A relaxed Conquest playthrough (With Screenshots!)

DehNutCase

1 minute ago, This boi uses Nino said:

I know she gives the awakening one but what about the other 2? I didn't know they existed, which are they?

0aTJ4XQ.png

You get a choice between Witch and Ballistician for 'A Gift from Anna,' and a Paragon Scroll & Boots from the second one. (Vanguard Dawn is my paid map.)

22 minutes ago, This boi uses Nino said:

So is Odin any good?

Missed this one.

He's basically what Mozu is supposed to be. He starts off not as shit and has better payoffs later (at least in my opinion), but he's still very similar to a trainee unit, and Conquest kind of hates trainee units.

He does join early enough in Conquest that you can get over his early game hump pretty easily, though. (And apparently he's meme-tier in Revelations, and I don't mean in a good way.)

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, DehNutCase said:

You get a choice between Witch and Ballistician for 'A Gift from Anna,' and a Paragon Scroll & Boots from the second one. (Vanguard Dawn is my paid map.)

I thought you said 3 maps when you said three free dlcs.... damn

1 hour ago, DehNutCase said:

(And apparently he's meme-tier in Revelations, and I don't mean in a good way.)

Do you not have Rev?

His Rev bases:

Name Class Level HP Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res Mov
Odin Dark Mage 12 24 8 12 12 10 12 7 10 5

His joining chapter- Chapter 17. The next fight features all promoted enemies I believe, and the game stays that way from there on out. Peri, Laslow, and Niles come in the same chapter, although at higher levels with better bases- not to call any of them good.

Nyx comes in Chapter 15 with exactly the same bases and level as that of CQ, in the same chapter as Shura, with his BR (higher) 20/10 bases.

Did anybody playtest this?

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Do you not have Rev?

I do, just haven't played it to the end. (So I'm not really qualified to talk about him in that route.)

If I had to use him I'd probably just early promote him and then let his Sword-faire access fix his stat weaknesses from early promotion, but that's the kind of thing I'd need to use in a run to try to figure out the cost/benefits of.

In Rev Odin can attack stance in his join map to hit 20/1 before the end of the map.

Pulled him in a lunatic PMU and Odin+Ophelia pretty much carried the lategame there.

TL:DR Odin has a rough start in rev/cq but is blatantly OP the moment his growths and class set kick in.

Chapter 8:

Pre-map Planning:

q8yjlI7.png  nm1C3Px.png

Like the map so helpfully informs us, we need to visit 3 villages for max gold rewards. (10k gold). Visiting two will get you 5k, and visiting less than that will get you jack all. Since we get 1 village visit as a freebie, that pretty much means we just need to secure 2 village visits. I'll be perfectly honest, getting 10k for visiting 3 felt really odd the first time I played Conquest considering it said it was the poor as shit route.

Anyway, there's pretty much 3 ways to visit 3 villages, assuming we visit the 'freebie' village right next to our starting location. We can either visit 2 villages top, 2 villages left, or 1 village top and 1 village left.

Doing 2 villages on one side has the advantage of keeping your team together, meaning there's very low risk of getting RNG screwed---other people can pick up the slack---on the other hand, you pretty much have to use freeze staff + somehow get sky high mobility to reach the top 2 villages in time. The left side villages are easier, and you can visit both pretty consistently, but it can occasionally cost you some freeze staff uses.

The last option, visiting 1 on each side, gives you the most time to do your stuff in exchange for the most complication in terms of positioning. This means you're more likely to be RNG screwed*, but, on the other hand, you'll pretty much never use a freeze staff when you do this. I'll be doing this since staves are the one resource I hoard like a crazy person, and I already did the 2 on one side thing plenty of times in my older playthroughs.

*I was actually RNG blessed, this run was worth 1 or 2 moral resets. (More on this later.)

Aside from the villages there's pretty much only 1 other notable thing about the map, which is Flora spamming Freeze staff uses at you while you're walking to the left side villages. (She seems to prioritize people in range of being attacked, so it should be pretty simple to prevent your village runner from being frozen if you really cared.)

My Castle Stuff:

bT6nlUF.png  YYf7okl.png

FOIQpZq.png 

Got some nice high-rolls on our random stuff for this chapter, a free bronze axe and +1 Spd\Skill to our two most important units. (If you aren't doing castle visits or whatever you won't have enough dragon vein points to get stuff like the lottery and kitchen this early---particularly since you might want to save DV points for the blacksmith and jail.)

Resource Distribution:

G2H2NjJ.png  4BoQB5u.png

Note: If you're fine with using raider weapons (from visit/battle points), there's pretty much never a need to buy bronze weapons ever. I'm doing this for, ahem, reasons. The heart seal is for Odin to class change into Samurai, and the bronze sword is to troll his ass.

GatzlzO.png  cFiNdO2.png

I put them on Corrin because obviously you waste her inventory slots like this even though everyone next to her can just Convoy. (Seriously, though, the Convoy is so god damn convenient.) Jakob also has a sword just in case Odin somehow learned swords without using a Heart Seal. (I was just being stupid.)

The map:

ZrsUBtI.png

Pretty typical turn one, except maybe for the part where my village person is going to pair up with the slowest person on the team, meaning he'll be behind for a while.

kxClgKl.png

As you can see, Jakob flat out doesn't give a shit about any mages on this map. I spaced him like this so that he's outside the highlighted unit's range*, but in retrospect I should've moved him up 1 more, assuming that was possible, so that he counter-kills the other mage on EP.

*An axe-guy who aggros the whole group from the house, I believe.

8TjGbFV.png

Niles has some pretty sketchy ORKOs on the left side mages. 78%^2 is something like a 60% ORKO, but I get really lucky here and he ORKOs both this mage and another one that attacks him on EP---you don't really need the ORKOs, though.

You need to pair him with Odin (or someone really far left), for him to be able to reach this mage turn 2, incidentally.

E9kLvu5.png

Now I un-freeze the lake, partly because I thought being in the mage's range (the one next to the highlighted axe) was enough to aggro the group---it's not---and partly because the way Niles is positioned means that the mages can only attack him where he can counter them. Only 1 attacks him, though, the other one does 0 damage thanks to Lily's Poise, so they just stand there.

XJW2DhN.png

And here's why I positioned Elise like that, rather than trying for some mage ORKOs on EP.

1nvaf8e.png

End of turn 3. I was still thinking the highlighted mage was enough to aggro the whole group, so I positioned Jakob over here, rather than the square above which he could've reached.

This was also the turn I found out that Flora prefers to freeze people in range of attacks. (Elise still has 2 turns to get away, so it didn't really matter, but it was nice to know.)

5yUVvVJ.png  3WD2wTQ.png

And doop, 3 Villages in 4 turns or so. Jakob could get hit by two axes this turn, which would kill him if they both land, but his Shield Guage is full & nobody else can reach him.

To be honest, I should've basically won at this point, since it's trivial to just back off and keep backing off to control combats at this point, but careless play still meant I got a pair of moral resets later.

p10afez.png

Behold the power of ODIN DARK. His first combat, and his last time using a tome for quite a while. We also finished the pair of axes that started the map above flora at this point.

KW5cAuh.png  gKxbkUG.png

And Elise picks up this very Elise level for her very first level. I tend to try to conserve heal staffs if possible, since Elise doesn't really need levels to do her job, not even after promotion---her offensive growths are so stupidly high, and her hp and def so stupidly low, that levels don't really do anything for her. She'll be ORKOing everything pretty much no matter what, and either OHKOd or 2HKOd by everything (except mages) no matter what.

TanyfqL.png  0y0N9z7.png

Odin also embraces his destiny, picking up a grand total of FOURTEEN stat points in exchange for eight. Dark Mage bases are so garbage that changing out of them to a different Tier 1 Class is basically a promotion.

DhXXJaY.png  lHIbisa.png

Enemy stats are so stupid. (23 + 4 when attacking vs. 13).

Of course, me being the dumbass that I am, didn't bother checking Corrin's Res (she has 4 after Yato, and technically she's ahead in Res at this point) before I placed her in range of both of these people. She survived with one hit point. All I needed to do was move Elise next to her and it'd be so much more comfortable, but I didn't bother.

Moral Reset Count: 2

EnYrPBa.png

Things are getting pretty chill at this point, so here's a nice zoomed out screen to show everything. Everyone still on the map isn't aggro'd, so the map is pretty much won at this point unless I do something stupid. You know, like what I'm doing right here. (Not only was Corrin taking a ton of damage, we'll also be trying to fight mooks next to Flora rather than, say, not next to Flora.)

fG3x98w.png

Odin's offenses are pretty sweet, though.

9inR0wu.png

The risky part of run---aside from the whole stupid setup that led to this situation in the first place. Not only would Flora hit a melee who killed the axe, there were other units that could move up attack too. If Niles failed the ORKO I'd have to hope the axe guy attacks first and goes for Niles, who'll have his Shield Gauge filled after this combat, rather than double teaming Odin with the mage.

Let's count this as half a moral reset.

Moral Reset Count: 2.5

eKxT8DH.png  S88ViGz.png

Elise had to move in to heal Odin or the axe guy could kill him, which meant Arthur had to move in since Elise is OHKOd by the axe. So I dropped Jakob with his weapon unequipped in range of the axe, forgetting that Niles had less Def + a 2 range weapon. (Didn't want Arthur to get hit because of the whole 3% to explode into tiny pieces thing.)

sqxkKXr.png

But yeah, AI doesn't consider Shield Guages, so what happened was that the axe tried to smack Niles for 0 damage, letting me chip with Jakob before finishing with Odin.

6NSXibZ.png  R6i3fUW.png

Behold, Odin Dark. (This is only slightly above average for him, by the way. His growths are bonkers. He has 4.1 average stat growth per level when he's in the Samurai Class, compared to the 3.85 in Dark Mage. Dark Mage is so fucking garbage.*)

*The promoted forms are fine, though.

NSOnzyJ.png  QehqlMK.png

Also, Jesus, Jakob. This guy has 17 speed level 10 for some reason. This is 3.5 points above average. (He got the level while chipping the axe.)

He's so blessed it's not even funny.

k8vI0wN.png

Nothing except mop up now, pretty much. The rest of the level is just baiting people into range to get destroyed one at a time, so you can take it as quick or slow as you're comfortable with.

(That's Niles baiting the mage, in case it's hard to see.)

OY5dqFl.png  hGVZuK0.png

I'm perfectly fine giving exp to Niles. He won't be a priority or anything, but he'll probably be in my team more or less forever, thanks to locktouch + very high mobility in his promoted classes.

And this is very much not a Niles level, don't expect him to be getting Def all that often.

YMoO5aI.png  0Rg3PMV.png

Doop, and a doop. Flora's personal would be so much better if it activated on the second hit if she's being doubled---Niles would be dead right now if it worked like that. You'd care more about the stat debuff than the damage if you're using her, though.

