SF's "Write Your Butt Off" Competition HD II.5 Remix

AnonymousSpeed

9 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Wtf did I just read?  Not to be a pain in the ass, but how does this fit the prompt?

Gonna be honest, I read this and thought you were talking about the Roy+Cecilia discussion and was really confused.

18 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

Obligatory reminder that if you accept the Ninian x Eliwood psuedo-canon, Roy's frame-of-reference for what he would be comfortable with is that his mother was like 800 years older than his dad 

I don't, I accept Eliwood x Laegjarn, but I forgot that, good point.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

"discussion of LGBTQIA+ rights or one or more characters in an LGBTQIA+ relationship"

Still doesn't make much sense though.  But that could just be beacuse it's not easily followed.

3 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

...folks, I have accidentally stumbled upon Minus8. Someone please bleach my eyes, I did not want to see the Pac-Man ghosts in this light.

What is Minus8? I'd search it up myself, but it sounds pretty sketchy...

3 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Still doesn't make much sense though.  But that could just be beacuse it's not easily followed.

Made sense to me, but maybe I'm weird. I liked it a lot, actually. I'll save the feedback for the voting phase, but as always it was a superb entry IMO.

Edited by Benice

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

Made sense to me, but maybe I'm weird. I liked it a lot, actually. I'll save the feedback for the voting phase, but as always it was a superb entry IMO.

Yeah probs a case of me being an idiot lol.

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

An internet 'artist' which combined with my earlier statement should hopefully be sufficient explanation. I can technically link you the video in question but I'd rather not if possible.

2 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

An internet 'artist' which combined with my earlier statement should hopefully be sufficient explanation. I can technically link you the video in question but I'd rather not if possible.

So it's a Lewd version of the Pac-Man ghosts? I am very glad I didn't goof up my search history with Lewd Pac-man.

13 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Yeah probs a case of me being an idiot lol.

I feel like three houses has been out long enough now that I don’t have to put this in spoilers. But 

you are aware that seteth and Saint Cichol are the same person right?

(This piece is admittedly confusing if you aren’t)

38 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

I feel like three houses has been out long enough now that I don’t have to put this in spoilers. But 

Reveal hidden contents

you are aware that seteth and Saint Cichol are the same person right?

(This piece is admittedly confusing if you aren’t)

Oh that wasn't what confused me.  I know that:

Spoiler

Linhardt is at the very least a homo marriage option.  What I didn't know was that Felix was an option for a homo marriage lol

56 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Also note that if this violates SF's rules, you're going to take the brunt of it.

3 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Oh that wasn't what confused me.  I know that:

Hide contents

What I didn't know was that Felix was an option for a homo marriage lol

He wasn’t, and I didn’t write him as one. (Now I’m confused) 

4 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

So I also assumed this originally, but then one day I was looking at her in Heroes and was like actually, I can't see Roy marrying anyone more than ten years his senior, which puts Cecilia at 25 at oldest. In addition, I looked it up and if you check their ending, it says the two eventually wed, implying that Cecilia did the responsible thing and waited for Roy to at least be a legal adult, which still puts her at 28 at oldest running on my assumption, and this if they married right when Roy hit 18, if they waited for him to reach 20, marrying a 30-year-old isn't the weirdest thing - I'm honestly more impressed at Roy's smoothness with women at that point. Admittedly this isn't confirmed, but they've been janky about confirming canon ages and I'd rather think better of Cecilia than assume she's a pedo so she's 25 at oldest in my book.

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

True, but there's still a pretty big age gap here. I guess when it comes to folks 18 and older, though, it depends on what kind of age gap you're comfortable with.

4 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

Oh definitely, while I understand people being uncomfortable with that, I have a cousin who married a 30-year-old at 20, and to be completely honest I'd still totally hit on Cecilia if she was 10 years older than me, and that'd put her at 33, so I think it's fine so long as you wait until post 18.

Roy would already be considered a legal adult with in his own society. He's already been trusted with the responsibility of leading armies and all that jazz. There's nothing special about the year 18 in human development. It's just the arbitrary number our society has put on the age of adulthood.

Edited by Jotari

Okay this is weird...but there is a way larger than normal word count incoming...way more than normal...

The Entry:

Title: To Be in Love

Fandom: Invisble Ties: Fire Emblem Awakening/ Fates

Word Count: 3,274

Post read notes:

Spoiler

Yeah I went there.  I didn't intend to enter but then I was like screw it Amelia needed some character development and she's been asking me to do so for a while.  Best daughter is best daughter like Lucina.  Plus Soleil and Amelia make an adorable pairing do not fight me.

