SF's "Write Your Butt Off" Competition HD II.5 Remix

AnonymousSpeed

ok the idea I have is gonna be a fun one and extremely self-indulgent. Himederes are cute cause essentially they're just a highly specific kind of tsundere and those are fun.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@TheSilentChloey question so does the main character of the story have to lose something for someone else? Or can it just be a different character? The sacrifice is still gonna have impact on the story just the main character isn’t really gonna “lose anything” in the end.

51 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

@TheSilentChloey question so does the main character of the story have to lose something for someone else? Or can it just be a different character? The sacrifice is still gonna have impact on the story just the main character isn’t really gonna “lose anything” in the end.

Pretty much any character, as long as someone is sacrificing something for someone else's benefit.

1 minute ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Pretty much any character, as long as someone is sacrificing something for someone else's benefit.

ok thanks now to run with my idea

3 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I live to serve XD

lol is this a subtle nod to your preference for being a healer since Live to Serve is a healing skill?

28 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Hey I hope everyone's doing okay with the writing stuff.

I'm doing fine I've been going through a lot of different drafts and ideas but I think I finally found one that'll stick and I'm pretty sure you're gonna like it chloey

29 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

I'm doing fine I've been going through a lot of different drafts and ideas but I think I finally found one that'll stick and I'm pretty sure you're gonna like it chloey

I'm looking forward to it XD

26 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I've got an entry in progress, but I've hit a little writer's block on it now. I'm working on getting through that though.

Ouch.  Yeah writer's block is a pain, hopefully you'll get through it.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, it always is.

2 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Ouch.  Yeah writer's block is a pain,

No doubt I've been going through some writer's block these past couple days as well but I was able to break through it so I believe in you ana

1 minute ago, Ottservia said:

No doubt I've been going through some writer's block these past couple days as well but I was able to break through it so I believe in you ana

Heh, thanks. 😛

22 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I've got an entry in progress, but I've hit a little writer's block on it now. I'm working on getting through that though.

22 hours ago, Ottservia said:

Guys, just take it off your desk, problem solved.

9E2816FC-8146-4E9B-8416-EE1BAC288095.png.d837f62b4ee5d8e22b83d48d0a615623.png

13 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

I wrote about 1700 words today so I think that block is already gone. I would've written more might've even finished if it wasn't for this pesky thing called 'fatigue'

Edited by Ottservia

23 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

lol well, I did actually make some more progress on it. XD I hope to finish it soon!

Calvin and Hobbes are great, btw.

I am sorry, but I think I might have to sit this one out. I have D&D and other things going on, so I might only come to review and vote on these works. Just this once for now.
I was going to focus on Oboro’s parents for this one. How they protected their child before... well, you know.
Again, I am sorry.

1 hour ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

I am sorry, but I think I might have to sit this one out. I have D&D and other things going on, so I might only come to review and vote on these works. Just this once for now.
I was going to focus on Oboro’s parents for this one. How they protected their child before... well, you know.
Again, I am sorry.

Aww I hope things go better for you soon!

1 hour ago, psy_wombats said:

Hi all --

Is this open to new entrants? I'm trying to get back into shortstories and a THUNDERDOME-ish prompt thing seems about the ticket. (And if so, the deadline would be what, July 6th?)

Sure, more the merrier I say XD and the deadline should be in the OP.

I finally got my entry done! Hope y'all enjoy. ^^ This is the first time I've written any of these characters save for Bryce.

Title: To Nurture a Life
Fandom: Fire Emblem (Tellius saga)
Words: 4,503

Spoiler

To Nurture a Life

"Elena, she's growing weaker by the minute!" a young dark red-haired man cried, his brown eyes growing glassy. He and a woman with flowing blue hair and similar blue eyes were helping to comfort another, heavily pregnant woman lying upon her bed in her chambers. A lot of sweat had trickled down the sides of her head, her own blue hair very disheveled and even knotted in some places. Every once in awhile, she groaned fairly loudly, the pains of the contractions in her womb gripping her. Her breathing was very labored otherwise.

"I know, Bryce! I'm doing the best I can!" Elena replied, though she showed a hint of struggling in helping the woman, who was her older sister.

"...We can't wait any longer! We have give Susan the sleep spell and emergency surgery ourselves! The baby has to come out now!" Bryce insisted.

