SF's "Write Your Butt Off" Competition HD II.5 Remix

AnonymousSpeed

3 minutes ago, DarthR0xas said:

Well technically there's still 2 hours left in the voting, so something could happen. But I do already have a prompt picked out for the next round whenever y'all are ready.

Also @Shoblongoo if you don't mind me asking, why'd you pick my entry over the others? Just curious.

If I had to wager a guess it was probably because it essentially fixed the problem he had with my original fic. Can’t say that I blame him. My original fic did feel a tad on the incomplete side

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, DarthR0xas said:

Well technically there's still 2 hours left in the voting, so something could happen. But I do already have a prompt picked out for the next round whenever y'all are ready.

Oh boy can't wait. I be itchin' to update my excel sheet work on a new story with a cool inspirational core.

On 9/3/2020 at 1:16 PM, AnonymousSpeed said:

unknown.png

Blue represents wins.

Orange represents non-winning entries which were eligible to win ("participating entries").

It turns out I am actually slightly more meta than Soul- I have more wins and a higher win-PE ratio.

I have a spreadsheet if there are further questions.

Do winds in this count ties? Or is the winner the prompt maker via the "least recent" ruling?

3 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Do winds in this count ties? Or is the winner the prompt maker via the "least recent" ruling?

"Winning" a tie is still counted as a simple win in this data. Since the polls are shut down I can't easily collect that sort of data.

1 minute ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

"Winning" a tie is still counted as a simple win in this data. Since the polls are shut down I can't easily collect that sort of data.

Does the Wayback machine work?

14 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

It might, though it'd have to get information from a fairly narrow window of time to be accurate.

Well I'm sure reading the comments of the time would give rise to the answer, we would obviously say "oh look it's a tie, since X won more recently than Y, Y is the winner".  Though finding those comments would take an awful lot of effort for something none of us really cares that much about.

Edited by Jotari

I could definitely work with that. Though it's kinda broad. But it gives me an excuse to use a Heroes setting for a change! At the same time though, I could still go with a number of scenarios here. lol

Time to say that I'll have an entry then not come up with anything! Don't have a clear idea of what to do, but maybe it'll be a one in a million!

2 hours ago, DarthR0xas said:

Great. I was kinda surprised this prompt hadn't been done yet, I checked every past round just to make sure.

A character is transported into a different world. What happens?

Bruh.

1 hour ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

It is done. I'm sure Soul is very happy.

“Wait, where am I? Write a piece about a character(s) who suddenly find themselves in another world.”

-from my future Prompts list.

The real problem is I have so many ideas for this, with not lots of motivation.

2 hours ago, DarthR0xas said:

Great. I was kinda surprised this prompt hadn't been done yet, I checked every past round just to make sure.

A character is transported into a different world. What happens?

Isekai huh maybe I can write a better one than the one I did before. How degenerate can I be with this one I wonder?

I was hoping I had enough time to give out critiques for the previous round, but oh well.

I’m unsure about my ability to write a fic write now. I’ll get to one when I have the time, but it’s not a guarantee.

2 hours ago, Azure loves his Half Elves said:

I was hoping I had enough time to give out critiques for the previous round, but oh well.

I’m unsure about my ability to write a fic write now. I’ll get to one when I have the time, but it’s not a guarantee.

I mean, there’s no time limit on critiques, you could technically go back and critique pieces from the original WYBO competition if you wanted.

Also @Jotari, to address your critique, pretty much pronounce it like you were trying to say “prop a Canada” but with a G. As for how it was resolved, if you go back and look at Anon’s piece referenced here, “The Chromspiracy,” you’ll notice the post says it has been edited at some point. The concept of the piece is that originally Anon posted it in video format, with himself reading the script, including actually coming up with the thirty-some-odd different pronunciations of Anna that can be seen in the current post. Basically, Annanymous hacked the post(and the site the vid was posted to) and removed the video, leaving only the written work. They then dealt with Anon himself by sending him a convincingly-rendered trailer of an official Megaman Battle network 7 game, and his poor heart overloaded with joy, killing him on the spot.

also nobody got the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen reference how do any of you call yourself refined smh

10 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

I mean, there’s no time limit on critiques, you could technically go back and critique pieces from the original WYBO competition if you wanted.

Also @Jotari, to address your critique, pretty much pronounce it like you were trying to say “prop a Canada” but with a G. As for how it was resolved, if you go back and look at Anon’s piece referenced here, “The Chromspiracy,” you’ll notice the post says it has been edited at some point. The concept of the piece is that originally Anon posted it in video format, with himself reading the script, including actually coming up with the thirty-some-odd different pronunciations of Anna that can be seen in the current post. Basically, Annanymous hacked the post(and the site the vid was posted to) and removed the video, leaving only the written work. They then dealt with Anon himself by sending him a convincingly-rendered trailer of an official Megaman Battle network 7 game, and his poor heart overloaded with joy, killing him on the spot.

also nobody got the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen reference how do any of you call yourself refined smh

You pronounce propaganda with a C?

1 minute ago, Jotari said:

You pronounce propaganda with a C?

No, he's saying the inflections are the same as "propa-" + "Canada," except you say "Ganada." More or less. ProgagAnnada.

20 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Aw yeah, time for some...

Best idea put forth so far, you should do it.

10 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

They then dealt with Anon himself by sending him a convincingly-rendered trailer of an official Megaman Battle network 7 game, and his poor heart overloaded with joy, killing him on the spot.

That's what they think.

No I think we all got it, it was just kinda obvious so I didn't feel like I had to point it out.

3 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Best idea put forth so far, you should do it.

Yeah, well... not gonna happen, sorry.

I mean, if I were to really write for this, I have other ideas I'd want to use over Skyrim. Even so,  if I did anyway I wouldn't want to write it with the Helgen sequence and stuff. Funny as the meme is the sequence itself is also a bit... overdone? Heck, mods exist to give the game a different beginning, even. Anyway, I just think it's more interesting writing from an aftermath perspective, with the character already acclimatized and/or dealing with some issue long after their arrival. Instead of writing the arrival itself.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

On 9/3/2020 at 2:16 PM, AnonymousSpeed said:

unknown.png

Blue represents wins.

Orange represents non-winning entries which were eligible to win ("participating entries").

It turns out I am actually slightly more meta than Soul- I have more wins and a higher win-PE ratio.

I have a spreadsheet if there are further questions.

I had no idea I'd done that many entries...

My goodness. O.o