UfwSG3V.png  H7iol0q.png

Yeah this is pretty much the rest of the map.

eZ0ThOP.png  nJbhsQR.png

Again, only slightly above average. (Odin's growths and bases are actually absurd, but people like using him in Dark Mage rather than Samurai.)

3rz3i3c.png  WuWZRTc.png

Here's where I re-learned (I probably knew this before) that the mage isn't enough to aggro the whole group.

bJmhcHy.png

It took him all of 2 levels to go from needing Attack Stance to ORKO people to only needing 2 Str from Guard Stance, it's nice.

2VPgbqG.png

Setsuna's Yumi is a very inaccurate bow with a debuff component---I'm using the inaccuracy part to try and fish for extra exp. But Niles hit. (I don't think he missed a single shot this map.)

ks5vL9q.png

Doop. Doop. Marching left.

4Bh2HOS.png

I don't think I need to tell you how this ends, even if it takes a few turns.

q8DUstb.png  IhrNYAC.png

Corrin was at 99/100, so she leveled from the combat exp from blocking a hit on EP.

bZNpDIl.png

Elise takes a Heal staff form the convoy here. (I didn't buy it, it was one of the battle/visitor point bonuses.)

cnzfYMk.png

evUpEls.png  Fo6aizX.png

And Jakob gets his first below par level of the game. R.I.P. Ultra-Perfect-Jakob.

fRGPz1J.png

Took quite a few turns, as you can see.

Epilogue:

XACo2d8.png  6kMhzvw.png

Jakob goes to A. (Again, not sure if he's supposed to be A right now, I used the my room thing on him before the map this time as well.) And Odin picks up a pair of supports.

YcZxS9o.png  W5tWAwG.png

I've been feeding Lilith, incidentally. (And she very much can't be this high, normally. It's a combination of time passing + my occasional castle visits.)

cjegcRT.png  X8bRqBX.png

And, of course, to take advantage of Odin's Prf Skill, I give him a nice forged sword with a long name.

(lul)

Edited by DehNutCase

Paralogue 1:

Pre-map Planning:

Fio6nj9.png

Not much to say about this map, other than the fact that you do kind of need to get to Mozu (the little green dot) before she gets her ass OHKOd.

If you're trying to speed things up as much as possible then you'd most likely want 3 groups, one rushing left, one rushing left and down, and one rushing down, covering as much map as possible and killing everything ASAP. Breaking your team into 3 groups is kind of annoying, however, considering that you usually only have 2 healers at this point, Elise + either Jakob or Felicia. That said, the group that goes down can easily swing left (and then up), so breaking into 2 groups is only marginally slower.

I'll be moving everyone down as a single clump to start before splitting the team up. The smaller team would go up then left, and the bigger team would go left then up. (The left and up team will be bigger to deal with all the mooks that home in on Mozu.)

I actually considered doing this after Chapter 9, to get Azura some weapon exp, but decided against it since it'll kind of ruin the pacing if I go do random crap after Chapter 9 rather than Chapter 10, which I assume a lot of you are looking forward to. Azura doesn't really need levels for that map anyway, between the ability to dance abuse* for exp and HP tonics.

*I'll be leaving the Invasion alone, in part to have a way to dance abuse if I think I want her leveled for Chapter 10, and in part because I don't really need the extra exp + Goddess Icon right now. The fact that you get 2 Goddess Icons by this point means that if you actually cared about Arthur his Luck is fixed now, incidentally. Just give him a Luck Tonic if you're still worried, for a total of +12 Luck.

While we're on the topic of Mozu:

I kind of lied when I said re-classing from Dark Mage into another tier 1 class is a basically a promotion---if you re-class into villager then ho boy. There are bad bases and then there are villager bases. The biggest problem with Mozu isn't really her villager bases, though, and not even the fact she starts level 1, it's the fact that even after you get her out of villager her bases are still kind of god awful, and the one stat she critically needs, HP, is the one stat where she has only 30% growth in (40% after aptitude, and 50% after most tier 1 class growth rates---Fighter and Knight has the most at 20%, most melee classes have 10%, and most ranged classes have 0%).

A level 5 Mozu who had classed changed into Samurai at level 1 (somehow), would have 18 HP/7.4 Str/0.6 Mag/9 Skill/13.4 Speed/5.8 Luck/4.8 Def/and 6 Res.

Level 5 Samurai Odin has 22 HP/9 Str/2 Mag/12 Skill/ 12 Spd/ 11 Luck/ 6 Def/5 Res.

In other words, she has -4 hp, - 1.6 Str, -3 Skill, -5.2 Luck, -1.2 Def in exchange for 1.4 Spd and 1 Res. Now, Res is a very good stat, later in the game, but A: early game isn't 'later in the game' and B: God damn that's a lot of shit you gave up for that point of Res. (Odin was doubling people at level 5 on his joining map---Spd still sort of matters, but he already has overkill Speed as a Samurai.)

And, if you decide to tough it out and stick with Mozu all the way to level cap (20/20) without wanting to kill yourself, you'd get, assuming you promote into Swordmaster:

36 hp/29.8 Str/8.65 Mag/33 Skill/36 Speed/30.6 Luck/22.1 Def/25 Res.

Odin has:

45.1 Hp/26.3 Str/15.15 Mag/33 Skill/33.7 Speed/34 Luck/21.6 Def/17.2 Res.

In other words, you pay 9.1 Hp and 3.4 Luck in exchange for 3.5 Str, 2.3 Speed, .5 Def*, and 7.8 Res.

*Not five Def. Half a Def.

I hope you really like Res as a stat, is what I'm saying, because she didn't even get enough of it to have more Magical bulk than Odin. His huge HP pool means that he's better at taking single hits on both sides, still, and taking 2 hits without dying is kind of a pipe dream when you're made of toilet paper. The extra 3.5 Str is nice, though, if we ignore the fact that she'll never be able to run Life and Death* without exploding to everything on the map.

*She does have Master of Arms access if you're feeling suicidal, but note that she can't get Vantage since she gets Master of Arms from Villager rather than Samurai.

That said, she is the only source of Merchant other than, ahem, Midori if you wanted to farm Gold Bars with Profiteer. Note that Midori has basically +20 Luck as a personal, and Profiteer runs off Luck. (You know, the stat Mozu's losing to Odin in, even at level cap.)

Someone really hated the idea of Trainee units when they gave Mozu her numbers.

Objectives:

Vulnerary, Brass Naginata, back fill some exp for units that might be useful for Chapter 10.

Exp being the way it is in Lunatic, you can't really keep your 'main team' that far ahead, meaning it's fine to give the B-stringers some exp every once in a while. Jakob and Corrin are already level 11, meaning we're hitting the point of very heavy diminishing returns when it comes to combat exp, so they'll be sitting back and watching the B-stringers do things. (Except for the boss Faceless, who's level 10 in an ocean of identical Level 6 mooks.)

My Castle Stuff:

4O7eNSF.png  5qyDcF5.png

Pretty low-rolls this time around, although I should note that the Chosen Loaf is better than it looks.

OBKZa26.png  GcGzpV3.png

Pretty nice roll all things considered, since Elise & Corrin are our only two magic users at the moment, and she's always thankful for Def. (Technically Jakob has a 19 use staff. Spoilers: he didn't use a single charge.)

Also note by 'all units' it means all units who ate the food, not everyone in your army.

Resource Distribution:

eATuCq4.png  2oHi9sn.png

Gave Corrin the +3 def sword back now that she has more inventory space again, and gave Arthur the Bronze Axe I won from the lottery before Chapter 8. (I would've brought it to chapter 8, but I didn't remember the bronze +10 dodge bonus until I was trolling Odin.)

Edit: Arthur got a surge of Str and Mag, I believe, hence his sky high Str and actually extant Mag.

7zh3NXm.png

Gave Jakob some bread I found on the ground just in case I, A: Didn't feel like making him magic up some fruit, and B: Actually wanted him to hit random mooks.

The Map:

iUGmw4I.png

Honestly Odin could do with a few more points of hp, he'd be 2HKOd if it wasn't for Silas' +2 Def.

Anyway, my turn one was pretty simple, pre-deploy my high move guys (Jakob, who has +1 move from promotion, and my two horses) as forward as possible, and pair people up with them to move down a bit quicker.

zD3HuYT.png  Tb9rztz.png

Odin.jpg

M6bmek2.png

End of Turn 1. (Note: My turn numbers can be off sometimes, since I'm writing these up from memory as I look at screenshots, so don't fret if things look a bit odd.)

Hd8NKYV.png  DrirMeI.png

I looked at this and went 'oh shit, Odin is 2HKOd despite Silas,' forgetting that he'd gained 1 hp from promotion. So I paired him with Arthur instead and had Elise heal him to full.

Odin's in range of 2 Faceless, I believe, but Lily's Poise meant that he'd survive even if he low-rolled his dodges.

Ka97LRn.png

This 100% hit chance is from Heartseeker, by the way. (God damn that skill is low key amazing.)

I5Q9hHC.png  sdmPwww.png

A doop, and a doop.

NNTkklY.png

Turn 3 or something.

CEe8WVd.png  KnCQGrp.png

Vulnerary and Brass Naginata, acquired.

7YbxP5l.png

You can probably tell how I'm going to split the team now. Jakob + Effie goes up, everyone else goes left.

w2rX6GA.png  GBphxS8.png

Effie's Spd growth is actually pretty great despite the fact the Knight class only gives 5% speed. (She has 50% naturally, meaning she's more likely to get speed than not.) Main issue is her low bases, so it takes some high-rolls to get to the point where you notice she's actually pretty damn fast. She makes a pretty decent combat Maid once you promote her (she has Troubadour as her Heart Seal option), giving her access to Shuriken for 1-2 range counters. Conquest is kind of filled with Maids already, though.

gd3xbWS.png

It's hard to see, but that's Silas paired with Mozu baiting that single Faceless. Also note Jakob going top now. (He's in range for Effie to join him.)

oSFQCV9.png

This is why you bait with Odin. D: (+20% Hit is so nice.)

He does land both shots, though.

6r0DhMn.png  6CT4Jyj.png

Corrin goes here so that nobody else gets double teamed, which would be lethal for everyone except Arthur.

Then Odin picks up the kill. (He's being a big baby in the screenshot because he doesn't see his soon to be full Shield Gauge.)

5R4zgbI.png 

He's still going to use that Bronze Sword I forged for him, though. (At least until Jakob and Kaze starts going through E rank hell.)

HdBjqRh.png

End of Turn 6, as the screenshot so helpfully tells us. About half the map is done by this point, but the boss tends to take a while to chip down even if you aren't abusing him for exp.

oeXRJc8.png

We need to down two of these guys so that we don't lose anyone, but fortunately Odin has 100% hit odds and Corrin's pretty accurate as well, so this can only go south if stupid happens.

kMkyAwn.png  5tCFimu.png

Okay I'll admit he's actually kind of crazy at this point. Just because he gets 4.1 stats a level doesn't mean he's only supposed to get 5 and 6 stat levels.

dBAdvh7.png

If your name isn't Karel*, I'm not willing to go through this shit for you. This is after a +2 Str, +2 Def pair-up from Silas. Edit: Derp, that's not Silas, that's Elise. She'll probably survive & actually do damage if it's Silas.

