Collapse of the Grand Hero Battle: Rutger

SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beat all the maps Eir was great on this map.  I am in the process of training up Rutger and will be 5*ing him since he deserves it.

Infernal Rutger in one turn: 

Brought some of my lesser used GF units. Oscar needed Fury instead of LnD to survive Rutger's special. Marth needs some buffs, Lucinas prf lance is just perfect for that. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

7 hours ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Pretty easy to clear, honestly. :v

Your team is pretty strong, so no big deal for them. Congrats! 

7 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Hey something early for once. Well moreso since I don't have a theme in mind yet but I guess this can be Lone Swordsman vs Lone Swordsman (with some fave friends)

Fav team seems like a good theme for now. ;-)  

Pretty good performance by Lon'qu, best lone swordsman. 

6 hours ago, Stroud said:

Was motivated to do a 1 turn clear this time.

Wow, I'm only fourth to post a one-turn this time? I should work faster

Nice clear, I like how you combine pass and 3-mov to bring Athena into position. 

5 hours ago, kirauza343 said:

Weirdly enough I think I spent more time on Lunatic than Infernal. This map does a great job of reminding me why I glued the Guidance seal to Cherche as soon as we got it!

Haha, I had the same issue. Setting up everything for Infernal and then they kill an opponent too fast in lunatic to make the same solution work. 

Too bad Micaiah got the boss kill, I was waiting for the showdown with Marisa (nice new skill for her!). 

4 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

Rutger is not the real boss of the this map. It's that swordfighter with Def/Res Link. I'm hoping this is not the start of a "let's see how little space we can start the players with on special maps and rush them with reinforcements" trend.

Yeah, it's pretty claustrophobic for Cav teams. Trenches, rivers and mountains ... plus reinforcements. 

Felicia looked like she had some fun though. Also nice Sakura you got there! 

4 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

The enemy formation looked favorable for Narcian's Angels, so I went with them first.  Somehow I winded up with a first try clear.  Given this is our first FE6 GHB in a very long time, I thought it appropriate to record the clear this time.

Long time no see, Narcian! He doesn't take a sweat while his angels clear the rest. Congrats! 

Great, they brought back reinforcements. >_>

Why couldn't they just stay gone from GHBs? Now this might take me forever to figure out, if I even can.

Edited by Anacybele

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Why couldn't they just stay gone from GHBs? Now this might take me forever to figure out, if I even can.

There are F2P units you can use to win. Assuming you didn't fodder them.

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

There are F2P units you can use to win. Assuming you didn't fodder them.

Ew, no. I'd rather find my own clear. I make clear videos now, you know. Why the hell would I resort to F2P anymore? (except for most abyssal maps since fuck those)

Edited by Anacybele

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Ew, no. I'd rather find my own clear. I make clear videos now, you know. Why the hell would I resort to F2P anymore? (except for most abyssal maps since fuck those)

Ummm, you don't have to be so rude about it~ He was just offering a suggestion since you said you were having trouble~ You don't have to take it~

17 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

or you could have simply said. "Oh thanks for that, but I rather take the time to figure it out on my own." rather than being so rude. 
I make clear videos too, and sometimes, i can't figure it out (regardless of the difficulty) and need to use a F2P guide. there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. 

6 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

or you could have simply said. "Oh thanks for that, but I rather take the time to figure it out on my own." rather than being so rude. 
I make clear videos too, and sometimes, i can't figure it out (regardless of the difficulty) and need to use a F2P guide. there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. 

13 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Ummm, you don't have to be so rude about it~ He was just offering a suggestion since you said you were having trouble~ You don't have to take it~

...Nobody was being rude though? I wasn't sugarcoating anything, but it isn't like I called him names or anything. And "I'd rather find my own clear" is basically exactly what you just said here.

I prefer not to use F2P anymore, like I said. Also, using F2P is cheap and doesn't help you get better as a player.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...Nobody was being rude though? I wasn't sugarcoating anything, but it isn't like I called him names or anything. And "I'd rather find my own clear" is basically exactly what you just said here.

