FE - Sacred Texts

AznTrueblade

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, Arthur fan hack lover said:

JESUS CHRIST I FORGOT ABOUT THE SOFTLOCK BUT THIS TIME INSTEAD OF JUST LOCKING WITH LITLE GLITCHING SOUNDS CAME OUT A SKULL SHATTERING SOUND! MY EEEEEEEARS!!!

LISTEN AT YOUR OWN RISK

SKULL SHATTERING SOUND.WAV

yeah thats fixed in the next patch for tomorrow dont worry

Prepare yourselves for tomorrow's patch!

If there's anything you'd like to see before I post it, let me know within the next 12 hours!

A comprehensive patch notes list is found here
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1soip1rajgNEoH3PACXMzlrC2icn9DuEJz-yY0fw6770/edit#gid=0
and also on the front page of this hack

38 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Hey, hold on a minute!  Dragon Riders can ransack Houses/Villages?  Not cool!

Yep, turns out that any class can ransack houses/villages as long as their AI is set that way
I'm still tinkering with difficulty and want to see if i should change the map up a bit more so I can fit more diverse classes onto the map so everyone can get XP

19 minutes ago, AznTrueblade said:

Yep, turns out that any class can ransack houses/villages as long as their AI is set that way
I'm still tinkering with difficulty and want to see if i should change the map up a bit more so I can fit more diverse classes onto the map so everyone can get XP

Indeed, that's also possible in SRPG Studio.  But just because you can doesn't mean you should.  Brigands, Thieves, and Pirates being able to ransack makes sense because they're traditionally criminal classes.  Dragon Riders are not.

I've just finished Chapter 4 with the newest patch.  The Boop renders the boss a complete non-issue because of its infinite durability and 2-3-Range.  I thought the River Folk with the Foot Things was supposed to be some kind of puzzle boss with him being able to one-shot the only person who can reach him, and the Toxin Lance would appear to play into this, but disappointingly I was able to just kill him by tossing Javelins at him until he died.  This took several turns due to both its high Avoid and the two Elixirs it had.

As for the other chapters, the difficulty increase is appreciated.  I think I better understand now what you were trying to do with Batta.

EDIT: Bleachigo's talking frames are off.

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

1 minute ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Indeed, that's also possible in SRPG Studio.  But just because you can doesn't mean you should.  Brigands, Thieves, and Pirates being able to ransack makes sense because they're traditionally criminal classes.  Dragon Riders are not.

I've just finished Chapter 4 with the newest patch.  The Boop renders the boss a complete non-issue because of its infinite durability and 2-3-Range.  I thought the River Folk with the Foot Things was supposed to be some kind of puzzle boss with him being able to one-shot the only person who can reach him, and the Toxin Lance would appear to play into this, but disappointingly I was able to just kill him by tossing Javelins at him until he died.  This took several turns due to both its high Avoid and the two Elixirs it had.

As for the other chapters, the difficulty increase is appreciated.  I think I better understand now what you were trying to do with Batta.

1. Yeah, I might change it for the next patch, realistically, I forgot to change the AI and liked having that time constraint to get to the village

2. >I may or may not have forgotten to remove the boop >->, but the secret boss was there to fight brandanh and give him some XP while ensuring he was the only person able to get to him since there are a lot of axe enemies around, I might change the weapon to be 1-2 range and lower brandanh's stats

3. If you read the patch notes, I think I wrote down what I wanted Batta to do. The prologue is meant to show how Andrew is played, with kiting out individual units and having Tristan heal him between rounds rather than just bum rushing someone. The older skill gave Andrew too much Def so I had to buff up Batta, but then that was still an issue because Batta would've been level 15 (and in some cases a prepromote) just to balance around the skill. So I opted for the easier option.

2 minutes ago, AznTrueblade said:

2. >I may or may not have forgotten to remove the boop >->, but the secret boss was there to fight brandanh and give him some XP while ensuring he was the only person able to get to him since there are a lot of axe enemies around, I might change the weapon to be 1-2 range and lower brandanh's stats

The River Folk's weapon can be made 1-2-Range, but don't lower Brandanh's stats.  Just make it so that the River Folk can leave him at low health but not one-shot him.

