SF's "Write Your Butt Off" Competition HD II.5 Remix

AnonymousSpeed

7 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

Also Otts random question, in your expert opinion does this seem to say 'Magical Girl' to you?
...Yes, you are allowed to be disgusted by the utter disregard Japan has for the necessity of pants on 16-year-olds. And yes, those of you who didn't want to click that but had to for curiosity's sake after reading my note, you are allowed to hate me even though it wasn't my idea to dress her like that.

Okay first of all what game/anime is that cause that girl is hella cute. Why the hell did you think I would be disgusted by something like that? I watch anime on a near constant basis. I’m used to it by now. Anime girls not wearing pants is synonymous with the sky being blue at this point.

Secondly, that looks like a magical girl transformation sequence.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

It's been tailing me for two damn weeks, though I have been working on other stories to try to lessen the blow, but it wasn't easy.  This one though...I don't know about longer, since I wasn't exactly going with the original idea, which was to say Corrin went berserk and killed everyone due to his grief of losing Elise and Xander on the Birthright route- which incidentally is what the story was based on.  I kind of felt that'd be too M territory tbh, so I went this way instead.

I don't think that would've been M territory at all unless there was a bunch of blood and gore and stuff described/mentioned. Remember, again, what's M here is different than Australia. You have a little more leeway.

EDIT: That anime transformation reminds me more of the Miraculous ones than Sailor Moon does. Wow. And Miraculous specifically took inspiration from Sailor Moon.

Edited by Anacybele

31 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

That anime transformation reminds me more of the Miraculous ones than Sailor Moon does. Wow. And Miraculous specifically took inspiration from Sailor Moon.

Speaking of I believe there’s an anime trailer of miraculous produced by toei animation(the ones behind the original sailor moon anime) though from what I hear it didn’t lead to anything because miraculous’s spots made it difficult to animate in 2D

edit:

Here it is looks pretty good

Edited by Ottservia

8 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Speaking of I believe there’s an anime trailer of miraculous by toei though from what I hear it didn’t lead to anything because miraculous’s spots made it difficult to animate in 2D

I saw that once. But it might actually be from when the show was initially planned to be an anime. I'm glad that changed, honestly, for Cat Noir's sake. His hair just looks far too crazy, and the character who was in that role was a jerk. Adrien was created later and I think he makes a better Cat Noir than Felix ever would have. Felix is just fine as his jerk cousin (who might have changed...somewhat). I'll take the current Cat Noir's jokes, puns, showing off, and flirting any day. XD Can't imagine that Felix in the suit would've been this way at all.

...Granted, I wouldn't have pictured this being kind, polite, and refined Adrien either. But I find it more believable for him than Felix.

Edited by Anacybele

8 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I don't think that would've been M territory at all unless there was a bunch of blood and gore and stuff described/mentioned. Remember, again, what's M here is different than Australia. You have a little more leeway.

EDIT: That anime transformation reminds me more of the Miraculous ones than Sailor Moon does. Wow. And Miraculous specifically took inspiration from Sailor Moon.

That's the problem, since a majority of the time, the stuff I deal with is M rated stuff, so it's very difficult to know where the line is drawn.  Especially since every Fire Emblem game has an M rating in Aus.

25 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

That's the problem, since a majority of the time, the stuff I deal with is M rated stuff, so it's very difficult to know where the line is drawn.  Especially since every Fire Emblem game has an M rating in Aus.

I see. Well, hopefully you can get a better idea sometime.

Honestly I think we need a better definition for M rated stuff here. I know some of the entries I’ve posted can be borderline though I typically go for a teen rating with my stuff. I think we need a better definition of what isn’t allowed.

10 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Honestly I think we need a better definition for M rated stuff here. I know some of the entries I’ve posted can be borderline though I typically go for a teen rating with my stuff. I think we need a better definition of what isn’t allowed.

This.

I totally agree, because that would make it a lot easier.

I don't think I'm gonna have an entry  for this round. I have absolutely nothing at all, even with comic sans, and I'm really busy preparing for my concerts.

Also, (even though this is like a week late) apologies to @Anacybele for insulting/angering you. I have a tendency to say/type stupid things without thinking them through. I have a list of scenarios where I've said the wrong thing at the right time, but I'm not going to list them now so I don't insult anyone else.

24 minutes ago, Benice said:

Also, (even though this is like a week late) apologies to @Anacybele for insulting/angering you. I have a tendency to say/type stupid things without thinking them through. I have a list of scenarios where I've said the wrong thing at the right time, but I'm not going to list them now so I don't insult anyone else.

Don't worry, I was just surprised by what you said, not so much angered or anything.

