Where in the World are you?

Raven

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Abu Dhabi, in the United Arab Emirates (AKA one of the middle-east countries that is very popular to tourists).

Warm in Spring, but hot in Fall, hot as hell in Summer, and cold as hell in Winter. We get pretty nice rain in winter, though. =)

• 2 weeks later...

Chateauguay, a suburb of Montreal in Quebec, Canada.

It's nothing special - not a terrible place to live, it's quiet enough. But there's serious French/English rivalry around here, but it seems to be dying down. The province as a whole has a terrible bias towards the Francophone population however, the Anglos are slowly being forced out or forced to forgo their rights little by little. :/

• 2 weeks later...

I'm from Gatineau, Quebec, Canada, right across the river from Ottawa. Nice place, we have a huge National Park and being right next to the country's capital has its perks. We also have the longest Skating Rink in the world.

Chateauguay, a suburb of Montreal in Quebec, Canada.

It's nothing special - not a terrible place to live, it's quiet enough. But there's serious French/English rivalry around here, but it seems to be dying down. The province as a whole has a terrible bias towards the Francophone population however, the Anglos are slowly being forced out or forced to forgo their rights little by little. :/

And I find this extremely ironic from my perspective as a French Canadian, since a lot of Quebec nationalists keep saying that the English part is out to get us and wants us to be assimilated. I've always found Separatist to be quite selfish, since they stop caring about the right of french speakers outside the borders of Quebec and yet the limit the rights of English speakers in their borders. If you hadn't figured it out by now, I find the Quebec separatist movement to be pointless and driven by selfishness, fear and bigotry.

Copenhagen, Denmark. Country of salty liquorice, bicycles and free universities :)

Bonus Information: A common joke here in Denmark is that the only time Danes stop complaining about the cold is when we complain about the rain.