Who would you consider a semi/co-lord?

indigoasis

I'm wondering who exactly you guys would consider a semi or co-Lord in the games, even if they aren't in the Lord class or it's variations, don't have a prf weapon, can die and it doesn't affect the story all that much, etc.

For me personally, I would consider a co-Lord to be a playable character that's important enough to the the main Lord or story to maybe be considered a secondary protagonist, so characters like Sothe and Lilina usually come to mind for me.

Anyway, thoughts?

Shadow Dragon: Caeda, Hardin wishes he was
(New) Mystery: Kris
Genealogy: Gen 1 Lewyn, Gen 2 Leif
Thracia: Eyvel (up to chapter 3)
Binding Blade: Lilina (earlygame), Elffin (on B-route)
Blazing Blade: Marcus (Eliwood), Matthew and Oswin (Hector)
Sacred Stones: Seth, L'Arachel
Path of Radiance: Soren, Titania, Elincia (very late)
Radiant Dawn:  Too many at various points in the game. Sothe, Geoffrey and Lucia, Skirmir and Ranulf, Sanaki...

That's all I can list up to 3DS.

Elincia is most certainly the Tellius co-lord. She's the lead female in PoR, has a unique class, results in a game over if she dies, and she has an arc all her own in RD. IS even saw her as important enough to get DLC in Awakening for crying out loud. xP

I'd almost say Leif if he didn't already have his own game.  In Genealogy, he pretty much feels like the protagonist's brother.

Of Jugdral, I'd definitely say Shanan, Quan, and Levin feel like such.  Though there are so many important figures in those games, you could list a whole lot of them as such.

In Archanea, I feel it's pretty obvious that Caeda is it.  Literally no other non-protagonist character in that game has near the same level of importance or impact on the story and cast as she does.  Her death literally changes both stories' endings, and she's responsible for more enemy-to-ally recruitments than even Marth is, right down to the signature ones such as Navarre's and Roger's.

From Valentia, I'd honestly say Clive's family and maybe Celica's mages count as such.  I mean, in Gaiden they're all share the plot relevance of a skipping stone, but Echoes pretty much puts all those characters on the forefront as essentially advisers and consultants to our protagonists.

For Awakening, that'd be Lucina.  After a certain point, she's in just about every other scene, and while it may not always seem so, she affects quite a bit in the story.  Heck, if it wasn't for her intervention, everything would be screwed in the first place.

Among the Fates characters, I'd say Azura and the royal brothers.  Azura's responsible for showing many plot elements as well as ultimately enabling you to take on the third path (apart from the money you have to pay to get the path).  The brothers all around have tremendous impact on the story and Corrin's ability to challenge the main villains of each path.  I'd say the sisters as well if they weren't all shoved into the background as soon as the brothers showed up.

10 minutes ago, X-Naut said:

Hardin wishes he was

You know, you didn't have to hurt me like this.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Elincia is most certainly the Tellius co-lord. She's the lead female in PoR, has a unique class, results in a game over if she dies, and she has an arc all her own in RD. IS even saw her as important enough to get DLC in Awakening for crying out loud. xP

From what I've played of PoR, I'd actually agree with this more than for Soren or Titania.

Granted, I might consider them as secondary main characters as well, but Elincia is an actual princess while the other two are merely Ike's most trusted officers.

15 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

From what I've played of PoR, I'd actually agree with this more than for Soren or Titania.

Thank you, it disappoints me how many people I've seen understate Elincia's importance. Just because she isn't playable until late doesn't mean she didn't have an active role in the story throughout.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Even though she's a Lord class, Lucina is 100% a secondary character compared to Chrom and Robin.

The plot of Awakening happens because of her, without her quite a lot of things would be pretty different.

Shadow Dragon: Caeda, Linde, Minerva, Tiki

Geneology: Lewyn, Julia

Thracia: Olwen

Binding Blade: Lilina

Blazing Sword: Matthew

Sacred Stones: Innes, Tana, L'Arachel, Cormag, Joshua

Path of Radiance: Elincia, Reyson

Radiant Dawn: Sothe, Tibarn, Naesala, Nailah

(Elincia promoted to full lord)

Awakening: Morgan

(Unclear if Robin and Lucina constitute main lords or Co/Sub Lords)

Fates: Azura, Ryoma, Takumi, Hinoka, Sakura, Xander, Camilla, Leo, Elise

Edited by Etheus

13 minutes ago, Silafante said:

The plot of Awakening happens because of her, without her quite a lot of things would be pretty different.

I've had this argument before, but a plot happening "because" of a character, without actually "integrating" said character only amounts to so much.