On 11/25/2019 at 7:20 AM, Ottservia said:

Okay first of all what game/anime is that cause that girl is hella cute. Why the hell did you think I would be disgusted by something like that? I watch anime on a near constant basis. I’m used to it by now. Anime girls not wearing pants is synonymous with the sky being blue at this point.

Secondly, that looks like a magical girl transformation sequence.

That, my friend, is quite possibly the greatest (censored)up ATLUS and Spike Chunsoft ever had, Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars, available on the 3DS and PSVita. I highly recommend the free Demo. The actual game...maybe you’re better off watching a playthrough. Incredibly fanservicey, ridiculously easy right up until the second-to-last dungeon when everything randomly jacks up to 11...you will, however, come away from the game with at least one of the seven Heroines on your waifu list, I 75% guarantee, and only at the cost of hating all non-Heroine characters with actual names because they are in fact complete garbage almost entirely across the board. And somehow I still like it enough that I have a changelog written up for what I’m going to do to fix it when I one day buy the rights to it because I’m going to do that one day. The Heroine in question is Ellie Troit, and oh boy, her backstory gets interesting, I may do a piece here on her if the right prompt offers itself. Dig around on the Wikia the link goes to if you’re interested.

EDIT! Fun fact I forgot to add, Ellie is also voiced by Sumia. Lissa voices one of the other girls, too, so yeah, that’s cool.

Edited by SoulWeaver

Kinda jammed this out when I was supposed to be listening to something important. Oh well.

Why I quit playing Shadow Dragon

Word count 838(way smaller than it should have been but it's 12:30 leave me alone)

Notes(Post-Read Please):

Spoiler

Dramatization of actual events. Semi-professional casual in doorless room, do not attempt.
In case the positioning is hard to follow in your head, here's the only image of the Chapter map I could find, you may have to zoom in.
You may laugh, but Palla actually was the main reason I decided I was going to pick SD up in the first place - I had no idea she was such an absolute babe until I summoned her in Heroes. Holy frick is her artwork gorgeous(even her battle pose isn't bad once you get used to it, though the damaged artwork is meh), and her VA absolutely knocks it out of the park. There's a reason she was the first character I selected when picking out the Wanderers' Roster, so hopefully you can imagine my frustration with the whole turn of events.
As usual, it felt rushed to me, though that was mostly because I actually did rush this one out. All the same, it was a bit hard to write, especially the first part, the actual dying scene was easier because I could see it play out in my head movie-style, with the Awakening theme for when Chrom or Robin specifically dies playing in the background.

Kind of wish I'd flipped heads, I would have thrown out something nice and janky and probably lighthearted. I might also throw an additional non-entry piece up if I can get it put together well enough in time.

Always Left Behind

Fandom: Fire Emblem Awakening

Word count: 2,816

Spoiler

Severa’s eyes sparkled with a wide smile as she watched her mother dance in the sky. Aurora’s wings sliced through the air like a knife through butter with a level of elegance and grace akin to that of a poised dancer. The way her mother held the reigns and guided her pegasus was nothing short of breathtaking.

“Beautiful isn’t it?” A female voice spoke up.

The five-year-old looked over to see a brown-haired pegasus knight standing beside her.

“Yep,” Severa nodded with a smile, “My mommy is the best pegasus knight around!”

The knight smiled, “you can say that again, Do you think that’ll be you up there one day?”

Severa nodded again, “Of course! When I grow up, I want to be as great of a pegasus knight as my mommy! And as smart of a tactician as my daddy!”

The pegasus knight blinked for a moment, “Oh my that’s quite the ambitious goal”

“Yep but I know can do it!”

The knight smiled again, “I’m sure you can. You are their daughter after all. With your parentage, you could probably do anything you set your mind to”

“Really?”

She nodded, “Your parents are naturally gifted geniuses in their respective fields, I’d expect nothing less than the same from any child of theirs. It’s in your blood!” She looked towards the bright blue sky, “Reach for the sky and I’m sure you’ll succeed”

Severa looked up at her mother soar through the sky once again. She looked so far away and out of reach. She stretched out her hand towards the endless horizon only to grasp nothing but air. One day she will reach her mother and soar alongside her in the endless blue sky above.

------

“Come on! Pull up! Pull up!” Severa yanked at the reigns as her pegasus shrieked in pain. Her heart raced as the two of them rapidly rocketed towards the sea of trees below.

Next thing she knew, Severa found herself tumbling through a storm of leaves and branches before skidding across the floor and slammed face-first into a large oak tree. A muffled groan escaped her lips as she fell backward into the soft bed of grass. Each breath from her lungs weighed like cinder blocks. The world around her spun around in a fog of dizziness. However, through that fog, the bright blue sky above remained clear and still. The bright blue and endless sky that she fell from yet again. The sky her mother and sister danced in freely without a care in the world. How did they make it look so darn easy? Here she was working her ass off just to stay airborne yet they can soar so freely with no effort at all!

