SF's "Write Your Butt Off" Competition HD II.5 Remix

AnonymousSpeed

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

Y’all are terrible at time management—u know that, right?

I have adhd this is nothing new trust me on that

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Okay then. I'm not laughing, personally, but that's because It's not fun when only one person decides to enter. It's more fun when multiple people do.

But as long as Anon isn't trying to insult my skill, I don't have any problems with his view.

Not as a common occurrence, but as a one time thing, the absurdity adds quality.

Not at all friend.

Just now, AnonymousSpeed said:

Not as a common occurrence, but as a one time thing, the absurdity adds quality.

Not at all friend.

I see then. Fair enough. And thanks for the clarification.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Because it unfortunately wouldn't be practical here. I'm not saying our healthcare system doesn't need any changes (I have to deal with shitty insurance because I can't afford anything better), but making it entirely free wouldn't work here. We have such a high population and such expensive medical treatments and technology that it would cause taxes to be beyond ridiculously high and prices on other products to rise. You can even see that this is the case in Canada. They have free healthcare and their taxes are much higher and as a result, many things are more expensive there than they are here.

Sure, you can say "I'd be happy to pay higher taxes to help someone get desperately needed treatment" but after you pay the taxes we'd have to if our healthcare is free, we'd have little left to support ourselves. Healthcare isn't the only necessity to survive, after all. Food, a place to live, clothing, etc. are needed too. What's the point of one necessity being free if it means the others become harder to get instead?

And like I said, the US isn't perfect. There are things this country really needs to fix/improve upon. But I'm not saying I'm proud of that, I'm proud of the stuff it does right. That's all.

I was never afraid to go to school, actually. Not for that reason, anyway. If I was ever afraid to, I was afraid because of bullies, not because someone might show up with a gun. Bullying is a much more prominent issue that doesn't get talked about enough.

Uh...hilarious how, exactly? Because depending on what you mean, this could be an insult.

You're already paying that extra cost by buying private insurance. Paying for it through taxes instead of insurance would make costs go down for the vast majority. It's only the super rich and the reckless fools who go through life uninsured that would have to pay more.

But I digress, this isn't the point. This is-

1 hour ago, Shoblongoo said:

Y’all are terrible at time management—u know that, right?

Yes, very much so.

Edited by Jotari

1 minute ago, Jotari said:

You're already paying that extra cost by buying private insurance. Paying for it through taxes instead of insurance would make costs go down for the vast majority. It's only the super rich and the reckless fools who go through life uninsured that would have to pay more.

Spoiler

Unmarried youths are usually more reasonable to avoid that expense than to incur it, given their lower risk, lower means, and lower number of dependents.

Controlled / set supply trends lower than market supply.

Controlled / set prices trend higher than market prices.

US healthcare costs more but you also get to see a doctor in a more reasonable time frame, price is not the sole measure of acceptability.

Private expenditure per capita on healthcare is higher in the United States, but public expenditure per capita is fairly comparable to Switzerland, Norway, Denmark, etc.

Not all differences in health care cost are caused by greater privatization, there are many more differences between the United States and European countries.

There is an inherent advantage in personal liberty to incurring a cost willingly than having an equivalent or even lower (but more realistically higher) cost which is compulsory.

I would like to take this time to say that I am fairly indifferent to the personal ethics of advocating one healthcare approach over another. I obviously have my position but I'd hope none of us would lose any friends over it.

9 hours ago, Jotari said:

Yeah, and people are paying it without the costs of other necessary goods and services going up. I'd just rather be able to afford ALL necessities in life, not just one. But we don't really need to be debating this here, we've each got our viewpoints and such. And I respect that.

Well, if I really am the only entry and the default winner, I suppose I have to accept that. I can't complain too much if people really liked it anyway. I've got a prompt in mind, so if I have to put it up in the end, I will.

Give me 24 more hours tops and I’ll have something up. Apparently I’m helping run a politics/current events class tonight so my Plan C of burning through it rabidly tonight is hosed.

Also you people buy insurance? I’m just immortal, it’s much less paperwork and only requires that I give my soul and everlasting allegiance to her.

...Should be obvious, but fair trade.

