SF's "Write Your Butt Off" Competition HD II.5 Remix

AnonymousSpeed

Also excuse the double post, SF won’t allow me edit my post for whatever reason.

@DarthR0xas you just gotta better blend together the tsun to dere ratio. It is a vital aspect in writing any tsundere Severa especially. Still, I greatly enjoyed and frankly a little envious but that’s neither here nor there. Also no Wowaka reference? That’s a trademark of me at this point. The title itself is actually based on a line from unknown mother goose

Also that piece you were working on regarding “the sun’s gentle hands” entry intrigues me. I’ve actually been meaning to do a continuation of that one for a while now 

Edited by Ottservia

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Also excuse the double post, SF won’t allow me edit my post for whatever reason.

@DarthR0xas you just gotta better blend together the tsun to dere ratio. It is a vital aspect in writing any tsundere Severa especially. Still, I greatly enjoyed and frankly a little envious but that’s neither here nor there. Also no Wowaka reference? That’s a trademark of me at this point. The title itself is actually based on a line from unknown mother goose

Yeah, I admit I leaned pretty heavily into the dere side. I wanted to write more tsun in, but I just wasn't sure how to properly do that while still getting the emotion across. So I kinda just wrote it like, in that moment Severa was in a state of emotional openness and just really channeling her dere side. And then for the mother scene I was kinda trying to portray it like she had matured past being super tsun. But I'm really glad you enjoyed it.

Also, you're right. Gimme a sec to add a few Wowaka references 

2 minutes ago, DarthR0xas said:

Yeah, I admit I leaned pretty heavily into the dere side. I wanted to write more tsun in, but I just wasn't sure how to properly do that while still getting the emotion across. So I kinda just wrote it like, in that moment Severa was in a state of emotional openness and just really channeling her dere side. And then for the mother scene I was kinda trying to portray it like she had matured past being super tsun. But I'm really glad you enjoyed it.

Also, you're right. Gimme a sec to add a few Wowaka references 

It was handled really well I’ll admit and I was mostly joking about the tsun to dere ration it’s a minor nitpick anyway. As the self-proclaimed Ceo of loving Severa on this site I approve

3 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

It was handled really well I’ll admit and I was mostly joking about the tsun to dere ration it’s a minor nitpick anyway. As the self-proclaimed Ceo of loving Severa on this site I approve

Thank you, that means a lot. But yeah I threw in a few small Wowaka references. I decided to use this song, it seemed pretty fitting

Ngl, I did found the vampire prompt quite tempting. Even started writing a few paragraphs of what would've been a Castlevania related story. Then that was that.

11 hours ago, DarthR0xas said:

Thank you, that means a lot. But yeah I threw in a few small Wowaka references. I decided to use this song, it seemed pretty fitting

Also I dunno if you saw my previous post but if I didn’t know any better you snuck into my google docs and finished the half baked draft I had written myself of this very thing. I even had some of the same imagery with Severa crying by the river and everything. 

Just now, Ottservia said:

Also I dunno if you saw my previous post but if I didn’t know any better you snuck into my google docs and finished the half baked draft I had written myself of this very thing. I even had some of the same imagery with Severa crying by the river and everything. 

Great minds think alike, or something along those lines. Definitely didn't hack into your google docs account. Nope, no hacking here whatsoever.

On 8/22/2020 at 12:21 AM, Ottservia said:

I just kinda wanna write a fight scene now what old entry would allow me to do that? I have been a very big battle shounen mood as of late

Did you ever find a story you wanted to write a fight scene for?

I do have a story I want to do for this, but my free time is pretty limited right now and any time I do have goes into working on my hack 😕 Hmm I'll probably try to rush something out at the last minute.

4 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

SoulWeaver suggested 'Behold a Concept' back in round 10 if you were still looking.

I was thinking of suggesting that one, actually. Must be a good choice.

I hope you all get your entries done, but if you don't (even though you will), please do share with us what you were going to write and what you managed to get done of it.

On 8/22/2020 at 1:39 PM, AnonymousSpeed said:

We already have more entries than we did last round. Vampires truly are bottom tier.

Hey.

If the baby had come at 40 weeks instead of at 37-and-a-half.

I'd have had nothing for this round.

And I was prepared to do a full-length W40K piece with Space Vampires and "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!" and noise. 

Edited by Shoblongoo

This one was more fun to write than I originally thought it would be. It's an offshoot of @Anacybele's "A Knight's Duty".

Breathe, Once More!