1 minute ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

The River Folk's weapon can be made 1-2-Range, but don't lower Brandanh's stats.  Just make it so that the River Folk can leave him at low health but not one-shot him.

Aight
P.S. I might make patches more frequent, we'll see how it goes

Edited by AznTrueblade

That is ENOUGH double-posting in this topic.  The only guy allowed to do it, within reason, is @AznTrueblade, because he's the guy that made this hack (but use the Edit button if it's a short message).

If I see double-posts after this post that aren't by the hack author, I'm going to start handing out suspensions.

Okay, moving on.

Chapter 4:

• I find it strange that the Village gives you a Hatchet when nobody so far can wield Axes unpromoted.
  • Not Butter's stats are also strangely low for a promoted enemy.  He also has a Brave Sword that he can't use and that you can't steal.  What's the music that plays when you fight him?
  • Have you considered making a second right-facing portrait for the Gonzalez lookalike?  The "micky Ds" on his shirt gets reversed when he faces right.  Nergal in FE7 has two portraits to avoid stuff like this.
  • The Hatchet still costs 0G and can't be sold.

Chapter 5:

• I think some of Dianea's Str growth rate could be moved to HP instead.  Also for some reason she has a Skl debuff at the beginning of the chapter.
  • Wind looks pretty worthless compared to Fire, as April has enough Con not to get weighed down by it and it costs significantly more.  I would give it some kind of Critical rate or make it effective against Flying units.
  • Who's the Vendor guy?
  • Why does the Armorslayer look funny?
  • Had I known Full Horse dropped a Regal Blade I would've saved my money for a promotion item.  Oops.
  • Speaking of Full Horse, what in Kaga's name are you thinking with him?  The only person on my team who could reliably hurt him was a Level 20/1 Tristan promoted to a Sage with an Elfire tome and given the Knowledge, who still had poor hit rates.  "Wow that was easy" my butt.

5 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Okay, moving on.

Chapter 4:

• I find it strange that the Village gives you a Hatchet when nobody so far can wield Axes unpromoted.
  • Not Butter's stats are also strangely low for a promoted enemy.  He also has a Brave Sword that he can't use and that you can't steal.  What's the music that plays when you fight him?
  • Have you considered making a second right-facing portrait for the Gonzalez lookalike?  The "micky Ds" on his shirt gets reversed when he faces right.  Nergal in FE7 has two portraits to avoid stuff like this.
  • The Hatchet still costs 0G and can't be sold.

Chapter 5:

• I think some of Dianea's Str growth rate could be moved to HP instead.  Also for some reason she has a Skl debuff at the beginning of the chapter.
  • Wind looks pretty worthless compared to Fire, as April has enough Con not to get weighed down by it and it costs significantly more.  I would give it some kind of Critical rate or make it effective against Flying units.
  • Who's the Vendor guy?
  • Why does the Armorslayer look funny?
  • Had I known Full Horse dropped a Regal Blade I would've saved my money for a promotion item.  Oops.
  • Speaking of Full Horse, what in Kaga's name are you thinking with him?  The only person on my team who could reliably hurt him was a Level 20/1 Tristan promoted to a Sage with an Elfire tome and given the Knowledge, who still had poor hit rates.  "Wow that was easy" my butt.

The Hatchet is supposed to be a joke

I'll get AznTrueblade on those stat fixes

The song is Hikari no Willpower, from something Dragon Ball Z related. I say something because I am not sure if it is from the Anime or from a game

I believe the Vendor guy is from a Vine meme and, as I stated from before, the Armory guy is from Resident Evil 4

Full Horse is a bit a tough cookie. We may have forgotten to nerf him to make up for the lack of super weapons (Fight Stick, Boop, etc). Next to Batta, Full Horse has had the most problems regarding balance