SF's "Write Your Butt Off" Competition HD II.5 Remix

AnonymousSpeed

19 hours ago, Ottservia said:

I apologize if I offended you by it. I just wanted to illustrate what I meant when I say "be a little more descriptive". I never intended to say "write it just like me" but rather "this is kind of what I mean when I say this". I hope I was able to get the point across.

Ironically, I was trying not to offend you. I guess I'm just not sp good at social interraction. Sorry. You did not offend me in any way, shapenor form.

Voting ends soon! Good luck for everybody going into the final 48 hours!

And Arghh, I really can't decided who to vote for! I'm swinging between two right now...

And we have a four-way tie. Lovely.

Edited by Benice

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/27/2020 at 4:29 AM, Jotari said:

Please do, because I'm largely in agreement with you.

It take me some time, but I can put it on my to-do list. It'd mostly be about critical hits and weapon accuracy, but there's a lot to write about such simple and massively important things.

18 hours ago, Benice said:

And we have a four-way tie. Lovely.

What beauty. Mwah. Perfecto.

4 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Wait since when did I get a vote? My entry is kinda shit

I like trash, Okay?!

Oh wait, I worded that wrong

I found yours to mbe the most entertaining, which made it easier for me to overlook its faults.

Edited by Benice

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Every entry has a vote except mine now... How lame...

Yours was my second choice. I had a really hard time deciding which to vote for... you should be very proud of what you wrote.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Yours was my second choice. I had a really hard time deciding which to vote for... you should be very proud of what you wrote.

I guess. And I appreciate the thought. It still saddens me a little though.

alright finally finished reading the last of these stories so let me lay out my thoughts:

@SoulWeaver

Hmm I quite enjoyed. Short simple and effective. It took the prompt in somewhat interesting direction and I like that. I also really like the bits of lore you added in there about embla and askr. It was a nice touch. Again I enjoyed it. Not really much else to say here honestly.

@AnonymousSpeed

I really liked this one and I was half expecting Idunn to die at the end. I like the imagery in the beginning. It was incredibly descriptive without being overbearing. This was a good piece and fit the prompt pretty well.

@TheSilentChloey

Not my personal cup of tea but it was simple yet effective. It was relatable at any rate as someone who has waded through the swamp that is gacha hell. I spend too much time on these games. Regardless, I struggle to find what the subversion is here. 

Honestly debating between voting for Anon's or soul's entry for this round. I enjoyed both of them a lot.

40 minutes ago, Benice said:

I like trash, Okay?!

Oh wait, I worded that wrong

Nah you worded that fine because it is trash in more ways than one

Edited by Ottservia

Might be a bit early, but it looks like we have our winner! Nice job, Soulweaver!

Ready for the prompt when y'all are.

Edited by Benice

I haven't voted yet. I could create a two-way tie. I still don't know which to vote for.

Though I also have to admit that my entry being bad this time has made me feel less like being involved in this round. It's also why I've yet to give any critique this time.

15 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I haven't voted yet. I could create a two-way tie. I still don't know which to vote for.

Though I also have to admit that my entry being bad this time has made me feel less like being involved in this round. It's also why I've yet to give any critique this time.

Your entry wasn’t bad. Hell objectively speaking mine is far worse in terms of quality. I just enjoyed Soul’s and Anon’s more. It’s as simple as that

8 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Your entry wasn’t bad. Hell objectively speaking mine is far worse in terms of quality. I just enjoyed Soul’s and Anon’s more. It’s as simple as that

That means to me that my entry was bad compared to the others. Simple as that. Never was a good writer anyway, I guess, and it isn't my dream job, so... Just a fun little past time once in awhile.

Edited by Anacybele

20 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

That means to me that my entry was bad compared to the others. Simple as that. Never was a good writer anyway, I guess, and it isn't my dream job, so... Just a fun little past time once in awhile.

That’s a pretty pessimistic way of viewing things but if that’s how you feel that’s how you feel. 

Anyway I kinda wanna write something cute for the next round. I hope the next prompt will allow me to do that.

4 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

That’s a pretty pessimistic way of viewing things but if that’s how you feel that’s how you feel.

Yeah, it is how I feel. I'm typically critical of myself. I always look for faults in my work so I can know where to improve and what to work on moving forward, you know? It's how I've progressed in art and writing and anything else I've put my mind to improving upon.

