SF's "Write Your Butt Off" Competition HD II.5 Remix

AnonymousSpeed

7 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Also I still only have two inputs on whether a simple or complex prompt would be better this round - Benice and Otts.

I guess I'll put mine in. Simple tends to be better, imo. I just wouldn't go too simple, or it'd be too vague and difficult to figure out exactly what you're looking for.

Complex can be nice too though. It'd be easier to find an idea for it because it's more specific. But if you go too specific, then it can again become hard to come up with something.

In the end, I guess it's hard to say which is really more ideal. Just go with what you feel like putting out there!

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I guess I'll put mine in. Simple tends to be better, imo. I just wouldn't go too simple, or it'd be too vague and difficult to figure out exactly what you're looking for.

Complex can be nice too though. It'd be easier to find an idea for it because it's more specific. But if you go too specific, then it can again become hard to come up with something.

In the end, I guess it's hard to say which is really more ideal. Just go with what you feel like putting out there!

Simple is one word that will make Otts lose his crap.

Complex puts the entire thread at the mercy of each other.

I don't know which I feel like putting out there, so I'm letting the thread say which one and I'll get the other at a future round.

5 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

I don't know which I feel like putting out there, so I'm letting the thread say which one and I'll get the other at a future round.

Well, alright then. But if the thread can't seem to make up their minds either, well... xP

22 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Now I’m curious. 

Edited by Ottservia

21 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well, alright then. But if the thread can't seem to make up their minds either, well... xP

It's more that nobody's commented on it besides Benice and Otts.

8 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

It's more that nobody's commented on it besides Benice and Otts.

Oh. Well, they might not have seen it. I know I didn't until I quoted you earlier.

Edited by Anacybele

Maybe everyone is just in a heat haze, it’s been one of those days for me at least. Now if you’ll excuse me I have a black cat to attend to

Edited by Ottservia

1 hour ago, SoulWeaver said:

Complex!

Complexcomplexcomplexcomplexcomplexcomplexcomplexcomplexcomplexcomplexcomplexcomplexcomplexcomplexcomplexcomplexcomplexcomplexcomplexcomplexcomplexcomplexcomplexcomplexcomplexcomplexcomplexcomplexcomplexcomplexcomplexcomplexcomplexcomplexcomplexcomplexcomplexcomplexcomplexcomplexcomplex!

COMPLEX! I want that one!

Today is still tomorrow so the poll shall be removed.

Yeah, got anything in mind yet? I was joking before when I said I'd put up a prompt if you don't, but if you really really can't come up with something, don't force yourself. We don't want to delay too much and wind up cutting the time we have to write before the next voting round. And I'm sure none of us want you to feel pressured/forced.

On 5/23/2020 at 10:00 PM, SoulWeaver said:

If it comes down to it I'll probably pick a mod and ask them out of laziness. Or my mom.

Have you reached your conclusion yet? We await your reply with great eagerness.

Lol sorry guys, I haven’t been on today, I realized I have half of Book III uncompleted on Lunatic today so I’ve been cramming to hit 40 Summons for a free Fallen. Also pulled Julia, so that’s nice, makes the choice a bit easier.

I see Anon picked Complex and Azure immediately countered him, so...hm.

You know, last time I was pretty open-ended(the Halloween round), so we’ll suggest the complex one this time. If nobody likes it we can always swap for the simple one.

Spoiler

Select another person on this Thread. That person selects a character for you. Write a piece about waking up to find yourself in that character’s body. This can be in your own world or in the character’s world, and you can choose whether or not anyone notices the difference in you/the character. Please keep in mind what kind of character the person you have in mind may pick, and please be considerate thinking of a character for anyone who picks you.

Hope you guys find it intriguing.

Certainly an interesting prompt but I dunno about this one. Well whoever wants to pick a character for me is free to do so. This is one of those prompts that I just can’t seem to hammer out an idea for more than like 200-ish words not to sound rude. It’s just a personal thing. I can try but I may just sit out again. I just personally don’t find myself an interesting person to write about in this context if I’m being honest but don’t let my grievances stop everyone else from participating.

Edited by Ottservia

8 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Certainly an interesting prompt but I dunno about this one. Well whoever wants to pick a character for me is free to do so. This is one of those prompts that I just can’t seem to hammer out an idea for more than like 200-ish words not to sound rude. It’s just a personal thing. I can try but I may just sit out again 

Hmm... How would you feel about Felix? I'd rather save my character for Florina, but I feel like Felix may be more or less up your alley?

Edited by Benice

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Hmm... How would you feel about Felix?

Ehhh I just wouldn’t know what to write about really. I’ll try but I make no promises

Edited by Ottservia

1 minute ago, Ottservia said:

Ehhh I just wouldn’t know what to write about really. I’ll try but I make no promises

Would Severa be better? I was hoping to find someone that you can connect with. Sorry about Felix being a bad decision.

Edited by Benice

11 minutes ago, Benice said:

Would Severa be better? I was hoping to find someone that you can connect with. Sorry about Felix being a bad decision.

Severa would actually be worse, frankly I just don’t think I’m all that interesting a person to write about in this context. Like I said not my thing.

Edited by Ottservia