SF's "Write Your Butt Off" Competition HD II.5 Remix

AnonymousSpeed

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just added a bit more dialogue to my entry, towards the end. It's during Cat Noir's confession. Just a couple lines, really. I felt this part kinda needed it after looking at it several times. I also corrected a typo. But I won't be changing anymore of the piece.

12 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Anyone like to listen to music while they write?

All the time. Typically I'll listen to music(anime/video game soundtracks) that sort of fits the scene I'm currently writing. I'll also listen to music that fits the same ideas I'm trying to convey. In fact a lot of the pieces I write are inspired by music I listen to which I try reference in the work itself.

Like I'll listen to things like Sadness and Sorrow:

or Gentle Hands

Memories within the Mirror is also a pretty good song

7 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

All the time. Typically I'll listen to music(anime/video game soundtracks) that sort of fits the scene I'm currently writing. I'll also listen to music that fits the same ideas I'm trying to convey. In fact a lot of the pieces I write are inspired by music I listen to which I try reference in the work itself.

Like I'll listen to things like Sadness and Sorrow:

or Gentle Hands

Memories within the Mirror is also a pretty good song

I'm quite similar but I tend to lean more towards a specific mix that revolves around a specific theme/artist though that's not to say my playlists are not somewhat random.

I've tried to listen to music while I work on things, but I end up paying too much attention to the music and not enough attention to the work. lol I wish I could work efficiently AND listen at the same time. 😛

55 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I've tried to listen to music while I work on things, but I end up paying too much attention to the music and not enough attention to the work. lol I wish I could work efficiently AND listen at the same time. 😛

I'm not always efficient, but for me music just works better than silence sometimes.

On a side note, if I'm playing a game that has the option to turn the music off I will nine time out of ten turn the music off then since I literally can't stay fully focused lol XD

5 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Anyone like to listen to music while they write?

Definitely. It gives me more motivation and even ideas. Probably not a good idea though. 

Edited by OrcaWolf

On 12/17/2019 at 9:42 PM, AnonymousSpeed said:

I mean, it is ostensibly a religious holiday.

True, but the way some people go on about how religion should have nothing to do with holidays drives me nuts so I figured I'd warn you all in case any of you were of like persuasion.

Anyways, here we go.

On This Holy Day
Wordcount like 15XX or something
Pre-Read Notes(Optional, hopefully not necessary to understand/enjoy):

Spoiler

Just a little explanation that mostly only benefits Chloey because she's somewhat familiar with the background.
At the end of my own writing story, Arilon, the main character, engages in battle with Vick Tarine, basically the climactic battle the whole thing leads up to. Arilon comes close to defeat and is saved at the last moment by...well, it varies, in an FE-Support-Based system where, if Arilon married over the course of the story(yeah, it's one of those kinds), his wife appears to help him. There are only two endings that deviate from this, the 'canon' ending, which doesn't matter here, and the 'Lore' ending, where the Empress Arilon has sworn himself as retainer to appears despite the two not sharing any romantic attachments. He then returns to her world(Lore) and resumes his position, striking up something of a relationship with one of the residents of Mystcroft, the equivalent of Halloween Town, which ultimately results in this piece, hence the 'Epilogue' in the title on the page.

Link:

Notes:

Spoiler

Welp, another piece that felt rushed. This is why you should write not at 2AM for two days on the week of. I don't think I did a particularly excellent job here, there wasn't much buildup, or really any wind-down, it just sort of oh hey there's people and it's Christmas but it's not called Christmas but he's calling it Christmas and woah religious exposition dump and hey it's over?
...If that makes sense.

Edited by SoulWeaver
Wrong link lol

4 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

True, but the way some people go on about how religion should have nothing to do with holidays drives me nuts so I figured I'd warn you all in case any of you were of like persuasion.

I don't know if it's entirely useful to make preemptive apologies in that instance, but I guess there's no real fault on your part?

4 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

That said, was this supposed to link to a Metroid website?

1 minute ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I don't know if it's entirely useful to make preemptive apologies in that instance, but I guess there's no real fault on your part?

That said, was this supposed to link to a Metroid website?

Son of a-

I forgot to copy the link and just pasted the last thing I copied I guess, haha, give me a minute.

Well I probably won't get mine done by tommorrow. Writer's block hurts in me ways that I just can't explain. Oh well I'll still read and review the entries though. I dunno what it is but I just have a hard time writing fluff.

1 minute ago, Ottservia said:

Well I probably won't get mine done by tommorrow. Writer's block hurts in me ways that I just can't explain. Oh well I'll still read and review the entries though. I dunno what it is but I just have a hard time writing fluff.

Heh, maybe ask @Dragoncat about that? She never seems to have trouble with fluff. XD

So I guess we're only going to have three entries for this round? That's a real bummer given that it's a CHRISTMAS prompt. Man, that should be one of the most fun prompts ever. 😞 Well, unless you don't celebrate it, I suppose.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Heh, maybe ask @Dragoncat about that? She never seems to have trouble with fluff. XD

So I guess we're only going to have three entries for this round? That's a real bummer given that it's a CHRISTMAS prompt. Man, that should be one of the most fun prompts ever. 😞 Well, unless you don't celebrate it, I suppose.

Ana, maybe it's a case of people not having the creative energy to come up with something for the prompt and not that they don't celebrate Christmas necessarily.

Please cut everyone some slack, just because you came up with something doesn't always mean everyone else can, life is vastly unpredictable and shit happens.  And writer's block is the biggest pain in the arse to deal with at times.  Sometimes a break is necessary to get creative again.

It's got nothing to do with the prompt, I liked it, and I'm sure a lot of other people did too.

2 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Ana, maybe it's a case of people not having the creative energy to come up with something for the prompt and not that they don't celebrate Christmas necessarily.

Please cut everyone some slack, just because you came up with something doesn't always mean everyone else can, life is vastly unpredictable and shit happens.  And writer's block is the biggest pain in the arse to deal with at times.  Sometimes a break is necessary to get creative again.

It's got nothing to do with the prompt, I liked it, and I'm sure a lot of other people did too.

...Excuse me, can you not act like I'm accusing people of shit when I'm not? I'm allowed to have some disappointment here and disappointment is all I'm expressing. I never said anyone hated the prompt or didn't celebrate Christmas or had to celebrate it.

Edited by Anacybele

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I had a really cute idea but writer's block, ADHD, and finals week had other plans so yeah...

2 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

I had a really cute idea but writer's block, ADHD, and finals week had other plans so yeah...

Huh, I figured people would have MORE time to write because school semesters are ending. I know I did for that reason. But I see.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...Excuse me, can you not act like I'm accusing people of shit when I'm not? I'm allowed to have some disappointment here and disappointment is all I'm expressing. I never said anyone hated the prompt or didn't celebrate Christmas or had to celebrate it.

All I said was what I interpreted, which to me sounded like you were doing.

Again, I am not looking for an argument, I just felt the need to point out how your post was interpreted.

Just now, TheSilentChloey said:

All I said was what I interpreted, which to me sounded like you were doing.

Again, I am not looking for an argument, I just felt the need to point out how your post was interpreted.

Interpreted by you. Not by anyone else. No one else seems to have any problem with what I said.