SF's "Write Your Butt Off" Competition HD II.5 Remix

AnonymousSpeed

...Pretty much thank goodness nobody with anything serious to do with Elincia is in FEH because trying to pretend to be her might actually drive me nuts if it really happened. Holy cow her design is actually gorgeous though, I never use her because I generally use Palla or Laegjarn for my Red Flier needs so I didn't realize it. I also just realized I have an obscene number of Units just sitting there not doing anything.

Also, a meme from Reddit. I don't usually like reposting joke videos from there but this was surprisingly touching.

Spoiler

Mild language because it's Etika.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Title: Invisible Shroud

Word Count: 937

Fandom: Fire Emblem Awakening

Spoiler

"Yawn! Time to roll on out of bed. Ow!” My bed’s not usually this small, nor do I remember feeling so heavy.

As I rub my head, I notice that my hand is covered in armor, as is the rest of my body! My facial features spread out so much, I was sure they were going to fly right off.

(“I’m in a fantasy setting! But, who exactly am I?” Alright, I’ll just approach someone and they’ll say ‘Good morning’ and then my name.)

I walk out and the first person I see is Chrom. “CHROM?!” (“Oh no, I’ve already blown it!”).

Chrom turns around and says “Huh? Thought I heard something.

*Sigh* (“Lemme guess. I’m Kellam aren’t I? Though that might actually be a plus in this case. But am I ‘my’ Kellam? Is that ‘my’ Chrom? That’ll be as easy as checking in on Noire! I should be her father after all. Aw, but I’m so hungry. I’ll find her during breakfast. Oh Naga, please let the chef be Cherche.”)

Then comes Frederick. “Attention everyone, we’ll be having breakfast at the Harvest Festival.”

“The Harvest Festival?! (That means we don’t have Noire yet, or Tharja! In fact…)” I look around the barracks and see that the most recent unit in the Shepards is Donnel. I wave at him, but of course he doesn’t notice me. We just saved his village and recruited him the previous battle.

I do have to say, the festival is a rather splendid good time. Just have to watch out for the revenants with Counter. The tactician benches Vaike (She normally benches Sully first, but I guess she felt like she and Virion needed to get closer) and goes out of her way to put herself as far away from Chrom as possible, as we did at that point, and she has short brown hair, just like how I made my avatar.

I run as fast as I can over to the stand with the pastries, and (“Yes! They have muffins!”). “I’ll take three of your finest blueberry muffins!” I proudly tell the vendor as I grab the muffins with one hand and place some gold  on the counter with the other. “Could this get any better?”

Then, I hear another voice--one that instantly sent my heart racing: It was Stahl; “Hey, save some for me!” (“Oh no, he’s still hot, and more dreamy than ever, now that I’m so close.”) Without even thinking, I say out loud: “Stahl, you're amazing.”

“Buh?! Where did that come from?”

“(Um) Nowhere. I was just standing here watching you.”

“Oh. So you saw me break up that quarrel just now then. It's only natural that tempers flare at times like these... In times of war and chaos, it's often the smallfolk who end up suffering the most. Somehow it falls to me to play the peacemaker. Seems I've got a knack for it! I pour oil on troubled waters, sooth injured pride—that sort of thing.”

“(Uh) Oh, I've seen you do it plenty of times. We sure are lucky to have you around!

“Oh, I don't know about that. Chrom and Robin are the ones who keep everything ticking. They're the leaders, the inspirers, the oxen that haul our wagons. Me? I'm just grease on the axles, helping to keep the wheels from creaking.”

“Well, however humble, it must be great to have your own special role to play. Man, I wish I could be like you...”

“Hah! Now I'm blushing, Kellam. No one's ever praised me like this.”

“(I have to end this conversation) Well, it's true. I hope someday I can be as useful as you, Stahl!”

Thankfully, I can see Robin not too far away. They paired back up to slay some Risen farther away, while I can stay and kill a few around here with Donnel’s help. We got another breather and I tried talking to him.

“Hey, Donnel.”

“Hey there, Kellam! What can I do ya for?”

“Do you think we’ll make a good team?”

“Well, ya know I'll help if I can! What's ticklin' yer curiosity?”

“Nothing in particular. I just think we could be really good friends.”

“Huh? THAT'S yer question? Errr... A-ain't it obvious? You wear a big helmet when yer fightin', right? Well...I wear a pot for the same reason—to keep my noggin in one piece!”

“What? I never asked about your choice in headgear! What are you saying?”

“B-boy, you sure ya don't wanna talk about somethin' else? Anyway, no, it ain't about money. I been wearin' this thing since I was on all fours! I've grown mighty attached to it, ya know? Heck, I'd feel naked without it…”

“Yeah. Uh...educated guess?”

“Er, yeah! That's EXACTLY what it's like! A good-luck charm! Well, glad we cleared that up. Now if you'll pardon me— Whoa, Kellam! Over yonder! It's some kinda monster! Sorry. I better run off and warn the others!”

“Huh? But...I don't see any monster. Wait a minute, I remember this. He just tried to trick me!”

“Phew! Dodged an arrow back there. Good thing I skedaddled when I did…”

Well, so much for not being pawns of some scripted fate. At least the battle will be over soon. It’s a little sad that Chrom and the others are already so close to the bosses already, yet here I am so far away from all the action. At least I know I’ll get to enjoy the rest of the festival before I return to my old self. I think I’ll use my knowledge to get all the Shepherds a present.