I prefer not to use F2P anymore, like I said. Also, using F2P is cheap and doesn't help you get better as a player.

All you had to do was say "I prefer not to use F2P guides anymore" then, not "EWWWW, I make clear videos now, you know. Why the hell do I need F2P?"

You don't need to call someone a name to be rude, your reply was rude.

3 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

All you had to do was say "I prefer not to use F2P guides anymore" then, not "EWWWW, I make clear videos now, you know. Why the hell do I need F2P?"

You don't need to call someone a name to be rude, your reply was rude.

Now you're exaggerating, I didn't use all caps and type it that long. I just said "ew" and that was it. There's a difference here. One is much more harsh.

One little "ew" at the idea of using one of a million videos is not rude either.

But look, does it really matter? I probably won't bother clearing this map. It's too hard with the reinforcements and I admit to being mad IS brought them back into GHBs. GHBs were perfectly fine without them imo. I also don't want Rutger that badly.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Now you're exaggerating, I didn't use all caps and type it that long. I just said "ew" and that was it. There's a difference here. One is much more harsh.

One little "ew" and such is not rude either.

"Ew" in itself is rude, though? When someone offers you help and you reply "ew, no" that's rude. 

Like I said, all you had to do was say "no thanks, I'll try my own strategy". That's all, no interest in going back and forth over this~

3 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

"Ew" in itself is rude, though? When someone offers you help and you reply "ew, no" that's rude. 

Except that "ew" wasn't directed at omegaxis or his wanting to help. It was directed at the idea of going back to F2P now when I'm making videos. Do you want people who view them to think I suck and that the videos I do make aren't worth their time? I want to put out nice clears, not give the impression that I'm a garbage player that just resorts to F2P most of the time.

I don't want to keep relying on that, I want to get better and better at the game and keep putting out good clears. I won't do that if I keep resorting to F2P.

EDIT: Apologies, I didn't see right away that you didn't want to continue this conversation. That's fine, I don't really want to either.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Except that "ew" wasn't directed at omegaxis or his wanting to help. It was directed at the idea of going back to F2P now when I'm making videos. Do you want people who view them to think I suck and that the videos I do make aren't worth their time? I want to put out nice clears, not give the impression that I'm a garbage player that just resorts to F2P most of the time.

I don't want to keep relying on that, I want to get better and better at the game and keep putting out good clears. I won't do that if I keep resorting to F2P.

No one will think you suck or your videos aren't worth their time~ I make clears and still watch guide videos, even after I already clear the map~ Sometimes you just watch them to get an idea~ There's nothing wrong with needing a guide from time to time~

@mcsilas

Haha, even though your themes are cool. it doesn't always have to be one, as long as you like the team and have fun. And every team with Azura is great. Wow everyone did so much work, at first it looked more like Silas tanked everything and specialed them into the ground but later Lon'qu with his vantage did so much, meanwhile Hinoka was also getting kills here and there, while Azura is the always useful support. Nice clear. Good job!

@mampfoid

Yay for Hector's always useful special charge and throwing people support. That one was too easy so you decided to bring out lesser used units? Ouch poor Oscar, that did hurt, but at least he got into wings range comfortably. Nice clear again. Well done!

16 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I prefer not to use F2P anymore, like I said.

Let's just rehash this. 
You said this. verbatim.

49 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

so clearly you need some help figuring this out.

the next person said. "Oh hey - if you need help here is a video."

your response was this

39 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

that was rude. you could have not sugarcoated it, and still been a lot more polite than you were 
the response was rude. you might not have meant it to be rude, but it was rude. and just because you didn't call someone a name, or write it in caps or something, doesn't change the fact, that how you responded wasn't polite, or nice, at all. 

