• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Oh boy...

I'd say give Lissa a whirl xP

ETA: What have I done...

I'm allowing myself an uncensored exclamation here, good God what have you done...

You know, at times I wonder if it would've been better to let us decide the character rather than letting others choose... but admittedly, doing it that way does have its appeal. XD

8 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

I'm allowing myself an uncensored exclamation here, good God what have you done...

I only just realised how bad that was going to be LOL

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

You know, at times I wonder if it would've been better to let us decide the character rather than letting others choose... but admittedly, doing it that way does have its appeal. XD

Yeah it does.  It could go two ways though LMAO.

I mean at this point especially there's nothing prohibiting you from choosing your own character there, I just figured I'd hold onto that part of the rule myself, since I was happy to stick all of you with it at the time. Even considering I had someone else pick for my non-participation entry, I specifically chose Ana because I knew she was a Tellius girl and this brought the uncertainty down quite a bit. I was expecting her to pick Ike, but Elincia was high on my list of alternatives I'd planned for so it wasn't that big of a surprise.

Honestly I expected Chloey to pick Robin/Grima, perhaps Chrom. Lissa's definitely left-field, I'm glad I have some time before I get to that one so I can let my brain work on it.

9 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

I mean at this point especially there's nothing prohibiting you from choosing your own character there, I just figured I'd hold onto that part of the rule myself, since I was happy to stick all of you with it at the time. Even considering I had someone else pick for my non-participation entry, I specifically chose Ana because I knew she was a Tellius girl and this brought the uncertainty down quite a bit. I was expecting her to pick Ike, but Elincia was high on my list of alternatives I'd planned for so it wasn't that big of a surprise.

Honestly I expected Chloey to pick Robin/Grima, perhaps Chrom. Lissa's definitely left-field, I'm glad I have some time before I get to that one so I can let my brain work on it.

I don't know what I was thinking when I suggested it LOL I didn't even realise that it was that prompt LOL.

Also I suppose I should mention I have a large document with prompts as a list...

So I may share at some point.

ETA: I'll have to share it, it's huge and some of the ideas I have is fun.

Edited by TheSilentChloey

15 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

That's not even a swore.

15 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yeah man, part of the fun in life is throwing yourself completely at the mercy of others. What's the joy in having complete control?

14 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

ETA: I'll have to share it, it's huge and some of the ideas I have is fun.

Yay, fun.

43 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Yeah man, part of the fun in life is throwing yourself completely at the mercy of others. What's the joy in having complete control?

Let's just agree to disagree and leave it like that.

On 5/20/2021 at 5:03 PM, Acacia Sgt said:

So what made you decide to go for the "pick someone to pick the character for you"?

Mainly because I liked the coin-toss round. Having multiple options but not being able to select exactly which option sounded like it could be interesting. In this case, I wanted it to have more flexibility and a little more control than just a coin toss, and any of us could alter our character chosen by selecting a different person - as mentioned earlier I intentionally chose Ana to pick my character for this reason, to reduce my chances of getting some random out there character like I was seriously considering doing had anyone chosen me. Ana being a huge Tellius and Zelda fangirl meant that I had a really high chance of getting someone from Tellius or Zelda. This being a Fire Emblem forum probably meant she was more likely to pick Tellius. She's a giant Ike fangirl, meaning my probabilities leaned heavily towards him. I'd also had Elincia, the red cav from that game, I forgot his name, and even Sylvain from 3H as backup potentials(since she's also a big Sylvain fan), and she ended up going with Elincia, though this was apparently because she didn't realize the prompt meant waking up as that character, which was funny.

Basically, it meant you didn't have total control over what you could write about, but with a little digging on the other participants you could learn how to skew the odds so you were more likely to get one you'd want, which in theory incentivized learning more about each other. Chalk it up as an attempt to create more friendship among us if you like.

...This was 100% intentional and definitely not just something I bullcrapped out right now.

Uh huh, I definitely don't remember that whole "you can ask a different person for more options" bit.

Though as I mentioned before, though I don't think it was here, I did liked the concept of stories that had more than one person involved in their making. That said, I didn't participate in the original, and only did the asking bit for the "write a prompt you haven't written for" prompt. Oh well.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 hour ago, SoulWeaver said:

Mainly because I liked the coin-toss round. Having multiple options but not being able to select exactly which option sounded like it could be interesting. In this case, I wanted it to have more flexibility and a little more control than just a coin toss, and any of us could alter our character chosen by selecting a different person - as mentioned earlier I intentionally chose Ana to pick my character for this reason, to reduce my chances of getting some random out there character like I was seriously considering doing had anyone chosen me. Ana being a huge Tellius and Zelda fangirl meant that I had a really high chance of getting someone from Tellius or Zelda. This being a Fire Emblem forum probably meant she was more likely to pick Tellius. She's a giant Ike fangirl, meaning my probabilities leaned heavily towards him. I'd also had Elincia, the red cav from that game, I forgot his name, and even Sylvain from 3H as backup potentials(since she's also a big Sylvain fan), and she ended up going with Elincia, though this was apparently because she didn't realize the prompt meant waking up as that character, which was funny.

Basically, it meant you didn't have total control over what you could write about, but with a little digging on the other participants you could learn how to skew the odds so you were more likely to get one you'd want, which in theory incentivized learning more about each other. Chalk it up as an attempt to create more friendship among us if you like.

...This was 100% intentional and definitely not just something I bullcrapped out right now.

Don't forget I forgot that was the original prompt too LOL

I actually have started something for the last prompt.  I don't know how well it will go but...hopefully it makes sense.

About the only one that I could do...because I wanted to move away from Grima LOL

Edited by TheSilentChloey

Is the competition still going on? If it is, I think I can write something.