Elena then peered down at Susan's very round belly and brought one of her hands there for a moment. The younger sister's eyes widened upon realizing what she felt. Susan herself then weakly looked to her sister as well and confirmed her fear.

"Baby...is down..." she uttered.

"Blast! The baby's too far down now!" she blurted with a grimace. "I'm sorry, Bryce... I didn't realize how far into labor Susan was when I arrived and sent for help!"

"What?! DAMN IT ALL!" Bryce shouted angrily, though more at himself than anything else as tears formed in his eyes. "This can't happen...! Why...why did our physician have to be out sick today?! Why did I leave Susan alone at all...?"

"You and me both..."

Several months earlier...

"Susan, are you absolutely sure you want to do this?" Bryce inquired as he and his wife left their personal physician's office inside a great mansion. "I know we both have wanted to have a child for some time now, but you've always struggled with your health, as much as I love you and do my best to rid you of your illnesses for good. I do not wish to risk losing you! It's not too late to...you know. As pained as I am to even suggest such an idea..."

Susan smiled at her husband, bringing a hand to his cheek.

"Bryce, my love, I understand," she replied. "But even if I am risking or sacrificing my health...I want to have our baby. It has always been my greatest wish for us. Even if it also has to be my dying one."

"I...I know. I will respect your decision. I am just afraid. For both you and the baby. But I will still do my best to take care of you in the meantime, as I always have."

"And as I always have, I thank you. I do have one other small request though. That we learn our baby's gender when I am far along enough to find out."

"Of course, my dear."

Bryce knew there was a reason other than her health for that. Susan had wanted to have her own child some day for as long as he could remember, but she also wanted to name that child Jerec if it was a boy. She would never really pinpoint exactly why, but that name had a special ring to it for her, and yet she never could decide what she would name a girl despite it having been easy to choose a boy's name. Given this and her health, it was logical that Susan wanted to know her baby's gender as soon as possible.

"Now," Susan continued. "If it will help you stop worrying, we should go tell my sister and our friends about the baby. Knowing Elena, she'll want to throw us a huge baby shower at Palmeni Temple, but I don't care for anything so fancy. Just a small celebration will do."

"Ah, yes," Bryce agreed. "That will be nice indeed! But whenever you need anything, anything at all, you let me know. I'll be there as quickly as I can. Your health and the baby's are now my top priority, regardless of anything the king needs me to do. He has allowed me to take time off for you while Gawain, Tauroneo, and Lanvega all help with my normal duties."

"That's wonderful! Though I do hope those boys aren't overworking themselves. Especially when Lanvega has Marado to rule. I would feel so bad."

"Don't worry, they are perfectly capable and reliable. And they were happy to help. We are all allies, after all."

"That is true."

Allies indeed they were. Together, Bryce, Gawain, Tauroneo, and Lanvega made up a quartet of generals known as the Four Riders, who led the army of the nation of Daein on the continent of Tellius. Gawain was also eventually going to wed Elena. Both Elena and Susan served as priestesses at Palmeni Temple, though due to the latter's health concerns, she could not work as often. Susan had been frail and sickly for as long as she could remember, often relying on elixirs, herbs, and other things to keep her strength and health up enough to allow her to live a normal life. Or at least, as normal as it could be.

"Oh, and I have to get Elena to go shopping with me later," Susan continued. "Baby clothes will have to wait until we know the gender, but we can certainly look for other supplies! We'll have so much fun!"

Bryce couldn't help but allow a large smile to form on his features. One of the things that made him love Susan so was that she could be positive and cheerful regardless of how ill she could get. She never let her recurring illnesses get her down much at all, and she always hated the idea of being a burden to her husband or others. Once she even said Bryce deserved better, someone that didn't come with the extra baggage that she was forced to carry. But he could never consider leaving her even for a second.

"That does sound splendid," he commented. "And Tauroneo already has a small son of his own, we could ask him if he can play with our child someday."

"Oh, that's a wonderful idea!" Susan agreed, bringing her hands together. "It would be so adorable!"

Indeed, the imagery was wonderful to think of. Bryce could picture it clearly. It was a beautiful sunny day and a small red haired child was playing in the grass with Tauroneo's strapping young boy, the two getting along perfectly. Thinking of this, Bryce was able to partly take his mind off of Susan's health and feel a little more at ease. Perhaps things would somehow work out in the end after all.