*Presumably in a reverse recruitment run or something.

h6BTV6s.png

Weirdly enough, the faceless goes for Silas rather than Niles. (Note how everyone except Niles is paired up, so that I don't eat an Attack Stance, and Niles is too far away for the highlighted Faceless to provide Attack Stance Support.)

IcjM4bb.png

Gotta love armored unit base stats. (And Gentilhomme being such a great skill.)

vG0EkQF.png  OeGUVJ4.png

Odin stayed with Elise since they had a full Shield Guage, so I did this to save a staff use. (+ Elise gets combat exp like this anyway, so she isn't missing out on exp either.)

jwidyPv.png

Note the 0% chance to get exploded. Arthur's sky high bulk means that losing a bit of MT from using bronze rather than iron doesn't really matter, he's still really good at front-lining. A bronze +1 and an iron have the same MT and cost exactly the same, ignoring crystals, so if you're willing to visit castles and aren't using steel you don't really lose anything except the chance to randomly crit people. Plus you're a bit more accurate.

It does mean you don't get to use his hand-axe unless you can weapon swap with a trade, though, but honestly you should be trying to swap out of the -5 speed on EP even if it wasn't Arthur.

RavHELB.png  cLMBFSk.png

Only two mooks left before the boss, and I separate them like this. (If Effie was one more square forward I think they'd pair up for Attack Stance, ignoring the fact that Effie is a brick wall.)

ac2KfhU.png  UYiCJLN.png

Pictured, 17 defense of sadness. (And 12 Res, lul.)

kcU4lDT.png  Is5c8MW.png

Now this is a typical Niles level. Including the fact that you get neither luck nor skill, meaning his hit-rates have a tendency to stay sketchy.

jOfuZ9b.png

This shit should be a level 5 or level 15 skill, to be honest. Instead we get... Armored Blow, which would be pretty safe even if it was a level 1 or level 10 skill. Like, you know, Duelist's Blow. (The Samurai class so weirdly overpowered in terms of skill access.)

PldSFvM.png  VNny3kC.png

17 def of saaaaaaaaaaaaadness. 

I wait a turn for Corrin to join him, giving him Supportive.

Wn536nR.png  aQ0Y0QA.png

Odin is a pretty big baby considering how he works as a unit. His shield guage charges at mach speed since he doubles all the time from the combination of high speed + mediocre attack. Also, why does this guy have 13 speed on top of everything else.

Qs4Uy58.png

If it wasn't for the fact that Odin's so great this wouldn't be a 100%. (Heartseeker is a level 1 skill for some reason.)

wCFhYJo.png

Pretty slow despite how straight-forward the map is. (Wait till we get to actually complicated maps, remember I managed to take 26 turns in a prologue map, haha.)

Epilogue:

XcATjxL.png  KSNedTJ.png

Jakob gets a C with Effie, from leeching like 20% of a level from all the Attack Stance hits, and Elise gets supports with Odin and Niles.

GNWVJp5.png  3M6qSVH.png

I like how Odin's the one on duty when I went to buy swords to keep trolling him. Nice that we got a small discount, but it's basically meaningless. (Just sell a Goddess Icon or something if you're that strapped for cash.)

Ignore the fact that my pointer's on sell, it's because of my hotkey combo to take screenshots.

y9wFIfZ.png

The power groooooooows. (I did a castle visit for some more crystals, in case you were wondering.)

Edit: A minor note on forging E-ranks.

It's pretty worth it to forge to +1, since you're basically paying 500 for +2 Str (assuming you sell the sword later), which is the about the price of 3 uses of Str tonics, and it's probably worth it to forge to +2 if you plan to have multiple people going through the same weapon type. That said, the raider stuff give you +3 speed, so even after some forges they're still comparable.

And all this is assuming you get all the minerals you need from castle visits.

Edited by DehNutCase

18 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

*I'll be leaving the Invasion alone, in part to have a way to dance abuse if I think I want her leveled for Chapter 10, and in part because I don't really need the extra exp + Goddess Icon right now. The fact that you get 2 Goddess Icons by this point means that if you actually cared about Arthur his Luck is fixed now, incidentally. Just give him a Luck Tonic if you're still worried, for a total of +12 Luck.

Personally, for all the talk of giving Arthur Goddess Icons, I think it's not much improvement when thanks to his garbage tier personal skill, he STILL needs help to not risk instantly exploding into a bloody mess from any cannon fodder he faces, and thus I'd rather give it to someone who actually improves from them rather than a bottom-of-the-barrel scrub whose viability - and situation - doesn't improve with them.

Edited by Shadow Mir

15 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Personally, for all the talk of giving Arthur Goddess Icons, I think it's not much improvement when thanks to his garbage tier personal skill, he STILL needs help to not risk instantly exploding into a bloody mess from any cannon fodder he faces, and thus I'd rather give it to someone who actually improves from them rather than a bottom-of-the-barrel scrub whose viability - and situation - doesn't improve with them.

Arthur has some of the best bulk in the early game. This is Lunatic, where being 2HKOd means you have good bulk, and Arthur has the very rare virtue of being 3HKOd. Like, it's nice to say that everyone else doesn't have to worry about getting crit, but they replace that with having to worry about getting hit, which is a far bigger concern.

He also has 50/45 Hp/Def growths personally, and 20/5 Hp/Def from fighter class, so he'll keep that bulk lead more or less forever.

Giving Arthur Goddess Icons (or using a Bronze Axe) is like giving an ordinary unit Dracoshields.

Compare him with Silas, for example:

Silas, coming in at level 6, has:

22 Hp/11 Str/9 Skl/8 Spd/7 Lck/10 Def/5 Res

And another 3 Str when he's not standing in forests for more bulk.

Arthur, coming in at level 7, has:

24 hp/12 Str/9 Skl/8 Spd/1 Lck/9 Def/4 Res

And 5 hp from his fighter skill.

Silas has 50% Hp growths and 50% Def growths after Cavalier class growths.

Arthur has 70% Hp growths and 50% Def growths after fighter.

Since Arthur's one level higher let's give Silas a perfect bulk level with both Hp and Def, giving him 23 hp/11 Def.

On Lunatic, where we're worried about 2HKOs, 2 hp is more or less 1 def, and Arthur has a gigantic 29 - 23 = 6 hp lead, which means that he's more or less 1 def ahead, and gains another .1 def every level. (From the 20% extra hp growth.)

If you're worried about non-cavalry growths and bases skewing the values, Arthur Heart Seals into Cavalier for:

22 hp/11 Str/8 Skl/7 Spd/2 Lck/10 Def/6 Res.

Which turns into 27 hp after his fighter skill. (+5 hp is ridiculous on harder difficulties where getting 2HKOd is a threat even on relatively bulky units.) His base bulk lead stays the same because he traded 2 hp for 1 Def.

His growths also turn into 60% hp and 55% def. Which is still .1 def gain per level, until you stop being 2HKOd.

That said, Arthur has 5% less Speed growth than Silas in Cavalier, and starts a whole point (more like 1.5 after the level difference) lower. He's also a point (more like 1.6 after level difference) less skilled, although he has a 5% growth lead in that department.

After all of that, though, just straight up selling Goddess Icons is still one of the better uses for them. I do like Arthur as a unit, but his join time is crammed with good units, he just happens to have the best or second best early game out of everyone around his join time.

Edit: That said, not being 2HKOd matters a lot less on lower difficulties, so he's definitely less valuable on Normal or Hard.

Double Edit: Very minor note: When you're paired up with someone you get 2 dodge, so all pair-ups have an invisible 2 Luck. (You're supposed to get 5 dodge, but for some reason you divide that by 2.5 as if you were standing next to multiple people supporting you even if you and the unit you're paired with are only adjacent to empty squares or enemies.)

Edited by DehNutCase

Arthur has some of the best bulk in the early game. This is Lunatic, where being 2HKOd means you have good bulk, and Arthur has the very rare virtue of being 3HKOd. Like, it's nice to say that everyone else doesn't have to worry about getting crit, but they replace that with having to worry about getting hit, which is a far bigger concern.

3HKOed... with a chance that becomes a 1HKO unless you play around it constantly by either giving him training wheels or gluing him to his son (which assumes you were generous enough to marry him). Does that not seem unacceptable to you? Because it certainly is to me, and is an automatic "nope" in terms of unit viability besides.

He also has 50/45 Hp/Def growths personally, and 20/5 Hp/Def from fighter class, so he'll keep that bulk lead more or less forever.

Which doesn't help much when you can't score the hits you need to level up.

Giving Arthur Goddess Icons (or using a Bronze Axe) is like giving an ordinary unit Dracoshields.

Or I could bench his worthless ass because his only real use is being pair up fodder and save the Goddess Icons for someone who isn't clearly beyond redemption. Oh, and crit evade in this game is half of your luck stat, in case you didn't know.

Double Edit: Very minor note: When you're paired up with someone you get 2 dodge, so all pair-ups have an invisible 2 Luck. (You're supposed to get 5 dodge, but for some reason you divide that by 2.5 as if you were standing next to multiple people supporting you even if you and the unit you're paired with are only adjacent to empty squares or enemies.)

What? I don't think it works out that way...

1 hour ago, Shadow Mir said:

What? I don't think it works out that way...

I actually tested this because I was curious. I gave my Arthur a luck tonic (which puts him to 5 luck, or 0 dodge after his personal), and then gave him a Silas pair up. Went to hit someone both next to allies and not next to allies, both targets having 4% crit chance.

He had a 2% chance to be crit whether he was next to allies other than his pair up or not. (It should've been 0% alone and 2% next to allies, at least according to, uh, Serenes Forest's page on Supports, but *shrug.*)

3HKOed... with a chance that becomes a 1HKO unless you play around it constantly by either giving him training wheels or gluing him to his son (which assumes you were generous enough to marry him). Does that not seem unacceptable to you? Because it certainly is to me, and is an automatic "nope" in terms of unit viability besides.

It's a lot easier to get ~10 dodge than to go from being 2HKOd to being 3HKOd, is the thing, and Arthur has 5 hp as a level 1 skill. 10 dodge is about the difference between Arthur and a more 'normally' low Luck unit like Kaze, who has 4 base luck and 20% growths after class growths. (Arthur only has 10% in Fighter, but if you cared that much Cavalier gives him 20%.)

Axes happen to be a lot better than other weapons at going up in quality, but that's for Iron to Steel and Steel to Silver, not Bronze to Iron. If you allow forges a forged Bronze Axe costs exactly the same as an equal damage Iron Axe, and is more accurate besides. (At the cost of not being able to trigger offensive specials or crit. Which are useful, don't get me wrong, but I'm meming Odin with a Bronze Sword because you don't always need them.)

