SF's "Write Your Butt Off" Competition HD II.5 Remix

AnonymousSpeed

49 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

I mean strictly speaking Counter only triggers if the other guy initiates, so you just let them initiate on you, which isn't too hard.

I mean, we do go to the gym, but I'm currently taking a small break from focusing on lifting to try and get started on the hated cardio.

In the meantime, got my idea for this round. Let's hope I can prove Fight enough to actually do this.

It initiates on both phases Soul.  Not so easy to get around at E weapon ranks lol.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, SoulWeaver said:

Shoot, you right, I'm thinking of Fates, haha.

Lol that's why Robin does Exponential Growth and Golden Gaffe, too much counter everywhere.

meme_by_thesilentchloey_degidpy-fullview

Edited by TheSilentChloey

On 3/24/2021 at 5:42 PM, TheSilentChloey said:

Lol that's why Robin does Exponential Growth and Golden Gaffe, too much counter everywhere.

meme_by_thesilentchloey_degidpy-fullview

Strictly speaking you can still just shoot them. Yeah it's god-tier hard, but it's still theoretically doable.

Meanwhile, some music to prepare you all for my entry:

Spoiler

3 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

Strictly speaking you can still just shoot them. Yeah it's god-tier hard, but it's still theoretically doable.

Meanwhile, some music to prepare you all for my entry:

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah, nah not worth the risk lol

Here's my one, I hope I'm not too late:

Title: An Oath Renewed

Fandom: Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War

Words: 5280

Entry:

Author's notes:

Spoiler

For those who don't know, the glitch of the story is Quan and Ethlyn surviving the Aed Massacre and conquering Phinora. I, as a fan of the butterfly effect, thought it would be interesting to change some things in the second generation to show that the resulting Jugdral is different from what we see in the game.

I ask you to forgive me if you encounter typos. English is not my native language and I had to translate my text before posting it here. In this situation, it is also possible that some things in the text have been lost in translation.

Some points I would like to clarify:

• I'm using Fire Emblem Heroes' official names.
  • I put Sigurd's conversation with Ayra from chapter 5 (and expanded it a bit?) at the beginning because I found it an interesting addition to characterize the two. I also wanted to put the conversation between Alec and Naoise that was removed from the official game, but I felt that the moment was not appropriate. If I ever revisit Belhalla I might write more about them.
  • I was also inspired by the oath in Thracia 776 to write the oaths in this story. I don't want to erase Leif or replace him either.
  • I did not write any romantic relationships in this story other than the canon couples (and Lewyn).

I hope you guys enjoy it, and any feedback is welcome!

Edited by Maof06

First person who sees this, you are in an unknown area with two unknown artifacts. The map shows two more unknown artifacts and a boss room. Take the boss on as you are or go for the last two artifacts?

Also holy crap I have 50 minutes. Oof.

Edited by SoulWeaver

23 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

First person who sees this, you are in an unknown area with two unknown artifacts. The map shows two more unknown artifacts and a boss room. Take the boss on as you are or go for the last two artifacts?

Assuming the artifacts are good, go for the artifacts. Especially if they can help with the boss. And if things go south and you’re forced to flee, it might be harder to grab some artifacts...

Plus in Zelda beating the boss ends the dungeon, and you always get all the chests first, so this is clearly the right answer.

24 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Go for the artifacts. They may be useful.

1 hour ago, Maof06 said:

I hope you guys enjoy it!

I am hoping to enjoy it as well. Welcome to the competition by the way, thank you for submitting an entry!

4 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Aight here we go, two minutes late by my count should still be allowed yeah? No? Eh, fine. I'll come back and add Author's Notes tomorrow if I can.

Yeah, that'll be fine.

I'll add these to the opening post in just a minute.

Okay, what the heck, might as well.

Spoiler

The idea I thought up would've involved a glitch from the 3D version of Final Fantasy IV. In the Steam port (and possibly the mobile port as well, but definitely not in the original NDS 3D version), if you inflicted a character with a status ailment (probably worked only while out of battle, don't know if it did in battle), somehow they'd also be inflicted with the Reverse status. Basically, it reversed damage and healing effects. Anything that healed would now damage, and anything that damaged would now heal. It was the gimmick of a boss battle, where the boss would inflict and remove the status from everyone (including himself) at intervals, and only in that battle did the status showed up. But with this glitch, it could appear elsewhere... and exploited. After all, with Reverse status, even regular attacks would now heal the character under the status. So basically you were now practically invincible since very few if any enemies have using healing effects on your party in their AI scripts.

So basically, the story would've been the characters discovering this glitch, after one of them was inflicted with a status, but then finding they were now healed with random attacks though now hurt instead when a Cure spell was cast on them. So cue the party going through the final dungeon while under all sorts of status ailments (in the game you can remove the status but keep Reverse, it only went away once a battle was over; but then what is the fun in writing that?) and blitzing through it in a breeze. Like Toad, or Mini, or even Pig (yes, IV had a Pig status ailment; it was the physical counterpart of Mini in that magic and most abilities were disabled but characters could still attack physically just fine). The idea was to end it in a cliffhanger style matter, since the final boss has an ability called Black Hole which removes statuses. Mostly the positive ones, but also some of the negative ones (like Slow) since it affects everyone including the final boss himself. So basically, the party lose Reverse (don't know if it actually gets removed since Reverse isn't a status that is meant to show up there and I haven't done this with the final boss, but for the story it would be, basically), but since Toad et al are not stuff Black Hole removes, then... well, now they're in a pickle. Cue "The End...?"

