Collapse of the Grand Hero Battle: Rutger

SatsumaFSoysoy

20 hours ago, mcsilas said:

First up is a Sacaen Emblem team...if i had more variety and pulled a Sue or something. Maybe pretend B!Lyn and L!Lyn are Sue split apart. Anyway, here is a Karel + Lyns clear!

I like the showdown "moody swordmaster vs. moody swordmaster". Karel procs a lot of Reprisals here. 

20 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Next up is an Awakening themed clear- the loners of Awakening!

The loners work together, nice idea (Panne stays away only from humans though). Next showdown "moody swordmaster vs. moody swordmaster", Lon'qu didn't waste many turns to get the boss kill. I approve of using Walhart, even if he is not the star of this show. 

Great baiting in the beginning and also in the end, congrats! 

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/20/2019 at 5:07 AM, mcsilas said:

First up is a Sacaen Emblem team...if i had more variety and pulled a Sue or something. Maybe pretend B!Lyn and L!Lyn are Sue split apart. Anyway, here is a Karel + Lyns clear!

Karel, was that quote a euphemism?

Fir and, like you already mentioned, Rutger are Sacaen too actually so they could have been used for the Sacaen theme. Would have been a very red heavy one but one nonetheless.

Anyways, wow! Great clear. I know you love your tanks but taking such notoriously fragile units and having them on the defensive the whole time was not what I was expecting. L!Lyn really did shine though because of how grouped up everyone was allowing her to take full advantage of her skills. Nice use of Candlelight to bypass that pesky Vantage.

On 3/20/2019 at 5:07 AM, mcsilas said:

Interesting theme. A real fitting one too. Ironically, for being loners they worked pretty great as a team.

Weird way to start the map by spreading out like that and then immediately backing off but okay, gotta manipulate the AI in your favor somehow. Actually there was a lot of baiting like that throughout the clear which was neat. I also like how how you have some pretty bulky units now (aside from Lon'qu that is) but somehow this clear is more offensive than the last.

On 3/11/2019 at 5:30 AM, mcsilas said:

Hey something early for once.

I now see that Lon'qu has a vendetta against Rutger.

Everyone did a lot this time around but the highlight was definitely seeing Hinoka darting all around sniping units left and right.

@mampfoid

Woah! I should start using my Lucina as more than just a buffbot because seeing her on the offensive like that was amazing. Close shave with poor Oscar. Didn't think Rutger would hit like a truck.

------------------------------------------------------------

Got some late clears of my own to post.

First is the tag team of Nino and Raigh tackling this map. With some help from Ninian and Priscilla of course.

Ugh, the support grinding was a royal pain but it was necessary to delete Rutger as quickly as possible and also for some other close kills. Aside from tanking a few hits with Raigh at the beginning (which he's actually become quite a decent mixed tank now) everything was pure offense. After all, can't get hurt by a unit that isn't there.

I expected the Bond effects on Raigh to be a problem for him to keep up and Panic Ploy on the wyvern knight to be troublesome but I ended up not having to worry all that much about it.

The next clear is something I've been wanting to do for a while now...

That's right, a Florina pseudo-solo clear! Ugh, more support grinding but honestly it was worth it.

This was a bit of doozy. First goal was to turn Florina faster than every unit on this map because Quick Riposte isn't an option. Second was to  always have her surrounded by the her teammates in such a way that she can get full buffs but also be the only unit being attacked and attacking. Third was to bait all the axe users so that I could apply some necessary Savage Blow on Wyvern and Emerald axe users and also so that they wouldn't reach Florina too soon so I could deal with them one at a time.

Fun Fact: Florina doesn't need Cancel Affinity to take care of the Emerald Axe Cav but she'll either be to weakened to survive the rest otherwise or someone other than Florina ends up in range of the Wyvern and ruins the pseudo-solo. Briefly considered giving her Mystic Boost instead because I thought it'd be so cool to show that off but I kinda like Eir as a unit so I decided against it.

@NegativeExponents- Wow, really impressed with your clears! Raigh is a really rare sight for these clears (poor Titania though), and damn that Florina is fast, denying even Rutger from doubling!

