My Idea for an FE Fighting Game Roster

So, title speaks for itself. I would call this theoretical FE fighter FE Clash!, with the roster spanning every Fire Emblem game. Note that this may be updated once Three Houses comes out.

What I thought would be a 3D two-fighter team fighter (like Tekken Tag Team or something), as a reference to the pair-up mechanic.

Here’s how representation of each game works:

-Lord character, obviously.

-Major playable character in the story. If there is a second Lord, they will take this spot.

-Villain.

-For DLC, just any character from the game that is popular enough and can diversify the roster in terms of weapons.

*This setup is the basis for each set of reps, but it will not always be just three characters per game. You’ll see later

Anyways, here is the roster. I might talk about how each fighter will differ from each other later.

Archanean Saga

Spoiler

-Shadow Dragon:

• Marth (Sword Infantry)
  • Caeda (Lance Flier)
  • Minverva (Axe Flier [DLC])

-Mystery of the Emblem:

• Tiki (Dragon)
  • Hardin (Lance Armor)
  • Clarisse (Bow Infantry with Legion Assist [DLC])

Shadows of Valentia

Spoiler

-Alm (Sword/Bow Infantry)

-Celica (Sword/Magic Infantry {Uses Anima and Light magic})

-Berkut (Lance Cavalier)

-Mae (Magic Infantry [DLC] {Uses Anima and Light magic})

Genealogy of the Holy War

Spoiler

-Sigurd (Sword Cavalier)

-Arvis (Magic Infantry {Uses Fire Magic})

-Seliph (Sword Infantry)

-Julia (Magic/Staff Infantry {Uses Light magic, as well as Warp and Berserk Staves})

-Ishtar (Magic Infantry [DLC] {Uses Thunder Magic})

Thracia 776:

Spoiler

-Leif (Sword Infantry)

-Nanna (Sword/Staff Infantry {Uses Ward and Silence Staves})

-Reinhardt (Magic Cavalry {Uses Thunder Magic})

-Osian (Axe Infantry [DLC])

Binding Blade:

Spoiler

-Roy (Sword Infantry)

-Lilina (Magic Infantry {Uses Anima magic)

-Zephiel (Sword Armor)

-Gonzales (Axe Infantry [DLC])

Blazing Blade:

Spoiler

-Lyn (Sword/Bow Infantry)

-Hector (Axe Armor)

-Jaffar (Dagger Infantry)

-Eliwood (Sword/Lance Cavalry [DLC])

Sacred Stones:

Spoiler

-Ephraim (Lance Infantry)

-Eirika (Sword Infantry)

-Lyon (Magic Infantry {Uses Dark Magic})

-Innes (Bow Infantry [DLC])

Tellius Duology:

Spoiler

-Path of Radiance:

• Ike (Sword/Axe Infantry)
  • Elincia (Sword Flier)
  • Black Knight (Sword Armor)

-Radiant Dawn:

• Micaiah (Magic/Staff Infantry {Uses Light Magic, as well as the Sleep Staff and Matrona (for combat purposes)})
  • Sothe (Dagger Infantry)
  • Tibarn (Falcon [DLC])

Awakening:

Spoiler

-Chrom (Sword/Lance Infantry)

-Lucina (Sword/Lance Infantry)

-Robin (Magic/Sword Infantry {Uses Anima Magic})

-Walhart (Axe Cavalry)

-Aversa (Magic Flier {Uses Dark Magic}) [Aversa is meant to be a main villain in the story mode]

-Lissa (Axe/Staff Infantry {Uses Ward and Balmwood Staff} [DLC])

Fates:

Spoiler

-All paths:

• Corrin (Sword/Dragon Infantry)
  • Azura (Lance Infantry)

-Birthright:

• Ryoma (Sword Infantry)
  • Takumi (Bow Infantry)
  • Hinoka (Lance/Bow Flier)

-Conquest:

• Xander (Sword Cavalier)
  • Camilla (Axe/Magic Flier {Uses Anima Magic})
  • Leo (Magic Cavalier {Uses Anima and Dark Magic})

I did reflect on this roster once. The other option is to make a roster from the games released in the West (including Roy, though), and characters from outside of that can be DLC.

Aside from that, how is it?

Switch Walhart for Frederick, Aversa for Gangrel, and Tibarn for Ranulf and I'm cool with this list.

I'm biased for Frederick I admit, but come on, you can't include him in the base FE Warriors roster and then exclude him from another big FE spinoff such as this...

I just think Gangrel is the only decent villain in Awakening, plus he's the first one players meet.

Ranulf plays important roles in both Tellius FE games. Tibarn I'd say is only significant in RD, though you did list him for RD which is fair. I like Ranulf more tho.

Edited by Anacybele

I'd go a simpler route. Make each class a moveset and then make the various characters alternate costumes for that, with dlc to add more classes and/or more character costumes.

Lord - Fast and elegant sword moveset. Covers Marth, Alm, Seliph, Leif, Roy, Chrom, and Lucina

Myrmidon - Swift and aggressive sword moveset. Includes characters such as Ryoma, Lyn, Navarre, Joshua, and Lloyd.

Hero - Sword and axe moveset with a balance of light and heavy attacks, melee, and ranged. Includes characters such as Ike, Edelgard, Ogma, Raven, and Linus.

Halberdier - Balanced lance moveset featuring melee and ranged attacks. Includes characters such as Ephraim, Dmitri, Oboro, Lukas, and Nephenee.

Fighter - Slow but powerful axe moveset featuring melee and ranged attacks. Includes characters such Dorcas, Rinkah, Hawkeye and Barst. 

Archer - Ranged spam moveset. Features characters such as Takumi, Innes, Claude, Louise, and Shinon.

Anima Mage - Includes characters such as Pent, Lute, Soren, Linde, Arvis, Merric, and Lilina.

Dark Mage - Includes characters such as Tharja, Pelleas, and Lyon.

Bishop - Includes characters such as Micaiah, Lucius, and Sephiran.