However, Bryce's thoughts were interrupted when Susan suddenly brought one hand to her stomach and the other to her mouth. She soon slowly dropped to her knees, and before her husband could do much, she ended up creating a puddle of vomit right on their floor. Bryce quickly knelt to her level.

"Susan!" he cried. His wife upchucked two more times before she could finally take a few labored breaths.

"Oh no...!" Susan uttered, bringing her hands to her face in embarrassment. "What a mess I've made!"

"It's okay, the maid will be happy to clean it up. But my dear, you ought to lay down now," Bryce suggested. "You mustn't strain yourself."

"...Yes, I suppose I should," Susan agreed. "I feel bad that someone has to mop up this grossness, but I definitely should not push myself."

With that, Bryce helped his wife back to her feet and they made for their bedchambers.

A few months passed, though for Bryce, they seemed to go by as slowly as a snail. Even though he once in awhile could remain content and cheerful about his future child, he also never ceased to monitor Susan and her health. Especially when it came to the morning sickness. It unfortunately made her sicker than other expectant mothers might've been and she had to rest a lot while still prone to it. Yet, Bryce was glad to still see her happy and excited to prepare for their baby. One afternoon, she and Elena arrived at the couple's mansion with several shopping bags in their arms. Bryce wasn't sure whether to be more surprised at his wife being strong enough to carry them or how much the sisters had bought. Each bag seemed to be brimming with clothes, shoes, toys, and any other manner of things for the baby.

"By Ashera, I swear you girls have no control when you shop together," Bryce joked with a small smile. "What is all this exactly?"

"Oh stop," Susan playfully replied. "They're all things for the baby! I only want the best for him or her."

"Me too for my future niece or nephew!" Elena agreed. "This was more fun than our last trip!"

"Indeed! Oh Elena, I'm so happy that we're having a boy," Susan opined. "I can make that wish for a child named Jerec come true. He will be beautiful!"

"I bet!" Elena replied and smiled. "I'm happy for you too, Sister."

"Oh, but I hope this isn't eating too much into yours and Gawain's wedding plans. I know you two are excited to be married."

"Heh, he doesn't mind," Elena assured. "In fact, Gawain is happy to help you in any way he can. He told me himself even though he has been very busy helping to cover for Bryce. My fiance considers you both to be like family, you know. And you really will be once we're married!"

"He certainly does, I've seen," Bryce agreed happily. "I really appreciate it."

"And hey, it's the least we can do after you introduced us!" Elena pointed out. "Gawain and I wouldn't be together if it wasn't for you two."

"Heh, that's true," Susan recalled nostalgically, and then turned to her husband. "Anyway, love, we've brought some clothes, cute shoes, a few toys, a couple baby blankets, and a few things to decorate the nursery. Speaking of which, how has the progress been going there?"

"I see! And it's going swell," Bryce confirmed. "The crib is nearly finished and the walls have been painted as well. We should be ready to decorate soon!"

"Oh, wonderful! Elena, I'm guessing you'd love to help with that?"

"Definitely! And I can get some ideas to keep in mind for when Gawain and I have our own children. We'd like to have at least two," Elena replied. "So it'll help to learn with you. And one day, I would love for our children to be good friends! They will be cousins, after all."

"Oh, yes, that sounds exciting indeed!"

And yet again, Bryce couldn't help but enjoy witnessing the excitement between the two sisters. He offered to help them bring their purchases into the in-progress nursery and further discuss where everything would go inside the room. The furniture would have to be arranged, after all, and that included the crib, dresser, changing table, and more. It was a busy, yet enjoyable part of expecting a child.

However, Bryce never could let go of his worries whenever he and Susan would visit the physician again for checkups. Was his wife keeping her strength up enough to carry their child to term? Would her potential illnesses even cause her to miscarry? The physician would say that so far, all that needed to be done was to at least keep Susan from being seriously ill, and if she came down with a flu or cold, she had to rest and be on only certain kinds of herbal remedies and drink plenty of liquids. Certain medicines threatened an unborn baby. The physician also heavily insisted upon Susan having the baby surgically removed with a sleep spell placed upon her, as he was certain that her chances of surviving a natural birth in her weaker health condition were slim. Natural births were very exhausting on any expectant mother, with some even known to pass out. Bryce agreed to do everything in his power to prevent Susan from doing one.

