SF's "Write Your Butt Off" Competition HD II.5 Remix

AnonymousSpeed

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I uh...fixed Unintended Consequences too...

Nice. Editing is very important. At least, so I'm told.

Unfortunately it does not look like any entries have been submitted this round. We have eight hours left, but if no one submits anything, I'm not sure what the proper course of action would be. It might be a good time to put the competition on pause, given how slow things have been recently.

23 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Man, my prompt was that bad it killed the thread, huh...

It wasn't bad, I've just had a lot of unfinished projects to work on, thus have been too busy to actually work on something for the theme.

I just haven't been active on the forums in general recently and I blame One Piece and school for that. Yeah these past couple of months I've read through the entirety of One Piece. Yeah all 1000 chapters and counting. I need help....

Edited by Ottservia

Just now, AnonymousSpeed said:

So, uh...what do you do with no entries, then? I'm taking suggestions.

How about everyone (who wants to) nominates a prompt and we vote on it? Democracy!

1 minute ago, Benice said:

How about everyone (who wants to) nominates a prompt and we vote on it? Democracy!

even though I haven’t submitted a single entry. I told Acacia Sgt I would be willing to though!

2 hours ago, Benice said:

I kind of like it, but at that point I wonder why we don't just let people do whatever prompt they feel like. Nothing wrong with suggestions at that point, but if you're going to decentralize you might as go all the way.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

The very first prompt was basically an "Anything goes!"

So... a return to form in light that there's no winner to decide, then?

Sounds good to me.  I have a small project that might fit into it.

That's good enough for me. Our next prompt will be, "Anything goes! Feel free to make suggestions." They might provide people with some inspiration.

I've set the countdown for its usual two weeks, but you guys let me know if you'd like me to add what would have been our judging period.

Oof, sorry @Shrimperor - I had a thing, but I haven't had access to a computer since I came up with it so that kind of fell apart. I'll try to finish it up and post it for your enjoyment anyways.

23 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

So, uh...what do you do with no entries, then? I'm taking suggestions.

I would suggest allowing the last prompter to come up with another try - the voting system or Back To Round One is nice, but it kind of backstabs anyone who comes up with a prompt that people happen to not like - all I have to do is convince everyone else to not expend any effort for two weeks and then do whatever I happen to feel like any time I didn't like someone's idea.

1 hour ago, SoulWeaver said:

Oof, sorry @Shrimperor - I had a thing, but I haven't had access to a computer since I came up with it so that kind of fell apart. I'll try to finish it up and post it for your enjoyment anyways

No problem no problem

And i am looking forward to it!

4 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

I would suggest allowing the last prompter to come up with another try - the voting system or Back To Round One is nice, but it kind of backstabs anyone who comes up with a prompt that people happen to not like - all I have to do is convince everyone else to not expend any effort for two weeks and then do whatever I happen to feel like any time I didn't like someone's idea.

That seems like an unlikely scenario. A real conspiracybro would submit an 11th hour 59th minute low quality entry to ensure victory by default, which maybe I should have done.

I understand that this might disappoint people whose prompts are neglected either due to bad timing or unpopularity, but I don't think giving them a second chance is any less arbitrary or any more unfair than moving on and treating them like any other contestant. Things happen, you know?