Collapse of the Grand Hero Battle: Rutger

SatsumaFSoysoy

8 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

I laugh (really hard) because it's true. (though Fjorm's only exists because of Quests and Arena) 

everyone has done really amazing clears so far!

Fjorm's so good though!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

It can change AI, but that's again, where you adjust with your own strategies and that's how you get better~ Many guides I would use changed the AI~ And I had to adjust if I wanted to beat the map~ And I did. If you give up because one strategy didn't work, how will you learn anything?

Well yeah, I always try several different strategies. Giving up after just one is silly. xP But sometimes I try a lot of times and still come up with nothing. Even when I try to adjust.

I think I might be getting closer to something with a flier team here though. This map, like sadly many others, isn't good for horses, so I decided to try an entirely different movement type. :/ I wish IS would stop nerfing them already, horses are quickly becoming the worst movement type because of all the map barriers they're throwing in for them on top of their generally lower BST. I'd say the only reason they're not the worst already is infantry not having access to those crazy horse/flier/armor buffs.

37 minutes ago, Johann said:

giphy.gif

Her art ain't it!

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well yeah, I always try several different strategies. Giving up after just one is silly. xP But sometimes I try a lot of times and still come up with nothing. Even when I try to adjust.

I think I might be getting closer to something with a flier team here though. This map, like sadly many others, isn't good for horses, so I decided to try an entirely different movement type. :/ I wish IS would stop nerfing them already, horses are quickly becoming the worst movement type because of all the map barriers they're throwing in for them on top of their generally lower BST. I'd say the only reason they're not the worst already is infantry not having access to those crazy horse/flier/armor buffs.

That's good, when you see it's not good for horse, you try something else~ That's adjusting~ I wanted to do a fun pony theme myself but quickly saw it wasn't gonna be feasible so I just went with something else~

Which I will be uploading shortly, finally just got home, ORZ

13 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

That's good, when you see it's not good for horse, you try something else~ That's adjusting~ I wanted to do a fun pony theme myself but quickly saw it wasn't gonna be feasible so I just went with something else~

Yeah. And I mean, I get that horses were really good, but they didn't need THIS big of a nerf. And the problem is easy to fix. Ease up a bit on the maps cluttered with trees and trenches. Not saying to ditch those entirely, just remove one here and there.

Oh yeah, and I do apologize for the argument earlier.

Edited by Anacybele

@mcsilas Nice job! This map can get pretty overwhelming fast but your team managed to keep up with the pressure, not to mention your Lon'qu is a beast of a sword unit! Rutger didn't stand a chance against him!

@kirauza343 Intersting build you have going with Marisa. She'll certainly be great when it comes to facing Wary/Bold Fighter armors when taking her great defense into account. The map seemed like child's play to your team, goes to show how great the synergy of each member is!

@mampfoid Good as always! It was nice to see Lancina here, she's very underused nowadays (Although I benched mine after getting Ylgr so...). That 1 Hp fight against Rutger was pretty clutch! 

- - - - - - - 

So yeah, I think this is going to be my final team but the skills aren't set in stone yet (I need Atk Tactic for Airzura so she and Ylgr provide the Tactics buffs while Kaden will get Chill Def because that skill is the best thing ever for those tanky abyssal armors). 

+18 to every stat is one hell of a drug.

Finally got a result! It required giving legendary Ryoma Vantage, but he likes that skill anyway and I should've added it to his options a long time ago. It works well with Kestrel Stance. And man, am I glad I got legendary Azura when I did. I got her in only a few pulls during her debut. She's really helpful for Flier Emblem.

Also, ignore the fact that my voice ended up being in there towards the end. I don't know how it ended up being recorded, I thought I disabled the option to record outside noise. But at that point I got worried because all of a sudden, the clear wasn't going the same way it did before. I'm still not sure what I did differently from the first clear either. Just glad I still managed to clear it again for the recording. I also apologize for having another accidental screen tap during combat right after that. xP

Besides, I got a good thumbnail image for once!

Edited by Anacybele

Very boring clear from me this time, using the best girls~

Never did full Best Girls Emblem yet, so I decided I could accept using Nowi this once (I find using her to be cheating but the others were of decent contribution).

Broke out the Wolf tomes since this map is VERY pony heavy. Sadly too poor to upgrade them so we’re just using the vanilla versions~ Thus, S!Elise needed Atk Tactic to make sure H!Nowi could do enough damage~ That’s about it, but I also did need to switch Nowi’s Panic Ploy to Atk Smoke since she got overwhelmed by that Brave Lance Cav near the end without it (and she’s not Ploying any units here anyway)~

MOUNTAIN of replies incoming!~

@LordFrigid I got to the last page and realized I clicked to quote the wrong person, ORZ~

Nice seeing Velouria in action! She escaped me on the Beast Banner so I loved seeing her putting in some good work here. Galeforce on her is pretty crazy~ The other enemies didn’t give much trouble but also love seeing Lucina in these, great work!~

12 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

This wasn't that hard. I only needed to restart on Infernal because the team I was using didn't work, but then I got it in my 2nd try.