Severa closed her eyes. It wasn’t fair. None of this was fair. Why were they so much better than her at everything? Academics, tactics, magic, even basic sword, and spear training, it took Severa everything she had just to keep up with her younger sister no less. Wasn’t it usually the older sibling that’s supposed to be better at everything? It was pathetic, really. Severa opened her eyes again to the clear and boundless sky above. She watched as two pegasuses sped through the puffy white clouds. Why did it have to be so far away? So far out of her reach? Her body ached as she tried to reach out her hand towards the clouds only for her hand to flop back to the floor. It hurt. Everything hurt. Her arms, legs, head, and especially her heart. It hurt to watch everyone soar above her as she watched from the cold hard ground.

I wanna be just like my mother when I grow up!

I’ll get it eventually! I just need to keep trying!

Those words scrambled through her head. Nothing but empty words from a naive stupid little girl. What was the point? Maybe she should just give up. No one would care anyway. Like anyone would care about a failure like her. A girl who couldn’t even stay airborne for more than five minutes wanted to fly alongside the greatest knight the force has seen? How pathetic! It was laughable. She closed her eyes again. She should just accept the fact that she won’t amount to anything no matter how many times she decided to roll again. It was all so pointless.

“Severa!” She heard Morgan’s voice call out to her.

Severa opened her eyes to see her sister’s worried face looming over her. Great, what did she want?

“Are you okay?” Her sister asked as she outstretched her hand.

Severa looked at the hand and scoffed, “I’m fine” She let out a slight groan as she pushed herself to her feet. “Nothing broken anyway”

Her sister smiled, “Well that’s good! Mom and I were really worried when the other knights told us you had crashed”

Severa bit her lip as she heard those words.

“Well, you don’t need to worry about me” Severa crossed her arms, “I can handle myself, alright!”

“Alright, but I still think you should have Aunt Lissa take a look at you” She said as she took a closer look at the many scrapes, cuts, and bruises that covered Severa’s body. “You look pretty bad”

“Alright, fine” Severa huffed in defeat.

“Great!” Morgan clapped her hands together and smiled, “Now let’s get going! Mom said she would cook beef stew tonight as a celebration for me doing so well on the flight drills today! Oh, I can’t wait!”

Severa then watched as her little sister then sprinted towards the edge of the forest. Her sister’s back stared at her as it moved further and further away just out of her reach. She didn’t follow. It would hurt too much to try and run alongside her. Once again she was left behind, unable to catch up.

-----

“I’m sorry Morgan...” Severa said as she buried the small box containing her sister’s tactics book.

She brushed off some of the mud and rose to her feet. She then looked down at the three makeshift tombstones in front of her. The sky’s sobs rang clear in her ears as her body was drenched in the tears of the weeping heavens. She stood there silent as all feeling in her body was washed away by the cold and numbing rain. Her heart ached an endless pain as it continued to sink ever deeper into the bottomless ocean.

Flashes of her sister’s death stung at her heart. So many arrows jabbed into her body like a porcupine as her body lay in an ocean of blood. All she could do was watch and run as screams of terror and pain-filled her ears. She really was a failure, wasn’t she?

She gazed up towards the dark swirling clouds above. A loud boom of thunder roared through the sky. It wasn’t fair. None of this was fair. Why? Why was she the only one left alive? Why did they have to leave her behind? Why did they have to leave her all alone?

A rush of tears began to pool in her eyes as she moved her hands to her face. Why? After everything, she’s said to them and after all the times she’s disappointed them, why was she the one to get left behind? She was nothing but a failure and a disappointment. A defective bastard child that should’ve never been born. She didn’t deserve to live. She didn’t deserve to have them care about her. It just wasn’t fair! No matter what she did or how hard she worked; she was always the one left behind by everyone. She could only watch helplessly from the cold hard ground as they all ascended towards the bright blue sky above. The bright blue and clear sky that was forever out of her reach.

“Wh-Why won’t this pain just go away…”

----

“And checkmate!” Morgan said as she moved her rook into place. “Looks like you lose again Sev”

“What?! But I-Arghhh!!” Severa groaned in defeat and pulled at her hair. How does she always manage to manage to outplay her like that?! Even without her memories! “I thought I had you, that time! I knew I should’ve moved my knight to take your bishop on that one turn”

Morgan giggled, “Well actually if you had done that, you would’ve lost a lot sooner”

Severa frowned, “How so?”

