FE - Sacred Texts

AznTrueblade

6 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Okay, moving on.

Chapter 4:

• I find it strange that the Village gives you a Hatchet when nobody so far can wield Axes unpromoted.
  • Not Butter's stats are also strangely low for a promoted enemy.  He also has a Brave Sword that he can't use and that you can't steal.  What's the music that plays when you fight him?
  • Have you considered making a second right-facing portrait for the Gonzalez lookalike?  The "micky Ds" on his shirt gets reversed when he faces right.  Nergal in FE7 has two portraits to avoid stuff like this.
  • The Hatchet still costs 0G and can't be sold.

Chapter 5:

• I think some of Dianea's Str growth rate could be moved to HP instead.  Also for some reason she has a Skl debuff at the beginning of the chapter.
  • Wind looks pretty worthless compared to Fire, as April has enough Con not to get weighed down by it and it costs significantly more.  I would give it some kind of Critical rate or make it effective against Flying units.
  • Who's the Vendor guy?
  • Why does the Armorslayer look funny?
  • Had I known Full Horse dropped a Regal Blade I would've saved my money for a promotion item.  Oops.
  • Speaking of Full Horse, what in Kaga's name are you thinking with him?  The only person on my team who could reliably hurt him was a Level 20/1 Tristan promoted to a Sage with an Elfire tome and given the Knowledge, who still had poor hit rates.  "Wow that was easy" my butt.

Chapter 4. The original plan was to have someone who was able to use an axe early on, but we never got around to it till deufie came in, yet at the same time Frank gave you an axe because he's a berserker and happens to have one laying around.
Not Butter's sword was supposed to be there for shits and giggles, and we have not touched him since patch 0.2.4
Gonzalez 2.0, we were planning to do something else for that, micky d's was just a placeholder thing till we figure something out, probably a clown suit but still.
Hatchet should've cost more than 0, I keep forgetting to change it, will fix that soon

Chapter 5. Whoops

Turns out we never touched Dianea's growths, she still has Natasha's base growths, will get to that soon
Wind is effective vs flying units, same as bows, probably should make a description for it... Will also buff it and reduce costs
Armorslayer is edited by moi, what do you think of it?
We originally had Full Horse as a superboss that required the use of the "Boop" and the "Fight Stick" and the "Poke," we hadn't touched him since we removed those, except for a bit of base stat reductions. 
As of now, his stats have been reduced by 2 to everything except HP which has been reduced by 4 and his base level is now 1 instead of 4

Outside of those, anything else you'd like to see?

EDIT: 

this is the meme for the vendor person

Edited by AznTrueblade

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, AznTrueblade said:

The original plan was to have someone who was able to use an axe early on, but we never got around to it till deufie came in, yet at the same time Frank gave you an axe because he's a berserker and happens to have one laying around.

Wind is effective vs flying units, same as bows, probably should make a description for it... Will also buff it and reduce costs

Armorslayer is edited by moi, what do you think of it?

(video) This is the meme for the vendor person

I guess the Hatchet you get in Chapter 4 makes sense since you do get an Axe user in the next chapter.

I've noticed unhelpful descriptions seem to be a recurring problem with this hack.  Refresh my memory, are Katanas Myrmidon/Swordmaster-exclusive like the Shamshir?  They are indeed.  I think it would be helpful to indicate such.

Ehh.  I'm not really feeling the custom Armorslayer and S-Rank weapon icons.  I feel like if it isn't broke there's no need to fix it.  Personally I would've just stuck with vanilla icons for these.

...I see.  I know next to nothing about Vine memes.

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

17 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

I guess the Hatchet you get in Chapter 4 makes sense since you do get an Axe user in the next chapter.

I've noticed unhelpful descriptions seem to be a recurring problem with this hack.  Refresh my memory, are Katanas Myrmidon/Swordmaster-exclusive like the Shamshir?  They are indeed.  I think it would be helpful to indicate such.

Ehh.  I'm not really feeling the custom Armorslayer and S-Rank weapon icons.  I feel like if it isn't broke there's no need to fix it.  Personally I would've just stuck with vanilla icons for these.

...I see.  I know next to nothing about Vine memes.

Yeah, I'll take a pass at descriptions sometime this week, and I like making weapon icons so I just wanted to make something that looked neat, I'll revert it and repurpose the Icon for another weapon

Sorry it's been a while!  Not much to say about Chapter 5x other than that everybody was pretty good, especially Alex.  Whatever buffs you gave them seem to have worked.

Also, Cyclopes can wield all three Triangle weapons?  And the Light Brand is unbreakable?

On 3/30/2019 at 7:37 PM, Von Ithipathachai said:

Sorry it's been a while!  Not much to say about Chapter 5x other than that everybody was pretty good, especially Alex.  Whatever buffs you gave them seem to have worked.

Also, Cyclopes can wield all three Triangle weapons?  And the Light Brand is unbreakable?

