SF's "Write Your Butt Off" Competition HD II.5 Remix

AnonymousSpeed

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

I’m sorry I just haven’t been in the best place mentally recently least of all today. I haven’t felt this worthless in a while

Oof.  If you need anyone to talk to, I'm happy to help how I can.  Hopefully you find the good mental space soon Otts.

19 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

I’m sorry I just haven’t been in the best place mentally recently least of all today. I haven’t felt this worthless in a while

Oh geez. I'm so sorry. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help!

Plus, at least you're not me. I've missed, what, I think this makes five prompts in a row now? And also the SF ruins fire emblem... And also the FE6 succession run... And my own LP...

Zoinks, I really need to get my act together.

Edited by Benice

22 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Otts, I'm a little worried. This seems to be something of a recurring issue with you, so I think you should either find professional help or Jesus.

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

I mean none of this is really that important.

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

Oh geez. I'm so sorry. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help!

Plus, at least you're not me. I've missed, what, I think this makes five prompts in a row now? And also the SF ruins fire emblem... And also the FE6 succession run... And my own LP...

It's okay, we're here for fun XD

2 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I mean none of this is really that important.

True, true. I just feel bad that I say I'll do something then never do. Well, not properly anyways.

1 minute ago, TheSilentChloey said:

It's okay, we're here for fun XD

And arguing about shipping wars amirite

10 minutes ago, Benice said:

Ruh-roh, Raggy!

Since I'm not interested in vampires, I don't really care to read the entries this time. I'm just gonna hope the next prompt after the voting is something I can really work with. I've had a few ideas in mind for stories that I'd have fun putting into this contest, but they've unfortunately not at all lined up with recent prompts...

2 hours ago, Benice said:

True, true. I just feel bad that I say I'll do something then never do. Well, not properly anyways.

And arguing about shipping wars amirite

Nah, I just don't like certain guys lol

9 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Otts, I'm a little worried. This seems to be something of a recurring issue with you, so I think you should either find professional help or Jesus.

I’ve been getting help though these things just don’t magically fix themselves overnight. Still, I appreciate the concern from all of you.

57 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

I’ve been getting help though these things just don’t magically fix themselves overnight. Still, I appreciate the concern from all of you.

My concern for you is shared as well. I have faith that you’ll get through.

On 8/10/2020 at 12:45 AM, Ottservia said:

No sweat, like I said if you need someone to talk to, I'm happy to be there for you.

I’ll keep these short, since I have a good amount of things to work on right now.
@AnonymousSpeed

Spoiler

I’ll say, this was a pretty good ride. A bit of a different take on the Megaman universe (I mean, they were referred to as robot masters), but nice nonetheless. The cameos of anime vampires were quite welcome, as it befitted the dream of this weeabo robot master.

In the end, I enjoyed this.

@TheSilentChloey

Spoiler

I just want to know what you mean by semi-original. I suppose a name or two could have been taken from another piece of media (Seto and Yugi-Oh).

Anyways, this was pretty good. I’m pretty sure this could be a good recurring series to come back to for this. You even explained some of the topics and terms mentioned in the fic, which would be of great help in the future too.

I dunno, dragons vs a whole variety of vampires seems nice.

1 hour ago, Azure loves his Half Elves said:

I suppose a name or two could have been taken from another piece of media (Seto and Yugi-Oh).

"Marik Ishtal" Seems to be from Yu-Gi-Oh too. One of the antagonists there is named Marik Ishtar. At least in English.

Just now, Azure loves his Half Elves said:

Yeah that, too. I don’t know why I have not mentioned it.

Huh. He's the first thing I think of when I think of Yu-Gi-Oh villains. He's the darkest and most menacing. And yet ironically, he becomes the most redeemed after the fact too. Quite a character he was.

2 hours ago, Azure loves his Half Elves said:

I’ll keep these short, since I have a good amount of things to work on right now.
@AnonymousSpeed

Hide contents

I’ll say, this was a pretty good ride. A bit of a different take on the Megaman universe (I mean, they were referred to as robot masters), but nice nonetheless. The cameos of anime vampires were quite welcome, as it befitted the dream of this weeabo robot master.

In the end, I enjoyed this.

@TheSilentChloey

Hide contents

I just want to know what you mean by semi-original. I suppose a name or two could have been taken from another piece of media (Seto and Yugi-Oh).

Anyways, this was pretty good. I’m pretty sure this could be a good recurring series to come back to for this. You even explained some of the topics and terms mentioned in the fic, which would be of great help in the future too.

I dunno, dragons vs a whole variety of vampires seems nice.

Yeah, there's a resemblance.  Also draws from Claymore as well.

4 hours ago, Azure loves his Half Elves said:

Hooray, we finally got a review in!

4 hours ago, Azure loves his Half Elves said:

A bit of a different take on the Megaman universe (I mean, they were referred to as robot masters), but nice nonetheless. The cameos of anime vampires were quite welcome, as it befitted the dream of this weeabo robot master.

Thanks. Since the Challenger from the Future bosses have little to know chance of ever seeing official personalities I like to think that this is canonically what they act like.

4 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Thanks. Since the Challenger from the Future bosses have little to know chance of ever seeing official personalities I like to think that this is canonically what they act like.

The only notable Wonderswan games I’ve heard of by this point was the Klonoa game and the Megaman Battle Network game. Now, with research, I’d say you are pretty big into Megaman.

4 minutes ago, Azure loves his Half Elves said:

The only notable Wonderswan games I’ve heard of by this point was the Klonoa game and the Megaman Battle Network game. Now, with research, I’d say you are pretty big into Megaman.

Oh heck Battle Network, that was the best Mega Man subseries. I had actually forgotten that there was a Wonderswan Battle Network game, for shame. I mean, it's not a "proper" Battle Network game but I'll forgive myself on account of knowing that the mobile phone games exist.

3 votes. 1 reviewer. Where you guys really that bored? Was it really that bad?

Here is the new prompt:

Write using the setting and characters from a story someone else submitted in a previous round. You may not consult the original author or ask for their permission.

3 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Write using the setting and characters from a story someone else submitted in a previous round. You may not consult the original author or ask for their permission.

Oh boy, thing are about to get spicy~! I think I can do something for this!

...Yeah, seeing as a vast majority of the stories submitted here use characters and settings I'm not familiar enough with, I have to skip this one too... AGAIN.

Why can't you all give us prompts that are actually doable?

58 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

The prompt is perfectly doable, though. All that's different from usual is that you're writing with tools already given to you. It's just a fanfiction, essentially. There's nothing to say you can't add your own stuff to someone else's work-Heck, you've done it before with your DoD series! You don't need to take every single thing from someone else's entry if you don't want to.

Also, since other people have written stuff for FEH and other similar FE settings, so you could just use the Askr gang and whoever else would be in the order of heroes, if that would click with your writing style more.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

...Yeah, seeing as a vast majority of the stories submitted here use characters and settings I'm not familiar enough with, I have to skip this one too... AGAIN.

I’m not saying I necessarily disagree but like Benice said the prompt is perfectly doable and is actually quite a neat idea. I still have a personal issue though in that I don’t think I have enough information to really go and construct a compelling short story with characters and worlds that are not my own. I can write fanfic of official products because there’s enough to analyze and breakdown to get a thorough understanding of the source material. Here I really only have a handful of one shots(sometimes not even a handful) to work with.