Word count: 1,781

Spoiler

Robin’s lungs felt as heavy as cinder blocks as she continued to sink deeper into the endless dark ocean. The shimmering horizon above drifted away as the frozen world around her continued to slowly decay into the darkness. Where exactly was she? Was she dead? Or was she alive? She couldn’t quite tell. How did she even get here? The last thing she could remember was that she and Chrom were fighting Grima and then…

“MILORD, ROBIN!! LOOK OUT!!”

She could feel her lungs explode as those words echoed through her head. The images of that moment rushed through her head like an all-consuming torrential flood. It all happened so fast. One moment they were fighting, and the next, her face was splattered in blood as the man she loved collapsed in front of her.

She looked at her hands that were once drenched in her husband’s blood. Now they were nothing more than barely visible silhouettes outlined by the sun’s distant light.

“GRIMA. YOU WANT DESPAIR?! THEN YOU CAN HAVE IT!! I AM YOUR DESPAIR!!! I AM YOUR END!!!”

Her hands tightened into fists as she recalled those words. At that moment, she saw nothing but red. Nothing seemed to matter to her anymore except eradicating the one that took the one she loved away from her. She didn’t care about what happened just so long as she could satiate her vengeance. Her arms drifted back to her sides. Now here she was drowning in an endless dark ocean. She looked up to see that the surface was farther than before. Only a single beam of light seemed to peak through the darkness and hit her forehead.

“It hurts, doesn’t it?” She heard a dark malicious voice speak up.

She blinked only to see a reflection of herself with deep red eyes appear centimeters from her face. Those blood-red haunting eyes that gazed into her soul. Robin opened her mouth to speak only to find herself gasping for air. Her lungs seemed to shatter as she clasped her throat in a vain attempt to draw breath.

“Oh my, how amusing,” Her reflection said with a sinister smirk, “you think you have power here? Is that it?” She laughed, “how cute”

Robin’s face scrunched into a scowl as she continued to look into the mirror above her. Two hands seemed to reach out and cup her face from the mirror’s surface. Her blood continued to boil as she glared into those condescending and blood-red eyes. Her left hand twitched in irritation as it was enveloped in a bright purple glow.

“You should know by now, shouldn’t you?” Her reflection’s left hand glowed the same as hers as she brought their foreheads together, “That you are helpless in the face of despair, after all, we are the same, you and I” Her malicious smile only seemed to grow wider as those cold words left her lips.

Robin’s mind snapped at those words. The purple glow on her hand intensified as she reached into the mirror. Her fingers dug into the fabric of her reflection’s collar.

“So, you mean to defy me again, do you?” She said before letting out a maniacal laugh that echoed all across the dark abyss, “that cute expression on your face says it all! But can’t you see the fact that you’re here already proves that you cannot defy me”

Robin continued to glare into the mirror. What could she mean by that? What is this place? Why was she even here? And besides shouldn’t Grima be…

Her grip loosened a bit as those questions began to buzz through her head.

“You’re wondering why I’m here, aren’t you?” Her reflection spoke again, “I should be dead, right?”

Robin’s eyes went wide at those words.

How did she?!

“Like I said, we are one and the same, you and I” She let out a dark chuckle, “You are helpless in the face of despair even in the end you gave into those wild emotions”

Robin gasped as she realized the meaning behind her words. Her lungs once again exploded as she struggled for breath once more. Like a fish out of water, her body flailed around helplessly. Her chest felt tight like it was about to burst. She could feel her lungs screaming for air as a flood of water rushed down her throat. Her arms flailed around wildly trying to grasp at something, anything to pull herself out but she found nothing but water. Even the mirror seemed to have shattered, the shards scattered to the surrounding darkness.

A maniacal laugh once again rang across the ocean depths.

“How pathetic!” She heard a familiar voice speak up, “What do you hope to accomplish flailing around like that?! It’s useless! You and I are trapped here! The only escape is to accept that you and I are the same! Give into this suffocating despair and become one with me once more so you don’t have to breathe any longer”

“We are the same, you and I” Her reflection repeated once again, “The pain, the anguish, the anger, and despair you feel, I feel as well! So succumb to those feelings once again so that we may rise once more! And kill all those who caused us this pain!”

Robin stopped her flailing as she continued to sink ever deeper. For a moment, her body laid still as she looked up towards the surface covered in darkness. Her reflection was right. They were one and the same. She did give into her hate at the end. She repeated the same mistake she did before. She didn’t kill Grima. She merely delayed the inevitable. She hasn’t changed at all. She is still the same person who succumbed to her despair back in the ruinous future. Once again, she failed to save the one she loved. What purpose is there in life without him. Might as well just destroy it all and be rid of this pain forever.

slowly, her eyes began to close. She was a fool for trying to breathe at all and invite this endless pain. All it takes for it to stop is to stop breathing one last time. Then maybe she can finally be with him once again.