26 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Give me 24 more hours tops and I’ll have something up. Apparently I’m helping run a politics/current events class tonight so my Plan C of burning through it rabidly tonight is hosed.

Hohoho, How fitting.

26 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Also you people buy insurance? I’m just immortal, it’s much less paperwork and only requires that I give my soul and everlasting allegiance to her.

...Should be obvious, but fair trade.

I disagree, but that's the great thing about a free society.

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

Ah, screw it.

Title: Insert Something Stupid Here ffs.

Words: 1,419

Fandom: Fire Emblem Heroes

Entry:

I scratched the surface.  And no, I didn't throw shade at anyone from here.

11 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

And no, I didn't throw shade at anyone from here.

Except you kind of did. Even if it wasn't your intention, I felt insulted because that American "patriotic bastard" could have been me earlier in this thread. And btw, not all Americans are rude and the US isn't the only country with issues or crappy people.

Besides this though, solid entry. Not anything special, but it does use the prompt in an interesting way.

Yeah, this is my critique for you.

Edited by Anacybele

Well, that was...interesting. I'm gonna go ahead and assume that was some other American you were talking about.

I'd like to point out, Chloey, I don't know if you were paying much attention during the last election over here, but one of Trump's big things was 'Make America Great Again' and this notably resonated with a LOT of people, for better or worse. We spent eight years with the leader of our country basically apologizing for how bad our country was and dumping crap on us, and I'm fairly sure nobody likes getting told how much they suck once, let alone for eight straight years by the guy who was supposed to represent us to the world. I'd argue that a major part of Trump's victory came down to him talking about what a great place America was and could be again. Hitler also did the same thing, one of the first things he did was tell the Germans they were a great people in a great country - sure, they'd had some setbacks, but that didn't change who they were. Give someone pride in what he does, he'll respect you. Give someone pride in what he is...something-something-inspiration-pep-talk, I dunno where I was going with that, have a Calvin and Hobbes comic that condenses the relatively complex issue down to a meme. Look, someone made a Trump version, haha, we politicized a children's cartoon, so original, let's spam a bunch of Obama comics too. /s

Real critique, not bad considering this was probably rushed out in like fifteen minutes trying to beat the deadline. Little bit off-topic feel, but again, kind of expected that.

Don't know how well my thing is going to go, still trying to burn it out, but eh.

48 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Well, that was...interesting. I'm gonna go ahead and assume that was some other American you were talking about.

I'd like to point out, Chloey, I don't know if you were paying much attention during the last election over here, but one of Trump's big things was 'Make America Great Again' and this notably resonated with a LOT of people, for better or worse. We spent eight years with the leader of our country basically apologizing for how bad our country was and dumping crap on us, and I'm fairly sure nobody likes getting told how much they suck once, let alone for eight straight years by the guy who was supposed to represent us to the world. I'd argue that a major part of Trump's victory came down to him talking about what a great place America was and could be again. Hitler also did the same thing, one of the first things he did was tell the Germans they were a great people in a great country - sure, they'd had some setbacks, but that didn't change who they were. Give someone pride in what he does, he'll respect you. Give someone pride in what he is...something-something-inspiration-pep-talk, I dunno where I was going with that, have a Calvin and Hobbes comic that condenses the relatively complex issue down to a meme. Look, someone made a Trump version, haha, we politicized a children's cartoon, so original, let's spam a bunch of Obama comics too. /s

Real critique, not bad considering this was probably rushed out in like fifteen minutes trying to beat the deadline. Little bit off-topic feel, but again, kind of expected that.

Don't know how well my thing is going to go, still trying to burn it out, but eh.

Yeah, one I had the displeasure of meeting irl, well before Trump showed up.  Think said person was from when I was in school.  Throwing shade like I said wasn't at anyone here, you guys are actually decent by a wide margine lol

And yeah, I could have done more but I had a massive headache and had to stop.

@Anacybele If that was enough to upset you, that's pretty bad and shallow imo.  Please read what I said to Soul, because I personally feel you don't fall into the category you think you do.  I was talking more obnoxious patriotism, the so bad it's rude kind, which in my book you are not.