Yeah Karla is Sacaen too but yeah too many Sacaens are swordies (even OG Lyn) :/

And yeah AI manipulation works in strange ways so I have to even be stranger on Turn 1. Whatever works in the end!

On 3/20/2019 at 8:07 AM, mcsilas said:

@Landmaster Wow amazing work, I know the pain of having specific seals needed and trying to get the AI to move different ways. Bridge maps are pretty annoying, but good you persevered! 

Best Girl Emblem team also worked out well, interesting to see a flying Wolf tome user. Nowi's Guard was useful for a map like this, and Aether just works for her.

Team is +Atk/-Def Karel, +Def/-HP Legendary Lyn, neutral Brave Lyn and +Atk/-Def Bride Lyn.

Music is Art of Fight from the King of Fighters 1998 soundtrack.

-L!Lyn, despite being the most unwanted Legendary Hero worked really well in this map with double Atk/Spd boosts thanks to her weapon + the bond SS. Also features Brave Lyn facetanks a sword as I try to set up a duel between the two edgy Sacaen swordsmen. Bride Lyn's Candlelight was the perfect support for Rutger's pesky Vantage + Vengeance

-Brave Lyn really needed the Atk+3 seal otherwise she would miss kills. L!Lyn really needed Drive Atk support to ORKO the darn archer.

----

Team is neutral Walhart, neutral Panne, neutral Gerome and +Atk/-Res Lon'qu

Music is Kazuki's theme (Blaze) from Samurai Shodown IV

-Lon'qu is a solitary swordsman, Panne is the last full-blood Taguel and generally stays away from humans at first, Gerome distances himself from people generally (hence the mask) and Walhart's strength is like a one-man army and is mostly here because of his weapon's effect of wanting to be away from his team.

-Like Landmaster, manipulating the AI was the key. And I bit the bullet and finally gave Lon'qu the well-deserved Desperation since I couldn't clear this without the skill because of his fragility (need more Shannas...).

-It's funny how perfect Gerome was for this map just because I wanted Loners for the team. Poleaxe helped delete the pesky cavaliers in the map, while Panne dealt with the horses that Gerome couldn't tackle. Plus Guidance helped make sure Lon'qu can retreat safely after baiting the enemy.

-Another funny side effect of the team was double Chill support, with Panne sealing Speed while Walhart sealed Defense*. Lon'qu had an easier time doubling Rutger thanks to this. Also, Panne's double Smoke helped Lon'qu later (he wouldn't survive without the the Atk Smoke even against the Emerald Axe cav...double LaD is one hell of a risk)

Lyn Emblem ft Karel was great~ Always love seeing L!Lyn do some serious work~ B!Lyn was destructive with her quads~ Karel’s blood roiled and Bride Lyn was there to make sure everyone stayed alive~ It got a bit clustered in that corner for a moment, but you got the placement alignment right to snipe the enemies down. Poor B!Lyn taking all those swords to the face waiting for Karel to show up, haha~ 

Funny how Panne didn’t even need her Astra (those bunny ears on her are adorable). Guidance on Gerome was really good for moving Lon’qu around~ Speaking of, he is a beast with Desperation, still need some more Shannas to give it to mine~ The Conquerer was also really good with some clutch Draw Backs and his own strength. Also good taking advantage of those double Chills and Panne's double Smokes~

On 3/21/2019 at 12:02 PM, NegativeExponents- said:

First is the tag team of Nino and Raigh tackling this map. With some help from Ninian and Priscilla of course.

Ugh, the support grinding was a royal pain but it was necessary to delete Rutger as quickly as possible and also for some other close kills. Aside from tanking a few hits with Raigh at the beginning (which he's actually become quite a decent mixed tank now) everything was pure offense. After all, can't get hurt by a unit that isn't there.

I expected the Bond effects on Raigh to be a problem for him to keep up and Panic Ploy on the wyvern knight to be troublesome but I ended up not having to worry all that much about it.

The next clear is something I've been wanting to do for a while now...

That's right, a Florina pseudo-solo clear! Ugh, more support grinding but honestly it was worth it.

This was a bit of doozy. First goal was to turn Florina faster than every unit on this map because Quick Riposte isn't an option. Second was to  always have her surrounded by the her teammates in such a way that she can get full buffs but also be the only unit being attacked and attacking. Third was to bait all the axe users so that I could apply some necessary Savage Blow on Wyvern and Emerald axe users and also so that they wouldn't reach Florina too soon so I could deal with them one at a time.