I will train him for Arena, since I believe he will be my bonus unit when the moment arrive. I will probably give him a merge, so he'll reach the next 171 BST.

I believe we still have one week of L!Roy/Fates Beast Units Arena season, right? We will probably get Binding Blade Arena Season in March 19th.

Curious, who are you training? You just said “he”, haha~

12 hours ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Pretty easy to clear, honestly. :v

Nice, swap to get Morgan into position was cool~ She’s getting a lot more action lately~

11 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Hey something early for once. Well moreso since I don't have a theme in mind yet but I guess this can be Lone Swordsman vs Lone Swordsman (with some fave friends)

Team is +Atk/-Res Lon'qu, +Atk Silas +1, +Atk/-Res Kinshi Hinoka and +Atk/-Res Legendary Azura.

Music is Full Burst from the King of Fighters XIV.

-1 turn cooldown specials are annoying, so I went defensive (as much defensive as double LaD you can be) and forced Rutger to attack Lon'qu.

-Also I guess this team was all about double stacking (maybe that's the theme?). Double Brazen Silas, Double Atk/Spd Bond Kinoka and Double LaD Lon'qu.

Edgy Swordsman VS Edgy Swordsman ended up being a Kinoka showcase, she really ran house on this map~ Silas is still an amazing tank, even more so with double Brazen~ Nice chokepoint  you made near the end Lon’qu managed to out-edge Rutger. He reeeaalllyy wanted them to give up, LOL~

9 hours ago, kirauza343 said:

Weirdly enough I think I spent more time on Lunatic than Infernal. This map does a great job of reminding me why I glued the Guidance seal to Cherche as soon as we got it!

Nothing too special, but I believe this the first clear with +10 Cherche (and Marisa’s not far behind!). Marisa’s build has been shifted a bit to accommodate null follow up and I’m still messing around with it a bit.

You just totally went against the weapon triangle here right away, but your units weren’t all that bothered by it~ Micaiah is cute with the bird’s nest~ Congrats on your +10 Cherche!

8 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

Rutger is not the real boss of the this map. It's that swordfighter with Def/Res Link. I'm hoping this is not the start of a "let's see how little space we can start the players with on special maps and rush them with reinforcements" trend.

Hide contents

Oooh nice to see Felicia, that’s a cool build you run on her with the Savage chip damage and bringing Sakura to keep her alive during the fight~ Good work!~

8 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

The enemy formation looked favorable for Narcian's Angels, so I went with them first.  Somehow I winded up with a first try clear.  Given this is our first FE6 GHB in a very long time, I thought it appropriate to record the clear this time.

Impressive Narcian, I hardly see him used~ Same with Shanna~ Aweseome 103 damage at the end there~ Nice clear!

6 hours ago, Vince777 said:

Why does a loner like Rutger have a bond skill.   ._.

He just wants a fren~

4 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Infernal Rutger in one turn: 

Brought some of my lesser used GF units. Oscar needed Fury instead of LnD to survive Rutger's special. Marth needs some buffs, Lucinas prf lance is just perfect for that. 

OSCARRRR with the powerful 1 HP live~ He was great~ And yaaaayy Lucina and Pony Marth again, nice!

1 hour ago, indigocean said:

The audio quality is pretty meh, and it's nothing special, but I thought I would at least share my clear of it.

Whoooo Panne all merged up and Reyson~ And that’s a cool Seliph you got there, too~

1 hour ago, Thor Odinson said:

It's the lobsters again but this time they one turn it

regyoma doesn't care about wtd as usual

First Ryoma Emblem I’ve seen and a great one turn at that, really great work! I love see in Obstruct come in useful~

25 minutes ago, Sasori said:

Another Sharena team run  finished. A bit more teleporting then usual to escape the dreaded reinforcement, but otherwise this wasn't too much of a struggle.

Raigh had a great time on this map with all the horsesand his Vantage comes through once again~ Your team did a lot of maneuvering all over the place to keep up with the pressure~ Great work!

14 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

So yeah, I think this is going to be my final team but the skills aren't set in stone yet (I need Atk Tactic for Airzura so she and Ylgr provide the Tactics buffs while Kaden will get Chill Def because that skill is the best thing ever for those tanky abyssal armors). 

+18 to every stat is one hell of a drug.

Wooo, we get to see Kaden and Eirika play finally~ She is pretty unstoppable at this point~ Do you think you'll ever give her Bonus Doubler?  

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah. And I mean, I get that horses were really good, but they didn't need THIS big of a nerf. And the problem is easy to fix. Ease up a bit on the maps cluttered with trees and trenches. Not saying to ditch those entirely, just remove one here and there.

Oh yeah, and I do apologize for the argument earlier.