Edited by TheSilentChloey

56 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Are you comparing Trump to freaking Hitler? Come on now, Trump is way better than that guy was. He at least is not committing genocide on some group of people simply because of their religion and forcing them into death camps.

8 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

If that was enough to upset you, that's pretty bad and shallow imo.  Please read what I said to Soul, because I personally feel you don't fall into the category you think you do.  I was talking more obnoxious patriotism, the so bad it's rude kind, which in my book you are not.

Okay then, fair enough. Tbh though, I wouldn't have been as upset if you hadn't posted it basically right after I exhibited patriotism for the US. It was just awkward timing to me. Sorry though. Glad to know you don't think I'm rude about it.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Are you comparing Trump to freaking Hitler? Come on now, Trump is way better than that guy was. He at least is not committing genocide on some group of people simply because of their religion and forcing them into death camps.

Okay then, fair enough. Tbh though, I wouldn't have been as upset if you hadn't posted it basically right after I exhibited patriotism for the US. It was just awkward timing to me. Sorry though. Glad to know you don't think I'm rude about it.

Looking from outside the moral perspective Hitler was absolutely one of the top five leaders in recent history(recent being last 100-200 years or so). The man picked a nation up after it got beat into the dirt at the end of World War I and managed to flip the situation to 'Make Germany Great Again,' turning them into one of the most feared nations on the planet. He was influential enough to have freaking Harry Potter indirectly reference him when Ollivander is speaking of Voldemort in Sorcerer's Stone, when he says that 'You-Know-Who did great things. Terrible, yes...but great.' though the intentionality of that reference is up for debate.

I don't have to like a man or say he didn't do terrible things to respect the great things he also did.

3 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

The entry was kind of in bad taste, honestly...and I'll leave it at that.

Honestly, I think it wasn't, but it required background to understand, which we didn't have until we got that clarification follow-up from Chloey. Without the background, it's pretty much a barely-disguised barrage against at least half the thread, but with it, it becomes more of a backstory for Chloey herself, explaining the reason she was so prickly about the round's Prompt, much like 'The Silent One' from forever ago, or the one from that one round, the one that was about the mother and her son, shoot I don't remember the name, but hopefully you get what I'm saying.

Edited by SoulWeaver
saved by Azure lol

3 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Looking from outside the moral perspective Hitler was absolutely one of the top five leaders in recent history(recent being last 100-200 years or so). The man picked a nation up after it got beat into the dirt at the end of World War I and managed to flip the situation to 'Make Germany Great Again,' turning them into one of the most feared nations on the planet. He was influential enough to have freaking Harry Potter indirectly reference him when Ollivander is speaking of Voldemort in Sorcerer's Stone, when he says that 'You-Know-Who did great things. Terrible, yes...but great.' though the intentionality of that reference is up for debate.

I don't have to like a man or say he didn't do terrible things to respect the great things he also did.

Huh, I see. I guess there is SOME similarity. I still don't think Trump is going to commit genocide, but yeah.

5 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Honestly, I think it wasn't, but it required background to understand, which we didn't have until we got that clarification follow-up from Chloey. Without the background, it's pretty much a barely-disguised barrage against at least half the thread, but with it, it becomes more of a backstory for Chloey herself, explaining the reason she was so prickly about the round's Prompt, much like 'The Silent One' from forever ago, or the one from that one round, the one that was about the mother and her son, shoot I don't remember the name, but hopefully you get what I'm saying.

If it requires background to understand, it really does look rude. Personally I think it's in bad taste for her to be prickly through her prompts like this, it's like she's stirring a pot and looking for a fight.

The Silent One, I felt was uncalled for, but that's just me.

1 minute ago, Dragoncat said:

If it requires background to understand, it really does look rude. Personally I think it's in bad taste for her to be prickly through her prompts like this, it's like she's stirring a pot and looking for a fight.

I agree with this, but I don't think we should drag it on for longer than needed.

Just now, Dragoncat said:

I mean. It's the internet. Chloey's 'bad taste' is quite refreshing after a day on Reddit.

I wasn't contesting whether it was called for, but I find these insights into Chloey's personality interesting, though this could be my worldbuilding character backstory lore enthusiast coming into play.