Using a guide sometimes doesn't cheapen your work. 
if you needed a dictionary - would you not use it? or a calculator? 
I need a guide sometimes for Lunatic, but i can do abyssals by myself. sometimes it's just luck. we all need a guide/helping hand sometimes. 

if you offered someone help and they went to you and went "ew no, i do this you know, so i don't need your help." - how would you feel? or would you be fine with it because they didn't call you a name, or typed it in caps. 

and the fact you have to keep justifying it, when two people flat out said you know what you did wasn't really right - vs you know. just saying. "wow. i didn't mean it to come off like that." or something just perplexes me. However. you feel there is nothing wrong with it. so I just hope you figure it out soon. Good luck to you. 

Edited by daisy jane

5 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

No one will think you suck or your videos aren't worth their time~ I make clears and still watch guide videos, even after I already clear the map~ Sometimes you just watch them to get an idea~ There's nothing wrong with needing a guide from time to time~

You're right, there's nothing wrong with that. But how does it help me improve as a player? And many videos use units I do not have or with skills I can't give them. Including a lot of F2P videos since they often use Veronica. It's rare that I find one that doesn't use her. The one omegaxis posted doesn't use her, but it does use other units I don't bother with much. So how could they help me?

4 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

if you offered someone help and they went to you and went "ew no, i do this you know, so i don't need your help." - how would you feel? or would you be fine with it because they didn't call you a name, or typed it in caps. 

First, I never said "I don't need your help" and second, I would just say okay, good luck then. I find nothing rude about it.

Also, just because two people think I was rude doesn't mean they're right. Others may not see it the same way.

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Infernal Rutger in one turn: 

Brought some of my lesser used GF units. Oscar needed Fury instead of LnD to survive Rutger's special. Marth needs some buffs, Lucinas prf lance is just perfect for that. 

Woah, really close shave there with Oscar. Lucina must be proud to be able to help her ancestor.

Yeah, it's pretty claustrophobic for Cav teams. Trenches, rivers and mountains ... plus reinforcements. 

I might give my SA!Tana Raudblade+ for some future Abyssal clears if the the terrain/movement space becomes an issue. I'm not wiling to use a limited time unit for fodder so they need to demote Hone Fliers into the 4 star pool already.

Felicia looked like she had some fun though. Also nice Sakura you got there! 

Thanks! I ventured into a 4 unit banner twice for her and thankfully it wasn't a disaster.

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

You're right, there's nothing wrong with that. But how does it help me improve as a player? And many videos use units I do not have or with skills I can't give them. Including a lot of F2P videos since they often use Veronica. It's rare that I find one that doesn't use her. The one omegaxis posted doesn't use her, but it does use other units I don't bother with much. So how could they help me?

For myself, I learn from the videos how to tackle certain things I couldn't in the past. PM specifically points out enemy Skills and builds to look out for in his guides. That's how I improve~

Units can easily be replaced in guides. Where one uses Saias, I use Mae, etc. I never trained up Fjorm, so I would always use Nowi in her place since she's a Blue unit with inbuild DC~ You can almost always swap out a unit for another. Not always when it's cases like Veronica, but it can give you an idea of something you do have and can use in their place~ That's what helps you get better, when you can say "well, I don't have XXX, but maybe I can use YYY instead"~ That's how you can come up with strategies of your own~

Edited by Landmaster

4 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

For myself, I learn from the videos how to tackle certain things I couldn't in the past. PM specifically points out enemy Skills and builds to look out for in his guides. That's how I improve~

Units can easily be replaced in guides. Where one uses Saias, I use Mae, etc. You can almost always swap out a unit for another. Not always when it's cases like Veronica, but it can give you an idea of something you do have and can use in their place~ That's what helps you get better, when you can say "well, I don't have XXX, but maybe I can use YYY instead"~ That's how you can come up with strategies of your own~

It's not as easy to swap out units as you think. Many of the times I try to do this, the AI behavior is changed because of different stats and all, and much of the time, that change completely ruins things.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It's not as easy to swap out units as you think. Many of the times I try to do this, the AI behavior is changed because of different stats and all, and much of the time, that change completely ruins things.

It can change AI, but that's again, where you adjust with your own strategies and that's how you get better~ Many guides I would use changed the AI~ And I had to adjust if I wanted to beat the map~ And I did. If you give up because one strategy didn't work, how will you learn anything?