Spellblade - Includes characters such as Robin, Corrin, and Celica.

Assassin - Includes characters such as Jaffar, Sothe, Volke, and Felicia. 

Flying (Fast) - Includes characters such as Elincia, Caeda, Palla, Catria, Est, Tana, and Cormag. 

Flying (Heavy) - Includes characters such as Minerva, Michalis, Ashnard, Haar, Jill, and Camilla.

Mounted (Fast) - Includes characters such as Camus, Xander, Sigurd, Eliwood, and Eirika.

Mounted (Slow) - Includes characters such as Titania and Frederick.

Mounted (Tome) - Includes characters such as Leo, Elise, Ursula, L'Arachel, and (the) Reinhardt.

Armor - Includes characters such as The Black Knight, Zephiel, and Hector.

I'd do:

Lords:

Spoiler
  1. Marth- Fencer lord, with his Smash tipping finesse brought in again. Ideally with some Binding Shield tossed in- if he guards your attack with perfect timing, he'd leave you bound and vulnerable for a good second or something. 
  2. Alm- One-handed Sword with Bow accents. Scendscale would have to be included obviously.
  3. Celica- Magic with Sword accents, and an HP-loss-for-offense mechanic.
  4. Sigurd- Does not start on a horse, but with lighting speed summons them in for various Sword and Lance attacks. The most horse-oriented lord.
  5. Seliph- Play up his Minor Naga to infuse his Sword game with Light Magic. Limited but present use of horse, less than Sigurd.
  6. Leif- Also would get Light Magic accents due to his Light Brand. But I'd emphasize a less than direct game for him, and possibly some referencing of his Master Knight promotion. Dissidia's Bartz and his approach of stealing moves from everyone would suit Master Knight Leif, being able to use everything but Dark Magic.
  7. Roy- Two-handed Sword user, with fiery accents. And maybe his Smash center of the blade mechanic.
  8. Eliwood- A not very unique lord, blending Roy with Sigurd and tossing in some gimmick is the best I could see.
  9. Lyn- Katana style swordswomanship is unique enough. But she could dual wield Sol and Mani Kattis or even throw in some Bow accents.
  10. Hector- Our big bulky Axe guy, that is all he needs to be.
  11. Eirika- Fencing as a base, but I'd like to use Sieglinde's electricity to make her into a Whip Sword user, the whip being the flowing electrical energy emanating from the sword. Maybe some horse accents. 
  12. Ephraim- Having a Lance is all he needs.
  13. Ike- Two-handed Sword with one hand, plus Axe accents.
  14. Micaiah- Light Magic and Staff + chaotic energies.
  15. Chrom- Sword and Lance being blended together.
  16. Robin- Thunder Magic + more Anima and some Dark. And Levin Sword accents.
  17. Lucina- A cross of Marth, Chrom, and maybe Alm, since spinoffs like throwing her a Bow. Maybe some timespace stuff.
  18. Corrin- *Yawn* Chainsaw Sword and dragonshifting.
  19. *Insert Three Heroes crew*

Villains:

Spoiler
  1. Camus- For Lance Cavalry.
  2. Dark Emperor Hardin- being an armored Lance user.
  3. Arvis- Light my fire.
  4. Ishtar- Shock me baby.
  5. Reinhardt- FOR FEH MEMES!
  6. Zephiel- armored Sword.
  7. Nergal- like the only choice of FE7.
  8. Lyon- summon Formortiis.
  9. Ashnard- flying Sword.
  10. Sephiran- Light & Dark Magics + Staff.
  11. Grima would be easy to make.
  12. Garon, because.

Non-Lords and Non-Villains:

Spoiler
  1. Caeda- For the sake of having a flier. Wing Spear and maybe some Sword accents.
  2. Tiki- For the sake of having a Dragon, ideally with access to all of Fire, Ice, Flying, Mage, and Divine forms.
  3. Somebody from Valentia.
  4. Lewyn- blow me away.
  5. Lilina- because Roy's girl.
  6. L'Arachel for horse Staff & Magic.
  7. Sothe- for a Dagger user.
  8. Ranulf- for a Beast.
  9. Tibarn- for a flying Beast.
  10. Frederick is a horse Axe.
  11. Azura- Lance using refreshing with water accents.
  12. Camilla- the token Nohr sibling.
  13. Takumi- the token Hoshido sibling and somebody who actually specializes in Bows.

Also, I'd add Support Characters. They exist in Pokken Tournament because Pokemon has too many 'mons to make them all playable, but so many deserve at least a little spotlight. Like with Support Pokemon, they'd be put into pairs, which a character can equip for a fight, and each character in a pair gets a single move to support the playable fighter. My Support Sets:

Spoiler
  1. Minerva and Lena. Hauteclere for damage (nonfatal as all Supports would be) and Warp for movement shenanigans.
  2. The Whitewings. A special case Support set using three characters for two different moves. Triangle Attack for damage, and something like a human Iote's Shield for defense.
  3. Silque and Saber. Healer or Invoker + attacker.
  4. Deidre and Brigid. Deirdre drops a Silence use to cripple the enemy, Brigid shoots the enemy with arrows.
  5. Julia and Julius. Julia drops a Naga charge for damage + a buff, Julius brings on the Loptous and a different buff. Each can only be used once per battle, due to how strong they are.
  6. Finn and Nanna. Brave Lance flurry + Runesword (healing the fighter for the damage it deals).
  7. Cecilia and Sophia. Aircalibur or a Staff + Dark Magic.
  8. Nils and Ninian. Nils plays his flute with Ninis's Grace for a defense buff, Ninian brings out an icestorm.
  9. Joshua and Myrrh. Audhulma swings and dragon breath.
  10. Elincia and Soren. A Staff for support and Wind Magic for offense.
  11. Naesala and Leanne. Galdrar support and Raven talon offense.
  12. Cordelia and Tharja. Cordelia just attacks, perhaps linking after dealing a successful hit like a Pair Up Attack, and Tharja debuffs with a hex.
  13. Xander and Leo. Xander attacks, Leo provides some sort of debuffing attack on the enemy.
  14. Ryoma and Hinoka. Ryoma attacks, Hinoka blocks attacks with her Guard Naginata and applies an attack buff.
  15. Elise and Sakura. Elise carries Bifrost for near-death healing, and Sakura brings on the Hexing Rod for a debuff.

