SF's "Write Your Butt Off" Competition HD II.5 Remix

AnonymousSpeed

37 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Didn't know Australians had so little to be proud of.

I'll see what I can think of.

We're not so up ourselves as that.  Not the more conventional ones at any rate.

As for me personally I couldn't care less.  The theme just leaves a very bad taste in my mouth.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

As for me personally I couldn't care less.  The theme just leaves a very bad taste in my mouth.

You could write about that bad taste.

Figured this was one where anyone who wanted to get in on the action could at least do something fire emblemy with it 

On 7/4/2020 at 7:10 AM, Anacybele said:

Kieran 

Perfect 

18 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

You’re up yourself to be proud of your country? Never heard that angle on it before.

On 7/3/2020 at 10:09 PM, Shoblongoo said:

Patriotism

Cripes. I'll probably have to pass.

All I'm saying is that if ever there was a round to pull a I can write Fe:Fates better then that game's own garbage writing team, and here's what the themes they were trying to hit could have looked like if they weren't incompetent

...this is that round...  

58 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

All I'm saying is that if ever there was a round to pull a I can write Fe:Fates better then that game's own garbage writing team, and here's what the themes they were trying to hit could have looked like if they weren't incompetent

...this is that round...  

But fates isn’t about patriotism though. It’s certainly an element but the story is a lot more about trust between family and friends if anything 

1 hour ago, Ottservia said:

But fates isn’t about patriotism though. It’s certainly an element but the story is a lot more about trust between family and friends if anything 

Bold of you to assume fates had a story 

12 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

Bold of you to assume fates had a story 

Bold of you to assume I haven’t written a 27-page analytical tirade on the game

8 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Bold of you to assume I haven’t written a 27-page analytical tirade on the game

I have counseled often in this very thread with respect to the virtue of brevity. Say not in 27 pages what can be said in a single sentence.

i.e.

"Fates had a budget for tit-jiggling animations where its story-writing should have been."  

Edited by Shoblongoo

4 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

I have counseled often in this very thread with respect to the virtue of brevity. Say not in 27 pages what can be said in a single sentence.

i.e.

"Fates had a budget for tit-jiggling animations where its story-writing should have been."  

Fates’s story can summarized in a single sentence.

”belief without doubt is simply a lie”

I will defend Fates’s story to fucking grave, alright!

Edited by Ottservia

5 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

...this is that round...  

I may run a second piece to hit a part of this idea up, but a different FE grabbed my attention first - namely one of the most bizarrely-written semi-baddies in the series.

4 hours ago, Ottservia said:

But fates isn’t about patriotism though.

Birthright Xander would like to talk to you(Ghast's Support Science double video special on Xander to be specific). Also link me that analytical tirade, as someone who has attempted to vindicate/defend Conception II of all games(summary: shoblongoo's earlier line about Fates but for a JRPG) I'm down to read someone else's defense of a game provided it's well-written, and judging by your Severa analysis this should be worth looking into.

19 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Birthright Xander 

Yessir.

(And Ryoma ain't exactly lacking in strong nationalist impulses himself there--the guy literally shouts "FOR THE GLORY OF HOSHIDO!" when he's about to kill a dude) 

22 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Birthright Xander would like to talk to you(Ghast's Support Science double video special on Xander to be specific). Also link me that analytical tirade, as someone who has attempted to vindicate/defend Conception II of all games(summary: shoblongoo's earlier line about Fates but for a JRPG) I'm down to read someone else's defense of a game provided it's well-written, and judging by your Severa analysis this should be worth looking into.

I never quite understood the whole “two Xanders” criticism as it never made sense to me. I personally find him to be pretty consistent overall but eh.

I wrote this a while ago and be warned some of the points made here I don’t necessarily agree with anymore(which is why I’m thinking about rewriting it) particularly some of the points I made about Xander and Azura. I will stand by my revelation analysis. That one’s actually good.

Let's all just stop for a moment and appreciate this.
Like. Yes. I also have all these thoughts. And much compassion for the poor enemies. Someone explain to me why I can't recruit generic NPCs and give them names and sacrifice actual good FE Units for Timmina the generic Axe Fighter.

8 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

Let's all just stop for a moment and appreciate this.
Like. Yes. I also have all these thoughts. And much compassion for the poor enemies. Someone explain to me why I can't recruit generic NPCs and give them names and sacrifice actual good FE Units for Timmina the generic Axe Fighter.

I'd rather have them as skill fodder lol XD

6 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I'd rather have them as skill fodder lol XD

Neither version of Elincia has much to offer there these days though. Might as well keep her if you get her.

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Neither version of Elincia has much to offer there these days though. Might as well keep her if you get her.

Or Y’know feathers

8 hours ago, Ottservia said:

Or Y’know feathers

That's more likely than keeping one lol.  Though her dancer form is passable and that's not what I was talking about.

I was talking about Soul saying we should be allowed to recruit the generic units and SI them, and I said if we could get the generic units I'd use them for SI.  Please don't put words into my mouth.