Eventually, one of Bryce's fears was unfortunately realized, though this one he had already foreseen being unavoidable. When she was in her third trimester, Susan had to be placed on bed rest for the remainder of the pregnancy. She had become too weak to walk around much with her very rounded stomach. Thankfully, she could still eat and the maid and butler could help her use the bathroom. But it also forced Bryce to be at the mansion more and more, and with his comrades in Daein Keep less and less. Though they lived right in the Daein capital of Nevassa, making it not very difficult to go back and forth between his home and the keep, Bryce still hated every moment he had to be away from his wife. And yet, every now and then he had to give some relief to Gawain, Tauroneo, and Lanvega, as they had been doing a lot of work to help out already. Even as the strongest generals in the country, they had their limits. Gawain and Elena even pushed back their wedding date a little to help.

"My dear, I am so very sorry that I have to keep leaving like this," Bryce said one day when he was about to depart once more. "I desperately want to stay until our son is here..."

"Bryce, I know. You've only told me endless times," Susan recalled with a weak chuckle. "But I am fine right now. I don't have the strength to walk, that is all. I know the poor physician is out with the flu, but I'm not ill at the moment, and if I need anything, the maid and butler are here, and Elena is not far away either."

It was true that Elena lived nearby due to being family, and Gawain had also moved in with her some time back due to their engagement. But Bryce still wished he could be there himself.

"Yes, I apologize for saying it so often," Bryce replied, smiling awkwardly. "But I am just so worried for your health. Even when we went to some of the later checkups, I had to help you move around, and you also had a mild flu a couple times..."

"I understand. And I still appreciate that you're doing everything you can. But your country needs you too, not just me. I will be alright for a short while."

"Well... Alright. But I will be back as soon as I can, no questions asked."

"Thank you, love."

With that, Bryce departed...not knowing that he would come to regret it forever.

The general had only been gone a few hours and was getting set to return. He was speaking with the king in Daein Keep and a guard had brought him the news he had done his best to brace himself for since he knew the time approached, and yet simply couldn't brace himself enough: Susan had gone into labor. And while he was away from their home.

"Damn it all, why NOW?! Our physician is ill and we need someone to perform the surgery!" Bryce had opined angrily.

"I-I am sorry to hear that, Sir," the guard replied. "I'm certain there are some others in town who would be willing to help. Also, Lady Elena was notified and should be arriving at your home soon."

"Yes, I'll have to search as quickly as I can," Bryce replied. "And good, I'm glad Elena knows. I wouldn't have the time to call upon her myself!"

After the king gave Bryce permission to leave, he practically bolted from the throne room and out of the castle.

While upon his horse, he visited every physician and healer he knew was nearby the keep, but unfortunately, they were either already seeing patients or did not specialize in surgeries or the type Susan needed. And no one else at Bryce's home other than his physician knew how to perform it. Elena possibly had some idea since she was a healer herself, but Bryce couldn't be certain.

Elena herself had also sent the maid and butler to find more help since she had never done a surgery herself, she'd only assisted with them. She had assisted with childbirths as well, so she could at least help Susan do a natural birth...if it had to come to that. Even if she knew the probable consequences.

And now, as Bryce and Elena stood over the ailing Susan, watching her use all the strength she could to get through each contraction with little they could do to help her, they both felt as if pins were going to be shoved into their skin. Elena had been feeding Susan herbal medicines to lower any pain and help her maintain some strength, but it didn't seem to make a lot of difference.

"Bryce, Susan, we have no choice but for me to help deliver the baby naturally," Elena said. "I know enough about how to do it since I've assisted in childbirth before."

"I...I understand..." Bryce replied, his face scrunching up, remembering the risks involved with the suggestion. "Do what you must."

"Bryce...Elena..." Susan uttered a moment later. "I..."

"My dear, don't speak!" Bryce insisted. "You need all your strength to get through this!"

"I know... I'm just going to...give it every ounce I have!" Susan proclaimed proudly, a tear streaking down her face. "For...our little Jerec..."

And She is about ready to push now--" Elena began, but was interrupted by the chamber doors bursting open. The maid and butler had returned.

"My lord and ladies!" the butler cried. "A physician is on the way! She was almost finished with a patient, but she should be here soon!"

"Yes, we apologize for taking so long!" the maid added. "Lord Gawain is coming too, by the way."

