AnonymousSpeed

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Maof06 said:

I'm not even on that list.

Yeah, should be grounds for a ban!

I wouldn't be surprised if one-or-two-offs are simply that statistically insignificant.

I mean, I'd be a two-off, and I'm there. Which is hilarious seeing that 50% win rate because, yeah, I only won one of those two times... because no one else participated.

On second thought, maybe I should also be out of that list, it's just too depressing to be reminded of that.

Welp, this truly is sad, but I suppose it was warranted all the same. My apologies for my own recent lack of participation, I was going to write for this last round then randomly got quite sick for 3 days, which kind of knocked everything around, and now I'm just obsessively listening to the Book III Boss Theme on repeat while playing eXceed.

...so how long until WYBO III releases, then?

18 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

Welp, this truly is sad, but I suppose it was warranted all the same. My apologies for my own recent lack of participation, I was going to write for this last round then randomly got quite sick for 3 days, which kind of knocked everything around, and now I'm just obsessively listening to the Book III Boss Theme on repeat while playing eXceed.

Depends on the level of interest and the participation rate this time.

On 5/11/2021 at 5:30 AM, Jotari said:

Yeah, sorry I wasn't more involved in the most recent rounds. I did check the prompts semi frequently, but nothing ever struck with easy inspiration. And insofar as just forcing myself to write in general, I've been having a hard time even on my personal projects.  Kind of feel bad that I didn't contribute at least a little more frequently to help keep the thing afloat.

While the stated purpose of the contest was to "force" people, I don't think there's much merit in writing something you don't want to. To be honest, the thing which probably hurt the floating of the thread the most is the lack of feedback given during the review phase. I certainly bear some responsibility for that, and I understand that it can be hard to feel engaged in a writing exchange when people don't actual converse about the stories.

On 5/11/2021 at 7:09 PM, Maof06 said:

I'm not even on that list.

On 5/11/2021 at 10:06 PM, eclipse said:

Yeah, should be grounds for a ban!

You guys aren't in the charts, but you are on the sheet. Everyone who contributed at least one story (even if it was a non-participant entry) has been included in the Google Sheet, but I only put more regular posters on the charts. Otherwise they would have been very long due to the addition of 20 more bars which all sat around zero.

On 5/11/2021 at 10:16 PM, Acacia Sgt said:

I mean, I'd be a two-off, and I'm there. Which is hilarious seeing that 50% win rate because, yeah, I only won one of those two times... because no one else participated.

It's, uh...the measures are not the most robust, but that is one of the reasons I put the "total win rate" in. A measure of how well you did in more competitive rounds could be interesting though, I wish I'd thought of that. Maybe I'll brainstorm the formula for such a thing for fun one day.

Now, even though you didn't write many stories, I still included you because you've been an active poster more recently, even when you haven't submitted something. There were equally active posters I left off- heck, Rafiel's Ara actually wrote more stories than you and was pretty active for a while, but just hasn't been around for so long it seemed more appropriate to leave them off the list. I also think one or two of the one-off participants may have one the round they entered, giving them hilarious 100% win rates.

On 5/11/2021 at 10:41 PM, SoulWeaver said:

A return to normalcy and six months.

So I'll see y'all in four and a half years. EDIT: The mystic in me suddenly awakened and remembered to break this off in the name of Jesus, Hallelujah Amen.

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

7 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

While the stated purpose of the contest was to "force" people, I don't think there's much merit in writing something you don't want to. To be honest, the thing which probably hurt the floating of the thread the most is the lack of feedback given during the review phase. I certainly bear some responsibility for that, and I understand that it can be hard to feel engaged in a writing exchange when people don't actual converse about the stories.

That was the case for me.

I also think one or two of the one-off participants may have one the round they entered, giving them hilarious 100% win rates.

Me.

On 5/12/2021 at 3:07 PM, TheSilentChloey said:

Depends on the level of interest and the participation rate this time.

22 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

A return to normalcy and six months.

So I'll see y'all in four and a half years. EDIT: The mystic in me suddenly awakened and remembered to break this off in the name of Jesus, Hallelujah Amen.

Only four and a half? I give it longer than that.

In all seriousness, I think I might go back and try to write for each round at this point. I've already had an idea for the First Day Of A Job one that I started earlier today. We'll see how that goes.

11 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

In all seriousness, I think I might go back and try to write for each round at this point. I've already had an idea for the First Day Of A Job one that I started earlier today. We'll see how that goes.

I look forward to seeing it.  Plus there's also the catch up game in ST lol.

1 minute ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Plus there's also the catch up game in ST lol.

...oh...right...yeah, definitely didn't...forget about that...ahem...

To be honest, that may be tricky to actually do - my current iPod, being somewhat restricted in its available functions, can't download Docs, meaning I can't do it on mobile unless I copy the entire thing into an email and send it to myself. As for the actual comp, for some reason it has recently decided to be absolutely retarded, and now basically doesn't load my email or Docs at least half of the time.

I'm working on trying to fix this situation, but it's a bit difficult when the only response I get when I ask if I can use the computer to find a new iPod is basically 'but aren't you glad you no longer have to spend time on it every single day?' Like yes, ok, not feeling forced to get on and check everything is nice, but in the meantime I still have to deal with the fact that I missed three Banners with Lif, Winter Hilda, Spring Severa, a free Forma Soul and Lynja, multiple Refines, apparently an Ishtar Merge because she was part of the most recent round of Limited Combat Manuals, every single post on DA I might have been interested in within the last six months or so, any opportunity to have any writing of mine available on both mobile and comp, etc., etc.

TLDR I'll try to get back to that, but it actually is looking pretty unlikely at this point. If I can manage to get my hands on a new device to work on Docs with I'll let you know.

I'd say, that wouldn't be a bad idea to do. Perhaps I might actually do it, without the pressure of the competition and deadline aspects of the thread serving as discouragement.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Grab random prompts and write?  Yeah, I might do that too.  Maybe.  Would be fun to shove really random characters in there just to see how they'd react.

Amazing. All I had to do to generate interest was cancel the competition. It's so obvious! How did I not see it before?

21 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

TLDR I'll try to get back to that, but it actually is looking pretty unlikely at this point. If I can manage to get my hands on a new device to work on Docs with I'll let you know.

When's your birthday?

7 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Amazing. All I had to do to generate interest was cancel the competition. It's so obvious! How did I not see it before?

When's your birthday?

Please tell me that's a joke lol

When's your birthday?

People want what they cannot have.

On 5/16/2021 at 9:28 PM, AnonymousSpeed said:

When's your birthday?

Eh, end of January.

Really I could go out and buy a new thing, the problem is that I suck at budgeting and am trying to get better with my money, meaning no, I couldn't go out and buy a new thing.

If anyone gets bored enough to collect all the topics in a post/separate doc, you'll have my eternal thanks?  I might write a short or two if I have enough free time.

24 minutes ago, eclipse said:

If anyone gets bored enough to collect all the topics in a post/separate doc, you'll have my eternal thanks?  I might write a short or two if I have enough free time.

All the prompts are in the spoiler tabs in the opening post.

52 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

All the prompts are in the spoiler tabs in the opening post.

Oooh, thanks!  I'll give it a whirl One Day.  Probably after I beat everything up in SRW T.