Honestly though, FE is much too bloated for a Fighting game without serious cuts. The franchise is just too darned big in character count.

1 hour ago, Etheus said:

I'd go a simpler route. Make each class a moveset and then make the various characters alternate costumes for that, with dlc to add more classes and/or more character costumes.

I'd be down for that.  It's essentially already what Soul Calibur has become lately, at least with regard to how they handle a good portion of story battles and characters.

I feel like it'd be the best way to satisfy a good portion of the fandom.  The only issues I have with the list of potential characters you put forth are there are no Katarina (likely the most major addition to New Mystery of the Emblem) and there's quite a lack of Jugdrali characters.  It's particularly surprising to not see Levin and Ishtar represented.  This is of course assuming the characters you listed are all that'd appear in the base game.

One thing I know for certain is if they made a fighting game, it'd most certainly get a metric ton of DLC.  Especially if it was made by Koei-Tecmo, who have lately shown quite a bit of interest in the franchise.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'd do:

Lords:

Reveal hidden contents
  1. Marth- Fencer lord, with his Smash tipping finesse brought in again. Ideally with some Binding Shield tossed in- if he guards your attack with perfect timing, he'd leave you bound and vulnerable for a good second or something. 
  2. Alm- One-handed Sword with Bow accents. Scendscale would have to be included obviously.
  3. Celica- Magic with Sword accents, and an HP-loss-for-offense mechanic.
  4. Sigurd- Does not start on a horse, but with lighting speed summons them in for various Sword and Lance attacks. The most horse-oriented lord.
  5. Seliph- Play up his Minor Naga to infuse his Sword game with Light Magic. Limited but present use of horse, less than Sigurd.
  6. Leif- Also would get Light Magic accents due to his Light Brand. But I'd emphasize a less than direct game for him, and possibly some referencing of his Master Knight promotion. Dissidia's Bartz and his approach of stealing moves from everyone would suit Master Knight Leif, being able to use everything but Dark Magic.
  7. Roy- Two-handed Sword user, with fiery accents. And maybe his Smash center of the blade mechanic.
  8. Eliwood- A not very unique lord, blending Roy with Sigurd and tossing in some gimmick is the best I could see.
  9. Lyn- Katana style swordswomanship is unique enough. But she could dual wield Sol and Mani Kattis or even throw in some Bow accents.
  10. Hector- Our big bulky Axe guy, that is all he needs to be.
  11. Eirika- Fencing as a base, but I'd like to use Sieglinde's electricity to make her into a Whip Sword user, the whip being the flowing electrical energy emanating from the sword. Maybe some horse accents. 
  12. Ephraim- Having a Lance is all he needs.
  13. Ike- Two-handed Sword with one hand, plus Axe accents.
  14. Micaiah- Light Magic and Staff + chaotic energies.
  15. Chrom- Sword and Lance being blended together.
  16. Robin- Thunder Magic + more Anima and some Dark. And Levin Sword accents.
  17. Lucina- A cross of Marth, Chrom, and maybe Alm, since spinoffs like throwing her a Bow. Maybe some timespace stuff.
  18. Corrin- *Yawn* Chainsaw Sword and dragonshifting.
  19. *Insert Three Heroes crew*

Villains:

Reveal hidden contents
  1. Camus- For Lance Cavalry.
  2. Dark Emperor Hardin- being an armored Lance user.
  3. Arvis- Light my fire.
  4. Ishtar- Shock me baby.
  5. Reinhardt- FOR FEH MEMES!
  6. Zephiel- armored Sword.
  7. Nergal- like the only choice of FE7.
  8. Lyon- summon Formortiis.
  9. Ashnard- flying Sword.
  10. Sephiran- Light & Dark Magics + Staff.
  11. Grima would be easy to make.
  12. Garon, because.

Non-Lords and Non-Villains:

Reveal hidden contents
  1. Caeda- For the sake of having a flier. Wing Spear and maybe some Sword accents.
  2. Tiki- For the sake of having a Dragon, ideally with access to all of Fire, Ice, Flying, Mage, and Divine forms.
  3. Somebody from Valentia.
  4. Lewyn- blow me away.
  5. Lilina- because Roy's girl.
  6. L'Arachel for horse Staff & Magic.
  7. Sothe- for a Dagger user.
  8. Ranulf- for a Beast.
  9. Tibarn- for a flying Beast.
  10. Frederick is a horse Axe.
  11. Azura- Lance using refreshing with water accents.
  12. Camilla- the token Nohr sibling.
  13. Takumi- the token Hoshido sibling and somebody who actually specializes in Bows.

Also, I'd add Support Characters. They exist in Pokken Tournament because Pokemon has too many 'mons to make them all playable, but so many deserve at least a little spotlight. Like with Support Pokemon, they'd be put into pairs, which a character can equip for a fight, and each character in a pair gets a single move to support the playable fighter. My Support Sets:

Reveal hidden contents
  1. Minerva and Lena. Hauteclere for damage (nonfatal as all Supports would be) and Warp for movement shenanigans.
  2. The Whitewings. A special case Support set using three characters for two different moves. Triangle Attack for damage, and something like a human Iote's Shield for defense.
  3. Silque and Saber. Healer or Invoker + attacker.
  4. Deidre and Brigid. Deirdre drops a Silence use to cripple the enemy, Brigid shoots the enemy with arrows.
  5. Julia and Julius. Julia drops a Naga charge for damage + a buff, Julius brings on the Loptous and a different buff. Each can only be used once per battle, due to how strong they are.
  6. Finn and Nanna. Brave Lance flurry + Runesword (healing the fighter for the damage it deals).
  7. Cecilia and Sophia. Aircalibur or a Staff + Dark Magic.
  8. Nils and Ninian. Nils plays his flute with Ninis's Grace for a defense buff, Ninian brings out an icestorm.
  9. Joshua and Myrrh. Audhulma swings and dragon breath.
  10. Elincia and Soren. A Staff for support and Wind Magic for offense.
  11. Naesala and Leanne. Galdrar support and Raven talon offense.
  12. Cordelia and Tharja. Cordelia just attacks, perhaps linking after dealing a successful hit like a Pair Up Attack, and Tharja debuffs with a hex.
  13. Xander and Leo. Xander attacks, Leo provides some sort of debuffing attack on the enemy.
  14. Ryoma and Hinoka. Ryoma attacks, Hinoka blocks attacks with her Guard Naginata and applies an attack buff.
  15. Elise and Sakura. Elise carries Bifrost for near-death healing, and Sakura brings on the Hexing Rod for a debuff.

Honestly though, FE is much too bloated for a Fighting game without serious cuts. The franchise is just too darned big in character count.

>Having Ashnard over the Black Knight

Nice try, but there's no way they wouldn't have the Black Knight

28 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

I'd be down for that.  It's essentially already what Soul Calibur has become lately, at least with regard to how they handle a good portion of story battles and characters.

I feel like it'd be the best way to satisfy a good portion of the fandom.  The only issues I have with the list of potential characters you put forth are there are no Katarina (likely the most major addition to New Mystery of the Emblem) and there's quite a lack of Jugdrali characters.  It's particularly surprising to not see Levin and Ishtar represented.  This is of course assuming the characters you listed are all that'd appear in the base game.

One thing I know for certain is if they made a fighting game, it'd most certainly get a metric ton of DLC.  Especially if it was made by Koei-Tecmo, who have lately shown quite a bit of interest in the franchise.

Characters I gave are merely examples and don't even necessarily include all of what I want to see. Lewyn, for example, is one of my top 5 favorite characters, as is Bastian, and I would really want both to appear in the anima category (but Lewyn would be more likely). 

And to be honest, I was intentionally under representing Shadow Dragon and New Mystery. Because aside from the plot important characters (Marth, Hardin, Gharnef, Medeus, Camus, Minerva, Linde, and Caeda), I don't actually feel like it actually has characters - just portraits with stats, brought up in popularity by being the first of their kind. I'm not sure how important Katarina is myself, but I wouldn't object.

I did notably forget three movesets. The dragon, the beast, and the bird.

Dragon - Tiki, Medeus, Idounn, Nasir, Ena

Beast - Lethe, Ranulf, Selkie, Panne, Nailah

Bird: Tibarn, Naesala

Dragon would probably be core, while beast and bird would probably be dlc.

Edited by Etheus

Okay, so I agree with @Etheus on the simpler route.

Though, I could not see the likes of Corrin and Azura on the list. And Felicia with the rest of these Assassins and the like feels out of place. Jakob is better suited to that playstyle.

Maybe give Corrin, Azura, and Felicia their own movesets.

Also, Dancers category can include Silvia, Lene, Tethys, and Olivia. All of whom wield swords.

Lastly, I would add Saizo, Kaze, and Kagero to the Assassin set.

1 minute ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

Okay, so I agree with @Etheus on the simpler route.

Though, I could not see the likes of Corrin and Azura on the list. And Felicia with the rest of these Assassins and the like feels out of place. Jakob is better suited to that playstyle.

Maybe give Corrin, Azura, and Felicia their own movesets.

Also, Dancers category can include Silvia, Lene, Tethys, and Olivia. All of whom wield swords.

Lastly, I would add Saizo, Kaze, and Kagero to the Assassin set.

Also another note. I was trying to ensure that, where possible, players would at least be able to pick a character of either gender. Thus, Felicia, Kagero, or Heather would be important inclusions for the Assassin. (I would prefer Heather, but Felicia is more popular. I actually forgot about Kagero and I would also prefer her over Felicia).

19 minutes ago, Etheus said:

And to be honest, I was intentionally under representing Shadow Dragon and New Mystery. Because aside from the plot important characters (Marth, Hardin, Gharnef, Medeus, Camus, Minerva, Linde, and Caeda), I don't actually feel like it actually has characters - just portraits with stats, brought up in popularity by being the first of their kind. I'm not sure how important Katarina is myself, but I wouldn't object.

I will say that New Mystery of the Emblem made much more of an impact in terms of character development.  Every other Archanea game, the characters had, at best, a few lines to say during their recruitment.  With New Mystery, even seemingly redundant characters like Radd or Sedgar have at least one support chain.

And I guarantee you there's more to Katarina than the average Archanean character.  I dare say she's more developed than any of the Whitewings even post-Echoes.  If I had to compare her to another character in terms of character development, I'd say she's quite similar to Camus.  Quite honestly one of the most underrated FE characters, which undoubtedly is a direct symptom of the limited audience New Mystery of the Emblem garnered.

Though speaking of characters who are mostly portraits and stats, I would've outright replaced Michalis with Travant in that list if it wasn't just a list of examples.  The former is honestly about as developed as Langobalt, who I would say is essentially just the second fiddle to Reptor, AKA Mr. Evil Monologue Supreme.

36 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Lewyn, for example, is one of my top 5 favorite characters, as is Bastian, and I would really want both to appear in the anima category (but Lewyn would be more likely). 

A couple of my personal favorites are Oifaye and Finn, the Jeigans of Jugdral.  I feel like they'd also be good fits for a FE fighting game.

4 hours ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

-Eliwood (Sword/Lance Cavalry [DLC])

Come on, the blazing blade is the game where Eliwood is the main Lord.       

Why everyone left them behind, most of the story is centred about him (the party goes to save his Dad, and the Ninian (and therefore Nergal) stuff and the blazing blade is his main weapon).

I know I am biased towards him but he deserves more. Throw him a bone or something at the poor guy.

Edited by Silafante

29 minutes ago, Silafante said:

Come on, the blazing blade is the game where Eliwood is the main Lord.       

