Genealogy save files lost

Guest Kwopp

Guest Kwopp

(Snes9xgx) Yeah so I’ve started genealogy and have been loving it, i made sure to save every turn and got every hidden item and recruit every recruitable character and made it to chapter 2. I decided to quit for the day once I got to chapter 2, I wake up today and loaded my game and all there is is “new record” no continue option. How did my save files get lost? I really do not want to do that all over again, and I’m afriad I’m never gonna play this game again due to this incident. Is there anything I can do?

Maybe check around the folders to see if you can find your save file or anything or maybe it's in the trash bin. If not then just start up the game and play from scratch, force yourself to play the first few turns and then you will find you aren't forcing yourself, trust me. I was near completing FE6 Chapter 7 yesterday twice and I lost to BS reasons both times. I forced myself to play 2 or 3 turns and then my "unmotivationness" left.

But yeah FE4 is pretty awesome.

Edited by This boi uses Nino

1 hour ago, This boi uses Nino said:

Maybe check around the folders to see if you can find your save file or anything or maybe it's in the trash bin. If not then just start up the game and play from scratch, force yourself to play the first few turns and then you will find you aren't forcing yourself, trust me. I was near completing FE6 Chapter 7 yesterday twice and I lost to BS reasons both times. I forced myself to play 2 or 3 turns and then my "unmotivationness" left.

But yeah FE4 is pretty awesome.

I think I’m just going to play FE7 Since I’ve never played it before then I’ll come back to genealogy, hopefully my will to play will be back by then 

1 minute ago, Kwopp said:

I think I’m just going to play FE7 Since I’ve never played it before then I’ll come back to genealogy, hopefully my will to play will be back by then 

Right now you have no will, but if you play a few turns you will have will. Just play a bit and you'll keep playing, and besides the prologue is relatively short and simple, ust play that.

You may be able to find game file saves that are at that chapter, if you aren't too particular about love points and such.

3 hours ago, This boi uses Nino said:

Right now you have no will, but if you play a few turns you will have will. Just play a bit and you'll keep playing, and besides the prologue is relatively short and simple, ust play that.

You’re actually right lol, before I read your reply I forced myself to at least beat the prologue then I beat chapter 1 and now I’m back to where I was before my saves were lost, and I figured out the reason why, now I can finish the game without any save issues

18 hours ago, Kwopp said:

You’re actually right lol, before I read your reply I forced myself to at least beat the prologue then I beat chapter 1 and now I’m back to where I was before my saves were lost, and I figured out the reason why, now I can finish the game without any save issues

It also helps that the Prologue and Chapter 1 are actually pretty easy. Agustria is more troublesome however.