"Thank you both," Bryce said and then grimaced. "But...I'm afraid it is too late for the surgery..."

"Oh..." the two muttered at the same time, their eyes widening. "We're...we're so sorry..."

"You did what you could," Elena assured them. "No one could've foreseen the circumstances today..."

"That is true," Bryce replied. "You two best return to your normal duties."

"...Of course, my lord."

With that, the maid and butler departed, though rather somberly for their master.

"Bryce, could you get some towels from your bathroom? The baby will be wet and need cleaned off," Elena instructed.

Bryce nodded and was in and out of the chamber bathroom in seconds with two hand towels.

"Now Susan, are you ready?" Elena continued, to which the weak Susan nodded slightly. "Push!"

Susan, while holding Bryce's hands, obeyed. She moaned loudly, but was content to know that her baby was crowning and that he was almost there. Her breathing was very labored, and she was practically drenched in sweat. And yet, she was content. Baby Jerec would at least be safe and given life.

"Alright, you're doing great! I think one last push will do it!" Elena said moments later.

Susan put her entire heart and soul into that one. She felt as though her limbs would fall off, and she could hardly breathe. But when a wailing infant cry reached her ears, her lips curled into a small, though weak smile.

"You did it, Susan!" Elena proclaimed. "He's here!"

"Oh... I am...happy," Susan uttered.

"Bryce, I need something to cut the umbilical cord," Elena continued. "A smooth knife, at least. The cut can't be sloppy or the baby could bleed out."

Bryce nodded and rushed out of the room to search their kitchen for a suitable knife. Meanwhile, Elena helped Susan deliver the placenta and afterward used one of the towels to clean the still slightly wailing Jerec. She also wiped Susan's legs for her as well, as they had also gotten somewhat wet with amniotic fluid. Baby Jerec himself was held in the clean towel. Thankfully, Bryce returned soon after that with the knife.

"That will work! Thanks," Elena replied and took the knife.

"Good. Susan, how do you feel?" Bryce inquired after returning to his wife's bedside. She was barely moving, though breathing lightly.

"I feel...happy," Susan replied. "Bryce...my love... Our little Jerec...is here."

"He is..."

Elena finished cutting the umbilical cord and wrapped Jerec completely in the hand towel. It was slightly small, so Bryce went to their nursery to get one of the infant blankets to wrap him further.

"Let me...hold him," Susan insisted.

"Wait, Susan, you're still very weak," Bryce pointed out.

"Yeah, Susan, maybe you should wait a few minutes," Elena added.

"I know... But...I think I can take him...for a few moments," Susan assured.

Though still reluctant, Elena nodded and handed baby Jerec to her. He had some dark red fuzz on his head and his eyes were a dark purple, close to his mother's.

"My love...he looks like you," Susan pointed out with a weak smile.

"Heh, so I can see," Bryce agreed.

For that moment, he did legitimately feel a wave of happiness wash over him. His son looked beautiful and healthy. And yet unfortunately, that happiness was not to last.

Susan's arms suddenly began to slip from baby Jerec's blanket.

"Susan! Please don't strain yourself," Bryce said.

"Oh, Bryce...my love. While I am still happy...the birth...heavily sapped my strength," Susan revealed. "I know you and Elena...did what you could... But I...I'm afraid I will not last much longer..."

At this, Bryce remained silent for a moment and grimaced.

"...No...!" he uttered.

"Susan! You...you can't!" Elena added. "I know your physician said..."

"Yes...I know," Susan admitted. "And I am sorry...for what I had to put you through. And that...I won't see Jerec grow up... But I am content to know...that my baby boy is in safe hands..."

"Susan..." Bryce muttered, his eyes growing glassy. "I should've...I should've tried harder to get you more help!"

"Well...the truth is...I'm not sure a physician...being here sooner...would've made a lot of difference. The contractions...already weakened me..."

"But it would've been worth a try! Susan, please try to hold on! A physician is still coming!"

"I...don't think I can... Bryce...I love you..."

Susan then used the last of her strength to bring baby Jerec's head to her lips.

"I love you too...my little Jerec..." she said. "Please...grow up strong... And be the best man...that you can..."

With that, Susan's eyes began to close, and her hands went limp.

"Susan! NO! SUSAAAAN!" Bryce shouted, almost knocking a candle dish off the end table next to the two.