My mom tells me I should stop criticizing myself so much, but I don't care what she thinks. My methods work fine. I've improved vastly over the years in art. My art from ten years ago is way way worse than what I make now. So is my writing. I may not be a good writer yet, but I am better than I used to be. I've gone from a bad writer to an okay one, perhaps.

I admit though, I find it easier to criticize my art than my writing. So the process is a little slower for the latter. But it still works.

Edited by Anacybele

53 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Your entry wasn't bad in any way! The main reason I voted for Otts is because he subverted my expectations a bit more than you  did I appreciated all of the work you put into your and I liked how the grammar was quite good. I like the world you've built and I liked the characters in it; in terms of quality, it was no. 1 or maybe 2. The thing was that your story came from left field, whereas Otts' came from somewhere far beyond left field, so I'd say it was the prompt biting you here, not your writing. 

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again! Also 9/10 I hate everything I write,which makes my critique invalid, but I give it anyways, since people's opinions on your story are what matter in terms of success. I'd love to hear about what you though of mine, for example, since it's a world I'm planning a lot of stuff in.

Just now, Benice said:

Your entry wasn't bad in any way! The main reason I voted for Otts is because he subverted my expectations a bit more than you  did I appreciated all of the work you put into your and I liked how the grammar was quite good. I like the world you've built and I liked the characters in it; in terms of quality, it was no. 1 or maybe 2. The thing was that your story came from left field, whereas Otts' came from somewhere far beyond left field, so I'd say it was the prompt biting you here, not your writing. 

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again! Also 9/10 I hate everything I write,which makes my critique invalid, but I give it anyways, since people's opinions on your story are what matter in terms of success. I'd love to hear about what you though of mine, for example, since it's a world I'm planning a lot of stuff in.

I do agree that I didn't fit the prompt as well as I'd have liked. I knew it'd be difficult, but I wanted to give this a shot anyway and Ike's son getting framed by the thief girl from The First Time was a story idea I'd been wanting to do for awhile. I like challenging myself once in awhile. I guess this time it just didn't work out quite well.

But you are right that not fitting a prompt doesn't mean the story itself is bad. So that's a good point.

1 minute ago, Ottservia said:

Y’see it’s moments like these that make me love this little group of ours. Don’t beat yourself up @Anacybele. The story was fine. The prompt was not to your strength it would seem though

I like this group too, yeah. 🙂 And thanks, btw. As I said, I agree it was a difficult prompt to work with.

I hope the next gives me the opportunity to go 100% on this. I’ll definitely exploit all those vulnerable weak points if I can. Okay not my best hand at a reference but I tried.

I just hope I don't have to write fanfic; I for some reason am completely inable to write anything not original.

Hey, I managed to remember to write my list of prompt ideas down this time! How to make you all suffer...ah, I know.

Hang on, that's...me?!
Write a piece about a character meeting another version of themselves. It doesn't have to be Fire Emblem, but in a Fire Emblem context, this can be seasonal Units meeting(Spring Xander meets Dancer Xander), a Unit meeting another timeline variant of themselves(example removed due to Book III Spoilers), two versions of the same character meeting(Neutral Fjorm w/ base kit meets +ATK -SPD Fjorm w/ inherited Skills), or something even crazier(all the Camillas have a get-together, Mirage Hero shenanigans like making your own Mirage Hero, craziest of all Lucina meets Cordelia!Lucina).

Just now, SoulWeaver said:

Hey, I managed to remember to write my list of prompt ideas down this time! How to make you all suffer...ah, I know.

Hang on, that's...me?!
Write a piece about a character meeting another version of themselves. It doesn't have to be Fire Emblem, but in a Fire Emblem context, this can be seasonal Units meeting(Spring Xander meets Dancer Xander), a Unit meeting another timeline variant of themselves(example removed due to Book III Spoilers), two versions of the same character meeting(Neutral Fjorm w/ base kit meets +ATK -SPD Fjorm w/ inherited Skills), or something even crazier(all the Camillas have a get-together, Mirage Hero shenanigans like making your own Mirage Hero, craziest of all Lucina meets Cordelia!Lucina).

this sounds like fun. There are too many ideas I could do with this