FE - Sacred Texts

AznTrueblade

Download UPS file
https://drive.google.com/file/d/196h_AIptc169kWNmOEfCyNLMrr3xgmhP/view?usp=sharing
*Whaddup homies*

I'm back, kind of:
I've been slowly working on this for the past few years,
This new patch should be up to Chapter 10 on Erika's (Andrew's) route. Do not go into Geromi's route. You have been warned.
If there are bugs or things that seem out of place, let me know and those will be addressed as they come up.

Patch should be attached to the post!
*What's up people*
AznTrueblade here with a romhack for FE8, It's just a bunch of stuff I made for my friends and I using community work and some of my own.

It features mostly the same map of FE8 and I am currently working on either overhauling the game until the route split or balancing

*Notable changes*
Different units and new faces, shuffled some people around. Recruitable doggo, hes a very good boy and is able to promote using a master seal, nothing else for now.
Shuffled some stats and growths around and a few personal skills. 
T1 stat caps are now 25 in all and the maximum cap in T2 classes are 40, these should not glitch out. If they do it's not *entirely* my fault.
Some of my personally made maps were terrible, I put back the original ones and made some small changes to them.
Devil weapons are now 100% to backfire.
and a couple other small things, I won't spoil them 🙂 

*What to expect*
A LOT of memes, like a lot.
New weapons!
Daggers - Thief Class locked -  high hit, low might, low crit 
Katanas  - middling hit, low might, middling crit
General Tomes

*New? Stuff*
Map remains the same, but the story is (kinda) new, It features a main lord named Andrew, and his journey around the continent because some mook wrecked his castle and he's out for revenge, also there's this other dude named Geromi, whos really lost.

https://gyazo.com/8f25b02a18d28246d93169c80e1d5357

I'll flesh out the background as soon as I have time.

There are custom animations from other artists in the game, but I haven't compiled the entire list yet, so please be patient with me until I do, if you recognize your work in here, please let me know and I will update the list. Alternatively, if you do not want your work in here, I will remove it in the following patch.

Custom artwork for units spliced and colored by me, and borrowed a few, again, will credit once the list is compiled.

Some of you may have noticed, some of the music is different, namely despacito, I was tinkering with that and forgot to change it back, let me know if you want it removed, and I will do so in the next patch.

*Language*
Be wary, the text is a bit vulgar, don't say I didn't warn you
I'm changing the overall type of language

*Current Progress*
Up till route split 
*temporary change*: the tower of Valni's first floor has been repurposed to let you grind out units to help me
get a feel on stat averages and whether or not a unit feels absolutely ass. Namely Geromi's team has been reported to 
"suck ass," this will be addressed.
Update* Geromi's team no longer "Sucks Ass"

*Secret Shop Locations*
There are no secret shops despite me adding a member card in chapter 2

*Screenshots*

Spoiler

my chair.pngFE Andrew's Awesome Adventure.emulator_01.pngrecked my castle.pngTHE BEAST.pngwhat's he gonna do.png

FE- Sacred Texts.PATCH.20210206141748.zip

Edited by AznTrueblade
Updates

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please, let me know what you think of this rom hack, feedback is the most important thing I can use.

Also, It has come to my attention that I sent the newest version possible,  normally this would be a good thing, but I forgot I was tinkering with music so you'll have to listen to despacito throughout the introduction. Whoops.

(Note: I'm playing on Normal Mode.)

The Beast Rises:

• I mean... Despacito for the intro music isn't unfitting, given my first impressions from the screenshots.
  • I love how all of the Sacred Text kingdoms now have Ligma-related names, but Carcino is just 4chan.  (I had to look up what Ligma was, because I don't play Fortnite, or any other online multiplayer games for that matter.)
  • The idea of dropping a Master Seal and reverting back to an unpromoted class feels odd.  Maybe you could make Tristan a Priest from the start and edit the forced battle so that it only has Viagro attacking him and not killing him?
  • Andrew looks very good, particularly as an Enemy Phase-oriented unit.  I hope he doesn't become too overpowered.
  • Goodness gracious, Tristan has an A Rank in Staves as a Level 6 unpromoted unit?!  That's pretty crazy, and his growth rates look okay on top of that.  I'm afraid he'll be able to easily render other unpromoted healers obsolete.  Then again, his bases ARE bad for his Level.  Also, he has a lovely healing animation.
  • Batta here makes for a weird boss.  His Critical is super high, but he can't even hurt Andrew.  Does Nice Personality actually do anything?  I've seen that joke Skill used in Ft. Mangs Emblem.

