SF's "Write Your Butt Off" Competition HD II.5 Remix

AnonymousSpeed

8 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Yeah that's a huge problem, actually. It's why I don't watch a lot of historical fiction films. Gives ya wrong impressions.

Oh, totally. We watched (well, I really dislike violent movies, so I read a summary) a movie about...the 3rd crusade? The one with Saladin, the one guy in all eight and a half crusades who had a brain. Regardless, it was full of historical inaccuracies and other weird stuff, such as an untrained blacksmith (who I think was also either completely added in or was butchered by the movie) being able to survive a shipwreck then defeat a mounted, trained muslim knight directly after that. Among other bad decisions.

8 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

The world is full of degenerates whose company is more a burden than anything else, but that makes those few decent friends all the more precious. In this miserable world where you have no allies and are beset by enemies on all sides, don't you at least want a friend?

Yeah, I'm with anon on this one; no person is an island, y'know? It can be hard to get along, but just being totally alone is not good for mental health. Speaking from experience.

And this reminds me of this gem of a song by Simon and Garfunkel. Truly a classic.

Edited by Benice

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Look, you get the idea.

16 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Let me know if I missed anything.

I mean, you technically didn't link to the one I just posted, but yeah, pretty much. Depending on how crazy you want to make it, you could technically link in Bullcrap Lifehack and Crimeany due to the concept of all the Askrs being connected. I may have to add that to my sig actually.

also you madlad I didn't see that note until just now, you have a DA?

35 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Also, you're foolish to put value in other people having faith in you.

you dare say this on a FIRE EMBLEM forum worm

I mean, I get it, but at the same time, what do you even strive for if not human connection and love, if not in this life then the next?

37 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Look, you get the idea.

Eh.

3 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

I mean, you technically didn't link to the one I just posted, but yeah, pretty much. Depending on how crazy you want to make it, you could technically link in Bullcrap Lifehack and Crimeany due to the concept of all the Askrs being connected. I may have to add that to my sig actually.

I just ended up linking the one you just posted. Not really sure why I edited what is effectively a random post and not a proper repository.

also you madlad I didn't see that note until just now, you have a DA?

I don't really use it, but yes.

I mean, I get it, but at the same time, what do you even strive for if not human connection and love, if not in this life then the next?

To be a good person.

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

9 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

In this miserable world where you have no allies and are beset by enemies on all sides, don't you at least want a friend?

No. Because I find through experience that the only person you can truly rely on is yourself. I'm tired of the arguments and the pain and the misery that's come with trying to have and keep friends.

9 hours ago, Benice said:

It can be hard to get along, but just being totally alone is not good for mental health.

I'm pretty happy, honestly. In fact, I've not been better mentally. The pandemic and all aside, that is. But that's nothing to do with being alone.

8 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

To make a career out of designing and use my earnings to travel the country. I can do that by myself, I don't need friends. And if I want any kind of companionship, I'll get a dog I can travel with. Animals are far better than people. Your pet doesn't judge or argue or anything. They love you no matter what. They're just grateful that you're there for them.

7 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I'm mildly disappointed no one found something to write about from mine lol.  I guess they either don't appeal or there's too much predictability in them.  Lol Grima XD

Well, the setting you mostly write about features a character based very heavily on you, which might have made some people feel a bit uncomfortable about it.

30 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

No. Because I find through experience that the only person you can truly rely on is yourself. I'm tired of the arguments and the pain and the misery that's come with trying to have and keep friends.

Look, I'm not saying to rely financially on people or invite them to your house but some kindly associates are at least useful. People you enjoy talking to are friends.

19 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Like I said anime villain 

Y'all watchin' too much anime that's what be fillin' your heads with all these silly ideas.

3 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Look, I'm not saying to rely financially on people or invite them to your house but some kindly associates are at least useful. People you enjoy talking to are friends.

Until those people stop being enjoyable to talk to and no longer feel like friends. Or just stop talking to you at all for no apparent reason! This is the kind of thing I'm talking about. Too many times, I thought people were friends when they weren't, for various reasons. So I don't want to risk being hurt like that anymore.

Edited by Anacybele

So, it’s been around 24 hours.

I made enough progress to where the climax of my piece is the next thing I write. After that will be an ending scene I would have made more progress on if I made the time to make this progress earlier.

I might also go to others to see what must be revised and the like all the while.

39 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Until those people stop being enjoyable to talk to and no longer feel like friends. Or just stop talking to you at all for no apparent reason! This is the kind of thing I'm talking about. Too many times, I thought people were friends when they weren't, for various reasons. So I don't want to risk being hurt like that anymore.

