mean Nintendo did just kinda shadow drop paper mario so anything’s possible

Fingers crossed, amirite boys?

I just realized that, like, half the people on this thread have FE6 listed as their favourite fe game.

20 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Spoiler

It's an inside joke with myself, Heroes is the main reason I consider Palla a top-tier babe and I admit to liking Laegjarn despite the horrible thing they did to her by expecting me to take her seriously with a name literally pronounced 'Leg Yarn'. Something about being the closest to an actual character surrounded by...Book II OCs, for lack of a better description, made her grow on me. That one actually took me a while to come up with because their colors honestly clash something fierce, if I honestly had to fuse the two I'd probably stick more to Laegjarn's color scheme because, as any Shadowscythe knows, blood red is the optimal armor color. As for the comments on virginity, Mary is me but 100+% more troll with a few of the inhibitions spawned from my religious upbringing removed, I think that should adequately describe why she went there. Secondary note, she's also 100% straight but as she says 'likes to keep people guessing' - in her Askr she often flirts with Fjorm for no reason other than to watch her get flustered about it.

35 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Spoiler

I'll admit, going Green Tome Cav instead of Axe Cav was absolutely on a basis of my attraction to the characters - you notice I have Lance Infantry, Sword Flier, AxeGreen Tome Cav. Ideally there would have been a fourth one for Colorless, but Armor's the only movement type left and there's like no Colorless Armors I could have used without going into seasonals or Grail Units, both of which I wanted to avoid. Axe Cavs honestly don't have a fabulous pool to work with assuming I was going to use guys - Frederick + Gunter? Uh, no thanks. I was also pointedly avoiding characters of different genders because I absolutely do not want to address that concept if there is any way I can avoid it, so that left Gunnthra, Cecilia, and Thunderhead Olwen. While putting Olwen's shoulderpads on either of the other two sounded humorous, my Cecilia bias took precedence, spurred on by the fact that I realized this past week that even if she were 10 years older than Roy that only puts her two years older than myself right now, meaning I can in fact say I like her without having to get into MILF arguments. As for Gunnthra, 100% me looking at her picture and realizing holy frick those hips. Blue was similar - Infantry Lancers are Fjorm, Lancina, Oboro, Nephenee, pretty easy choice for me personally. I believe I already covered Red in the previous spoiler.

Perhaps a degenerate way to decide, but I mean, the concept was already pretty much my inner degenerate coming to the surface for a bit, so I allowed myself to indulge a little. As for if they're a single entry, that's up to the group, I'm totally fine to have just Blue be the entry with the others being bonus pieces, I'm totally fine to have them all be one entry like a CYOA book or something, up to you guys. Don't know if that answered your one to Freud moment though.

For size convenience.

53 minutes ago, Benice said:

FE6 remake being announced this week.

Don't say it, I don't wanna risk the jinx.

23 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Leg Yarn

heheh

Secondary note, she's also 100% straight but as she says 'likes to keep people guessing' - in her Askr she often flirts with Fjorm for no reason other than to watch her get flustered about it.

niles bad

holy frick those hips.

But what about the most important physical trait- short hair?

Don't know if that answered your one to Freud moment though.

I think it does. Thank you very much for your cooperation.

24 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

I was also pointedly avoiding characters of different genders because I absolutely do not want to address that concept if there is any way I can avoid it

What you should have done was have the first version of the story stay the same, but have each successive version depict and increasingly degraded possibility until the third color comes along and you end up fusing Karel and Fir. I mean, it is bad idea, after all.

Edited by AnonymousSpeed