Doughboys Rise:

• The forced battle in the intro looks bugged.  Baguette kills the Mercenary with a Critical despite not having enough Attack and gets attacked back for no damage anyway.
  • Rian's Fight Stick looks incredibly broken despite having no Might.  Infinite durability combined with Adept is a helluva drug.
  • April looks okay.  Her base Mag looks awfully low, however, even with Quick Draw to help her out.
  • Why is there an Arena so early in the game?
  • Only two chapters in and Andrew already has a B Rank in Swords.  Are you aware that Blades give double WEXP?  I'd swap his Iron Blade out for a regular Iron Sword.

Stand Proud:

• Brandanh looks to be another really broken unit with his high base stats and Flying utility.
  • No opinion on Elijah.  His high Str and Spd are great, but those low defenses might bite him in the rear.
  • So apparently there's a real grocery store chain that almost has my name on it.  You learn something new every day.
  • The map doesn't scroll properly during the intro, so you can't see the Vons get ransacked.
  • Jeffery looks to be better than April at pretty much everything other than Spd.  Monks do NOT need to have access to both Light and Anima tomes.  You missed a golden (ha ha) opportunity to give him the Emerald Splash as a personal weapon, though.
  • Lincoln looks to be a solid utility unit.
  • Daggers inflict Poison?  They should be given a description that indicates such.
  • Who is the Binding Blade meant to be used by, if anyone?
  • Who is the shopkeeper of the Armory?  Is this another meme I don't recognize?
  • I don't think you need a White Gem this early in the game.

Overall thoughts so far:

The difficulty in this hack has been unimpressive so far.  I know this is supposed to be a joke hack, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be interesting or challenging.  How much better is Difficult Mode?

I might play more tomorrow.

Since you have a patch, and it shows Some Progress, I'll move this into Fan Projects proper.  However, do keep in mind that your hack must comply with SF's rules!

(I don't have time to play this, so I'm going to trust you on this for now.  If I play it and find that this patch does break the rules, I'll remove it and warn you. . .so, uh, do the checking yourself, thanks)

Edited by eclipse

Hello I am helping AznTrueblade out with the development of the hack, me and him are buddies. I am here to answer some questions and clarify some things. 

Batta as the boss of the first level was my idea and originally he would one shot Andrew but had like a 30% hit chance. Of course this being FE that meant Andrew coud never survive. We wanted a boss with an absurd killing power but it seems that making it fun is harder than we think. Also Nice Personality does nothing as far as i know we just thought it was funny

Tristan was a promoted unit and was basically necessary to kill Batta. When we nerfed Batta into the ground we made Tristan a priest and his growths and bases are supposed to be that of a Jeigan 

The intro battle does seem bugged but that was kinda low on our priority list. We will fix it though

I think AznTrueblade added the Arena to grind for money for the Secret Shop in the next chapter. There might be a better way to get gold

AznTrueblade wanted the blade weapons to be Andrew's personal (like how Mangs gets the Pugi in the Ft Mangs emblem). Ill ask him if he can change the growths. Ill also ask him to overhaul the Fight Stick too

The Binding Blade is for (REDACTED) who we will add in a later chapter. He's not in the build yet but he is planned

The shopkeeper is The Merchant from Resident Evil 4. Its a great game. Read his lines in like an Australian accent

Now keep in mind this is AznTrueblades first attempt at something like this. There will be a rough start but i hope we can make something thatll make someone laugh and enjoy themselves. Give us as much feedback and we will give you (hopefully) a fun little ROM hack

6 minutes ago, ultrayoshi115 said:

Batta as the boss of the first level was my idea and originally he would one shot Andrew but had like a 30% hit chance. Of course this being FE that meant Andrew coud never survive. We wanted a boss with an absurd killing power but it seems that making it fun is harder than we think. Also Nice Personality does nothing as far as i know we just thought it was funny

Tristan was a promoted unit and was basically necessary to kill Batta. When we nerfed Batta into the ground we made Tristan a priest and his growths and bases are supposed to be that of a Jeigan 

The intro battle does seem bugged but that was kinda low on our priority list. We will fix it though

I think AznTrueblade added the Arena to grind for money for the Secret Shop in the next chapter. There might be a better way to get gold

AznTrueblade wanted the blade weapons to be Andrew's personal (like how Mangs gets the Pugi in the Ft Mangs emblem). Ill ask him if he can change the growths. Ill also ask him to overhaul the Fight Stick too

Now keep in mind this is AznTrueblades first attempt at something like this. There will be a rough start but i hope we can make something thatll make someone laugh and enjoy themselves. Give us as much feedback and we will give you (hopefully) a fun little ROM hack

When you say Batta had a 30% hit rate, does that mean 30% displayed hit or true hit?  Because 30% displayed hit with double-RNG actually translates to about 18% true hit.

I guess a healer Jagen is cool, but I would personally lower his Staff Rank from A to B.

Goshdarnit.  Of course there was a Secret Shop.  Unfortunately it's too late for me to go back there without starting the game over.

