SF's "Write Your Butt Off" Competition HD II.5 Remix

AnonymousSpeed

Yeah, I know all the examples are Fire Emblem, but hey, if someone wants to do something different by all means do so - Hyrule Warriors was another example that came to mind, with three Links and two Zeldas plus Ganondorf and Yuga.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Damnit I wanna title this entry “I’ll face myself” but I already did that!!! Why?!?!

How about "I'll head my

One about Dimitri could be called "This is not an Eyedeal situation."

I think mine is gonna be about some of the FE6 cast. #Larum for prezzy twenty twenty

I started FE6, and I like it a lot thus far. Mostly because I'm also in FE4, which I've found to be VERY boring thus far, so it's refreshing to have QoL features and playable maps. Thanks, Anon.

Edited by Benice

Oh boy...

You just had to do that didn't you @SoulWeaver...

Somehow I think Lucina meeting the other Lucina comes to mind for this prompt, or Robin when he first met Reflet in The Crazy Summoner because shenanigans insue but I'd have to dial the swearing back to make it decent XD or even Grima meeting another Grima...

All I can say is it's going to be epically messy...because that's a thing...

6 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

Yeah, I know all the examples are Fire Emblem, but hey, if someone wants to do something different by all means do so - Hyrule Warriors was another example that came to mind, with three Links and two Zeldas plus Ganondorf and Yuga.

I have included some other possible sources of inspiration:

Spoiler

Image result for i'm you but stronger

Image result for mega man and beck

I don't actually have any ideas for this.

On 2/27/2020 at 4:29 AM, Jotari said:

Please do, because I'm largely in agreement with you.

So I wrote you the essay. Can I have a review of The Scourer now?

I would have asked earlier but I've been powering through a headache the past couple of days.

4 hours ago, Benice said:

I think mine is gonna be about some of the FE6 cast. #Larum for prezzy twenty twenty

I started FE6, and I like it a lot thus far. Mostly because I'm also in FE4, which I've found to be VERY boring thus far, so it's refreshing to have QoL features and playable maps. Thanks, Anon.

I extend my thumb in an upright position to you.

Saul is actually the best character from FE6 but admittedly he might not be the best choice for president.

It's kind of weird to hear FE6 get praised for quality of life features, but I guess if you compare it to the SNES games it must seem like quite a difference.

56 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

It's kind of weird to hear FE6 get praised for quality of life features, but I guess if you compare it to the SNES games it must seem like quite a difference.

Yeah, thus far the only thing I had to complain about is Rutger randomly joining the chat and ORKO ing Lance. Otherwise the ambush spawns haven't been as bad as the stupid second castle in the prologue of Fe4. I also have located my first FE crush.

I also made a patch where Larum has 250 % growth rates on everything and has 75 support growth points with Roy eveyr round because I was bored.

oh, and the translation is quite bad. Narshen?!

Edited by Benice

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

Yeah, thus far the only thing I had to complain about is Rutger randomly joining the chat and ORKO ing Lance. Otherwise the ambush spawns haven't been as bad as the stupid second castle in the prologue of Fe4. I also have located my first FE crush.

I also made a patch where Larum has 250 % growth rates on everything and has 75 support growth points with Roy eveyr round because I was bored.

Yeah, Rutger just does not give a single flip-slash-crit combo about anything.

I should note about recruiting Rutger, though, that enemies in his joining chapter are not programmed to attack Clarine. So the easiest way to get Rutger is to trigger reinforcements with Clarine, recruit Rutger with Clarine, and then do the other stuff.

250% growths on a dancer is still secondary in usefulness to dancing.

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

26 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

250% growths on a dancer is still secondary in usefulness to dancing.

Yeah, that' why I did it. I also gave her an S rank in everytying, but I'm not gonna have her fight.

Also, Rutger killed Lance without a crit. It was really sad. Good thing the other one is far better! (I can'tremember his name, though.)

Deick is amazing.

Ooh, there's actually an idea I could use for this that I came up with awhile ago, but forgot about until now! This one will have me return to Judo and Kelli from my Legend of Zelda ficverse.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Also, Rutger killed Lance without a crit. It was really sad. Good thing the other one is far better! (I can't remember his name, though.)

Deick is amazing.

Rutger is truly terrifying.

Alan is the better one, I'd agree. They're pretty comparable though, it sucks to lose either but props for an iron man. Are you playing Hard Mode?

Just now, Anacybele said:

Ooh, there's actually an idea I could use for this that I came up with awhile ago, but forgot about until now! This one will have me return to Judo and Kelli from my Legend of Zelda ficverse.

Is it gonna be dark characters?

