SF's "Write Your Butt Off" Competition HD II.5 Remix

AnonymousSpeed

Just now, SoulWeaver said:

Nah, ties have been a thing for WAY longer than you've been part of this. You may have something about the sacrifice, though...

I just remember the 4-way tie in the Christmas prompt. That was an oof and a half.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh come on, Dcat deserves to have this one. -_- In the case that this tie remains until the end, she really should be given it if only because she has yet to have a turn at picking a prompt.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh come on, Dcat deserves to have this one. -_- In the case that this tie remains until the end, she really should be given it if only because she has yet to have a turn at picking a prompt.

That is the official tie-breaking rule.

37 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

I'll tiebreak it with a vote for D-Cat; she got the buzz.

The most talked about thing thing this entire round was the goddamn partydillo 

Thank you kind sir!

Image result for party armadillo

Yes I drew that lol.

7 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

That is the official tie-breaking rule.

Ah, that's cool to know!

26 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Thank you kind sir!

Image result for party armadillo

Yes I drew that lol.

That's a cute drawing. XD

You're lucky, btw. I've never gotten five votes before! I think.

With 6 hours left in voting, I suppose I'll post my prompt!

A character is reduced to a seemingly weaker, hindered form. This can be something like Wolf Link in Twilight Princess or the old fairy tale "witch turns someone into a frog" kind of thing. It can also be a weaker mental state instead of physical like Dimitri. It can also be a more subtle physical hinderance, like a mage losing their magic. How does it happen, how do they recover?

Edited by Dragoncat

Uh so question do I have to show them recovering from it? Cause writing a complete character arc like that seems a little lengthy for a one shot.

Edited by Ottservia

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't think it sounds anymore lengthy than previous prompts. I might be able to do something with this.

I mean for me personally, I really like to go into detail on character arcs like these which is something that's hard to do in a one shot because the how they got to that point is like 2,000 words in it of itself and the recovery is about 3,000 more. It's just a lot cause personally I really like to hammer in the angst with this sort of thing. It's just something I personally like to split into chapters

Edited by Ottservia

1 minute ago, Ottservia said:

I mean for me personally, I really like to go into detail on character arcs like these which is something that's hard to do in a one shot because the how they got to that point is like 2,000 words in it of itself and the recovery is about 3,000 more. It's just a lot cause personally I really like to hammer in the angst with this sort of thing.

Well, 5000 words to me is not long, so I'm fine with that.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Well, 5000 words to me is not long, so I'm fine with that.

It's not just the word count it also has a lot to do with all the moving parts of it all. Again, it's personal thing but it's just these kinds of character arcs is something I like to divide up into chapters.

2 hours ago, Ottservia said:

Uh so question do I have to show them recovering from it? Cause writing a complete character arc like that seems a little lengthy for a one shot.

I'm not asking for a complete arc, but yeah if you were to write Dimitri's whole arc that might be long. Whatever works for you, I guess.

23 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

I'm not asking for a complete arc, but yeah if you were to write Dimitri's whole arc that might be long. Whatever works for you, I guess.

Great! I have the perfect idea for this prompt. It’s an idea that’s actually been rattling in my head for a while actually 

In terms of ideas...I have nothing at all.

Curse you vacation! Why must you take away my few brain cells I stole a few weeks ago?!

3 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

A character is reduced to a seemingly weaker, hindered form. This can be something like Wolf Link in Twilight Princess or the old fairy tale "witch turns someone into a frog" kind of thing. It can also be a weaker mental state instead of physical like Dimitri. It can also be a more subtle physical hinderance, like a mage losing their magic. How does it happen, how do they recover?

"I could beat you with one hand tied behind my back! Get me the rope."

Opening post has been updated, including including @Scoot and @SoulWeaver's none participant entries.

Hope y'all got somethin' real creative planned for this prompt, 'cause I ain't allowed to leave my house and if I spend all this time waiting just to get what I expect, I tell you h'wat I'll be disappointed.

7 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Opening post has been updated, including including @Scoot and @SoulWeaver's none participant entries.

Hope y'all got somethin' real creative planned for this prompt, 'cause I ain't allowed to leave my house and if I spend all this time waiting just to get what I expect, I tell you h'wat I'll be disappointed.

Be careful what you wish for.

Hm...so many ideas. Perhaps...ah, I think I know what I'm doing this round. Now if you'll all excuse me, I'm quarantined and have four card games worth of deckbuilding, two Fates runs, a KHBBS run, an SoV run, and a Metroid Fusion run to catch up on plus several Winnie-the-Pooh stories to read with small children. Can't for the life of me understand all the people complaining about having nothing to do at home right now.