“Well if we recreate the board on that turn…” Morgan began as she started to rearrange all the pieces in stunning accuracy, “You can see my Bishop here and your knight here. Now with this setup there were about three or four moves you could’ve made” She pointed to one of her sister’s rooks, “The first was to position your rook a couple spaces ahead so you could take my queen but that would’ve put your own queen at risk so you decided against it”

“Uh-huh”

“The second option you had was to move your knight back to guard your king which was likely one of the safest options you had which is why you went with it,” Morgan continued, “And the third was to take my bishop with your knight to put my king in check. A bold move and might’ve even allowed you to win a couple turns later if…”

Morgan picked up one of her pawns “If only you had accounted for this pawn right here which if you had put taken my bishop, your knight would’ve been in danger of not only my rook but the pawn here as well which would’ve resulted in a loss not one turn later instead of four”

Severa’s jaw dropped as she took in what her sister had just explained. She took into account everything. The positioning of the pieces, the pieces she had, how she would react and so forth. She really was a genius.

“Severa? Helloooo, anyone in there?”

“Littleshowoff” Severa grumbled under her breath.

Morgan raised an eyebrow, “What was that?”

Severa remained silent and looked to the floor. Even after all this time, even without her memories, her little sister was still so far ahead of her in everything. Her nails dug into her palm. It just wasn’t fair! Why was she always so behind? Why was she always walking ahead of her?

“Uh, Severa? You there?” Morgan asked, “I know you lost but you don’t have to give me the silent treatment. It’s just a game. Was it something I said? If so, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to hurt your feelings”

Severa looked back at her sister. Her violet eyes were rife with concern. Those sweet innocent eyes that constantly looked back at her. Those eyes that constantly looked down on her from the blue sky. Those eyes that she failed to protect back then. No, she wouldn’t be left behind again. She folded her arms to guard her heart.

“How could you ever understand my feelings?!” Severa finally said and scowled at her sister, “How could someone as perfect as you ever hope to understand how I feel?!”

Morgan seemed to flinch at those words, “Severa...I…”

“Look at you acting all high and mighty without a care in the world!” She stood up and glared down at Morgan, “Gods it just makes me sick just watching you! Running around showing everyone how smart you are! It must feel real good to be showered with praise like that!”

Morgan sunk into her hood as her eyes moved away from Severa’s razor-sharp glare. A pool of tears daring to leak from her eyes.

“You don’t care about my feelings! You never cared! It was like this in the future too, not that you’d remember” Severa continued her verbal assault, “You were always so annoying as you kept bragging about how much better you were than me,” She scoffed, “You never considered how I felt!”

Severa continued to glare at her sister as a loud silence echoed across the room. A low sob began to grumble through the room and strike Severa with a familiar pain. Her sister’s sobs were like nails on a chalkboard as she looked away for a moment. She looked back at her sister and reached out her hand only for her to sprint away. Her sister’s back glared at her with a familiar gaze that bore into her heart. Severa’s body froze. She couldn’t run after her. She was already too far out of her reach

------

Severa looked up as her sister flew through the clear blue sky. Her chest knotted itself as she recalled what she had said the other day. Perhaps, she had been too harsh. She should apologize, or was it too late for that? It probably was seeing as her sister probably hated her now.

“I’M SORRY!!” She cried out in between sobs, “I’m so sorry! I-I didn’t mean what I said, please don’t ever leave me again...please…promise”

Her mother curved a soft smile, “I promise”

Severa’s heart ached as that memory began to bubble to the surface. Severa shook her head. What was she thinking this was a battlefield. She had to keep focus. She could worry about all that later. For now, she had a battle to help win.

She looked over to the pack of enemy soldiers scattered across the horizon. She pulled out her sword and dashed towards them.  If nothing else, she was good with a blade.

Y’know Morgan, I know I don’t say this a lot but I love you with all my heart…

Sparks flew into the air as Severa locked blades with an enemy sword master.

I know that may sound strange coming from me but it’s the truth. You’re my little sister after all…

A cry of pain hit her ears as her blade dug into his flesh. A fountain of blood sprayed into the air and coated her blade. She turned to see a couple more soldiers sprinting towards her.

I know I can be a bit prickly and a bit of a jerk at times and I’m sorry…

Severa stepped to the side to dodge an oncoming lance. She winced as a fresh pain stung at her hip. She grabbed the spear shaft and moved into strike.

It’s just that whenever I see you or mom, I can’t help but get angry…

Severa let out a deep ragged breath as another enemy went down. She checked herself for any injuries before being jumped by another soldier.

You two were just always walking ahead of me. No matter how much I worked or how hard I tried, I just couldn’t keep up...

A cry of pain shot from her mouth as the edge of a sword ripped across her chest. Severa staggered back and gripped the fresh wound. Heavy blood-stained breaths heaved from her lungs.