Which doesn't help much when you can't score the hits you need to level up.

It's a lot easier to feed Arthur exp than other people exp, because he's 3HKOd rather than 2HKOd on enemy phase. Even if we limit him to 100% to get crit you can still play him like Elise with his hand axe. (That is, someone who really wants to be close to the front lines (to Lily's Poise for her, to hand axe for him) while being OHKOd all the time.)

DhXXJaY.png

This asshat, this generic asshat is in chapter 8, right after Chapter 7, when Elise joins.

He OHKOs Elise until she's level 16 or so. Practically speaking it's a lot better than that, of course, thanks to all the -damage skills you can stack, but it's faster to go from 3HKOd to 4HKOd than 2HKOd to 3HKOd, so the more -damage you stack the easier it is to give Arthur combat exp.

Edited by DehNutCase

2 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

I actually tested this because I was curious. I gave my Arthur a luck tonic (which puts him to 5 luck, or 0 dodge after his personal), and then gave him a Silas pair up. Went to hit someone both next to allies and not next to allies, both targets having 4% crit chance.

He had a 2% chance to be crit whether he was next to allies other than his pair up or not. (It should've been 0% alone and 2% next to allies, at least according to, uh, Serenes Forest's page on Supports, but *shrug.*)

Oh, I think I see the problem - you used Arthur as your guinea pig. His personal skill even eats into crit evade bonuses you get from stuff like pair up, hence why even after pair up, he still ends up having a big fat goose egg for crit evade in most situations.

It's a lot easier to get ~10 dodge than to go from being 2HKOd to being 3HKOd, is the thing, and Arthur has 5 hp as a level 1 skill. 10 dodge is about the difference between Arthur and a more 'normally' low Luck unit like Kaze, who has 4 base luck and 20% growths after class growths. (Arthur only has 10% in Fighter, but if you cared that much Cavalier gives him 20%.)

Axes happen to be a lot better than other weapons at going up in quality, but that's for Iron to Steel and Steel to Silver, not Bronze to Iron. If you allow forges a forged Bronze Axe costs exactly the same as an equal damage Iron Axe, and is more accurate besides. (At the cost of not being able to trigger offensive specials or crit. Which are useful, don't get me wrong, but I'm meming Odin with a Bronze Sword because you don't always need them.)

Not that much better, and you still have to grapple with accuracy issues because they're axes, and thus inaccurate. Besides, this is Fates we're talking about, which likes to fuck the player over and wants to see them go down in flames. Adding a living, breathing failure condition, needless to say, does NOT help you. Anyhow, personally, I find the forging system tedious and practically unusable without online.

It's a lot easier to feed Arthur exp than other people exp, because he's 3HKOd rather than 2HKOd on enemy phase. Even if we limit him to 100% to get crit you can still play him like Elise with his hand axe. (That is, someone who really wants to be close to the front lines (to Lily's Poise for her, to hand axe for him) while being OHKOd all the time.)

DhXXJaY.png

This asshat, this generic asshat is in chapter 8, right after Chapter 7, when Elise joins.

He OHKOs Elise until she's level 16 or so. Practically speaking it's a lot better than that, of course, thanks to all the -damage skills you can stack, but it's faster to go from 3HKOd to 4HKOd than 2HKOd to 3HKOd, so the more -damage you stack the easier it is to give Arthur combat exp.

I wouldn't send a fighter to do an archer's job - not in this game, anyway; they'd likely whiff and accomplish nothing but taking up a space I could've had a better unit attack from.

The same can apply to other units, but of course, none of the other guys have the chance of instantly exploding into a bloody mess of organs and bones that Arthur does.

Edited by Shadow Mir

53 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Oh, I think I see the problem - you used Arthur as your guinea pig. His personal skill even eats into crit evade bonuses you get from stuff like pair up, hence why even after pair up, he still ends up having a big fat goose egg for crit evade in most situations.

His Prf is pretty straightforward, -5 dodge.

You just can't go into the negatives, is all. (That is, having negative dodge doesn't give the enemy extra crit chance, or else his -15 2 range dodge would be ridiculous.)

6ojlbTE.png

Arthur with a tonic, 5 luck exactly. (He has 0 dodge right now.)

9dFDGFg.png  R7sFgON.png

0 dodge vs. 4% crit. So 4% odds to get crit.

a55AUdv.png

Silas pair-up. 2 dodge from 5/2.5 dodge. (No idea why it works like this, it's not supposed to according to this page. It should be 0% chance to get crit right now.)

QtLbOfZ.png

Corrin Pair-up gives 2 luck. This is the bit that's weird. 12 skill should've been 4% crit exactly. (12 - 4)/2 = 4%.

uq0R90s.png

Jakob gives 3 luck, so you see the crit chance drop another 1% like expected.

The main issue is that Corrin's 2 luck didn't give 2 less chance to get crit, and it doesn't look like a rounding thing either, since the spear guy had exactly 12 skill, rather than, say, 13, which would've given him 4.25% and accounted for the extra 1% before we get Arthur enough to have negative chance to get crit.

17 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

His Prf is pretty straightforward, -5 dodge.

You just can't go into the negatives, is all. (That is, having negative dodge doesn't give the enemy extra crit chance, or else his -15 2 range dodge would be ridiculous.)

6ojlbTE.png

Arthur with a tonic, 5 luck exactly. (He has 0 dodge right now.)

9dFDGFg.png  R7sFgON.png

0 dodge vs. 4% crit. So 4% odds to get crit.

a55AUdv.png

Silas pair-up. 2 dodge from 5/2.5 dodge. (No idea why it works like this, it's not supposed to according to this page. It should be 0% chance to get crit right now.)

QtLbOfZ.png

Corrin Pair-up gives 2 luck. This is the bit that's weird. 12 skill should've been 4% crit exactly. (12 - 4)/2 = 4%.

uq0R90s.png

Jakob gives 3 luck, so you see the crit chance drop another 1% like expected.

The main issue is that Corrin's 2 luck didn't give 2 less chance to get crit, and it doesn't look like a rounding thing either, since the spear guy had exactly 12 skill, rather than, say, 13, which would've given him 4.25% and accounted for the extra 1% before we get Arthur enough to have negative chance to get crit.

I already filled in what you're missing - crit evade in this game is only half of your luck stat. In that first screenshot, Arthur has -2 crit evade (granted, it doesn't go into the negatives, but regardless, he's in the hole, and thus before he can actually have crit evade, he needs to get out of the hole). Well, that, and like I said earlier, the crit evade dropping effect of his personal even cuts into bonus souces of crit evade, hence why he still faces crit chances despite pair up.

31 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

I already filled in what you're missing - crit evade in this game is only half of your luck stat. In that first screenshot, Arthur has -2 crit evade (granted, it doesn't go into the negatives, but regardless, he's in the hole, and thus before he can actually have crit evade, he needs to get out of the hole). Well, that, and like I said earlier, the crit evade dropping effect of his personal even cuts into bonus souces of crit evade, hence why he still faces crit chances despite pair up.

Huh, weird.

Also that means the 5 dodge from pair-up isn't reduced from being next to people, which is also odd.

Yeah I didn't actually know where to put this, since I didn't see a let's play sub-sub-forum when I went to the Conquest sub-forum. (Although I did find the let's play forum in general, later, lul.) Thanks.

In other news, Reset Count: 3.

Crashed twice doing this chapter, the 2nd time was especially aggravating since it literally crashed right after I took the chapter complete screen. (I'm not sure what I did to cause the crash this time, although both times happened while my DS was plugged in and charging, and the first time was while I was messing with the charging cord.)

I'll just redo it later, though, but might be a while since there's a decent chance I'll be pretty busy this week. (The lead in was high-rolled like hell since Odin managed to cook bread that was +1 Spd, +1 Def for females---stacking with the +1 def bread normally gives---and he hit all 3 relevant females + Mozu.)

But I'll re-do that part as well, since me being an idiot meant, after I crashed the first time, I deleted all the images I saved up and forgot the fact that I saved after I did all my prep work, meaning I lost those screens.

Edit:

sOsa4wX.png

All of my hate. All of it.

(And you should add like 10 turns to this for fairness, since me playing it through twice meant the second time was a lot more aggressive thanks to me knowing exactly what reinforcements were coming and their placements---I remembered there were reinforcements going in, just not how much resources I needed to spend to deal with them.)

Slow as molasses gaming, lul.

Edited by DehNutCase

4 hours ago, Johnnie said:

We get it, you hate Arthur and axes. You've been beating this horse for 3 years now and I seem to remember you doing the same with Vaike before then.

It's dead. Let it rest.

Bold: Well, I don't. Maybe because Vaike is in Awakening, where almost anyone can be worked with without much trouble, at least outside of Lunatic. Besides that, Vaike didn't suffer from a weakness that's even more damning than a Stealth Rock weakness.

Edited by Shadow Mir

On 3/17/2019 at 3:18 AM, DehNutCase said:

dBAdvh7.png

If your name isn't Karel*, I'm not willing to go through this shit for you. This is after a +2 Str, +2 Def pair-up from Silas. Edit: Derp, that's not Silas, that's Elise. She'll probably survive & actually do damage if it's Silas.

Trying to use a trainee in Lunatic, I would not envy that madman.

It's an interesting run in all fairness, even skimming gives me a better appreciation of things that can be done to play around Fates's differences. I mean, I was already on side with switching Odin to Samurai as an idea to improve him, but I didn't think it was that much of a difference.

I did Samurai Odin on my Hoshidan classes run. He turns into Ryoma by endgame with Heartseeker and a critical bonus on a forged Killing Edge.

I prefer to keep him in Dark Mage since he facetanks better through the mid-game but Samurai is more viable for endgame.

Chapter 9:

Reset Count: 3

DS crashed twice on me while doing this chapter, both times near the end. (The 2nd time was technically after the end, since I took the Chapter end screenshot. And then it crashed.) I lost my prep-work screenshots because I was a dumbass, too, so I redid the my castle screenshots.

Pre-map Planning:

b7oDijr.png

Honestly, if the game gave me a reason (other than saving some turns), to do the 'sneaky' route, I might actually do it. Like, I wouldn't mind missing an entire map's worth of exp (minus maybe a level or two from the things I absolutely had to kill), for something like an energy drop.

Anyway, Chapter 9 is more or less the obligatory 'stealth' map that you get once in a while in FE, giving you a pair of options to skip past the mobs at the entrance by breaking the rocks either at the top or bottom of the map. Nyx is next to one of those breakable rocks, and she tells you about them, but there's another one on the opposite side of the map, giving the main 'cave' a total of three entrances.