Literally the entire game happens "because" of Robin, and not much happens "because" of Chrom, but I'd argue they're pretty close in terms of importance to the things going on in the plot, since the two have a lot more agency(Chrom especially for the first 2/3s) within the game to actually affect it.

After the Plegia arc is finished and the children start crossing over, Lucina runs out of things to actually do. She mostly just follows Chrom and Robin around after that point.

Edited by Slumber

I actually wouldn't say Lilina is a co lord. Being Hectors daughter gives her a certain status but that fact was complexly meaningless when Binding Blade originally came out and the devs treated it as such. Despite being Hector's daughter and Roy's best friend Lilina quickly disapears after Roy rescues her and becomes just another unit. She isn't even like Lucina who while doing nothing prominent compared to Chrom and Robin at least appears a lot

2 hours ago, X-Naut said:

Hardin wishes he was

I think we all would. The story would work so much better if Hardin was the co lord. New mystery implies that he was but Shadow Dragon just didn't feel like showing it. 

26 minutes ago, Slumber said:

After the Plegia arc is finished and the children start crossing over, Lucina runs out of things to actually do. She mostly just follows Chrom and Robin around after that point.

As much as I love Awakening even I can see that the Plegia arc is flawed and "filler"y (but it explans the world building of future Archanea, without it the world be too shallow and empty so I think it mostly works in the end), neither Chrom nor the shepards are more than support for the real lord of the part: Say'ri, the member of a noble house who rises to the ocasion after loser her home with the help of allies while fighting a "corrupt" member of her family who in the end she defeats (she also gets a pretty cool sword even though mechanics wise doesn't have to be hers). Also there is Walhart, the instigator (basically her evil dragon who "corrupts" her brother).

The only Shepard that is remotely important in that arc is Robin and only as a tactician (Validar subplot is only groundwork for the next arc and finale of the game).

Also you don't need to be on screen all the time to be considered a main Lord, look at Epharim who is off screen but the things that he does are important to the plot.

Edited by Silafante

2 minutes ago, Silafante said:

Also you don't need to be on screen all the time to be considered a main Lord, look at Epharim who is off screen but the things that he does are important to the plot.

Keyword here, things Ephraim does. Lucina doesn't do much. She tells Chrom and Robin that bad things are going to happen and that they need to address it, but she herself does very little after the assassination attempt on Emmeryn, which is the 6th chapter in the game. And after she reappears near the end of the Plegia stuff? I don't recall a single thing she actually does that isn't just going along with her dad and Robin.

And Ephraim, while he's mostly missing from the first half of the game, after you pick the lord you follow, his route is ultimately the one that's more important to the plot(Though this mostly just amounts to chapter 14). And after that? He and Eirika absolutely share the spotlight and are both just as important.

28 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Keyword here, things Ephraim does. Lucina doesn't do much. She tells Chrom and Robin that bad things are going to happen and that they need to address it, but she herself does very little after the assassination attempt on Emmeryn, which is the 6th chapter in the game. And after she reappears near the end of the Plegia stuff? I don't recall a single thing she actually does that isn't just going along with her dad and Robin.

And Ephraim, while he's mostly missing from the first half of the game, after you pick the lord you follow, his route is ultimately the one that's more important to the plot(Though this mostly just amounts to chapter 14). And after that? He and Eirika absolutely share the spotlight and are both just as important.

Being a messenger is extremly important since if she didn't give that message as Marth everything goes to s***, sure she isn't saving the Exalt on her own (though she helps) but she telling that "allows" Emmeryn to stop the Ylissian-Plegian war much sooner with her sacrifice, also she stops the intended assassination of Chrom that would leave him unable to take the helm in the war, therefore making the war itself much shorter and less deadly which leaves Ylisse (and Plegia) in much better shape.

More than that she "helps" (by trowing the match) Ylisse get Ferrox's help (which we can deduce from the facts that didn't happen in her future [since she said herself she doesn't want to change more the past than necessary because I could screw things up]).

And yeah in Epharim route he is there but if you pick the Eirika route which is as important as Epharim in the grand scheme of things (excluding character stuff with our corrupted friend, the insight that we get in that rout is important but matters for Lyon as a character and his corruption, not his actions) and if you pick that one Ephraim is a main Lord that only appears a third of the game, that doesn't mean that he isn't important since he gets shit done on or off screen (really if someone give him an unbreakable lance he kicks armies by himself).

And getting spotlight, she kinda does, sure she "only" supports Chrom & co.(also stoping Basilo of being an idiot and get himself killed and losing one of the gems forever) but she has being the one that set all of this in motion the only thing she can do by that moment is helping the team and praying to Naga herself.