It was just so frustrating to see you and mother fly so high while I was left behind in the dirt…

Severa’s body jolted with pain as she moved to avoid another sword strike. A sting of pain stung at her shoulder as she looked over to see an arrow dug into her flesh.

I was jealous. I was jealous of your talent, your natural skill, everything. It made me bitter and resentful but even so…

After mom died, you were all I had…

Severa rolled to the side and winced as she was grazed by the tip of the sword.

All I had to keep me sane in that dark and desolate future and when you died I just…

A vomit of blood erupted from Severa’s mouth as she felt the silver sword drill through her abdomen.

I just couldn’t take it. It all just hurt more than any wound. Once again you and mom had both left me behind and soared towards the bright blue sky above…

And I could never reach you no matter how hard I tried…

Severa slumped to the ground as the many blades of grass tickled her back. Rivers of crimson flowed endlessly from her wounds into the thick ocean below. Everything was beginning to grow hazy as every ounce of pain began to fade away. She gazed up at the bright blue sky above. It was always so clear and beautiful. It hasn’t changed since that day all those years ago. She saw two pegasuses rocketing towards her from above.

Though, this time… I’m….

“S...e...ve...ra…!” She heard a muffled scream.

“I’m...leaving...you behind…”

The world began to fade as all she saw was a blob of red looming over her.

I’m sorry. I’m sorry for being such a jerk. I’m sorry for being such an unruly daughter. I’m sorry for being a burden. I’m sorry for being a disappointment. And I’m sorry for leaving you behind…

It seems as though now; my broken wings can finally fly…

And with that, everything went dark.

Post-read notes:

Spoiler

I honestly don't quite know how to feel about this one. It feels like something is missing. I just don't know what though. I suffered through a lot of writer's block with this one so maybe that's it. Then again, a completed story is better than no story. The ending also comes off as a little abrupt to me but eh what can you do. Oh well I did my best at least.

Also, thanks to @Azure, Roundabouted Out for helping me get some ideas for this one. It really helped kick me out of the bit of the slump I was in.

Edited by Ottservia

51 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Always Left Behind

Fandom: Fire Emblem Awakening

Word count: 2,816

Hide contents

Severa’s eyes sparkled with a wide smile as she watched her mother dance in the sky. Aurora’s wings sliced through the air like a knife through butter with a level of elegance and grace akin to that of a poised dancer. The way her mother held the reigns and guided her pegasus was nothing short of breathtaking.

“Beautiful isn’t it?” A female voice spoke up.

The five-year-old looked over to see a brown-haired pegasus knight standing beside her.

“Yep,” Severa nodded with a smile, “My mommy is the best pegasus knight around!”

The knight smiled, “you can say that again, Do you think that’ll be you up there one day?”

Severa nodded again, “Of course! When I grow up, I want to be as great of a pegasus knight as my mommy! And as smart of a tactician as my daddy!”

The pegasus knight blinked for a moment, “Oh my that’s quite the ambitious goal”

“Yep but I know can do it!”

The knight smiled again, “I’m sure you can. You are their daughter after all. With your parentage, you could probably do anything you set your mind to”

“Really?”

She nodded, “Your parents are naturally gifted geniuses in their respective fields, I’d expect nothing less than the same from any child of theirs. It’s in your blood!” She looked towards the bright blue sky, “Reach for the sky and I’m sure you’ll succeed”

Severa looked up at her mother soar through the sky once again. She looked so far away and out of reach. She stretched out her hand towards the endless horizon only to grasp nothing but air. One day she will reach her mother and soar alongside her in the endless blue sky above.

------

“Come on! Pull up! Pull up!” Severa yanked at the reigns as her pegasus shrieked in pain. Her heart raced as the two of them rapidly rocketed towards the sea of trees below.

Next thing she knew, Severa found herself tumbling through a storm of leaves and branches before skidding across the floor and slammed face-first into a large oak tree. A muffled groan escaped her lips as she fell backward into the soft bed of grass. Each breath from her lungs weighed like cinder blocks. The world around her spun around in a fog of dizziness. However, through that fog, the bright blue sky above remained clear and still. The bright blue and endless sky that she fell from yet again. The sky her mother and sister danced in freely without a care in the world. How did they make it look so darn easy? Here she was working her ass off just to stay airborne yet they can soar so freely with no effort at all!

Severa closed her eyes. It wasn’t fair. None of this was fair. Why were they so much better than her at everything? Academics, tactics, magic, even basic sword, and spear training, it took Severa everything she had just to keep up with her younger sister no less. Wasn’t it usually the older sibling that’s supposed to be better at everything? It was pathetic, really. Severa opened her eyes again to the clear and boundless sky above. She watched as two pegasuses sped through the puffy white clouds. Why did it have to be so far away? So far out of her reach? Her body ached as she tried to reach out her hand towards the clouds only for her hand to flop back to the floor. It hurt. Everything hurt. Her arms, legs, head, and especially her heart. It hurt to watch everyone soar above her as she watched from the cold hard ground.