Edited by TheSilentChloey

On 6/17/2020 at 11:43 PM, TheSilentChloey said:

Okay this is weird...but there is a way larger than normal word count incoming...way more than normal...

The Entry:

Title: To Be in Love

Fandom: Invisble Ties: Fire Emblem Awakening/ Fates

Word Count: 3,274

Post read notes:

Hide contents

Yeah I went there.  I didn't intend to enter but then I was like screw it Amelia needed some character development and she's been asking me to do so for a while.  Best daughter is best daughter like Lucina.  Plus Soleil and Amelia make an adorable pairing do not fight me.

Clunky writing. Neat concept. 

Tension between the Ylissean Royal Family and the Hierarchs over Chrom having an openly gay daughter had enough potential that it could have just worked as its own standalone idea, with all the ways that it could have been explored.

Chrom being perfectly cool  and supportive about it is--very Chrom.

The hierarchs are cartoonishly dickish and craven--but hey--thats how they were in Awakening.

The idea of using spellcraft to magic out an "...oh yes they can..." answer to "...but same-sex couples can't produce their own biological children!" feels at home in the setting. And is honestly something I wouldn't be half-surprised to see appearing as an in-game plot device, in a future installment of Fire Emblem that has both same-sex couples and Gen 2 units. 

Edited by Shoblongoo

1 hour ago, Shoblongoo said:

Clunky writing. Neat concept. 

Tension between the Ylissean Royal Family and the Hierarchs over Chrom having an openly gay daughter had enough potential that it could have just worked as its own standalone idea, with all the ways that it could have been explored.

Chrom being perfectly cool  and supportive about it is--very Chrom.

The hierarchs are cartoonishly dickish and craven--but hey--thats how they were in Awakening.

The idea of using spellcraft to magic out an "...oh yes they can..." answer to "...but same-sex couples can't produce their own biological children!" feels at home in the setting. And is honestly something I wouldn't be half-surprised to see appearing as an in-game plot device, in a future installment of Fire Emblem that has both same-sex couples and Gen 2 units. 

Nah.  It's a case of go for the most serious shot I could have gone without, ah certain things being said (because we know how massively senstive people can be over supposed insults...) that really would have skirted around what I'd call not normal TSC Invisible Ties.  That said I was focusing on Amelia's charcter more so than any story lol.  Opps XD

16 hours ago, Ottservia said:

working on one

7 minutes ago, Azure loves his Half Elves said:

So am I. If only I can get past my procrastination.

There's a weekend coming up, and I would have no objections to extending the submission deadline through the end of Sunday if you guys need the extra free time to finish. 

Given the number of submissions this round, we could probably just take the time straight out of the allotted period for voting and discussion. (i.e. still continue on to the next round at our regularly scheduled pace)

Edited by Shoblongoo

6 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

There's a weekend coming up, and I would have no objections to extending the submission deadline through the end of Sunday if you guys need the extra free time to finish. 

Given the number of submissions this round, we could probably just take the time straight out of the allotted period for voting and discussion. (i.e. still continue on to the next round at our regularly scheduled pace)

Sounds like a great idea.

On an unrelated note, I’ve become very interested in tackling the Fate series (Fate/Stay Night, Fate/Grand Order, etc.) and the Sakura Wars series.

The latter is because of this excellently-crafted video: 

The Story Unknown to All

Fandom: Fire emblem: awakening

word count: 1,908

Spoiler

“Make Him Fall for You in a Fortnight,” The little five-year-old Severa read out loud to herself, as she looked down at the book in her small hands. She tilted her head, “What kind of book is this?” She asked as she opened it and attempted to read it’s contents.

She squinted, as her mind tried to comprehend all the large scale sentences and big words scattered all across the parchment in front of her.

“A voooluuupto...” Severa frowned as she tried to read the large complicated word sprawled across the middle of the page. With a cry of frustration, she threw the book to the ground and crossed her arms, “Who reads stupid stuff like that anyway!” She huffed.

“Severa, is everything alright?” She heard her mother’s voice from the other room.

“Yes, mama everything is okay”

Mama would probably know what that word means, Severa thought as she slid off the bed.

She straightened out her small red dress and ran over to pick up the book she threw. She examined the book for any noteworthy damage before dashing out towards her mother’s office.

-----

“Hey, mama!” Severa called out to her mother, who was still hunched over her desk.

Her mother glanced back at her and smiled, “oh hey there sweetie, what’s that book you got there?”

Severa ran up to her mother and handed over the book, “pretty cool, right? I was able to read almost a whole page all by myself” she boasted as she puffed out her chest.