Edited by Silafante

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I actually wouldn't say Lilina is a co lord. Being Hectors daughter gives her a certain status but that fact was complexly meaningless when Binding Blade originally came out and the devs treated it as such. Despite being Hector's daughter and Roy's best friend Lilina quickly disapears after Roy rescues her and becomes just another unit. She isn't even like Lucina who while doing nothing prominent compared to Chrom and Robin at least appears a lot

Having just played FE6, I can confirm this. Merlinus, Guinevere, and Elffin (who largely replaces Merlinus later on) are the only real constants besides Roy. Cecilia comes, but goes once recruited.

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I think we all would. The story would work so much better if Hardin was the co lord. New mystery implies that he was but Shadow Dragon just didn't feel like showing it. 

I'd also add Minerva to Marth's talking ensemble in a hypothetical re-remake of FE1, since she is Princess of Macedon and later its (sadly failed) Queen. Marth, Malledus, Nyna, Hardin, Minerva for a five-person talking ensemble isn't too much to ask for, and I guess you could add Caeda. All but Malledus are royals, they have a right to be at the top of this pecking order chatting together.

1 hour ago, Slumber said:

And after she reappears near the end of the Plegia stuff? I don't recall a single thing she actually does that isn't just going along with her dad and Robin.

She informs Basilio Walhart was going to kill him, thus leading him to barely escape death. This allows for Basilio to participate in the "deceiving the Grimleal ploy" Robin whips up involving a fake Fire Emblem. 

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

She informs Basilio Walhart was going to kill him, thus leading him to barely escape death. This allows for Basilio to participate in the "deceiving the Grimleal ploy" Robin whips up involving a fake Fire Emblem

I forgot to post about the fake fire emblem. Thanks for covering my screw up.

I'd say Azura has the strongest claims (in fact, aside from a lack of forced deployment, I struggle to see any reasons she shouldn't be considered a full lord). Not sure why people are saying Soren. He's in a lot of scenes as a plot relevant character, but it's not like the story revolves around him in the slightest (despite being the antagonist's son). He's essentially the Merlinus or Seth of Path of Radiance. Even within that game Mist and especially Elincia would have a stronger claim to co-lord.

Edited by Jotari

Julia for Fe4 I mean unlike most other characters when she dies she just pops up in a castle saying she was kidnapped by the enemy, and when she gets her memory back it turns out she the only one who can kill Loptous.

for FE8 

Ällies of righteousness and order! Know that I, L' Arachel have arrived!¨

I consider her a co lord because she randomly appears a lot in the game and she eventually was revealed to be the Princess of Rausten also she knows a lot about the Demon King and helps them learn how to defeat him.

All the Fates Royals 

Elise,Sakura, and Hinoka need more screen time and don't need to be hiding behind their brothers and sister when danger comes.

On ‎12‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 10:14 PM, Silafante said:

At the beginning of the game in the Gangrel arc, yes, she's important to the story. In the rest of the game, however, she's totally inconsequential to the plot, apart from that one part later on where she attempts to kill Robin to save Chrom.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

In SD/NME, I would honestly consider Caeda as a semi-Lord since she has such a big presence throughout the game.

In Genealogy, definitely Julia and by extension Dierdre.

Binding Blade, most definitely Lilina.  To this day I consider her a Lord because of the presence she has in the game.  And I'll even pitch that Sophia has the possibility of being a semi-Lord just because she's so integral of getting the true ending.

Blazing Sword, Mark

Sacred Stones, Innes and Tana most definitely.

PoR/RD, Elincia for sure is the co-Lord.  If PoR had a typical royals FE story, Elincia would've been the main Lord.  I'll add in Sanaki as well.

Awakening, I think it's still debated whether or not Robin and Lucina count as Lord or not.  If not, then for sure them.

Fates, Azura, considering how big of a roll they made her to be.  And I wouldn't put every royal sibling here, but I would put Xander and Ryoma for Conquest and Birthright respectively.

• 1 month later...

Devs already confirmed that Azura is jut as much a main character as Corn is. FE6 Lilina is kind of correct, i guess, but she doesn't neccessarily appear in the dialogue a lot. FE8 is L'arachel and Seth for sure. Innes maybe a little bit.

On 12/03/2019 at 7:16 PM, Etheus said:

Awakening: Morgan

(Unclear if Robin and Lucina constitute main lords or Co/Sub Lords)

Robin is a full lord along with Chrom. The game ends if he dies. 

• 3 weeks later...

Shadow Dragon/New Mystery of the Emblem- Caeda and Katarina

Echoes: Shadows of Valentia- No one

Genealogy of the Holy War- Quan and Leif

Thracia 776- Nanna and Finn

Binding Blade- Liliana

Blazing Sword- None

Sacred Stones- None

Path of Radiance- Soren, Elincia, and Titania

Radiant Dawn- Sothe

Awakening- No one

Fates- Azura, Xander, and Ryoma