SF's "Write Your Butt Off" Competition HD II.5 Remix

AnonymousSpeed

Just now, Jotari said:

I understand that if someone is dead to you then your reaction should be a complete and utter lack of care at their actual death.

This is probably what Ana was going for, the guy didn't care because his abusers were dead to him.  And there is nothing wrong with reacting the way he did, which you harped on about.

Honestly I feel his reaction is justified, understandable even, but that's because the feelings I have are mutual.  I might not wish death upon my abusers but if I find out they died, I'd celebrate it to be honest because they finally got what they deserved after all of the torment they put me through.  And I would react in basically the same manner as Ana described.

Does that inherently make me a massive bitch then?  No it doesn't.  Just because you think and knee jerked to "OMG Kieran is a massive dick." Doesn't mean that Kieran is a massive dick, Ana is right, you were kind of rude there.

Also Otts' call may or may not be fitting with how Ana intended the story to go.  I felt it was good, she wanted to show her characters her way and while not everyone agrees with how they handle the situation, it's how she saw them handle the situation.  And a writer will almost always draw on personal experiences to leap from, be they good or bad.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Well he also said huzzah and the reason they were useless is because they both died.

Still doesn't mean he's actually celebrating their deaths.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Still doesn't mean he's actually celebrating their deaths.

That's what huzzah means though. It's saying yay something good has happened.

5 minutes ago, Jotari said:

That's what huzzah means though. It's saying yay something good has happened.

Yeah, and that "something good" is not their deaths. It's having proven someone wrong.

I mean, regardless of whether it's right or wrong to say huzzah, I'm willing to let it slide because it's in character for Kieran to talk that way.

4 hours ago, Jotari said:

I understand that if someone is dead to you then your reaction should be a complete and utter lack of care at their actual death.

I mean not necessarily. Dealing with the idea of death and loss is a very complex and nuanced thing. No one is going to react the same way to it cause people are indeed different. Different people will react differently to any given scenario or situation. Dealing with the loss of an abusive family member is an even more complicated feeling than that. I’ve had friends and even other family members go through this sort of thing and they’ve all said the same thing in that they have no idea how to feel about it. Again no two people are gonna have the same reaction to anything which is why I find comparison of this kind in regards to character analysis to be a moot point. There is no “wrong” way to react to trauma and to suggest otherwise is simply insensitive. People are different we all have our own coping mechanisms and ways to deal with the harsh world around us and we shouldn’t invalidate those things simply because we don’t understand them.

also holy shit did @Anacybele and @TheSilentChloey just agree on something?!

Edited by Ottservia

32 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

I mean not necessarily. Dealing with the idea of death and loss is a very complex and nuanced thing. No one is going to react the same way to it cause people are indeed different. Different people will react differently to any given scenario or situation. Dealing with the loss of an abusive family member is an even more complicated feeling than that. I’ve had friends and even other family members go through this sort of thing and they’ve all said the same thing in that they have no idea how to feel about it. Again no two people are gonna have the same reaction to anything which is why I find comparison of this kind in regards to character analysis to be a moot point. There is no “wrong” way to react to trauma and to suggest otherwise is simply insensitive. People are different we all have our own coping mechanisms and ways to deal with the harsh world around us and we shouldn’t invalidate those things simply because we don’t understand them.

also holy shit did @Anacybele and @TheSilentChloey just agree on something?!

We've agreed on things before Otts.

13 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Yeah but it’s still rare to not see you guys hissing at each other constantly. It’s just a pleasant surprise is all

7 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Yeah but it’s still rare to not see you guys hissing at each other constantly. It’s just a pleasant surprise is all

LOL

I'm sorry dying of laughter over here lol!

8 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Yeah, but you gotta admit it's pretty rare that we do. lol

Edited by Anacybele

Anyway rolling out the last bit of feedback:

@AnonymousSpeed

I dunno what the hell I read but it was certainly entertaining. I don’t really much else to say. This story was wacky and ridiculous but in a good way. It was definitely a refreshing change of pace.

@TheSilentChloey

not bad, rushed definitely but not bad. I’ll also say it’s a bit heavy handed I guess as I said with shob’s entry last round that’s a bit of a nitpick. I feel like my main issue with this one is that it just feels rushed and unfocussed. I’m not docking too many points for that cause in all likelihood it was rushed and unfocused. Still, it was an interesting idea anyway.

also whoops I made a little bit of a tie. Honestly it was really tough choice between Jotari, Azure, and Soul here. I went with Azure’s simply because I felt it was the most complete story.

Edited by Ottservia

24 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

SoulWeaver won a couple of rounds ago, so @Azure loves his Half Elves is the winner of this round.

Aight.

So, what I have thought up is simple enough.

One of the focal points of your entry needs to be vampires. Just vampires.

5 hours ago, Azure loves his Half Elves said:

Aight.

So, what I have thought up is simple enough.

One of the focal points of your entry needs to be vampires. Just vampires.

* immediately thinks of Vlad the impaler from fate apocrypha* never again never again.

In all seriousness it has been a while since I dropped that show maybe I should give it a rewatch. Seeing Astolfo again will make it worth it at least.

I probably won’t submit anything this round. Vampires just aren’t my thing although hmm actually I may have a funny idea formulating in my head.

Edited by Ottservia