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

14 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Is it gonna be dark characters?

Nah, it involves a temporary return to the Adult Link timeline. This ficverse normally uses the Ocarina of Time era and Child Link timeline. But since the Adult timeline still exists despite Zelda having "created" the Child one, a second Kelli exists there too. The original Kelli along with Judo will end up paying a visit for some bittersweet reasons.

Because...remember how in one of my entries, Judo had realized that if Link hadn't reversed Ganondorf's takeover, he would be dead because he'd have been in the middle of G-dorf's attack on Hyrule Castle?

Well, in the Adult timeline, Judo is dead. But Kelli still exists. Now use your imagination. 😛

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Rutger is truly terrifying.

Alan is the better one, I'd agree. They're pretty comparable though, it sucks to lose either but props for an iron man. Are you playing Hard Mode?

I wamted to, but I just started a file normal by accident and didn't notice until Rutger's strength was incorrect. This is my first playthrough of an FE game where I've actually allowed a PC to die. In both Elibe games, one of the cavs has turned out good, (Alan, Kent X 3, Sain x 1) and the other terrible (Sain X 3, Lance,  Kent X 2.) Apan basically was Lance with Def and Strength.

Is Deick usually good? He's easily had the best levels of anyone.

9 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

He's pretty good, but a bit slow. He has 30% speed growth which usually doesn't activate when I play.

Huh. So far he' had had foru levels, gained three speed, fours skill, four HP, three def, four str, two res. That's super lucky, I guess.

8 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

I may do something with the Byleths. Would anyone cut points if I didn't have a plot, and it was just shenanigans?

I just like entertaining plots, but I can't speak for everyone else.

Just now, Benice said:

Huh. So far he' had had foru levels, gained three speed, fours skill, four HP, three def, four str, two res. That's super lucky, I guess.

>40% Str
>40% Skl
>30% Spd
>Don't remember what his defense and res growths are but they're sub-30 for nearly every FE6 character

I'm sorry what.

10 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

I may do something with the Byleths. Would anyone cut points if I didn't have a plot, and it was just shenanigans?

I think people have one with just goofy stuff, can't remember off the top of my head though. Write what you feel like, though.

10 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

>40% Str
>40% Skl
>30% Spd
>Don't remember what his defense and res growths are but they're sub-30 for nearly every FE6 character

I'm sorry what.

That makes him my second RNG-blessed unit, after Amelia capped every single stat as a 10/20/20 General without any stat boosters.

I'm also starting to consider a Skyward Sword based story.

change my mind, Skyward sword is better than OoT

Edited by Benice

No lie I kinda wanna write for Severa again but I've already written something like this for her so....I could do Owain and Odin now that would be hilarious.

Though I'm more in the mood to write something angsty. so many choices

Edited by Ottservia

11 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I have included some other possible sources of inspiration:

Reveal hidden contents

Image result for i'm you but stronger

Image result for mega man and beck

I don't actually have any ideas for this.

So I wrote you the essay. Can I have a review of The Scourer now?

I would have asked earlier but I've been powering through a headache the past couple of days.

I extend my thumb in an upright position to you.

Saul is actually the best character from FE6 but admittedly he might not be the best choice for president.

Ah so that's why you quoted me here and not on the actual thread. I'm sorry, but I really don't have the time to be reviewing all these stories these days (nor do I have the time to submit my own submissions has you've no doubt seen, though I still keep an eye on prompts to see if there's one I can easily make use of).

10 hours ago, Benice said:

Ooh, awesome!

And I'll be honest, I agree. I started my Zelda ficverse before Skyward Sword came out, which is why I didn't use the latter. Otherwise, I probably would have. Skyward Sword is my favorite Zelda.

Edited by Anacybele

10 hours ago, Benice said:

YES!

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Skyward Sword is my favorite Zelda.

3 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

YES!

Woah, I'm not alone anymore?! It's always shocked me how the game did badly. I loved everything about it. (Groose deserves his own game.) My favourite boss fight in the series is Zant, but I love almost all of them in Skyward.

OoT was okay, but parts of it ticked me off, like the guy in Kakariko who's all "Nobody understands me. Do you understand me? No you don't" and you have to give him a mushroom. And the Shadow temple. Honsetly, the water temple wasn't as bad as the shadow temple, since the miniboss in the water temple is super fun, whereas the shadow temple was just completely creepy.

And IMO, of the zelda games I've played, it's Skyward sword, BOTW, Twilight princess, HD Wind waker, Minish cap, OoT from favourite to least favourite. I'm weird, though.

The story I'm writing is going to be terrible, feauring Link coming from the future to warn Skyloft of a threat in the future...