I wanna be just like my mother when I grow up!

I’ll get it eventually! I just need to keep trying!

Those words scrambled through her head. Nothing but empty words from a naive stupid little girl. What was the point? Maybe she should just give up. No one would care anyway. Like anyone would care about a failure like her. A girl who couldn’t even stay airborne for more than five minutes wanted to fly alongside the greatest knight the force has seen? How pathetic! It was laughable. She closed her eyes again. She should just accept the fact that she won’t amount to anything no matter how many times she decided to roll again. It was all so pointless.

“Severa!” She heard Morgan’s voice call out to her.

Severa opened her eyes to see her sister’s worried face looming over her. Great, what did she want?

“Are you okay?” Her sister asked as she outstretched her hand.

Severa looked at the hand and scoffed, “I’m fine” She let out a slight groan as she pushed herself to her feet. “Nothing broken anyway”

Her sister smiled, “Well that’s good! Mom and I were really worried when the other knights told us you had crashed”

Severa bit her lip as she heard those words.

“Well, you don’t need to worry about me” Severa crossed her arms, “I can handle myself, alright!”

“Alright, but I still think you should have Aunt Lissa take a look at you” She said as she took a closer look at the many scrapes, cuts, and bruises that covered Severa’s body. “You look pretty bad”

“Alright, fine” Severa huffed in defeat.

“Great!” Morgan clapped her hands together and smiled, “Now let’s get going! Mom said she would cook beef stew tonight as a celebration for me doing so well on the flight drills today! Oh, I can’t wait!”

Severa then watched as her little sister then sprinted towards the edge of the forest. Her sister’s back stared at her as it moved further and further away just out of her reach. She didn’t follow. It would hurt too much to try and run alongside her. Once again she was left behind, unable to catch up.

-----

“I’m sorry Morgan...” Severa said as she buried the small box containing her sister’s tactics book.

She brushed off some of the mud and rose to her feet. She then looked down at the three makeshift tombstones in front of her. The sky’s sobs rang clear in her ears as her body was drenched in the tears of the weeping heavens. She stood there silent as all feeling in her body was washed away by the cold and numbing rain. Her heart ached an endless pain as it continued to sink ever deeper into the bottomless ocean.

Flashes of her sister’s death stung at her heart. So many arrows jabbed into her body like a porcupine as her body lay in an ocean of blood. All she could do was watch and run as screams of terror and pain-filled her ears. She really was a failure, wasn’t she?

She gazed up towards the dark swirling clouds above. A loud boom of thunder roared through the sky. It wasn’t fair. None of this was fair. Why? Why was she the only one left alive? Why did they have to leave her behind? Why did they have to leave her all alone?

A rush of tears began to pool in her eyes as she moved her hands to her face. Why? After everything, she’s said to them and after all the times she’s disappointed them, why was she the one to get left behind? She was nothing but a failure and a disappointment. A defective bastard child that should’ve never been born. She didn’t deserve to live. She didn’t deserve to have them care about her. It just wasn’t fair! No matter what she did or how hard she worked; she was always the one left behind by everyone. She could only watch helplessly from the cold hard ground as they all ascended towards the bright blue sky above. The bright blue and clear sky that was forever out of her reach.

“Wh-Why won’t this pain just go away…”

----

“And checkmate!” Morgan said as she moved her rook into place. “Looks like you lose again Sev”

“What?! But I-Arghhh!!” Severa groaned in defeat and pulled at her hair. How does she always manage to manage to outplay her like that?! Even without her memories! “I thought I had you, that time! I knew I should’ve moved my knight to take your bishop on that one turn”

Morgan giggled, “Well actually if you had done that, you would’ve lost a lot sooner”

Severa frowned, “How so?”

“Well if we recreate the board on that turn…” Morgan began as she started to rearrange all the pieces in stunning accuracy, “You can see my Bishop here and your knight here. Now with this setup there were about three or four moves you could’ve made” She pointed to one of her sister’s rooks, “The first was to position your rook a couple spaces ahead so you could take my queen but that would’ve put your own queen at risk so you decided against it”

“Uh-huh”

“The second option you had was to move your knight back to guard your king which was likely one of the safest options you had which is why you went with it,” Morgan continued, “And the third was to take my bishop with your knight to put my king in check. A bold move and might’ve even allowed you to win a couple turns later if…”

Morgan picked up one of her pawns “If only you had accounted for this pawn right here which if you had put taken my bishop, your knight would’ve been in danger of not only my rook but the pawn here as well which would’ve resulted in a loss not one turn later instead of four”

Severa’s jaw dropped as she took in what her sister had just explained. She took into account everything. The positioning of the pieces, the pieces she had, how she would react and so forth. She really was a genius.