Fun Fact: Florina doesn't need Cancel Affinity to take care of the Emerald Axe Cav but she'll either be to weakened to survive the rest otherwise or someone other than Florina ends up in range of the Wyvern and ruins the pseudo-solo. Briefly considered giving her Mystic Boost instead because I thought it'd be so cool to show that off but I kinda like Eir as a unit so I decided against it.

Nice clears! Nino and Raigh putting in work together was great~ Now can Lugh join? Also nice Priscilla, too with that Kumade Staff and Raigh with the Loyal Wreath~ Florina solo with Cancel Affinity was supercool, too! I like seeing interesting sets like that~ Great clears!

On 21.3.2019 at 5:02 PM, NegativeExponents- said:

Late clears and a very late comment, sorry for that. 

Haha, you killed Titania for Raigh?? Very cool idea, he pays it back with a cool boss-kill and by cleaning half of the map, even competing with his mother. 

Wow, that Florina! Didn't think a solo was possible, but you pulled it off! All those green units looked so sad, haha! 

Congrats! Really regret to have checked this so late, it was big fun. 

• 6 months later...

Hey, this GHB is back.  I think this was the last one I ever cleared with the old Narcian's Angels team.  This time around the Grannvale twins will be paying Laus a visit.

Another map that requires a lot of pro-activity so as to not get overwhelmed with reinforcements.  Not that J&J need to worry too much about that...but the cheerleaders need to be able to hide somewhere.  Just Haar and Cynthia left to go.

I didn't say anything because I might have gotten stuck.

Askrtrio was fine with Astram, because Spectrum buffs and triple bond Sharena is nice and broken, I do not regret giving her Atk/Spd Bond.

The flier clear took a bit of figuring out because of the asshole archer but cleared with Aversa, Brinian, NY!Fjorm and Brijorm.

Rutger on the other hand..... That was a bitch of a clear. I have a 5* Rutger which should tell you jut how bad it was. The archer's Atk/Spd rally kept on ruining clears. Yet I still managed to clear with himself, Rinea, Dorcas and Lucius. Took me days but I managed to find a way to pull back and be able to hold enemies off at the same time.

• 1 month later...

Ah, super late but I realised I forgot to post my clears of this battle during the rerun, it was a busy time.

Firstly, @DLNarshen - Julius tanked Rutger like nothing! Nice decision to deal with him straight away, so you could be freer with how you tackle the map. Music had some nice pace to keep the momentum going.

@Zeo @mampfoid @Landmaster @Alexmender @daisy jane @SatsumaFSoysoy @Ginko

Firstly is a clear of some of my favourite units.

Team is +Def/-Res Silas, +Spd/-Res Owain, +Atk +1 Shiro and +Atk +1 Gray.

Music is Master of Tartarus from Persona 3

Just a clear with some of my favourite characters against an edgy Sacaean swordsman.

-With double Steady Stance, Silas has so much defense that the axe units actually go the opposite direction!

-Shiro's QR made short work of Rutger- can't worry about Vantage when you can just enemy phase the swordsman!

-Gray needed Def +1 to survive taking all those hits- otherwise the Brave Axe flier would exactly KO him. Feels good to flex his Zanbato against the green cavs though

---

Here is a Silver Emblem clear (feat. the Silver Nobleman, Silver Knight and the Silver-haired Maiden)

Team is +Atk/-Res Klein, +Def/-Res Seth, +Res-Spd Micaiah and neutral Brave Micaiah.

Music is Way of the Overlord from Samurai Shodown 2019

-Brave Micaiah makes her debut in the Silver Emblem team while Dancing Micaiah rests her dancing feet. Ground Orders mobility really makes positioning funner and easier. She also has great synergy with Klein's Chills and also Seth's Tactics.

-Swordbreaker helped Klein and Micaiah quickly take out pesky fast swords in a flash, while Seth's gem weapon made short work of the greens in the final rounds. Exact KO on the last axe was a nice touch.

---

Lastly, here is a showdown of Sacaean ladies (and Ninian) against Rutger.