You should watch/read Naruto cause there’s a character in there I feel like you would relate to extremely well. 

Just now, Ottservia said:

You should watch/read Naruto cause there’s a character in there I feel like you would relate to extremely well. 

I've seen a little of that show before. I'm not really into it.

Just now, Anacybele said:

I've seen a little of that show before. I'm not really into it.

Really? Cause what you’re saying reminds me a lot of Sasuke. Then again considering the type of things you write you’re more of a shoujo person anyway. *shrug* it was an attempt 

I think the sheer length of the show (Naruto + Shippuden) would be a bit much for me right now, even without any filler.

I’m also more interested in watching things like JoJo and some other anime on my list, too.

I need to update that list.

14 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Really? Cause what you’re saying reminds me a lot of Sasuke. Then again considering the type of things you write you’re more of a shoujo person anyway. *shrug* it was an attempt 

Oh god, Sasuke? Don't bring him up to me, he's one of the characters I hated. Him and Sakura. I don't actually entirely remember all of why I don't like them, but I do recall the former being too dark and edgy for my liking and Sakura just being annoying.

I liked Naruto himself, and Kakashi. That was it. I didn't watch much though, so maybe if I had, I would've disliked certain characters less, but the show just didn't give much of a first impression on me and I don't care to see anymore of it.

25 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh god, Sasuke? Don't bring him up to me, he's one of the characters I hated. Him and Sakura. I don't actually entirely remember all of why I don't like them, but I do recall the former being too dark and edgy for my liking and Sakura just being annoying.

I liked Naruto himself, and Kakashi. That was it. I didn't watch much though, so maybe if I had, I would've disliked certain characters less, but the show just didn't give much of a first impression on me and I don't care to see anymore of it.

Hey look I’m just saying Sasuke’s entire character arc revolves around cutting off his bonds to gain strength. He feels friendship is nothing more than a weakness and would rather be alone. Because he’s been shown time and time again that making connections with others will only end in failure and more pain which sounds eerily similar to certain things you’ve said recently.

Edited by Ottservia

20 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Hey look I’m just saying Sasuke’s entire character arc revolves around cutting off his bonds to gain strength. He feels friendship is nothing more than a weakness and would rather be alone. Because he’s been shown time and time again that making connections with others will only end in failure and more pain which sounds eerily similar to certain things you’ve said recently.

Fine, but you have to remember that this is a TV show. Just because he failed doesn't mean I will. I've been succeeding alone so far, in fact. Making great progress on my graphics communications degree which I've done all on my own. I did have trouble finding a good job that wouldn't have to quit for whatever reason, but I have one now, and though it was due in part to my mom's assistance, she pretty much only did what I would've done anyway. And besides that, that was my mom, not any friend. Family is a bit of a different thing for me.

And not every person gets married and has a group of friends anyway. My Aunt Karen doesn't. She's single and just has her small dog and family members, generally.

Edited by Anacybele

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Golly gee, you ain't married to 'em or anything, if you don't feel like friends anymore you aren't obligated to them or anything. Don't invest your sense of self worth in mortal men but don't throw them away entirely.

2 hours ago, Azure loves his Half Elves said:

So, it’s been around 24 hours.

You're good fam, get it finished up, shop's still open.

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I mean, if you watch Naruto and somehow don't like Kakashi, there's just something wrong with you, so you liking him was a given anyways. I haven't touched a single episode of the show and I think that dude's beast.

Sakura gets a pass because she's voiced by Lissa. Who also voices best girl Fuuko. And surprisingly Serra, apparently.

8 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Well, the setting you mostly write about features a character based very heavily on you, which might have made some people feel a bit uncomfortable about it.

Y'all watchin' too much anime that's what be fillin' your heads with all these silly ideas.

Not particularly actually, they're more people I know (unless it's the Grima fics and yeah, I'm more noticeable there and maybe the two where I really go into past things), or characters I've had for a while (Yuganna lol) or the obvious Awakening ones in Caleb (essentially Male Robin).  But that said I can see some of it being a bit off putting at times.  Though I would have thought that some of them would be fun to do is all.  Especially since I had a lot of antics in the vampire round and threw in some fun little Easter eggs to be found.

Update. It is done.

I hope to make an unofficial official expansion to this some time in the future. As it stands, though, this is my work.

Black, White, and Crimson:

Words: 4,099

Based off of: @Ottservia’s Always Left Behind

25 minutes ago, Azure loves his Half Elves said:

Update. It is done.

Poll is up. Entry is over. I'm glad you all enjoyed this round.

25 minutes ago, Azure loves his Half Elves said:

Black, White, and Crimson:

What's black and white and red all over?