Why everyone left them behind, most of the story is centred about him (the party goes to save his Dad, and the Ninian (and therefore Nergal) stuff and the blazing blade is his main weapon).

I know I am biased towards him but he deserves more. Throw him a bone or something at the poor guy.

I suppose if I were to revise some things, I would have put Eliwood in the base roster and made Ninian DLC. It was to make it so the roster would not be too big. But the entire roster is going to change anyway.

Edit: Upon further analysis, I agree more with @Interdimensional Observer‘s method.

Edited by Azure in a Roundabout

I would add that instead of a traditional fighter or a Pokken tournament style fighter, I would like to see a For Honor style fighter.

Make it multiplayer, put players in teams of four, and give it a control point/fort capture objective style. Then put AI controlled soldiers on the field to help you hold points. 

i imagine this game like a 2d fighting game, with one playing character and 2 switchable characters, who can do standard support moves, just like DB Fighterz basically

the plot should implement the fact that weapon triangle and effective weapon don't work, so that, say, marth doesn't instantly win against tiki due to falchion's effectiveness (yeah i took a lot of inspiration from DB FighterZ, where every character has the same power as the others)

my ideal roster:

Archanea)

Spoiler

Marth, with fast but quite weak moves, very easy to play but also potentially very combo-based if played at high levels of skill. His peculiarity is a very powerful guard-breaking attack, which has slow start up and cooldown, but is able to break the enemy's guard (if guarding), granting marth some time to act freely (basically his shield breaker move in smash)

--------------------------------------

Shiida, begins the match with a lance and on her pegasus, but she dismounts if she takes too many hits and keeps on using a sword

while on her pegasus, her thrust attacks grant her quite good range and power, but they're quite slow, but when she dismounts her defenses drop and her sword attacks have very poor range and damage while being extremely fast and extreme combo potential (basically glass cannon marth)

the player would be able to start the match already dismounted, if he feels more confortable with the high risk-high reward playstyle

Merric, low hp, but with lots of ranged attacks. Not very combo.based, he focuses on keeping his enemy at distance and annoying him with his various magic attacks, yet he can also make some close range attacks and combos if necessary

Wolf, great mobility and range, being a mounted archer, but he can also use a sword for close range fights. He would have a very slow attack with which he trows arrows at the sky, which then fall on the enemy: if an arrow misses, it will stick on the ground, acting as a terrain trap for the enemy, who takes damage if he touches it

Bord, Cord and Barst, (the player can choose who's the leader, the moveset doesn't change), heavy hitter, low-ish range and good combo potential, the leader is helped with attacks by his carpenter friends (think of how A18 implements A17 in her moveset in DB FighterZ), allowing the player to make quite long combos

Possessed Hardin, insane amount of HP, extremely slow movement and attacks, but great range, basically the powerhouse of the game, very straightforward

Valentia)

Spoiler

Alm, lots of HP, good damage and range yet quite slow, has a unique gauge which allows him to perform a special attack, scendscale, with huge range and great damage, or even a close-ranged more powerful combo, double lion (if the player is skilled enough: the timing would be really strict) by taking damage (basically cloud's limit break).

---------------------------------------

Celica, magic attacks and fast sword slashes, has her own "limit" gauge as well, which allows her to perform Ragnarok Omega (which doesn't do that much damage at first, but keeps damaging the enemy for a while, as if he's being burned), or to gradually heal herself (with a different imput), and the effect goes on even if she's switched (it would stack with the "blue life" mechanic DB FighterZ has)

Berkut, horseback lancer, great and wide-range attacks, and good power, has an attack with very slow startup and cooldown, yet fast while actively attacking, with which he charges with his horse and crosses the whole stage (this attack is also unflinchable while the hitbox is active). if you have to face this attack, you basically can only shield it, but thanks to the slow cooldown of the attack, it's also the best thing to do

Jugdral)

Spoiler

Sigurd, ok damage and range, high hp and mobility, good combo potential, some of his attacks include lance slashes. he has his own "limit gauge", which allows him to not get stunned by enemy hits for a short period of time (partial reference to genealogy's prayer skill). pretty straightforward fighter overall

Deirdre, very frail and slow, her attacks have huge range and power, and can also be charged for more range and power (if you don't charge your attacks enough, some of them won't stun enemies), also has an attack which reflects enemy ranged attacks. she can set up temporary effects, such as character healing (this affects only the character you're actively playing, and continues even if deirdre is switched) or enemy weakening (basically inkling's ink mechanic from smash)

Ayra, low hp, very strong and fast swordfighter, extremely combo-based, requires particularly high skill level to master. you can keep pressing a button when doing some attacks (just like ryu and ken in smash) to do different, more powerful attacks, which have though basically 0 combo potential, thus they're perfect as combo finishers. can potentially kill her enemy with one single, hard, very long combo (reference to astra)

Lewyn, very fast and frail mage, 100% of his attacks are wind magic-based (duh), he can launch fast blade-like wind spells, and he can dodge (something similar to akuma's teleport, resembling his absurd avoid in genealogy). his attack power is not that high, but he relies on neutralizing his opponent by outspeeding them and then leaving with his dodge ability

Arvis, slow and powerful, very low combo potential, he can create slow-moving fireballs to condition the enemie's movement, they also create small nd temporary fire walls when they hit the ground. he has an attack which creates a pillar of flame to block the enemy when he's airborne

Leif, ok attack power and range, great combo potential, he can also shoot light beams from his sword. he would play very different from other fighters: his inputs are much more similar to those of street fighter or tekken, with some very complex imput-based combos which can deal lots of damage (think of 10-input combos from tekken games)

Nanna, sword attacks with low damage and range, she can also cast spells with her staff to apply temporary debuffs on the enemy, such as reducing the enemy's attack power, defenses or movement speed

Elibe)

Spoiler

Roy, good damage and ok range, he can temporary put his sword of seals on fire after some particular attacks, slightly increasing damage and allowing to perform different attacks and longer combos, but the player can also choose to use the whole effect with one single blow who casts a quite big and powerful fire attack (BB ranged attack)