“Severa, where did you find this book?” her mother asked with a fading voice.

Severa tilted her head and blinked, “It was inside a black box at the back of the dresser”

For a moment, her mother was silent as Severa looked at her pale yet red flushed face. Did she do something wrong?

“Mama?” She asked quietly, “D-Did I do something wrong?” She asked as her pigtails began to wilt.

Her mother closed her eyes, straightened her back, and sucked in a deep breath, “You said you read a whole page, correct?”

“N-not really” Severa somewhat reluctantly admitted, “I got to the middle then I stopped because there was a word I didn’t know how to read”

Her mother pinched the bridge of her nose and sighed, “well that’s good but next time whenever you find something like this I want you to tell me immediately, understand?” She said with a hard stare.

Severa could only nod, “Yeah, okay…”

“Good” Her mother smiled, “NowIjustgottafindabetterplacetohidethis” she heard her mother mumble something as she looked up to see her mother staring back at the book.

“What’s so special about that book, anyway?”

Her mother glanced back down at her daughter and, for a moment, was silent once again. She looked back at the book, then the ring on her hand, and then finally to her daughter and sighed.

“It’s...something of a reminder of the one failure in my life…” She finally said.

Severa raised an eyebrow at her mother’s words. Failure? But her mother was perfect. There was nothing she couldn’t do or at least that’s what everyone said. Could she not read the book either?

“So do you not know what the word means either, mama?”

Her mother laughed at this, “No, I can read the book fine it’s something else”

“What’s that?”

Her mother rose to her feet and patted her daughter on the head, “You’ll understand when you get older” She said with a soft smile, “Now, are you hungry? I think it’s about time for lunch”

Severa smiled, “Oh can you make beef stew? It’s the best in the world!”

Her mother smiled, “Sure, anything for my little girl”

-----

“I’m sorry…” Severa finished as she tried to wipe the tears from her red and swollen eyes.

Morgan’s sobs rang clear in her ears as her sister continued to sob into Lissa’s shoulder. Severa took a moment to look at the ring on her right hand.

“I have to go protect the thing that matters most to me”

Her mother’s final words to her once again echoed through her head. She pulled the ring off her finger and held it in her palm. After a moment, she tossed the ring to the side and ran out the door.

“Severa wait!” She heard Lissa call out to her, but she didn’t listen.

Her feet splashed across the muddy road as she continued to run. Where was she running? Severa didn’t quite know herself. She just needed to be alone. She needed to be away from that ring, that house, her sister, aunt Lissa, and just everything. She just needed to be alone.

“Severa, it’s a pegasus knight’s duty to protect their exalt”

“Lord Chrom is in danger and I…”

Severa stopped as those words continued to rattle through her head. Her mother didn’t love her. Not Morgan or daddy, she didn’t love any of them. She never did. The only person she loved was Chrom. Maybe that’s why she could never let go of that book. She wiped the tears from her face and looked around.

She looked to be in an open field with several training dummies and wooden targets strewn about. Broken arrows jutted out from several of the dummies while others looked scorched in various areas. Severa sighed. It figures she’d end up at the old training field.

“Father…” A familiar voice tugged at her ear.

Severa turned her head to see Lucina sitting with her back pressed up against a bisected dummy. Her arms wrapped around falchion like a scared child clinging to their favorite stuffed animal. Splinters of wood and straw were scattered around her in an almost nest like fashion.

Severa quickly tore her eyes away. Gods, it made her sick just looking at her. For a moment, Severa simply stood there silent as the heavy rain continued to fall. Her twin-tails wilted like a dead flower as they were weighed down by the sky’s endless tears. She looked back at Lucina as her heart continued to twist and coil around itself.

“Severa, it’s a pegasus knight’s duty to protect their exalt”

Her hands tightened into fists as she once again recalled those words. Her mother died protecting the man who’s daughter is sitting right over there. She looked down to see a misfired arrow at her feet. Her left hand began to glow a vibrant violet. Maybe she could…

She reached down to grab the arrow. However, before she could, her body froze. What was she thinking?! Severa shook her head. She couldn’t do that. It wouldn’t accomplish anything and besides…

Severa looked down at Falchion nestled tightly in Lucina’s arms. She wouldn’t want her mother’s death to be in vain.

---

“What the hell were you thinking, you moron?!?!” Severa scowled at Lucina sitting in the infirmary bed. “You could’ve gotten yourself killed charging in like that!!! Why if I hadn’t been there!”

“S-Sorry, Severa,” She said hesitantly.