I have noticed that the growth rates in this game are awfully high for a GBA hack.  Of course, I don't mind high growth rates, and I'm glad to be playing a game that doesn't have low growth rates for a change.  While the enemy stats are low, they still hit hard due to the fact that the HP on the player characters is a bit on the low side too.  Actually, the enemy balancing scheme you've got going on feels similar to that of my own game, Sanctaea Chronicles, which I'm making in SRPG Studio.  You may have heard of it or even seen it at FEE3.

1 hour ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

When you say Batta had a 30% hit rate, does that mean 30% displayed hit or true hit?  Because 30% displayed hit with double-RNG actually translates to about 18% true hit.

I guess a healer Jagen is cool, but I would personally lower his Staff Rank from A to B.

Goshdarnit.  Of course there was a Secret Shop.  Unfortunately it's too late for me to go back there without starting the game over.

I have noticed that the growth rates in this game are awfully high for a GBA hack.  Of course, I don't mind high growth rates, and I'm glad to be playing a game that doesn't have low growth rates for a change.  While the enemy stats are low, they still hit hard due to the fact that the HP on the player characters is a bit on the low side too.  Actually, the enemy balancing scheme you've got going on feels similar to that of my own game, Sanctaea Chronicles, which I'm making in SRPG Studio.  You may have heard of it or even seen it at FEE3.

Batta was quite the balancing issue for a few patches, mainly because he originally had an elixir and Andrew did not have sturdy stance, and had Galeforce instead. Batta was also promoted at one point but that was during the time Tristan was promoted as well.

As for the 30% hit, it was originally around 60-75 displayed and “The Beast” was 100% crit instead of 80%. Andrew had enough stats at the time to live the round with only 1 HP off a defensive tile and would be able to heal back up with Tristan’s help.

The A rank in staffs was a remnant of when I tested a few rounds with him using a physic staff since he was extremely squishy. I’ll change this as soon as I get home.

The growth rates are actually all totaled to 350 including HP, it made balancing early easier for me so I could focus more on making the maps and whatnot. There’s a few units who you can tell I’ve taken some liberties in growth spreads so I’m interested on your opinion of these.

Furthermore, I missed out on last year’s FEE3 as I was on vacation, and just never caught up. so if these seem familiar, it’s just coincidence, but I’m interested in trying out your game.

During testing, there were a few balance issues, namely chapter 6? I think, where the boss was virtually invincible even through arena grinding so I was trying to push players to use them a bit without directly telling them.

Im not home right now so I will follow up on responses in about 2-3 hours

Thank you so much for trying out the hack!

9 minutes ago, AznTrueblade said:

The growth rates are actually all totaled to 350 including HP, it made balancing early easier for me so I could focus more on making the maps and whatnot. There’s a few units who you can tell I’ve taken some liberties in growth spreads so I’m interested on your opinion of these.

Furthermore, I missed out on last year’s FEE3 as I was on vacation, and just never caught up. so if these seem familiar, it’s just coincidence, but I’m interested in trying out your game.

I'll keep that in mind as I continue playing.

If you want to check out my game, the link to its thread here is in my signature.  It began development in September last year and is now about halfway done.

Hello it is me once again

I am here on behalf of AznTrueblade to inform you that we have a balance patch coming. Due to our busy and conflicting schedules we couldn't get much done as of now but this is what we have so far.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1soip1rajgNEoH3PACXMzlrC2icn9DuEJz-yY0fw6770/edit#gid=0

Its not in the doc but we lowered April's DEF growth by 10 and raised her MAG by 10. We also gave her 2 more base MAG to hopefully give her some extra killing power. Once we get the time we will fix the rest of the issue that have come to our attention

Thank you and have a nice day

EDIT: The doc is now up to speed with what we have and will be for as long as we are working on this. Check it out 

Edited by ultrayoshi115

I hath returned, small changes have been made, most, if not all are listed in the google docs sheet that Ultrayoshi has linked.
He and another friend will be assisting me in creating this rom hack, so we'll try to get it pushed out as soon as possible.
As the only person doing all the grunt work, I cannot guarantee progress in the event that I am horribly mutilated incapacitated.
I or Ultrayoshi will update you guys on the status in the event that something comes up

EDIT: I will update the patch to 0.2.5 sometime next week, probably around friday

Edited by AznTrueblade

32 minutes ago, Arthur fan hack lover said:

also you should either remove Paragon prom Tristan or decrease his growth rates cause if not he is too op

Lowered his base level and replaced it with Renewal for the next patch

51 minutes ago, Arthur fan hack lover said:

Can you recruit Paul?

Not yet :)

On 3/13/2019 at 4:30 PM, Von Ithipathachai said:
  • I don't think you need a White Gem this early in the game.

It's for the secret shop found within the same chapter, the stuff you find in there can't be used by anyone this early unless you grind, and they're very expensive