Klein, fast, multihit moves, has a sliding kick attack (similar to cloud's down tilt) which works perfectly as a combo starter, being also quite fast and hard to hit. has good combo potential but very few close range attacks. his limit gauge allows him to shoot a burst of arrows which can temporarily paralyze the enemy, so that wolt's free to start a combo

Zephiel, very bulky, slow and powerful sword armor, low combo potential, but many of his moves can shoot projectiles if charged

Lyn, extremely fast swordfighter but somewhat low damage, 2nd best combo game after ayra, she has a bow attack as a projectile, and a "teleport-like" multihit dash attack (you know, that kind of thing samurais always do in anime, namely goemon ishikawa), with which she can also dodge enemy attacks, since she becomes intangible during this attack (it has quite a long cooldown though)

Hector, very bulky, slow and powerful axe armor, many of his attack generate a shock wave which push enemies back (like dedede's side smash), and his attacks deal quite a lot of shield damage (even though, being slow, they can be outspeeded)

Eliwood, fast sword cavalier, ok damage and good combo potential, his "limit" gauge allows him to use durandal (he'd normally use his rapier) to increase damage, range and combo potential (these effects last a bit longer, his gauge is slower to fill up).

Magvel)

Spoiler

Ephraim, quite tanky, moderately fast with good damage and range infantry lancer, low combo potential, has many thrust attacks to stop approaching enemies. for his dash attack he mounts on his horse to charge the enemy (he's unflinchable while attacking, but has quite a long cooldown). his "limit" gauge lets him to mount and increase his combo potential by changin some of his moves and priorities

Erika, low damage, ok range but very fast attacks and movement, good combo potential, he focuses on few long-ranged thrust attacks to space away from the enemy. when her gauge fill up, she mounts on her horse (just like her twin brother), increasing mobility, damage and defense

Lyon, tanky, slow and powerful mage, he can summon pillars of darkess ,from under the stage, he can create create a mini black hole which works as a trap if the enemy steps on it, slowly his movement (there can only be one for each player on the stage contemporarily). his "limit" gauge allows him to summon a huge pillar of darkness from his palm, which can only be shielded (you can jump on it, but the attack lasts long enough to hit you anyway)

Tellius)

Spoiler

Ike, tanky, good speed, damage, range and combo potential, he can shoot wind projectiles just like in FE9 and 10, his "limit" gauge allows him to use aether to deal heavy damage and heal himself a bit (his gauge charges up slower), pretty solid and straightforward character

Titania, great movement speed, good range an attack power, medium combo potential, she can throw her axe as a projectile, and she can also use her lance to cover more space and stop enemy's approaching attempts. she can activate a temporary counterattack status, during which she can deal little damage to her enemy as she takes damage

Jill, lance fighter on wyvern, good range and damage, great mobility and high hp, good combo potential, some attacks allow her to fly above her enemy, and this lets her make different attacks, mostly fast combo starters, but she takes more damage if she gets hit in this status

Shinon, fast and powerful archer, he can charge shots to temporarily paralyze enemies and start potentially long combos, thanks to his many ranged attacks. his "limit" gauge increases damage and combo potential, or he can choose to empty his gauge faster to create tornado attacks to block the enemy and deal good damage

Ashnard, slow dragon rider, huge hurtbox, range and damage, he can also shoot projectiles, and his combo potential is very low. his "limit" gauge activates his berserk status, during which he starts an automatic combo which deals massive damage, even though he loses some hp during the process

Micaiah, slow and frail light mage, she has some attacks which follow the enemy (imagine palutena's neutral b), her attacks generally deal good damage and cover great range, even thought they're quite slow. her "limit" gauge allows her to heal her allies at the cost of some of her hp (the effect persists even if she is switched), while also decreasing the enemy's defense. she also has a projectile reflector

Black Knight, tanky, fast, powerful sword armor, mediocre combo potential, he can shoot projectiles, and his gauge allows him to unleash Luna and deal absurd damage, but you have to be really close to the enemy to perform this attack. while his gauge is full, his spd slightly increases and some of his moves change priorities, allowing the BK to make longer combos (yes, Luna can be a combo finisher)

Ylisse)

Spoiler

Chrom and Robin, ok speed, good range, great damage and combo potential. just like Bord, Cord and Barst, Robin helps Chrom in his fights, granting him some ranged attacks thanks to robin's magic. his gauge makes robin persistently present, thus becoming part of chrom's hurtbox, but their combo game becomes absurd, as you can perform a long combo (resembling robin's final smash) by mashing A, B, X and Y (your gauge empties only by pressing buttons, so the more you mash, the shorter it lasts, so if you want to make the most out of it, you mustn't mash as if you were crazy)

Vaike, quite tanky, fast and powerful axe user, good combo potential, can throw his axe as a projectile, some of his attacks start a status during which he improves his combo starter attacks and some of his moves become strong combo finisher

Gangrel, short-ish range, ok damage but great combo game, he also has some ranged attacks thanks to his levin sword. some of his moves allow him to bounce around the stage (imagine A17 in DB FighterZ) with which he can annoy his enemy and have different combo starters

Fatesland)

Spoiler

Corrin, good range, ok damage, great combo game, he has a projectile, his gauge allows him to transform into a dragon, increasing damage, defense and range

Azura, fast, good range, low damage and good combo game, many of her combo finisher inflict different statuses on her enemy, such as decreasing attack, defense or speed (depending on the finisher), while other grant her allies buffs once she is switched

Garon, slow axe user, he can make up for the lack of speed thanks to his great range attacks (often including his blob transformation)

DLC (i'm tired so i won't describe thier moveset)

Spoiler

Archanea: Camus, Minerva

Valentia: Mae and Boey, Saber

Jugdral: Ishtar and Mareeta

Elibe: Elphin and Pent

Magvel: Ross and Marisa

Tellius: Ranulf and Astrid

Ylisse: Emmeryn and Lucina

Fatesland: Camilla and Takumi

Edited by Yexin

SD:

Marth, Caeda, Camus, Medeus, and Gharnef(DLC)

Gaiden/Echoes:

Alm, Celica, Berkut, Conrad, Gray, and Mae (DLC)

NM:

Emperor Hardin, Tiki, Nyna, Katarina, Clarisse, and Legion (DLC)

Genealogy:

Sigurd, Arvis, Julius, Seliph, and Ishtar (DLC)

Tharcia776:

Leif, Nanna, Reinhardt,  Raydrik, and Finn (DLC)

Binding Blade:

Roy, Lilina, Zephiel, Idunn, and Gonzales (DLC)

Blazing Blade:

Hector, Eliwood, Lyn, Nergal, and Linus (DLC)

SS:

Eirika, Ephraim, Seth, Lyon, and Innes (DLC)

PoR:

Ike, Soren, Black Knight, Titinia, and Ashnard (DLC)

RD:

Elinica, Micaiah, Sothe, Ashnura, and Sanaki (DLC)

Awakening:

Chrom, Lucina, Grima, M!Robin, F!Robin, and Gangrel (DLC)

Birthright:

Ryoma, Hinoka, Takumi, M!Corrin, and Sakura (DLC)

Conquest:

Xander, Camilla, Leo, F!Corrin, and Sakura (DLC)

Revelations:

Azure, Ananokos, Gunter, Garon, and Lilith (DLC)

I know Garon isn't that important in Rev but I needed to fill that slot.

3Houses(Most Likely):

Edelgard, Dimitri, Claude, M!Byleth, F!Byleth, and So this (DLC)

Edited by Deathcon
Changing stuff.

As for what my ideal roster would be, I would have it be three heroes and one villain per game, as well as two DLC characters per game.

Spoiler

Shadow Dragon:

-Marth

-Caeda

-Tiki

-Gharnef

-Navarre (DLC)

-Camus (DLC)

Shadows of Valentia:

-Alm

-Celica

-Valbar

-Berkut

-Gray (DLC)

-Sonya (DLC)

Mystery of the Emblem:

-Kris

-Katarina

-Minerva

-Dark Emperor Hardin

-Feena (DLC)

-Clarisse (DLC)

Genealogy of the Holy War Gen 1:

-Sigurd

-Ayra

-Lewyn

-Arvis

-Arden (DLC)

-Brigid (DLC)

Genealogy of the Holy War Gen 2:

-Seliph

-Julia

-Ares

-Julius

-Altena (DLC)

-Ishtar (DLC)

Thracia 776:

-Leif

-Finn

-Nanna

-Reinhardt

-Mareeta (DLC)

-Othin (DLC)

Binding Blade:

-Roy

-Lilina

-Fae

-Zephiel

-Echidna (DLC)

-Sue (DLC)

Blazing Sword:

-Eliwood

-Hector

-Lyn

-Nergal

-Nino (DLC)

-Jaffar (DLC)

Sacred Stones:

-Eirika

-Ephraim

-Innes

-Lyon

-Joshua (DLC)

-Myrhh (DLC)

Path of Radiance:

-Ike

-Elincia

-Soren

-Black Knight

-Mia (DLC)

-Nephenee (DLC)

Radiant Dawn:

-Micaiah

-Sothe

-Sanaki

-Sephiran

-Jill (DLC)

-Oliver (DLC)

Awakening:

-Chrom

-Lucina

-Robin

-Aversa

-Tharja (DLC)

-Owain (DLC)

Fates:

-Corrin

-Takumi

-Camilla

-Garon

-Azura (DLC)

-Felicia (DLC)

Misc:

-Anna (DLC)

Thoughts?

2 hours ago, Shin said:

I still have this from the last time the idea came up. Still worth the hour it took to make

Hide contents

d38b326f17c049d68f325f51e23c902a.jpg

Spoiler

So let's see here, we have (from left to right, top to bottom):

• Atlas Shrugged, AKA another one of Ayn Rand's books preaching her shitty philosophy that only rich people actually like.
  • Arden if he fused with a Dragon Ball villain
  • Barter "Muscle Up!" the Brave
  • Blue Oliver
  • Freckle Girl #1 (somehow looks cute in the artwork, but dopey in-game)
  • DS Boi 1
  • Bootleg Arthur
  • That one guy who can't stand the empire, very important character that everyone knows
  • Red Merlinus
  • Genderbent Sue
  • BIRAKU
  • Apparently an eligible waifu???
  • Windex
  • Genderbent Brom
  • IN AMERICA!
  • Oliver gone horribly wrong?
  • Ogre Tactics
  • Not good enough for the actual GOOD Archanea game
  • Shanam- oh wait, Navarre?  Or is it Lon'qu?  A real FIRE EMBLEM MYSTERY YOU GUIS, WOWEE
  • Zyne, Chagall's right hand man and soldier willing to die for his motherland

Overall, I see nothing wrong with this list.  I could see this roster taking the Fire Emblem fighting game and overall the franchise as a whole to new and great heights.  I personally would main Bab Lucy, though Mr. Random Guy from Thracia is a personal favorite of mine.  Or I might just go with a classic, that Batta the Beast bootleg that calls himself "Bartre".

6 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

And I guarantee you there's more to Katarina than the average Archanean character.  I dare say she's more developed than any of the Whitewings even post-Echoes.  If I had to compare her to another character in terms of character development, I'd say she's quite similar to Camus.  Quite honestly one of the most underrated FE characters, which undoubtedly is a direct symptom of the limited audience New Mystery of the Emblem garnered.

So very true, Katarina became one of my favorite FE characters, up there alongside the likes of Nephenee, Cordelia, Mia, Jill, Ophelia, Elincia, Minerva, and others. It is quite sad to see how underappreciated she is and I do wish FE12 got localized because it would have been a better seller than shadow dragon and Katarina wouldn't get shafted in every voting gauntlet she's in in heroes.