There's also a dragon vein that sets everyone in a pretty huge AoE to 1 hp, which is useful if your team doesn't quite have the damage to KO the reinforcements that pop up. But IRRC it hurts your team as well (so if you want to be in the middle of the map you need everyone paired up to be able to swap to the full hp back-line and continue fighting), which makes it more trouble than its worth since you're basically missing half your unit-turns if you do that---unless your team is so bad that they're 3RKOing people*, it's not really worth bothering with. You can do some fun stuff with Vantage Jakob (he's the only one who can practically get Vantage & a 1-2 range weapon at this point, unless you have a Levin Sword from battle points or something), but Vantage Jakob doesn't exactly need levels to carry you through the early game---he gets 10 damage from L&D and then another 5 from Swordfaire if you happen to use a sword---so there's no need to feed an entire map to him unless you want him to carry your ass right this second.

*Pretty sure it's not actually possible for your team to be that bad, incidentally, considering people who aren't Mozu have actual bases.

I tend to prefer to keep my entire team together if at all possible to minimize RNG screwage and to allow me to recover from mis-plays, so I'll just be going through the front door after grabbing Nyx. Azura only joins the map until it's almost done, since basically the entire map is between her and the team, but you do get to join up with her before the reinforcements come in. (You can also use the rescue staff in the chest to join up with her, but I horde rare staves like rescue for ages---so much so that I can probably sell them the moment I get them and not feel any real difference.)

Since the team will be together for the whole map, there's really not much to say about the map (enemy levels are still fairly low, although they have some new tricks in random magical damage where you don't expect them). The healer has a enfeeble staff, which is a lot nicer on enemies than on you (since they don't pay an arm and leg to buy them from the shop), but we're still in the part of the game where you can just wait out staff charges by tapping end turn a few times, assuming you don't care too much about turn counts.

Objectives: Azura not dying, Nyx, 3000g that a mook's carrying, Rescue Staff, and back fill some more exp for the 2nd stringers.

The mook levels are now 7 and 8 rather than 6 all around, so even my A-team gets pretty decent exp, but Niles and Jakob don't really need anymore levels (Jakob's incredibly blessed, and Niles... doesn't change much for chapter 10 unless you stuff stupid amounts of exp into him), and Corrin's averages are good enough that she's fine already. Odin is already on Corrin level on everything except Str, so he's fine too. (But he's a tad behind in levels, even if he's caught up in stats, so I stuff him with a pair of levels anyway.)

My Castle Stuff:

gG7chLf.png  1h32GGj.png

Prep's a bit different because of this. Not much since she's not actually a combat unit, but it does give me like, an extra 5% chance not to have to instantly reset if I do something stupid with her. (Although I'd still get a moral reset.)

xfa0009.png

Usually I don't screenshot stuff I pick up off the ground, but even 5 use staves are a nice chunk of change. I give it to Elise immediately.

QhXf5nQ.png  VrxxcY2.png

Lottery was about the same as the 'erased' run. (I think I got a sapphire that time.) But kitchen is only a 'good' roll rather than the outrageous high-roll of Odin's cooking.

NFdJ6HL.png  oMwF4uq.png

Pretty good targets, but then, it's hard to have bad targets for Def and Spd, even if the Spd is males only.

1IZzjas.png

We don't have enough deployment slots for everyone, so Mozu's benched. (She turns into a Niles with better accuracy, 5 or so less speed, and way worse bulk if you cram like 8 levels into her*, but that's like 4 levels you could've given someone else who has actual bases. And that's only in the 'average' case. If she low-rolls then you're going to be feeling pretty bad.)

*Assuming you class change her into Archer rather than trying to make a unit that's OHKOd half the time front-line.

We already have Elise and Nyx if we wanted squishy ass damage dealers, anyway.

9H6RtT5.png

I have a habit of forgetting about Azura and getting her ass KOd by the samurai, so I make sure to move her first everyone turn until she opens the chest for her Naginata and kills the Samurai. (I think you can save the chest key for later chapters if you don't use it here, but don't quote me on that. And I'm too lazy to bother even if that works, anyway.)

z8KceMn.png

Getting some freebie Archer KOs while I go grab Nyx. You don't need to do this---10 units is enough to KO everyone in the front entrance after you bait them forward with someone sturdy, but I'm taking it slow anyway so why not.

HHb6Ejz.png

*Solid Snake Noises*

ftp8DsT.png

Got Nyx, who comes with a bronze tome and a steel tome. (Not a fan of steel tomes, Odin's pretty much the only one with respectable accuracy with them this early, unless you decide to be silly and walk Nyx into melee range for Heartseeker.)

She has 1 base defense outside her class bases, in case you're actually thinking of doing that.

jC2sjod.png

Without Odin to spot for him Niles' accuracy is pretty dodgy hence why this guy is still alive right now, but if you cared enough you can forge a Bronze Bow for +10 hit. (If you're forging Bronzes past +2 you're not forging them for E-rank hell anymore, they're just more accurate Irons that can't crit or trigger offensive skills and happen to give you 20 Luck*---and a lot of units don't really need offensive skills to murder people.)

*+4 is the soft-cap, though. +5 and above only give 1 MT a level, and the exponential price increases are smacking you pretty hard at that point anyway. I've also been undervaluing them a bit since apparently one Luck only gives half a dodge. Which also means Sorcerers have an invisible 10 Luck since they get +5 dodge as a class passive---the Dark Mage line is pretty sweet as long as you ignore the Dark Mage part of it like Leo does.

4FD9Pzc.png

This tile is why you can bait archers like this, incidentally. It's waste rather than regular plains or whatever, meaning land units have a hell of a time trying to cross it.

3v3PCtL.png

*More Solid Snake Noises*

XaLuwkB.png

There's nothing like stale bread to get you through the day. (Jakob being in a 2nd tier class means that he actually has a good hp pool for the 20% heal weapons you can randomly pick off the ground or get via battle/visitor points.) This is half a vulnerary right here, and doesn't even cost a turn.

TFr1M3x.png

The Spear Fighters don't like to aggro unless two of them can hit you at once, so here's me being in range of exactly two of them.

HjwJdFX.png   fAkuQLc.png

This chest is the worst, incidentally. Azura doesn't auto-equip the Naginata even though she has no weapons. At least the map is polite enough to not force you to stand above the chest in order to be out of the patrolling Samurai's range.

EQEPdXg.png

Bread for the bread god.

klNQX4C.png

Getting Nyx some exp so I can get her to level 10.

ifucj2u.png

Fishing for extra exp again by using an inaccurate bow.

cjJtTrx.png

And I put my free 5 use staff to use immediately. Which gets Elise a level.

TBzkZuP.png  i5IuDZX.png

She's not really lying. But she's also not telling you about the part that it's pretty likely for you to see like 15 of these Elise levels in one playthrough. (Not that you should mind, Luck gives accuracy, and her high Spd and Mag means that you can get away with forged bronze tomes pretty easily to fix her low skill.)

iTQcT5a.png  jpBY3wM.png

Hate that chest, so much.

jqMGJor.png

Pretty sure Azura's 2HKOd if she's level 1 (or had bad level ups), so if she is you should probably just spam end turn and use a Vulnerary whenever she's hurt to kill this guy safely.

b8FDyvL.png  lQQV8I6.png

Very Azura level, everything except the two most important stats for a unit you don't want to randomly explode. (Hp and Def.) She actually has pretty amazing growths in everything except the two stats that matter. Her personal growths are: 25/15 for Hp and Def, and Songstress adds exactly 0 to both.

Yeah...

nsC2Byx.png

It's so nice when Odin's the one baiting things.

jYEfrCQ.png

Even Niles has actual hit rates. (Although I should mention that part of this is the free +10% hit you get from standing next to people.)

mY2EQz7.png

Should subtract 3 damage, incidentally. Effie's Prf skill is on right now, but her Str isn't really high enough yet for it to be consistent on anyone other than Samurai.

kXV6UUs.png  NgThxie.png

Speed please. Effie rarely turns out badly no matter which way her growths go, but I tend to drop her eventually unless she high-rolls speed growths.

8LWj2wV.png

Here's me chugging a vulnerary rather than going for the 94% hit odds to finish the Samurai.

Y6PoFcK.png  2Vu0SfH.png

I'm in no rush, so I just sit here to bait out Enfeeble uses.

s88j7XD.png  RpYHYvi.png

That said, the enemy stats aren't really high enough for me to worry that much, so I start working on the 3 archers while I wait. It also confirms that healer prefer to debuff people in combat range, since Jakob has pretty high Luck and Res right now and Silas and Effie don't.

jfwpoEb.png

Azura finished the Samurai on EP, so I start walking her down again.

ZxIbsXD.png

The enfeeble meant Jakob couldn't ORKO, but Niles can---even if he misses, he can tank two rounds of combat on enemy phase since his Shield Gauge would be full, meaning he's safe as long as I heal him.

vppVLCA.png

He didn't miss.

FoD1R9A.png

Free Vulneraries are so nice.

hDjaicM.png  r8Nz3r1.png

And here's where Azura will sit until the team gets close enough to join her. Also note how everyone's going through the bottom. It's just so much more relaxing to clear the middle of the map then grab the Rescue staff, since that way I don't have to deal with separating my team into halves or walking all the way around.

ncuUI41.png 

Staff uses are gone at this point, and all but the last archer.

lbmuRWz.png  YJqZp8U.png

Who is a Shining Bow asshole, incidentally. With actual Mag too. Next to him is a normal mook archer on the map. Ignore the extra 4 def, though, that's from the boss's Rally.

utS41Ue.png  NWqs59F.png

Murdered him with fire on my turn, before getting a free tap in with Jakob for exp & Stale Bread healing---even if it's only 1 hp.

eEQkKg0.png  5aUcMWX.png

I then use Elise to trade swap his weapon so he isn't fighting with bread. Both the stairs and the spot where Jakob is standing can only be attacked by one melee + the archer, whereas the other open spot next to Elise can be hit by 2 melee + the archer.

vHDaQOy.png

This was Jakob crit-killing half of a lancer pair-up.

JUzY6Mu.png

Using the steel tome for the 6% chance of bonus Odin exp, lul.

9aaTY62.png  vpof6Xk.png

Attacking with bread gives Jakob his hp back, and B rank daggers.

Daggers and Swords get +1 damage per weapon rank, so this is basically another point of Str. (So if your unit is Tier 2 and you have an arms scroll, feel free to just use them rather than selling. It's about half a energy drop anyway.)

WE5QHpQ.png

I actually mess up here, note how Nyx is in the 'hit by two people spot' rather than Odin. I forgot I wanted him more forward if I was going to do this.

2bC6GAN.png

Fortunately I had enough turns left to fix things, making Arthur get Effie out of the Odin pair-up and then swapping her to the front, and also giving Nyx Silas to stop Attack Stance.

uznqJy5.png  MS4T4vY.png

And Nyx gets this level which is basically irrelevant for Chapter 10, I believe---aside from the access to promotion. Hp and Def are the main stats for that chapter, unless you get such outrageous amounts of Atk or Spd that you either OHKO ninjas or manage to double them despite the +2 speed from Shuriken. That's probably why a lot of people like Capturing the boss of this chapter for his Rally Def. (Personally I'm too lazy to use rallies.)