“Severa? Helloooo, anyone in there?”

“Littleshowoff” Severa grumbled under her breath.

Morgan raised an eyebrow, “What was that?”

Severa remained silent and looked to the floor. Even after all this time, even without her memories, her little sister was still so far ahead of her in everything. Her nails dug into her palm. It just wasn’t fair! Why was she always so behind? Why was she always walking ahead of her?

“Uh, Severa? You there?” Morgan asked, “I know you lost but you don’t have to give me the silent treatment. It’s just a game. Was it something I said? If so, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to hurt your feelings”

Severa looked back at her sister. Her violet eyes were rife with concern. Those sweet innocent eyes that constantly looked back at her. Those eyes that constantly looked down on her from the blue sky. Those eyes that she failed to protect back then. No, she wouldn’t be left behind again. She folded her arms to guard her heart.

“How could you ever understand my feelings?!” Severa finally said and scowled at her sister, “How could someone as perfect as you ever hope to understand how I feel?!”

Morgan seemed to flinch at those words, “Severa...I…”

“Look at you acting all high and mighty without a care in the world!” She stood up and glared down at Morgan, “Gods it just makes me sick just watching you! Running around showing everyone how smart you are! It must feel real good to be showered with praise like that!”

Morgan sunk into her hood as her eyes moved away from Severa’s razor-sharp glare. A pool of tears daring to leak from her eyes.

“You don’t care about my feelings! You never cared! It was like this in the future too, not that you’d remember” Severa continued her verbal assault, “You were always so annoying as you kept bragging about how much better you were than me,” She scoffed, “You never considered how I felt!”

Severa continued to glare at her sister as a loud silence echoed across the room. A low sob began to grumble through the room and strike Severa with a familiar pain. Her sister’s sobs were like nails on a chalkboard as she looked away for a moment. She looked back at her sister and reached out her hand only for her to sprint away. Her sister’s back glared at her with a familiar gaze that bore into her heart. Severa’s body froze. She couldn’t run after her. She was already too far out of her reach

------

Severa looked up as her sister flew through the clear blue sky. Her chest knotted itself as she recalled what she had said the other day. Perhaps, she had been too harsh. She should apologize, or was it too late for that? It probably was seeing as her sister probably hated her now.

“I’M SORRY!!” She cried out in between sobs, “I’m so sorry! I-I didn’t mean what I said, please don’t ever leave me again...please…promise”

Her mother curved a soft smile, “I promise”

Severa’s heart ached as that memory began to bubble to the surface. Severa shook her head. What was she thinking this was a battlefield. She had to keep focus. She could worry about all that later. For now, she had a battle to help win.

She looked over to the pack of enemy soldiers scattered across the horizon. She pulled out her sword and dashed towards them.  If nothing else, she was good with a blade.

Y’know Morgan, I know I don’t say this a lot but I love you with all my heart…

Sparks flew into the air as Severa locked blades with an enemy sword master.

I know that may sound strange coming from me but it’s the truth. You’re my little sister after all…

A cry of pain hit her ears as her blade dug into his flesh. A fountain of blood sprayed into the air and coated her blade. She turned to see a couple more soldiers sprinting towards her.

I know I can be a bit prickly and a bit of a jerk at times and I’m sorry…

Severa stepped to the side to dodge an oncoming lance. She winced as a fresh pain stung at her hip. She grabbed the spear shaft and moved into strike.

It’s just that whenever I see you or mom, I can’t help but get angry…

Severa let out a deep ragged breath as another enemy went down. She checked herself for any injuries before being jumped by another soldier.

You two were just always walking ahead of me. No matter how much I worked or how hard I tried, I just couldn’t keep up...

A cry of pain shot from her mouth as the edge of a sword ripped across her chest. Severa staggered back and gripped the fresh wound. Heavy blood-stained breaths heaved from her lungs.

It was just so frustrating to see you and mother fly so high while I was left behind in the dirt…

Severa’s body jolted with pain as she moved to avoid another sword strike. A sting of pain stung at her shoulder as she looked over to see an arrow dug into her flesh.

I was jealous. I was jealous of your talent, your natural skill, everything. It made me bitter and resentful but even so…

After mom died, you were all I had…

Severa rolled to the side and winced as she was grazed by the tip of the sword.

All I had to keep me sane in that dark and desolate future and when you died I just…

A vomit of blood erupted from Severa’s mouth as she felt the silver sword drill through her abdomen.