Team is +Spd/-Def Karla, +Atk +1 Legendary Lyn, neutral Brave Lyn and +Def/-Spd Ninian.

Music is Fading Cherry Blossoms from Samurai Shodown Warrior Rage

-Feels good to finally use a non -Atk Karla, although she's still frail so I had to be smart on when to use her to attack. Had to be quite offensive with Ninian dancing support since getting trapped would be a disaster in this map. Ninian herself had to tank some hits and make a chokepoint to delay the reinforcements while both Lyns sniped at their enemies. L!Lyn in particular was impressive with the amount of wins she had, even if she needed Lancebreaker in the early turns.

On 11/19/2019 at 7:45 AM, mcsilas said:

Team is +Def/-Res Silas, +Spd/-Res Owain, +Atk +1 Shiro and +Atk +1 Gray.

Music is Master of Tartarus from Persona 3

Just a clear with some of my favourite characters against an edgy Sacaean swordsman.

-With double Steady Stance, Silas has so much defense that the axe units actually go the opposite direction!

-Shiro's QR made short work of Rutger- can't worry about Vantage when you can just enemy phase the swordsman!

-Gray needed Def +1 to survive taking all those hits- otherwise the Brave Axe flier would exactly KO him. Feels good to flex his Zanbato against the green cavs though

---

Here is a Silver Emblem clear (feat. the Silver Nobleman, Silver Knight and the Silver-haired Maiden)

Team is +Atk/-Res Klein, +Def/-Res Seth, +Res-Spd Micaiah and neutral Brave Micaiah.

Music is Way of the Overlord from Samurai Shodown 2019

-Brave Micaiah makes her debut in the Silver Emblem team while Dancing Micaiah rests her dancing feet. Ground Orders mobility really makes positioning funner and easier. She also has great synergy with Klein's Chills and also Seth's Tactics.

-Swordbreaker helped Klein and Micaiah quickly take out pesky fast swords in a flash, while Seth's gem weapon made short work of the greens in the final rounds. Exact KO on the last axe was a nice touch.

---

Team is +Spd/-Def Karla, +Atk +1 Legendary Lyn, neutral Brave Lyn and +Def/-Spd Ninian.

Music is Fading Cherry Blossoms from Samurai Shodown Warrior Rage

-Feels good to finally use a non -Atk Karla, although she's still frail so I had to be smart on when to use her to attack. Had to be quite offensive with Ninian dancing support since getting trapped would be a disaster in this map. Ninian herself had to tank some hits and make a chokepoint to delay the reinforcements while both Lyns sniped at their enemies. L!Lyn in particular was impressive with the amount of wins she had, even if she needed Lancebreaker in the early turns.

Tanky bois clear~  They managed to hold on pretty well since not too many ranged hitters managed to pile up on them. Silas is always impressive with how much he’s able to wall off. Gray was the other real champ, taking on all those Greens and Horses.

Also, what’s up with Silas not being merged? He’s in your name!

Blue Micaiah was able to take on a lot of units all on her own from one spot, while Klein took charge of shooting down reinforcements. Flying Micaiah made positioning her teammates easier~ We need Micaiah Emblem to quadruple the fun~ 

L!Lyn is so fun, she is so underrated~ Ninian was helpful in stalling those Reds so the Lyns could clean up and acting as a roadblock. Rutger took quite a beating to go down~ Karla came through for the endgame~

All great clears! 

On 11/19/2019 at 7:45 AM, mcsilas said:

It looks like Gray was flexing on a lot more than just the green cavs. =P  It's a good thing Shiro's Def Tactic wasn't working on your team's infantry units, otherwise, he couldn't have survived the Brave Axe guy.

You can never go wrong with a Brave Bow Archer in these kind of maps.  However I was most impressed with Micaiah's performance in clearing out the cavalry mages, giving everyone else the space they needed.

Karla's sighs of exasperation went so well with those bad battle forecasts, haha.  It's rare to see Legendary Lyn doing anything besides providing Spd Tactic buffs to allies for these kind of maps, but somehow you're able to get her what, six kills?  She did well.

Edited by DLNarshen

• 2 weeks later...