ZnD82ez.png

WTA is pretty nice for people with shaky hit.

0MFXZHM.png  tKbD9fB.png

Speaking of getting Def for chapter 10. (It's pretty damn lucky that Niles got 2 Def at this point.)

aCU6O3f.png

On the other hand, weapon triangle disadvantage means pretty much jack all if you have high skill, high luck, and a Bronze Sword. But note how Odin's damage would've been a piddly 5 if he didn't have 2 forges on that sword. (If he low-rolls his Atk growths, don't meme with a Bronze. We don't have +4 forges available yet, so just forge him a +2 Iron.)

vtqKVfI.png  ssWvh62.png

Just like 6 stats is only slightly above average for Odin, this is also only slightly below average. (It's actually quite a bit more likely than 6 stat level ups.) It's a bit troublesome to use Odin if he low-rolls his first few levels---his growths will fix him eventually, but he won't be quite as reliable in Chapter 10.

This is even more of an issue in Dark Mage where he doesn't have good bases to fall back on. Forging Nosferatu is also expensive as hell, if you were planning to use that but he low-rolled Mag.

IkHuDjB.png

Doop. Jakob gets a lot more use of this early on than Odin, since he can be Master of Arms for hand axe or javelin, and if you fuck up using this Odin might just explode. (Like, say, if you left an enemy in OHKO range, Odin below half, but the enemy is pair'd-up meaning they just swap to the healthy side and smack Odin for possibly lethal.)

zFZ5v3S.png

Do not get used to this picture. Jakob's not supposed to be nearly this fast, ordinarily.

987FjQf.png  wnIhaXB.png

And we kill the money pinata here. (I think this guy having 3k gold is to make sure the player definitely has some money to spend on things like tonics or whatnot for chapter 10, in case they didn't get a lot of money in Chapter 8 or they used it all already.)

cFqiZDX.png

And here's the last use of the free staff I found.

NcoaIYS.png

Didn't mean to put Arthur there---I did a lazy swap separate chain that ended up with him over there---so I walked Odin next to him to trade swap his weapon into bronze and pair'd Odin up.

c7DFad6.png  kC2koGL.png

And he gets this pretty nice level. A point of Def would be nice, though.

That said, 9 or 10 Def is pretty much already good enough* for Chapter 10, and Arthur has 9 Def at base.

*You just have to chug Vulneraries like crazy, IRRC.

OQYC89w.png

Using Setsuna's to fish for extra exp again.

IUGadae.png  ULKAOu7.png

All the mooks in the middle are dead, so I have my team like this to spawn the reinforcements. Which are, as you can see, 2 Samurai bottom left, 4 Spear Fighters top, and 3 archers right.

aSduyVT.png

It's a bad day to be on the axe side of the triangle when Odin's around.

OdQle7w.png

I move Jakob now so that he's not body-blocking the aggro range and making me mess up my positioning.

gQBDF9l.png  3SHcNFl.png

I wouldn't have seen that Odin was in danger range unless I actually counted this squares, but moving Jakob makes it obvious. So I dance Odin and have him pick up another kill.

g2ruWuO.png  Mnpz7Dy.png

Incidentally? Bolt Naginata asshat. I like how enemy units randomly have Mag when they need them.

vnov0Ug.png

All the melee are high-lighted, so Niles is safe from them, and I double checked the Bolt Naginata range, so Effies safe from him. I did miscalculate Niles' Res, though---between all the random -damage buffs on him he was taking 0 damage, meaning the Naginata guy didn't get counter-killed like i planned.

26fONIJ.png  tQwsCFp.png

I hope Spd and Def being mutually exclusive isn't a law or anything, because I'd like a lot of both. (15 Def is more than enough for right now, though, even if her 7 speed means that using a Javelin would mean everyone doubles her.)

She got this level from OHKOing the two samurai (thanks to Puissance) and fighting the Dual Naginata. (Yeah, there's a Dual Naginata in there, too, but Weapon Triangle Advantage damage/hit rate modifiers are based on weapon ranks and nobody has that much right now.)

cO43825.png

Since this guy wasn't counter-killed positioning is a bit annoying. I lead with Jakob to soften him up before Arthur kills him. (Forgot to screenshot that bit.)

QtXko7z.png

+5 Speed Katana (you won't have this unless you have battle/visitor point rewards) to make up for the fact that while Corrin has 16 or so Str already, she doesn't have a lot of speed.

mnZ1CoR.png  b2OZq0v.png

I suppose it comes from the Str asset that she really only wants to hit things.

5xF6bt9.png  ultZ8fq.png

Puissance is barely on right now, hence 3 extra damage. And that's all the reinforcements cleaned up.

yhgjvU7.png  eXiYQBm.png

Azura also did a dance of exp on Corrin, getting another very Azura level. (She's basically Elise in that she'll never have enough levels to not get OHKOd unless you give her stat boosters, although you do want her out of double range, at least.)

CMxcn80.png  3Hw7HEJ.png

Having Niles deal with the only 2 mooks left up top while Azura stabs a defenseless priestess for exp.

C Rank bows is +1 Atk, although B rank is +5 hit instead.

nTwtyWp.png  acdx8XH.png

Silas gets the level from Attack Stancing Azura.

B2vUfJX.png

Doop.

NZyl6Ka.png

The archer killed himself on Niles so Nyx breaks the rock and Niles picks up the Rescue. (Which will go on Elise just in case I do a fuck-up this can fix.)

8tQ3fl9.png

Using Jakob to debuff the boss before Odin goes to town.

hzTN0bC.png  2x1TE6j.png

Honestly, I'd complain, but... WHY DO YOU HAVE 18 SPEED, JAKOB.

I'm pretty sure he can double the paired up Ninjas on Chapter 10 with this much speed.

7e3QAFg.png

Odin doesn't have 100% hit odds if he's alone, by the way (it's 97% instead or something). Also pictured, him being a giant baby about a 100% won fight.

oWpVu3W.png  82YATFy.png

Odin's also crazy blessed, incidentally. 15.3 is his average speed at 11, not to mention his other stuff. Aside from Hp and Str he's basically level 15 right now.

BPnSVGU.png

And I danced him to clear the map. You should really add 15 to the turn-count since this is my 3rd time through.

Epilogue:

SlxUFDT.png  a9fEz1T.png

C ranks with Azura and Arthur for Corrin, as well as an S rank with Jakob. And Jakob also gets a Silas C rank.

yxUmYCd.png

C rank between Niles and Effie.

Since we have children maps unlocked at this point I'll say a little about them, namely, the fact that I won't be doing them for quite a while, if at all. I can do them right now, I have done children maps before Chapter 10 before---which gets Jakob to something stupid like level 18 or even 20ish, meaning he obliterates Chapter 10---but I'm just not going to bother.

If I do end up doing then it'll probably be after all 1st gen units join, and I'd alternate between a Chapter map and a Child map, but as is I don't really need the resources in from those maps. (Since I have a huge stash from Battle/Visit points + path rewards.)

Also, might be a while before Chapter 10. Busy.

Chest keys don't carry over in Fates. Use them or lose them. Same with door keys.

I always go straight through the center on this map. Nos Odin or Effie/Silas with a javelin and Lily's Poise will easily soften up at least one spear fighter and archer while Corrin with Jakob in attack stance can do the same for another spear fighter. Every one else can be cleaned up on turn 2 and you can always burn a Freeze use if needed.

This is also a great chapter for feeding Nos Odin since he makes short work of the archers by Haitaka.

Chapter 10:

Pre-map Planning:

i8r0X5h.png (Ignore the fact Corrin's alone, I deploy everyone I can.)

Honestly, the early game of Conquest feels like it's testing fire emblem basics more than anything else. Ch. 8 was pretty heavy on positioning (to leverage the lake + get to the houses in time without being swarmed), and Chapter 10 is a very strong test of how good you are at judging how many units are needed to do a certain task. That is, your ability to divide the team without giving one team too little resources. (There's no problem with giving a team too much resources, but Chapter 10 is very nicely scaled in that department, so if you don't abuse things like Child Map exp, Battle\Visit Point bonuses, or chug a whole bunch of tonics, you tend to have only slightly more than enough, meaning giving a side too much resources can cause problems in other sides.)

Roughly speaking, the map can be divided into 4 sections, left, middle-left, middle-right, and right. Every unit can be primarily sent to one of those sections, and they can usually help the 1 or 2 sections right next to them if absolutely needed. (That is, units on the left side can help the left-middle and vice versa.) There's a minor thing about right and middle-right where you can't really cross between those two sections unless you have flying mobility, but the left and right sides were deliberately scaled so that you don't really need help as long as you correctly judged how much resources you need to spend there.

It's the middle two sections that're annoying as all hell, since two sides worth of enemies swarm to the middle unless you can cut them off in time, and FE gets exponentially harder the more enemies you have to deal with at once, thanks to RNG and positioning requirements.

Before we start analyzing our units, let's take a quick look at all the asshats on the map. A quick once-over should let you notice that there's exactly one sword user on the map, meaning Axes are amazing here, Swords are so-so, and Lancers are going to be feeling pretty sad.

IV7p1W3.png  L0ImxuD.png

On the left side, we have these steel club jerks, clocking in at 28 hp, 23 Atk (if steel), 9 Speed, 11 Def, and basically negative Res.

1ddNSmu.png  nAUGy7D.png

On the left-middle, Spear fighters with 25 hp, 19 Atk (22 if steel), 11 Speed, 10 Def, and actually extant Res. (Mostly only because Naginatas give +1 Def/+1 Res). Magic still murders them, though.

GofyuvN.png  g6IHKCu.png

Also left-middle, Ninjas with 23 hp, 16 Atk, 16 speed (Steel doesn't make doubling them any easier, so you still need the full 21 Speed to double them), 6 def, and 9 res. Note the Str -3 debuff on the Shuriken---I didn't pay attention so Jakob ended up 1 point short of a 2HKO on these guys. The Def -4/Res - 4 is pretty annoying as well.

ntIJgyp.png  uJQaW7Y.png

Fuck these guys, by the way, their stats fucking lie. The reinforcement waves come with either Quick Draw or Steel, so they're actually around 25 or 24 Atk on initiation. Besides that they aren't anything special, though.

Take it all together and it means any unit with ~16 def naked is indestructible on this map, and you need something like 24 Atk physical or 20 Atk magical to 2HKO people. 15 Speed lets you double most of the map, and 21 speed lets you double ninjas.

4IVtTsb.png  7rVRBFS.png

These guys technically exist, but it's mostly a positioning error on the back-liners if they actually kill any of your guys, thanks to their 15 Atk. Occasionally they'll have Darting Blow to do 2x0 damage rather than 0 damage.