"Susan...! My sister..." Elena uttered, her eyes growing just as glassy as her brother-in-law's.

Elena ordered Bryce to take Jerec and stand aside. She then tried performing chest pumps upon Susan's now motionless body. However, it did nothing.

"Susan, please! SISTER!" Elena shouted.

Susan still did not stir again. Elena and Bryce had to accept that she was gone, and there was nothing they could do to bring her back. Yet, Elena couldn't stop pumping even when Bryce knew it was for naught. While Jerec remained in one arm, he brought the other to Elena's shoulder.

"Elena, enough..." he uttered. "It won't do any good. She...she's..."

"Bryce...my big sister was all I had for the longest time..." Elena uttered, beginning to weep upon Susan's torso. "I love Gawain, and you're a brother to me, but...when our parents died, Susan was the only one who was there..."

"I understand... My whole world changed when I met her. I lost my heart to her so fast that I might not have known it at first. Now to...lose her...after all I did to try improving her health..."

Bryce, even though Jerec was still in one of his arms, couldn't help but imitate Elena and allow his tears to drop on Susan's chest.

A moment later, the doors burst open again. The tall and brown-haired General Gawain had rushed in, followed by a light green haired woman wearing cleric robes.

"Bryce, Elena, we came as soon as we--!" Gawain had begun, but stopped himself as soon as he realized what was happening before him. The physician had bumped into him from behind by mistake as well, but said nothing when she too saw Bryce and Elena weeping over the motionless body of Susan.

"Oh no..." Gawain uttered. "I...I am so...so sorry."

"Gawain..." Bryce replied, tears blazing down his cheeks. "I...I don't know what to do. I've lost my dear Susan... And I don't...I don't know how to raise my son on my own!"

"I don't know what to do without my sister either..." Elena added.

At this, Gawain and the physician remained silent for the next few moments. After that, the physician offered to take Jerec and examine him, as it was the least she could do. Bryce thanked her.

"I...I wish I could say more, but..." Gawain began and then knelt to Bryce's level at the bed, placing a hand upon his shoulder. "I know you'll be a great father. You're one of the few men I could respect more than myself, Bryce."

"Well...thank you..." Bryce replied. "I do hope you're right."

"Gawain... My sister will need a funeral..." Elena realized.

"Oh, of course, my love," Gawain agreed. "I will help with that in any way I can."

"Thank you. And..." Elena continued, trying to wipe her eyes. "I have to help raise Jerec too, for Susan, Bryce. "She would want me to be a part of his life as his aunt."

"Oh, yes, agreed," Bryce replied with no hesitation. "It's going to be so hard to do without wanting to mourn more, but... We have to do our best. Susan may be gone, but Jerec deserves to be a happy and healthy child."

"That's the spirit," Gawain complimented. "You can't let grief completely consume you. And we must keep the memory of Susan a happy one. We'll never forget the good times she brought, even despite her illnesses. And Jerec will help you two carry on. He needs you both. ...No, he needs all of us! When Elena and I are wed, I will be his uncle, after all. And nothing short of...of having to flee the entire country with targets on our backs would separate us!"

"Ah, indeed... You are right about all of that. Again, thank you so much."

"Of course, my friend."

With that, the three decided to join together in a group hug. They had to offer the most comfort and support to one another that they could in this time of hardship. In doing so, they also decided to offer a prayer to the goddess Ashera that Susan rest in peace. And while Susan could never help protect Jerec in battle if he was in the army, or stand by his side at the altar when he married, maybe, somehow, some way, she would one day see her son grow up into the fine man she wanted him to be.

Spoiler

Funny how I'm doing a second entry in a row here that involves a baby being born, but it works in this case! For those that don't know, Gawain is Greil, but it takes place before the events of PoR and before he changed his name, so he is Gawain here. I wonder how funny Ike and Jerec's reaction would be if they found out Elena delivered the latter. XD Those circumstances though... The chances weren't super high, but if Bryce and Susan's personal physician had been well...Susan may have lived. But sometimes life really sucks like that, you know?

Susan is the only OC in this besides Jerec, btw. The four Riders all existed in the Tellius saga at some point, though Lanvega is the least relevant. All we know of him is that he's Fiona's dad and ruled over the Marado territory before she did.

Also, there's some foreshadowing in this, though it's probably not hard to find. 😛

Edited by Anacybele