“No, don’t!” Her eyes shot open at the sound of a familiar voice

That voice?! Could it be?!

“Don’t listen to her words,” The voice spoke again as she felt a hand press up against her back, “The woman I loved would never succumb to her own weakness like that, after all, it was you who gave me the strength to overcome mine”

“Freddy” She squeaked out amidst the endless abyss.

“That’s right, our mom would never make the same mistake twice” She heard her two kids say as two more more hands pressed against her back.

“You really think our bonds so flimsy that you would abandon them so quickly” She heard Chrom speak up.

“Yeah my brother’s right! It’s not time for you to die just yet there are people waiting for you! People who need you!”

Lissa’s voice rang into her ears as more hands began to press up against her back. Slowly, she felt herself being pushed to the surface as the voices of all her friends began to fill her ears.

“It isn’t time for us to meet just yet” Her husband spoke up again, “You still have ties strong enough to that world and it’s too early for you to let go of them now so go and breathe once more! For me! Our children! And, everyone else!”

With those final words, Robin felt her body rocket to the surface. She closed her eyes as the bright light stung at her eyes.

----

“Chrom, we have to do something” Lissa’s voice picked at her ears as she slowly began to open her eyes.

Robin squinted as the harsh sunlight assaulted her eyes. She blinked as the blurry world began to shift into focus.

“What do you propose we do?” She heard Chrom speak up.

“Uh...I dunno!”

The two then glanced down at Robin.

“I see you’re awake now” Chrom said as he put out his hand, “There are better places to take a nap than on the ground, you know. Now give me your hand”

Robin grabbed Chrom’s hand and was pulled to her feet.

“Welcome back” He said with a soft smile, “It’s over now”

“Yep” Lissa said with a wide smile.

“Thanks, Chrom” She smiled back.

Robin quickly looked behind the two royals. Her heart sunk as she saw no one standing in the space behind them. Her eyes dropped to the floor as a light breeze brushed through her hair.

“I’m sorry...” Chrom said as he put a hand on Robin’s shoulder.

For a moment, there was nothing but silence as the light summer breeze passed by them.

“It would’ve been his birthday, today” Lissa finally spoke up.

“Yeah...” Robin said as she stood there in the light of sun’s warm gentle rays. For a moment, she saw him standing there like he once did on that fateful day.

-----

“It’s called a load of pegasus dung” Frederick bluntly said as he shot Robin a stern look, “We’re to believe you remember milord’s name, but not your own?”

Robin flinched at those words, “B-But it’s the truth!”

“What if it IS true, Frederick?” Chrom turned to his retainer, “We can’t just leave her here, alone and confused! What kind of shepherds would we be then?”

“Just the same, milord. I must emphasize caution” He said with a sigh, “‘Twould not do to let a wolf into our flock”

“Right then” Chrom put his hands to his hips, “We’ll take her back to town and sort this out there”

“W-Wait, don’t I get a say in this?” Robin asked.

“Peace friend” Chrom smiled at her, “I promise we’ll have all you have to say back in town”

-----

Tears began to stream down her face as she recalled the day they met.

“Robin, are you gonna be alright?” Lissa asked as she looked up at her with her clear blue eyes.

“I’ll be fine,” Robin wiped the tears from her eyes, “Thanks, Lissa,” she said with a smile.

“Are you sure?” Chrom asked.

Robin nodded, “So let’s just go, alright”

“Right,” Chrom said with a soft smile.

------

The warm summer breeze brushed through Robin’s snow white hair as she finished placing her flowers. She wiped a few more tears from her face before looking back down at the large tombstone in front of her.

“Thank you, Freddy-bear” She said with a soft smile before taking a bite of bear jerky and walked away.

Author notes:

Spoiler

So I've been in a bit of shounen mood recently and was listening to some old Naruto openings and came across this one:

and so I wanted to write something inspired by it and Ana's story seemed to fit what I wanted to do perfectly. Or at the very least it had all the pieces for it. I'm not entirely sure how to feel about this one though. I'm not very good at writing romance least of all FrederickxRobin but I think I got across the ideas I wanted to. Those ideas being similar to that of the song I based it off of which is the idea of drowning in an ocean of despair. You flail around helplessly lost and confused. You don't where you are or what to do but sometimes you just gotta keep fighting despite all that just to get that single breath of air. That said, I feel it is a little lacking in substance in areas but I was on a bit of a time crunch with this one. Oh well I hope you enjoy it regardless.

1 minute ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Lol I said nothing of the sort XD I just liked the emotional impact it gave.

I know I was just impulsively saying that because I felt like it but thanks for the kind words.