“Don’t apologize, you idiot!” Severa crossed her arms and breathed and exasperated sigh, “geez, sometimes I wonder why I even bother”

“Still, I appreciate your help” Lucina’s eyes glided to the floor, “if you weren’t there I doubt I would’ve gotten out alive”

Severa scoffed, “Yeah well then maybe you shouldn’t have charged in there in the first place”

This caused Lucina to flinch, “You’re probably right but I just couldn’t just leave that woman to die because if I didn’t…”

Severa glanced down at Lucina then the floor, “then her daughter would’ve been orphaned…”

A cool breeze whistled through the tent as a loud silence overtook the room.

“Gods Lucina, you really are an idiot,” Severa finally spoke up.

Lucina furrowed her brow at those words, “That’s a bit harsh, don’t you think?”

Severa scoffed again, “I’m just saying only a moron like you would charge headlong in on a suicide mission just to save one person” She smirked, “You’re pathetic”

Lucina frowned, “well what about you? Did you not do the same to save me?” Lucina shot Severa a hard stare.

A smear of red spread across her cheeks, “D-Don’t get the wrong idea, okay! I-I only saved you because if you died then we could never put an end to this stupid war! That’s all!”

Lucina raised an eyebrow, “and how does that make it any different?”

Severa’s face flushed an even brighter red as she turned to look back at Lucina, “I...You...J-Just shut up, you moron!”

Lucina smiled, “Well it would seem that we’re both idiots”

“Yeah whatever” Severa scoffed, “J-Just don’t think this means I care about you or anything, got it!”

“Y-You don’t care about me?” Lucina flinched

Severa blushed again as she looked back at Lucina’s face, “I-It’s not that...I mean I don’t care but I…” She hesitated for a moment, “Gawds, now my head’s all fuzzy and it’s all your dumb fault!” She said as she began to stomp towards the exit.

“Severa, wait” Lucina called out as she grabbed Severa’s hand.

Severa’s face flared to life with a color comparable to that of her mother’s hair as her heart began to race. Gods, what the hell was wrong with her?!

“Geez, what do you want now?!” Severa snapped as she tried to rip her hand away only for Lucina to tighten her grip.

“Severa, regardless of whether or not you care about me, I…” She hesitated for a moment as a loud silence wafted through the air, “I care about you, a lot” She finally finished.

Severa looked back at Lucina’s hard stare and then to where their hands were intertwined. Lucina’s hand was warm and reassuring almost like she could trust it like her mother’s. No, that wasn’t the right way to describe it, this was different. It was a warm and unfamiliar feeling that made her heart and mind race with joy. A feeling she couldn’t quite describe. A feeling she never wanted to end.

Severa turned her head away as tears began to drip from her eyes, “Y-You really are an idiot” She said as their hands slipped apart.

“Severa?”

“What’s so special about that book, anyway?”

“It’s...something of a reminder of the one failure in my life…”

Severa wiped the tears from her eyes as that memory rattled through her head.

Mama, I think I finally understand what you meant…

“Lucina I…” Severa spoke up.

“What is it?” Lucina blinked.

“I…” She hesitated. Gods, what was wrong with her?! Why couldn’t she just say it?!

A million butterflies fluttered through her stomach as something yanked at her throat. Her heart beat a rapid and painful rhythm as the words desperately tried to escape her mouth.

“Severa, what is it?”

“I’m sorry!” Severa blurted out before dashing out of the tent as tears once again streamed down her face.

“Severa, wait!” She heard Lucina call out to her.

But she didn’t listen, all she could do was keep running. She couldn’t do it. Severa wasn’t her mother. If she failed, then how could Severa possibly expect herself to be any different? It was better this way. Why would anyone want to love someone as worthless as her? The girl who's back got nothing but garbage thrown at it. The girl destined to roll on forever within the endless void of her mother’s shadow. In the end, they both couldn’t scream out the song of love they held inside.

Some notes/self-critique:

Spoiler

I don't necessarily know how to feel about this one. Romance really isn’t my forte. Maybe the ending is a little rushed. I dunno I had intended to have a fourth scene at the end but I dunno it just kinda felt right to end it there and on the note it did. I also think I could've fleshed out Severa and Lucina's relationship a little more but again I dunno I feel the third scene is fine. I dunno. You guys tell me what you think. Regardless, I was able to get this done and I'm happy about that. I'm a huge LuciSev and I feel like this fic takes an interesting spin on it. Also, @SoulWeaver I'll bet there's one reference in here that you won't be able to get. most of them are pretty blatant(including the title) but there's one line that's pretty subtle. It ain't even a song reference but it's a vocaloid(kinda?) one all the same.

Edited by Ottservia