So, I decided to modify my original roster, and this is what I came up with:

Shadow Dragon:

Spoiler

Marth (Sword Infantry)

Caeda (Lance Flier)

Camus (Lance Cavalry)

Minerva (Axe Flier w/ Whitewing assists) [DLC]

Shadows of Valentia:

Spoiler

Alm (Sword/Bow Infantry)

Celica (Sword/Anima & Light Magic Infantry)

Lukas (Lance Infantry)

Sonia (Anima Magic Infantry w/ Rewarp)

Berkut (Lance Cavalry) [DLC]

Mystery of the Emblem:

Spoiler

Katarina (Anima Mage w/ Ward and Again Staves (will explain function later))

Tiki (Manakete)

Hardin (Lance Armor)

Clarisse (Bow Infantry w/ Legion assists)

Genealogy of the Holy War:

Spoiler

Sigurd (Sword Cavalry)

Lewyn (Wind Mage Infantry)

Arvis (Fire Mage Infantry)

Seliph (Sword Infantry)

Ishtar (Thunder Mage Infantry)

Julia (Light Mage Infantry) [DLC]

Thracia 776:

Spoiler

Leif (Sword Infantry)

Nanna (Sword Cavalry w/ Sleep and Silence Staves (Will explain later))

Reinhardt (Thunder Mage/Sword Cavalry)

Osian (Axe Infantry) [DLC]

Binding Blade:

Spoiler

Roy (Sword Infantry)

Lilina (Anima Mage Infantry)

Zephiel (Sword Armor)

Gonzales (Axe Infantry) [DLC]

Blazing Blade:

Spoiler

Lyn (Sword/Bow Infantry)

Eliwood (Sword/Lance Cavalry)

Hector (Axe Armor)

Jaffar (Dagger Infantry)

Ninian (Ring Refresher Infantry/Dragon) [DLC]

Sacred Stones:

Spoiler

Eirika (Sword Infantry)

Ephraim (Lance Infantry)

Lyon (Dark Mage Infantry)

Innes (Bow Infantry) [DLC]

Path of Radiance:

Spoiler

Ike (Sword/Axe Infantry)

Soren (Wind Mage Infantry w/ Ashera Staff and Ward Staff)

Ashnard (Sword Flier)

Elincia (Sword Flier) [DLC]

Radiant Dawn:

Spoiler

Micaiah (Light Mage Infantry w/ Matrona and Rescue Staves)

Sothe (Dagger Infantry)

Black Knight (Sword Armor)

Tibarn (Hawk Laguz) [DLC]

Awakening:

Spoiler

Chrom (Sword/Lance Infantry)

Lucina (Sword/Lance Infantry)

Robin (Anima Mage/Sword Infantry)

Frederick (Axe Cavalry)

Grima (Fell Dragon)

Lissa (Axe Infantry w/ Balmwood and Ward Staves) [DLC]

Fates:

Spoiler

Corrin (Sword Infantry/Dragon)

Azura (Lance Refresher Infantry)

Ryoma (Sword Infantry)

Xander (Sword Cavalry)

Takumi (Bow Infantry)

Camilla (Axe/Anima Mage Flier)

Hinoka (Lance/Bow Flier) [DLC]

Leo (Anima/Dark Cavalry) [DLC]

Any answers about rationale and the like, you shall receive.

4 minutes ago, Hero_Lucina said:

Am I like the only one who wants Anthony to show up as the op broken boss you have to extreme lengths to get (as in more broke than gen 1 psychic types and brawl meta knight combined)

Probably. At least on this forum.

this loses points for not being named fighter emblem

I still would support it, but I think I agree with etheus that something larger scale than a traditional fighting game would be necessary, I cannot imagine how to make fliers or shifters work in a meaningful way in any kind of traditional fighting game, not to mention the case of trying to keep at least some fire emblem in this. I think the class based system would be a good idea, but it would somewhat hurt some characters like the black knight who have unique abilities that would stand out more, this could be resolved by giving every character a unique command ability, like when you press X BK warps next to an enemy and attacks, or arden uses pursuit to attack really fast. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm, let me think:

1. Marth
  2. Tiki (Shadow Dragon)
  3. Chrom
  4. Robin
  5. Lucina
  6. Sully
  7. Tharja
  8. Olivia
  9. Cordelia
  10. Fredrick
  11. Vrion
  12. Lon'Qu
  13. Kellam
  14. Corrin
  15. Azura
  16. Felica
  17. Kaze
  18. Ryoma
  19. Hinoka
  20. Takumi
  21. Oboro
  22. Xander
  23. Camillia
  24. Leo
  25. Niles
  26. Walhart
  27. Validar
  28. Garon

DLC Pack #1:

1. Owain
  2. Severa
  3. Basilio
  4. Aversa

DLC Pack #2:

1. Kagero
  2. Effie
  3. Kaiden
  4. Keaton

DLC Pack #3:

1. Byleth
  2. Edleguard
  3. Cladue
  4. Dimitri

2 hours ago, Decerd said:

Hmm, let me think:

1. Marth
  2. Tiki (Shadow Dragon)
  3. Chrom
  4. Robin
  5. Lucina
  6. Sully
  7. Tharja
  8. Olivia
  9. Cordelia
  10. Fredrick
  11. Vrion
  12. Lon'Qu
  13. Kellam
  14. Corrin
  15. Azura
  16. Felica
  17. Kaze
  18. Ryoma
  19. Hinoka
  20. Takumi
  21. Oboro
  22. Xander
  23. Camillia
  24. Leo
  25. Niles
  26. Walhart
  27. Validar
  28. Garon

DLC Pack #1:

1. Owain
  2. Severa
  3. Basilio
  4. Aversa

DLC Pack #2:

1. Kagero
  2. Effie
  3. Kaiden
  4. Keaton

DLC Pack #3:

1. Byleth
  2. Edleguard
  3. Cladue
  4. Dimitri

You lose points for having the roster be like FEW where it's just Awakening, Fates, and Shadow Dragon.