@DLNarshen Rutger not being able to double Julius was probably the biggest surprise. SPD/DEF Link is an odd B skill but it shines here. The remaining forces (which was pretty much the entire army) tried to overwhelm Julius but they couldn't break through his healing. Julia did a spectacular job protecting him from the only problematic enemies on the field. The only real danger here was keeping the lvl1's safe, which says a lot.

@mcsilas Didn't know you had a soft spot for Shiro. It's always fun to see Owain even if I don't use mine. It seemed like dealing with the mages was going to be difficult with your team but you dealt with them pretty smoothly as it turns out. Your defensive formation was impressive. They chipped away at your units but you cleared them out and you did it with no magic, dancers, armors or healers which is pretty nuts honestly. Also I do kind of want a Grey even though he'll contribute pretty much nothing to my barracks at this point. Guy needs a refine.

Huh, never seen anyone refine Seth's weapon. This one was pretty scary at first, the enemies backed you into a corner fast but Micaiah was ready for the cav mages. When the reinforcements came behind you I was curious for a second to see how the team was going to deal with them with Rutger right in front. Then I realized why Micaiah brought swordbreaker. Everything was just cleanup afterwards. Klein was able to quad everyone he fought even though he never actually needed her which was funny. I didn't think Seth was actually going to end up doing anything so seeing him get the final kill was nice as well. Really should have made him a lance cav honestly. Even if sword cavs are more rare, lance cav was a better fit for him.

L!Lyn was the star of the last clear which is honestly amazing. I've never seen her put in that much work. She chewed away at Rutgers forces while B!Lyn covered the rear for the most part. Ninian creating that chokepoint made an otherwise unbeatable map doable for your team which was pretty great to see. I honestly expected B!Lyn or Karla to be the star of this clear but the latter barely did anything at all. Ninian is also always the dancer filler for FE7 clears I've noticed.

Among these I'm gonna say your first clear was my favorite.

I actually went for a B!Roy clear here to go along with the Hrid one I did. Just didn't have time and the movitation nosedived. I feel I'm very much done doing clears, I just have a terrible backlog and I'm working on that. Still not sure I'll do anything for the Altina map as I only have one more day. But we'll see. For now I'd like to clear out my backlog of watching clears as well so that's a project this week since work is kind of slow at the moment so I have a bit more time than usual. (Even if XCOM 2 has been eating that. Such a good game... on par with Fire Emblem as far as strategy goes.)

@Zeo Yeah Shiro is my favourite Fates kid, such a chill, cool kid. I think almost a favourite as Silas. (Even requested a sprite edit of him for my sig when he wasn't in the game yet). Oh and fun fact, Shiro's VA is the same as Owain/Odin, which seals the deal, I was so gobsmacked when I saw him in one of the first Book 2 maps when it came out since they weren't announced yet.

Mathilda is getting a refine so maybe Gray soon???

Yeah Seth's weapon is pretty niche but also Spd Tactic is nice since it's the rarest Tactic skill. Once I figured out that Silver Emblem is also a Tactics team, I went ahead and refined it since I couldn't not use Silverbrand for the theme. Such a shame about his stat spread though. Oh if you want to see how the Silver Emblem's debut worked out as a synergetic Chill + Tactics team, I recommend watching their clear against Walhart's rerun whenever you're free.

Glad you enjoyed L!Lyn stepping up, I really hope you do get her sometime. I think you'd enjoy the Sacaen Emblem team on the previous page because I think she did better in that clear with the Atk/Spd bond seal (she didn't even need Lancebreaker). But again, whenever you have time.

Speaking of time, yeah clears and even comments take time, even just giving your really nice detailed comments are so great to see. Really feel those days where just recording clears isn't very motivating, but just gotta do what you enjoy and what time allows so it's understandable not really seeing more clears lol

Edited by mcsilas

@mcsilas I'm sure I'll get around to the other clears at some point.

You have no idea how much I appreciate that. Sometimes just watching the clears and commenting is a lot of work or takes up a lot of time and can be a deterrent but I still try to do it. It's nice to know that it's always appreciated even if I don't have a clear of my own. I know I appreciate each and every comment I get for my clears, kind of helps the clear feel worth it sometimes if that makes sense.

I may be done recording again but I still have a few sets of clears I need to get around to uploading. Might do a few before the day is over.

• 4 months later...