W8lOEes.png  v9vy9uU.png

Pretty high stats, pretty neat skills. Both of them are wrecked so hard by Camilla it's not even funny. (When in doubt, have your Jagen deal with the problem.)

Objectives:

10,000 Gold, Master Seal. Both of these are trivial. Since they're on the left and right sides.

Dual Club, Dracoshield.

Middle-left and Middle-right are way harder, so you'll need to actually push a bit for these two. If you had to pick one I'd suggest the Dracoshield, since you can get the Dual Club from battle/visit points.

If you want to guarantee these just give middle-left and middle-right a bit more resources.

Unit Ratings:

I'll now rate every unit I have access to on this map---this is going to be a quick once-over kind of thing, so don't fret if units seem a tier or so off. It'll also be based on raw stats only, ignoring things like class access, weapon access, or tonics etc.

Tier -1:

One of these guys will solo an entire side by themselves.

There's no one in this tier, incidentally.

Tier 0:

Camilla, Jakob*, Effie.

*He's usually not this high as a Butler, but more on class changes later.

Tier 1:

This will be where your 'main team' usually ends up, two of these guys will manage a side pretty safely.

Corrin. Berkua. Selena.

Tier 2:

This is pretty much most of your team, 4 of these guys can manage a side without problems. Units other than Mozu tend to be this tier with a few level ups.

Odin, Niles, Arthur.

Tier 3:

These are the people you basically gave no exp to because you didn't give a shit about them, do more 'supporty' things because of being staff locked, or have garbage def. Mozu would be around here if she's leveled. Tier 2 and 3 are pretty interchangeable, but if everyone in a side is tier 3 then you'll have huge issues on enemy phase.

Silas. Nyx. Azura. Elise.

Tier 4:

This is the tier Mozu's in if you leveled her a little, but not enough for her to actually do relevant damage.

Tier 5:

Base level Mozu's personal tier.

Mozu.

These tiers are based on the stats the units currently have, hence why Jakob is Tier 0 right now (he's crazy blessed). Also note how you're guaranteed a Tier 0 in Camilla, two Tier 1s in Selena and Beruka, and are pretty likely to have another Tier 0 in Effie. (Her level 10 averages are Tier 0, and her bases are high Tier 1.)

Beyond the bases you can go up in a few ways:

Tonics. Chugging the relevant tonics gives +1 to your tier.

Pair-ups. A relevant pair-up is a +1.

Weapon Access. If you can use a 1-2 range weapon without getting dumpstered (from having to use something like a hand axe and being doubled) then that adds half a tier. Nosferatu adds a full Tier.

Class Changes/Promotions. Jakob and Felicia can class change for a +1, most units promote for a +1, but Dark Mages promote for a +2 if you're going into Dark Knight. (Sorcerer is amazing, but their promotion bonuses are stuff like crit and a bunch of invisible luck---still amazing ass bases, but not nearly as nice as Dark Knight's def for this chapter.)

For example, Camilla with a Selena pair-up would be Tier -1, which means she solos a side. Same for Master of Arms or even Paladin Jakob, because my Jakob happened to be hilariously blessed. (Usually he's Tier 0 as a Paladin.) Dark Knight Nyx goes to Tier 1 from Tier 3, which is main team level. And Dark Mage Odin into either promotion turns into a Tier -1 monster even if he got literally 0 stats on his 5 level ups, I believe.

I decided to divide my team like this:

Left:

Odin, Dark Knight Nyx, Arthur. This is 1 Tier 1 and 2 Tier 2s, which is pretty much exactly enough to handle a side.

Middle-left:

Corrin, Jakob. Beruka once she joins. Tier 1 and Tier 0. Followed by another Tier 1.

Middle-right:

Camilla, Selena. A tier -1 unit, since Selena's just there for the pair-up. They don't exist for 2 turns, so Jakob and Corrin handles the slack at the early turns.

Right:

Silas, Effie. Basically a tier -1 unit, same situation as Camilla, Silas is just there for the pair-up.

Niles and the supporty people stick around near the middle of the map and try to help out, but it's hard to contribute on this map unless you devote yourself to a side.

My Castle Stuff:

hBFqYEF.png  TTzPTP9.png

Low rolls, although getting 2 resources rather than 1 is always nice. (Not that it matters since I visit castles.)

HCJ7A1a.png

TWbk6wt.png  pqDU7PY.png

Luck's not terrible, tonics give 4 luck so it's hard to be happy when you get a Luck roll from the kitchen. Getting a roll at all is still nice, though. (It's pretty weird that I got bonuses 100% of the time, I'm not sure if that's supposed to happen.)

mcrHGzB.png

My room gave me another Elise support rank.

hjMyaQP.png

This is Niles, by the way. Luck is pretty nice since it's more accuracy, but you can always just forge him a bronze bow if you actually cared.

Resource Distribution:

qsBQgXU.png  ycz86eC.png

If you feel like really abusing battle/visit points rather than rushing Ophelia there's a Horse spirit pretty early. I just pick up the Moonlight*, though. (Note how I still had 2 copies in the stash---they're pretty common drops on the ground.)

*It's like Stale Bread in that it heals 20% after combat. Which is low-key amazing, there's a reason Lifetaker is a level 15 skill.

Horse Spirit should be +1.5 tiers, I think.

CNFLJBZ.png  Kth0quk.png

Another bp/vp item. It's a 1-2 range bow that can't counter. (Honestly it's pointless to bother with it, since it doesn't have enough MT to OHKO the pegasi on the map.)

U7jeYs4.png

And I trade Jakob's Iron Dagger for Felicia's Plate, seeing how enemy units have garbage Res on this map. (Fruit knife has the same MT as Iron Dagger, and only 5% less accuracy, so losing Iron Dagger meant pretty much jack all.)

Plate is, again, a bp/vp item.

NcmckcD.png  TuWCGhm.png

Another bp/vp item. Pity it costs 1 def and 1 res to equip. Odin won't be using it much since his Str isn't enough to kill people without using a forge. And even with a forge he's missing 2HKOs on the axe dudes on this map. Hence why he's Tier 2 rather than Tier 1, despite his good bulk.

wpZ4dwX.png  SQUi2Gn.png

Note the 2nd copy in the stash. Peri's is another common drop from the ground (and bp/vp item). It can crit (and has 10% crit), so it actually tends to be better than the javelin.

6mxM5KH.png

Gave Elise the Rescue. (I had another from bp/vp too.)

The Map:

luLKBJ7.png  GtMRRVv.png

Opened with this, thinking it was the 10k village.

ClYAT02.png  21Jhbym.png

Oh well, I paired Nyx with Odin (she wasn't in walking range, but he was), and then moved over to trade it and turn Dark Knight. Gave Effie the Thunder, since Moonlight is only 1 less MT, and if I needed accuracy I'd prefer Fire.

Nyx is pretty nice as a unit, but equal leveled Elise tends to be better at everything. (Elise has worse Skill, but more than enough Luck to make up for the accuracy difference.) The difference is actually so big that a level 10 promoted Elise is only 5 speed behind a level 20 promoted Nyx, and about equal in all other stats. (Barring, again, skill, which Luck doesn't quite make up for any more.)

Basically this is part 1 of the switcharoo those two are going to do. Nyx is going into Dark Knight, going to carry for a bit, and then she'll be going Adventurer (Nyx has Outlaw as her Heart Seal option) to become a high mobility support. And Elise will probably end up in a combat class.

7L5cxWf.png  DITBR8h.png

Danced Nyx so she gets to the left side faster. And I had Niles shoot the lancers on middle-left.

5mfK742.png

End of turn one. Corrin's using the Practice Katana, Jakob's using Felicia's plate. Elise is very carefully not providing the -3 damage buff, since Corrin's only taking 3 damage as it is from the two axe guys in range of her.

c99bD3M.png

Left side: Using Moonlight despite not 100% hit (Fire has 100%) to heal up the 3 hp Nyx got from promoting.

t1RZRqr.png

Right: Effie's holding Peri's right now, which gets her doubled, but her bulk is high enough to handle it even without tonics. She crit-kills one of the archers this enemy phase.

qgC0sqe.png  Y86Nfm7.png

Middle-left & Middle-right:

With the two nearest axe people dead I position Jakob like this to murder some Ninjas, forgetting that the -3 Str debuff meant he doesn't ORKO the second one. (The red zone is also the third axe guy---the one next to the ninja---who I didn't want to risk tanking.) Niles is pretty great at counter-killing ninjas on the ballista tile if you shoot them once, incidentally, as long as you can prevent him from getting his face smashed in by the pegasus flying in and the axes from the right.

Niles is using the 1-2 range bow to bait a Sky Knight. In retrospect I should've positioned Azura in range instead, with Niles and Elise supporting to just ORKO the pegasus. It'll save one of Nile's turns in exchange for using Elise's healing turn, which is a net gain. (If we ignore my miserly, miserly ass when it comes to using things I have to pay for.)

WVJF3zF.png  tiENvxB.png

Left Side: I honestly underestimated how little turns I had to spend here, so these three end up doing nothing for quite a few turns after this. I thought the axe reinforcements would've arrived sooner, but they spawned on like turn 6 or something. This is turn 3.

1Qw0eDO.png

Right Side:

Swapped to Iron Lance so Effie doesn't get doubled. She crit-killed the other one on EP so there wasn't a need to use a 1-2 range weapon this turn.

fxvEIV8.png  YItNq34.png

Middle-left & Middle-right: If you remember from the beginning screenshots, Camilla doesn't quite have the speed to double Hinata with Thunder or Oboro with Steel Axe. Selena's pair-up fixes that easily.

Selena's also a pretty good option to do the whole early promote, carry, support thing, but her 5% mag growth means that her heals will be pretty terrible with just heal staves. Mercenary bases are also already pretty good, so just chugging tonics also does more or less the same thing as a early promotion.

In terms of growths, Nyx's spread is the min-maxed offense spread, but Selena has the 'barely enough at everything' spread. Which is kind of trounced by Camilla's 20% more than needed in everything spread, even ignoring Camilla's 10 level advantage on everyone.

LiE00Rk.png

Camilla's not fast enough to double the Ninjas even with a Selena pair-up. This matters exactly jack all.

dMYxs4X.png

One unfortunate side-effect of having to split the team is the sketchy hit-rates you get. (Even ignoring Odin, there's still the free +10% hit from just standing next to people.) Which sucks because when your team is next to you you have options to recover from bad RNG. Fortunately Niles has 2 shots and OHKOs, so it's still a ~99% ORKO.

anSvUdM.png  2IFNIFy.png

Dancing Camilla got this level for Azura. Speed is pretty much the only stat I care about her having, because I can't really care about Hp and Def when her odds of getting them are so terrible. Enough speed to not get doubled is pretty much all I ask from her level ups.

LQOKZ1z.png  k8RpACp.png

Royalty is so stupid in this game.