So yeah, basically that.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

49 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Reveal hidden contents

The idea I thought up would've involved a glitch from the 3D version of Final Fantasy IV. In the Steam port (and possibly the mobile port as well, but definitely not in the original NDS 3D version), if you inflicted a character with a status ailment (probably worked only while out of battle, don't know if it did in battle), somehow they'd also be inflicted with the Reverse status. Basically, it reversed damage and healing effects. Anything that healed would now damage, and anything that damaged would now heal. It was the gimmick of a boss battle, where the boss would inflict and remove the status from everyone (including himself) at intervals, and only in that battle did the status showed up. But with this glitch, it could appear elsewhere... and exploited. After all, with Reverse status, even regular attacks would now heal the character under the status. So basically you were now practically invincible since very few if any enemies have using healing effects on your party in their AI scripts.

So basically, the story would've been the characters discovering this glitch, after one of them was inflicted with a status, but then finding they were now healed with random attacks though now hurt instead when a Cure spell was cast on them. So cue the party going through the final dungeon while under all sorts of status ailments (in the game you can remove the status but keep Reverse, it only went away once a battle was over; but then what is the fun in writing that?) and blitzing through it in a breeze. Like Toad, or Mini, or even Pig (yes, IV had a Pig status ailment; it was the physical counterpart of Mini in that magic and most abilities were disabled but characters could still attack physically just fine). The idea was to end it in a cliffhanger style matter, since the final boss has an ability called Black Hole which removes statuses. Mostly the positive ones, but also some of the negative ones (like Slow) since it affects everyone including the final boss himself. So basically, the party lose Reverse (don't know if it actually gets removed since Reverse isn't a status that is meant to show up there and I haven't done this with the final boss, but for the story it would be, basically), but since Toad et al are not stuff Black Hole removes, then... well, now they're in a pickle. Cue "The End...?"

So yeah, basically that.

Sounds cool!

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Reveal hidden contents

So yeah, basically that.

That does sounds pretty neat actually. I have an odd fondness for the FF4 cast despite not having played the game just because I really enjoyed an old let's play of it somewhere around a decade ago, and the idea itself is very fun in general. Please accept a "cool idea" pseudo-award.

23 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I am hoping to enjoy it as well. Welcome to the competition by the way, thank you for submitting an entry!

Thanks. It's the first time I've written something in a long time...

3 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Thanks. It's the first time I've written something in a long time...

Well, we're glad to help you along.

I forgot to add the poll at first, but that error has been rectified. Y'all may begin voting now.

So... only two people actually read it? Anyone willing to give some opinions about my entry? At least I can boast that I won on my first attempt.

Anyway, here is the new prompt:

Write a story in which a character swaps bodies with someone of the opposite sex.

To put it in context: I just read a manga called Shishunki Bitter Change (which I recommend you read by the way), where a girl and a boy change bodies when they're children and stay that way throughout adolescence. While you normally expect a genderbend story to be full of comical and wacky hijinks, this one is more dramatic, where the consequences of leaving your family and friends behind and growing up in a body where you don't recognize as yours are explored.

It’s fine if you go either way, comedy and/or drama.

Ah, the good old Freaky Friday Flip. Oh, I've read that one. Very interesting. Was it the actual serialized manga or the original that you read? The ending of the original iteration was... quite something.

Anyway... haaaaaaa, interesting as it is to write something like this... don't expect me to upload it if I ever do. Maybe.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

45 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

So... only two people actually read it? Anyone willing to give some opinions about my entry? At least I can boast that I won on my first attempt.

Anyway, here is the new prompt:

Write a story in which a character swaps bodies with someone of the opposite sex.

To put it in context: I just read a manga called Shishunki Bitter Change (which I recommend you read by the way), where a girl and a boy change bodies when they're children and stay that way throughout adolescence. While you normally expect a genderbend story to be full of comical and wacky hijinks, this one is more dramatic, where the consequences of leaving your family and friends behind and growing up in a body where you don't recognize as yours are explored.

It’s fine if you go either way, comedy and/or drama.

Are you married to the idea of it being the opposite sex exclusively? I have an idea otherwise, but I'll be honest I probably won't write it as it'd take far more attention and nuance than I could spare at this point in time.

57 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ah, the good old Freaky Friday Flip. Oh, I've read that one. Very interesting. Was it the actual serialized manga or the original that you read? The ending of the original iteration was... quite something.

The serialized, as the webcomic wasn't translated. I actually think the original webcomic ending is superior, not because I prefer sad endings, but because the manga ending was rushed. If only the author spent more chapters it could have been great.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Anyway... haaaaaaa, interesting as it is to write something like this... don't expect me to upload it if I ever do. Maybe.

C'mon, man. Any contribution will do.

20 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Are you married to the idea of it being the opposite sex exclusively? I have an idea otherwise, but I'll be honest I probably won't write it as it'd take far more attention and nuance than I could spare at this point in time.

I think I can change since you have an idea, but since you’re not sure if you’ll be able to write it...

My idea is to make you write how a person would fit into the body of another, not only in the sense of taking on the identity of the other, but also in the sense of adapting to the characteristics that a body of the opposite sex has, but now I have doubts as to whether people will be able to do something like this in such a short time...

1 hour ago, Maof06 said:

At least I can boast that I won on my first attempt.

Conglaturations.

35 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Just make 'em robots. The opposite of robot is robot.

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

Just now, Maof06 said:

C'mon, man. Any contribution will do.

Don't worry too much about it. To date I've only written for just one entry. I have performance anxiety for the most part.

3 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

My idea is to make you write how a person would fit into the body of another, not only in the sense of taking on the identity of the other, but also in the sense of adapting to the characteristics that a body of the opposite sex has, but now I have doubts as to whether people will be able to do something like this in such a short time...

I'd say you keep it as-is. The whole point of this being prompt based is that we have to fulfill the prompt as it's given. It's not like we don't still have enough freedom to take it how we want, so long the prompt itself is upheld.