I just couldn’t take it. It all just hurt more than any wound. Once again you and mom had both left me behind and soared towards the bright blue sky above…

And I could never reach you no matter how hard I tried…

Severa slumped to the ground as the many blades of grass tickled her back. Rivers of crimson flowed endlessly from her wounds into the thick ocean below. Everything was beginning to grow hazy as every ounce of pain began to fade away. She gazed up at the bright blue sky above. It was always so clear and beautiful. It hasn’t changed since that day all those years ago. She saw two pegasuses rocketing towards her from above.

Though, this time… I’m….

“S...e...ve...ra…!” She heard a muffled scream.

“I’m...leaving...you behind…”

The world began to fade as all she saw was a blob of red looming over her.

I’m sorry. I’m sorry for being such a jerk. I’m sorry for being such an unruly daughter. I’m sorry for being a burden. I’m sorry for being a disappointment. And I’m sorry for leaving you behind…

It seems as though now; my broken wings can finally fly…

And with that, everything went dark.

Post-read notes:

Hide contents

I honestly don't quite know how to feel about this one. It feels like something is missing. I just don't know what though. I suffered through a lot of writer's block with this one so maybe that's it. Then again, a completed story is better than no story. The ending also comes off as a little abrupt to me but eh what can you do. Oh well I did my best at least.

Also, thanks to @Azure, Roundabouted Out for helping me get some ideas for this one. It really helped kick me out of the bit of the slump I was in.

Thank you. And this was really good. Going to take a second read later to find out what possibly could be missing.

34 minutes ago, Azure, Roundabouted Out said:

Thank you. And this was really good. Going to take a second read later to find out what possibly could be missing.

If you're critiquing this one now, you should do the other entries too... Just saying.

2 hours ago, Azure, Roundabouted Out said:

Will do all of them at once at some point.

Oh okay then, that works.

There are four entries and basically just one day left for this round. I kind of expected to see more than that with the prompts we got. I also didn't expect that all the entries would go with only one of the two. We didn't get a single story that used the pairing prompt. A bit disappointing. xP

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh okay then, that works.

There are four entries and basically just one day left for this round. I kind of expected to see more than that with the prompts we got. I also didn't expect that all the entries would go with only one of the two. We didn't get a single story that used the pairing prompt. A bit disappointing. xP

While I can’t speak for everyone, all I’m gonna say writing death scenes is fun for me. Especially so if written from the perspective of the character that’s going to die. I dunno I just really like exploring the idea of a character coming to terms with their own mortality. What goes on through their head and such as they take their final breaths. Things like that are things I like to write.

Edited by Ottservia

4 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

While I can’t speak for everyone, all I’m gonna say writing death scenes is fun for me. Especially so if written from the perspective of the character that’s going to die. I dunno I just really like exploring the idea of a character coming to terms with their own mortality. What goes on through their head and such as they take their final breaths. Things like that are things I like to write.

I see. That's fine, really. The reason I used that prompt is because as I'd said, I'd already recently done an entry that had some focus on a pairing.

Though I admit, writing Frederick's death was bittersweet. It was neat and still sad because I love him. Though I mainly picked him for this because out of all my favs, he totally would be the one to be killed in battle. He makes it clear that he'll take a hit for Chrom no matter what, particularly in their festival conversation, in which he literally DOES take a hit for him. In fact, that scene is what inspired my entry.

Edited by Anacybele

7 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I see. That's fine, really. The reason I used that prompt is because as I'd said, I'd already recently done an entry that had some focus on a pairing.

Though I admit, writing Frederick's death was bittersweet. It was neat and still sad because I love him. Though I mainly picked him for this because out of all my favs, he totally would be the one to be killed in battle. He makes it clear that he'll take a hit for Chrom no matter what, particularly in their festival conversation, in which he literally DOES take a hit for him. In fact, that scene is what inspired my entry.

Yeah Frederick would be the one to most likely to go down protecting the things he loves. Though I get that feeling. I killed off my favorite character this round. Then again I do that to a lot of my favorite characters. It's as they say though in writing you have to "kill your darlings". 

Also I put a digimon reference in my fic. Lemme know if any of you catch it. It's like literally one line though.

Edited by Ottservia

1 hour ago, Ottservia said:

Yeah Frederick would be the one to most likely to go down protecting the things he loves. Though I get that feeling. I killed off my favorite character this round. Then again I do that to a lot of my favorite characters. It's as they say though in writing you have to "kill your darlings". 

Also I put a digimon reference in my fic. Lemme know if any of you catch it. It's like literally one line though.

Exactly, he so would. He's so noble and caring like that, and that's one of the many things I like so much about him!

I'm sorry to say I won't catch that reference, I've not see much of Digimon.