Edited by Morgan--Grandmaster

I like it, short but to the point. It felt like it could go a tiny bit longer, but eh.

tfw you realize you didn't cross your edits over from mobile to desktop so you have to retype everything you already put in and then go back and take the extra repeat off later.

27 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

I like it, short but to the point. It felt like it could go a tiny bit longer, but eh.

tfw you realize you didn't cross your edits over from mobile to desktop so you have to retype everything you already put in and then go back and take the extra repeat off later.

I am always on mobile devices lol.  No computer here XD

21 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I am always on mobile devices lol.  No computer here XD

Yeah, I'm usually running offline mobile, I just forgot to connect to the internet post-edits today so I have to rewrite all of today's stuff.

I guarantee Ana wasn't expecting probably 6+ pages of stuff though - almost through page 3 and I'm not even to in-fic lunchtime yet. Funnily enough she apparently didn't notice the part of the prompt where I said it was about waking up in the character's body, I sent her the first page as a preview and she was notably confused.

19 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

Yeah, I'm usually running offline mobile, I just forgot to connect to the internet post-edits today so I have to rewrite all of today's stuff.

I guarantee Ana wasn't expecting probably 6+ pages of stuff though - almost through page 3 and I'm not even to in-fic lunchtime yet. Funnily enough she apparently didn't notice the part of the prompt where I said it was about waking up in the character's body, I sent her the first page as a preview and she was notably confused.

Uh oh...

XP Oh well.

...Guys now I'm wondering whether to make it a full swap with Elincia being me for the day.
Also my FEH Elincia is officially named 'Lincy now.

EDIT guys check this out, they're adorable!

Edited by SoulWeaver

7 hours ago, Morgan--Grandmaster said:

But the question still lies: Where?

This is a true intellectual's question and I applaud it.

4 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

EDIT guys check this out, they're adorable!

They're not exactly my favorite manaketes from the series, but I mean, I might throw some money just because it's a nice little thing.

And...done XD

Title: The Time I woke up in Gimurei's Body...

Words: 1,440

Fandom: FEH

Post read notes:

Spoiler

Sassy Reflet is somewhat sassy.  I had more fun than I cared to admit and head canons abound lol.

Mary threw me a surprise twist and I'm really enjoying how 'Lincy is turning out. This is the best way I can explain:

Spoiler

I'll get to reading yours once I'm done, Chloey.

44 minutes ago, Azure loves his Half Elves said:

I don’t think this is the best reason to not feel like writing, but I‘ve had my wisdom teeth done a couple days ago.

Maybe I should come back to this stuff when I have less D&D-related stuff to worry about doing.

Please get well soon 😮

4 hours ago, Azure loves his Half Elves said:

I don’t think this is the best reason to not feel like writing, but I‘ve had my wisdom teeth done a couple days ago.

You right, it's actually the best reason to not feel like doing literally anything. Just focus on recovery man, we won't hold it against you.

Ok, took me long enough, but non-participation entry here we go. I...honestly may be way more proud of the title than I ought to be.

Notes:

Spoiler

Just under 4k words and 7 and a half pages, wow. I'm a little disturbed that this was the first round I was able to put out this much, actually. Guarantee @Anacybele didn't expect this picking Elincia.
Honestly, I think I took too much time in the opening when I was still hype for this, so it's kind of obvious I ended this on a significantly less-hyped mode than I started, as well as(I think) where the burnout happened. I also probably should have stuck to FEH characters rather than use Mary.
...Actually, now that I think about it, that whole opening kind of killed Arilon's comment about Summer Laegjarn not being able to change out of her swimsuit.../sweats

Also, having discovered the ultimate cursed video and heavily relying on it to finish this up, the rest of you may as well suffer too.

Spoiler

More cursed version for the truly insane:

Spoiler

...Japanese meme videos are scary.

Video that ultimately led me to the curse, for those of you who like SSB, Rivals of Aether, or JoJo references:

Spoiler

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to finish EliJarn because someone on Reddit has officially given me one week to get the S Support out before they find my house and riot.

Edited by SoulWeaver

5 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

I need to finish EliJarn

What the heck is EliJarn? Eliwood x Laegjarn?

And as an update, I probably won't finish, (yet again) mostly because I have no idea what Grima is actually like personality wise.

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

I have no idea what Grima is actually like personality wise.

He's just an extremely smug arrogant asshole that takes pleasure in killing people because he thinks humans suck so yeah. 

Edited by Ottservia

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

And as an update, I probably won't finish, (yet again) mostly because I have no idea what Grima is actually like personality wise.

I AM THE WINGS OF DESPAIR. I AM THE BREATH OF RUIN.

There you go, Grima.

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

What the heck is EliJarn? Eliwood x Laegjarn?

Yes.

2 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

He's just an extremely smug arrogant asshole that takes pleasure in killing people because he thinks humans suck so yeah. 

1 minute ago, SoulWeaver said:

I AM THE WINGS OF DESPAIR. I AM THE BREATH OF RUIN.

There you go, Grima.

Oh bruh. I'd probably have ruined Grima's reputation if I'd actually finished.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Oh bruh. I'd probably have ruined Grima's reputation if I'd actually finished.

I mean, Chloey's been running a slight variant on Grima for like her entire time with this thread, if anything a not-realistic Grima would have just been an interesting second perspective.