Also note the positioning. Camilla's in range to fight Oboro and a Steel Club mook this turn. (None of the Iron Club mooks attack her because she's indestructible.)

GebK2bR.png  cUAv8jK.png

Stale Bread is low key one of the best weapons in the game. Just not for enemy phase, so I trade swap out of it.

eiDokLQ.png 

Broke the wall because Beruka doesn't really care if people hit her. She'd be tier 0 if it wasn't for the fact that Ninjas double her on the left and middle sides, and there are archers to the right.

k8RpACp.png  myMljJq.png

End of Turn 3 positioning. Left side's overkill'd (if I knew I had a ton of turns before more reinforcements spawned I would've had Nyx drive over to use the magic tower once, middle-right is completely pushed out, middle-left is holding, and right side is pushing out.

YW6y3QM.png  QcQHTX4.png

Don't fuck with Camilla. Effie also gets a nice weapon level while fighting mook. Like bows, C rank is +1 attack, B is +5 hit, and A is +1 Atk. (S rank is +1 Atk, +5 hit, but A rank tends to be the max for most classes---it's mostly specialists like Swordmasters or Sorcerers who can get S-rank in their primary.)

cFXqY2M.png

Right Side: Stabby, stabby, stab.

u92O1T4.png  6cdQqCH.png

Only 1/4 of the army, sadly. She can, in fact, take on everything on the map, but they'll mostly just run past her and get you a game over.

Reset Count: 4

My game crashes at this point---pressed too fast after taking a screenshot again---and Effie doesn't manage the crit-kill on the archers, meaning her level's delayed and she took like 9 more damage. Everything else is pretty much the same, though.

LL1ynxR.png

Middle-left: Beruka.jpg

Lily's Poise and Gentilhomme also help.

IPtHhvz.png

Some stragglers are coming up from middle-right, so I separate Corrin & Jakob, dancing Corrin so she can go deal with it. Also heal Beruka to full because the Ninja's are coming in, and the -4 def + doubles can hurt Beruka pretty bad.

zbXpIyz.png

Middle-right: This actually happens before the top part, (as you can see form Azura still having a turn), but Camilla grabs the Dracoshield, securing the most important objective.

MnMkXBM.png

Not sure why I keep using the 1-2 range bow since it doesn't do anything. Niles ORKOs them on PP anyway, and I don't think he has high enough crit to high-roll a pegasus to death with just one hit. End Turn.

zXW7CWr.png  5xUUZpZ.png

I underestimated the damage Effie was going to take. Should've gave her another Vulnerary, or at least a full 3 use one. That said, this by itself isn't really a problem since she can run away pretty safely. (It's the part where I keep Peri's lance on her that gets me a moral reset later.)

vGqU10b.png

Middle-left:

Things are getting spicy. Middle-right is pushed all the way out, but pegasus are still flying in, and the left side has a bunch of people who can smack Beruka for quite a bit if they weren't retarded. (The lance on the village moves first, because he has the debuff skill, meaning Beruka can't be attacked by the ninjas.) This would've meant all the ninjas suicide on Jakob, but he needs Corrin's pair-up to double and his Str is still debuffed from fighting Ninjas earlier, I believe.

End turn.

2brEH1e.png

Left Side: Reinforcements finally arrive on the left side. And they get dismantled immediately. The pair-up would be way more threatening if they were separated, which would force me to actually do a fighting retreat. Note that the most important part of a fighting retreat is having a place to retreat to, so you want to push out in the early turns if you're planning to do that for the last bit of the map.

iFyKWam.png

Middle-right: Niles goes up here to kill the pegasus that flew up.

XKSFAtu.png

Middle-left: This is Beruka after a -6 Def debuff. She's bulky as all hell. (Camilla smacked a Lance to death to get here, I believe, but she smacks a lot of people to death.)

ftucuWW.png  yOMTmww.png

Her Spd bases are pretty low, but she does have 30% growths personally and another 10% from Wyvern Rider, giving her 40% speed growths. Considering her sky high Skill this is basically a near perfect level for her.

KKpfWl6.png

Danced Corrin, and then swapped to Elise to heal Beruka + provide Lily's Poise.

As a minor note on the right side: Effie's running away at this point since the archers are coming in + she only has 1 vulnerary left. But I act like a dumbass and didn't chance her back to Iron Lance, meaning she's doubled on EP. Fortunately she had a speed level up at this point, meaning the steel bow people don't double her, but I really deserved to lose her here, since I didn't bother handing out tonics at the start of map. (She's so hilariously safe if she chugged a def tonic.)

Moral Reset Count: 3

Anyway, I end turn and Takumi uses the dragon vein.

Tw0AGQp.png  nGukC5t.png

Left Side: Nyx easily ORKOs the pair'd up goon. Odin doesn't have enough damage to finish this guy, but he also doesn't take a counter, so Arthur finishes the guy for free.

FcO8BUq.png

Right: Me being a dumbass meant Effie was getting doubled by the Quick Draw Iron Bow archer, so I have to use a rescue staff on her, which means the entire right side crumbles. If I'd devoted a bit more resources then all 4 sides would hold solidly and the last few turns would be more relaxed, cost less (rescues are expensive---there's only 1 left normally and even with bp\vp I only have 3), and you'd get more exp from the map since you can afford to kill more people.

If I knew before the map started that the right side had ~25 Atk rather than ~20 Atk I definitely would've given Effie a defense tonic. (Or sent one more person to that side.)

YR4qTkk.png

Middle-left: Bread for the bread god. 5 hp per attack is so great.

GmmZc4L.png  425T7Wh.png

We shift up our team, and I dance Elise to heal Effie back into combat ready levels. Can't really fix the right side anymore, though, since reinforcements are swarming in + the archers got a hold of the ballista.

Note how pushed out the middle-right is. Camilla left like 2 or 3 turns ago and there's still nothing there. She also ended turn in range of Hinata. (But armored blow means that she won't do enough damage to drop him below half---maybe I should've swapped to Thunder here, though. She takes 0 damage from lances using an Axe, but the weapon triangle means the lances would've tried hitting her if she was using a Tome.)

UP4v3oQ.png  k2U9XLe.png

Disappointing level from healing Effie, but doesn't really matter.

HXMjwqG.png

Middle-Left: Camilla actually fails the ORKO here, but she counter-kills him on enemy phase anyway. (The Pegasi ignore her because she takes like -4 damage from them, even after the weapon triangle.)

4hehfc4.png

End of Turn positioning. I would've preferred to have Odin be the one taking the enemy phase combats on the left side, but this way leaves him at combat ready hp, so it's just as well. I'm running because I don't have enough resources to kill 3 units left side, and ninja + axe guy is a KO.

There wasn't much action this turn because there couldn't be much action. One side crumbling means the closest sides have to pull back to assist, and the fact that we were pushed out meant the enemies have a few turns to chew through before getting to the team. Archers prefer shooting the ballista to suicide, unfortunately, so there's no good way to get them off. (Much better to just keep them off in the first place.)

The danger zone also starts meaning jack all once they get Ballista access, since it counts that as part of the danger zone.

4swxuTx.png  SJDmIy4.png

Arthur gets this pretty nice level, but I probably won't be using him since Beruka joined up at this point.

4IP3wGk.png  RYJmZTf.png

And she got this better level. Don't get used to her getting speed levels like this, though, it's not supposed to happen.

La5dRzy.png

Niles offenses are pretty great at this point, so I ding the spear guy.

GZkz5RU.png 

Picking up a KO with Camilla while I move her up.

32FDvQv.png

It's annoyingly difficult to get Beruka to double people on this map. But normally she's pretty good about getting ORKOs with Attack Stance. (She doesn't need a pair-up since her Def is sky high. Just get Jakob around her if you're worried.)

CucVZlB.png

Not much to do with Nyx so I have her shoot the magic turret.

Db6wG9L.png  Rr2kKoH.png

And dancing Nyx gets another Azura level for Azura. (Honestly I'd prefer if dance gave 0 exp but she had actual hp and def growths.)

XN1prMR.png

End turn screenshot. Middle-left is pushed out, but left, right, and middle-right are pushing in hard.

Vdy5gIU.png

Doop.

2ADv7nL.png

Effie's also pretty great on the left sides, in case you were wondering. She pretty much always has her personal on against Ninjas, so it's easy OHKOs all around. (And they won't even try to debuff her if she has 16 Def, IRRC, which is awfully stupid of them.)

T7L0tui.png

Beruka grabs the dual club. She's in range to get doubled by that ninja pair up, but she's also Beruka.

vFsra1Y.png

Have to freeze this guy or else Niles is dog-piled to death.

Missed a bunch of screens around here but tl;dr is that there used to be a pair'd up Sky Knight to the left of Camilla, and I didn't want Camilla shot by the archer so Corrin mowed him down using Nohrian Blade. (For the +3 def.) Niles got here by running into a pair-up with Nyx.

4S3O69Y.png

End turn screenshot.

Left side isn't really a factor anymore, since Effie can't reach anyone to kill for exp, and Beruka easily flies away from any combats. Just need to make sure nobody dies + we don't get game over'd. Note how Odin transferred Arthur to Azura so she doesn't get destroyed by an Attack Stance. Not sure if there's one available, but the Sky Knight pair-up can definitely reach her. They go for the win, though.

WH3nW8Y.png  PHF8oJL.png

An unfortunately sketchy KO by Niles, considering our back is literally 1 square from the wall. Although Odin's finish was typical Odin performance.

oPyd3hg.png  JxkJlXP.png

Corrin mows down half a axe mook pair-up for this pretty great level. Spd and Def (and Res) are basically the important stats at this point, considering her 17 Str. Hp sort of matters, but Conquest likes tossing Hexing Rods everywhere + Hp tonics give 5 hp.

NlmVoHS.png

I heal her like this so that Camilla can't get shot and Jakob and Corrin are both near full hp. (Remember Jakob has Live to Serve thanks to being secretly level 32 or whatever.)

WzlDtlh.png  oTFWRKZ.png

Would've gotten a few more levels if the right side didn't crumple---note the 11 non-Takumi people alive. + I had to use a Rescue, but all that's left is Corrin crit-killing some mooks before we see the Victory Screen.

p657qfM.png

Would be pretty easy to save the rescue staff use + get more exp, since literally all it'd take is me swapping Nyx's Vulnerary to Effie + a Def Tonic, but not going to bother.

Epilogue:

3aw0oN2.png  FL69RyE.png

Silas C with Effie---which may or may not matter, depending on whether Effie keeps getting speed. And Odin C with Nyx. (Definitely matters, she's one of the best Mag pair-ups, and even in Samurai Odin likes magic. Levin Sword kills his avoid, though, so be careful if you're using it.)

rrmXEdg.png

Selena + Camilla is a pretty good support, pair-up bonuses are decent and Wyvern and Mercenary are both very good trees. Wyvern has better bases in that it's flying, but Mercenary gives 2 breaker skills, which are the faire skills of Conquest.