Some maps they excel on and others can be a bit harder. I have a feeling the trees and trenches are very much intentional~ I think I may still attempt to see if I can get the clear done with the Pony team but it's more that they're not all that well built than the map itself, haha~

And don't worry about it~ Sorry if you thought I was attacking you or anything~

1 minute ago, Landmaster said:

Some maps they excel on and others can be a bit harder. I have a feeling the trees and trenches are very much intentional~ I think I may still attempt to see if I can get the clear done with the Pony team but it's more that they're not all that well built than the map itself, haha~

I couldn't find any answer for my horses at all. Mainly because of that green mage cav. Otherwise, I could have Frederick tank pretty much everything not named Rutger (and he might even survive Rutger) on the first turn and go from there. Though now I wonder if some Res buffs might've helped Frederick survive even the green cav. Like throwing the Distant Def seal on him and giving him a Fortify Cav buff.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I couldn't find any answer for my horses at all. Mainly because of that green mage cav. Otherwise, I could have Frederick tank pretty much everything not named Rutger (and he might even survive Rutger) on the first turn and go from there. Though now I wonder if some Res buffs might've helped Frederick survive even the green cav. Like throwing the Distant Def seal on him and giving him a Fortify Cav buff.

It's possible with enough buffs (like some Wards and Goads, too) and DD3, he could survive it~

4 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

It's possible with enough buffs (like some Wards and Goads, too) and DD3, he could survive it~

Yeah, probably. It's kinda late now though, I already cleared it with fliers as I showed above.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, probably. It's kinda late now though, I already cleared it with fliers as I showed above.

Multiple clears are fun! Maybe next time~ Congrats on clearing it!~~

Just now, Landmaster said:

Multiple clears are fun! Maybe next time~ Congrats on clearing it!~~

Yeah, but I don't feel like playing it again right now after doing it twice. :P And thanks!

41 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

First Ryoma Emblem I’ve seen and a great one turn at that, really great work! I love see in Obstruct come in useful~

Thanks! Obstruct was pretty key, yeah. Leg Ryoma is definitely in no shape to take 2 lance hits, haha!

Your clear is very cool! I like that even the non+ versions of wolftomes did a lot of work. And the Dragon Fang timing at the end there. 

@Thor Odinson I wish I'd seen this earlier, that Ryoma Emblem is awesome! Great that you eventually got all four Ryomas too! I also did, and I actually wasn't even trying to get hot spring Ryoma at the time, he pitybroke me while I was trying for hot spring Elise. He's been helpful tho.

I'm surprised I pulled more legendary Ryomas than you though. o.O

Edited by Anacybele

2 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Her art ain't it!

And that sure isn't the only thing she doesn't have either.

Oh and if anyone cares about how I cleared this one, refer to Vax's clear except replace PA!Azura with flying Olivia. Hail Queen Celica the Burninator.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

@Thor Odinson I wish I'd seen this earlier, that Ryoma Emblem is awesome! Great that you eventually got all four Ryomas too! I also did, and I actually wasn't even trying to get hot spring Ryoma at the time, he pitybroke me while I was trying for hot spring Elise. He's been helpful tho.

I'm surprised I pulled more legendary Ryomas than you though. o.O

It took me a whole 580 orbs over 2 banners for Legendary Ryoma. He doesn't like me very much lol

Anyway did another one turn
this time it's just
buff the shit out of ryoma and have him kill literally everyone

1 minute ago, Thor Odinson said:

It took me a whole 580 orbs over 2 banners for Legendary Ryoma. He doesn't like me very much lol

Jesus. I pulled four of him in around less than half that somehow. I was going for someone else at the time, I believe Hrid, when I got the latter three. I got my first legendary Ryoma in his own debut banner.

Let me try giving you some of my Ryoma luck! :P

Also, damn, that Ryoma solo. XD I wish I could do stuff like that with Frederick or one of my Ikes (preferably RD Ike or GD Ike). But that'd surely eat a hole into my bank account. Closest I've come there is when I had Frederick literally tank most of legendary Hector abyssal by himself. lol

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Jesus. I pulled four of him in around less than half that somehow. I was going for someone else at the time, I believe Hrid, when I got the latter three. I got my first legendary Ryoma in his own debut banner.

Let me try giving you some of my Ryoma luck! :P

Also, damn, that Ryoma solo. XD I wish I could do stuff like that with Frederick or one of my Ikes (preferably RD Ike or GD Ike). But that'd surely eat a hole into my bank account. Closest I've come there is when I had Frederick literally tank most of legendary Hector abyssal by himself. lol

Haha, thanks, hopefully he comes home more times this march leg banner!
I think GD Ike has the statline to do stuff like this actually, he just need a couple of sword inheritance options like wo dao and barrier blade, since Heart's Blade is good but he won't always be next to someone. He's fast and has dc + special fighter so he has a lot of stuff that's similar to what my Ryoma uses already.

6 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

Haha, thanks, hopefully he comes home more times this march leg banner!
I think GD Ike has the statline to do stuff like this actually, he just need a couple of sword inheritance options like wo dao and barrier blade, since Heart's Blade is good but he won't always be next to someone. He's fast and has dc + special fighter so he has a lot of stuff that's similar to what my Ryoma uses already.

Yeah!

Yeah, probably! I would just have to hope I don't need to merge this Ike anytime soon, I only pulled one of him and you merged regular Ryoma a bunch of times. XD I used up a lot of orbs trying to get his sis and dad as well as him, though Ike himself actually came quickly. And HE'S +SPD, -HP OF ALL THINGS. So yeah, hopefully those incredible IVs and some more SI would be enough to pull off solo runs.

Edited by Anacybele