Cyclopses shouldn't be able to do that, I'll take a look at it

I was planning to buff the magic weapons as they aren't available anywhere else in the game, so either its unbreakable, or I'll have to make them purchasable later on into the game, probably post. Either way, I'm looking to either nerf their power and make them unbreakable, or buff them and make them breakable. This is the first iteration

Update: Turns out that it wasn't Cyclopses who can use all 3 triangle weapons, it was just EvilMcEvil's profile not being changed from Orson, so Orson's base weapon levels carried over. This is important because it means that enemy cyclopses won't be able to equip all 3 triangle weapons in the current patch

Edited by AznTrueblade
finished looking at the patch

Small question:

What do you guys want to see in the future chapters?
An actual cohesive story line and ***PLOT*** or do you guys want a lighthearted meme-y style like how it's been so far,

Do you guys want custom maps or weapons, or a rebalance with older weapons? If I do this, I'll have a google docs sheet of the changelist alongside it

Bunch of things I'm willing to try out the more accustomed I get with the editor, just let me know and I'll try to get stuff in.

Also, 1 thing I completely forgot to mention, As of right now, there are superboss levels in the postgame dungeon the Lagdou Ruins. Those feature some people who were kind enough to let me use their "OC's" in this and are extremely difficult to beat. These chapters are not 100% fleshed out, but have some work put in so you guys can try it out if you like. This is in the current patch as well as the previous patch and have not been worked on since the date of the original post.

The next patch should be out, maybe next week, I'm starting to stream on twitch so thats taking a bit of time from my schedule and I still have college, so patches will be slower from here on out. I will update as soon as I can in the event something horrible happens. If I am incapacitated enough to not be able to let you know, Ultrayoshi will let you know.

I feel whether or not you should give the game a cohesive plot depends on what you’d do with the existing world building.  It will be hard for you to have a serious plot with kingdoms mostly named after Ligma memes.

As for weapons, I think I would continue experimenting with new weapon subtypes like the Katana and Daggers.  Does FEBuilder let you make Radiant Dawn-style Storm swords that do physical damage?

On 4/4/2019 at 4:17 AM, Von Ithipathachai said:

I feel whether or not you should give the game a cohesive plot depends on what you’d do with the existing world building.  It will be hard for you to have a serious plot with kingdoms mostly named after Ligma memes.

As for weapons, I think I would continue experimenting with new weapon subtypes like the Katana and Daggers.  Does FEBuilder let you make Radiant Dawn-style Storm swords that do physical damage?

I can make storm weapons like radiant dawn, I'll see if i can squeeze them in borrowing some previous animations for wind

Update: Added Storm Sword and Tempest Blade from Radiant Dawn, I squeezed down the original icons by hand and they *should* work fine, I'll see where I can shoehorn them in. The wind sword will also be available earlier and will be slightly toned down to compensate. Animations are reused from other spells. If there's any specific animation thats free to use, let me know and I'll see if I can add it in.

Update 2 electric boogaloo: Been busy with school and streaming, so progress is a little slow. I'll see what I want to do with the rest of the Andrew story before I get started

I'm looking at overhauling chapter 2's map as well as chapters 5x and onward. 

Edited by AznTrueblade
Update

Update:

Patch (0.2.7) will come out when I get home tonight, in roughly 4 hours from the time of this post

Patch notes are up to date so please look at them if you have any immediate questions, or if the link doesn't work, let me know as well.

Edit: Am tired, going to bed, will update in the morning

Edited by AznTrueblade
Am sleepy/tired

Ok, uh small problem, I can apparently no longer upload files more than .6MB up here

Strange since I was able to post the other patches fine and those were .023 kb smaller than the current patch.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13JbZ6XxA5NXDRR6OIP-e-eXu-FASl8YY/view?usp=sharing
Patch is now available on google drive, it should link you to just the file

Edited by AznTrueblade
patch update

4 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Why don't you just delete the outdated patches?

Tried that out the first time, it didnt immediately change the max upload size, turns out i had to save the post and then edit again.
Was hesitant cause the upload size is carried over to comments as well. And I no longer have access to the old patches since I swapped computers. So in the event that something horrible happens I lose almost everything.

Main post should be updated with the patch now

• 3 weeks later...

Been a while, couple things to note

1. Just had an idea for to finish off the game, it's gonna be a little generic, but it'll suffice
2. Been having a lot of schoolwork recently, also a lot of other games,  so work is slow
3. Haven't been updating the patch notes cause nobody reads them, if you guys want me to, i'll start updating them again
4. Working on the beginning of the hack, mostly fixing up some grammar and making the sentences flow better. 

Plans:
1. Custom Icons for everyone planned, lower priority but it'll happen 
2. Revamping maps, lower priority than custom icons simply because i can't think of anything good for now
3. Weapons will have very little tuning, only small icon updates/stat readjustments/things i've missed will happen
4. Memes, I've been studying these for the past few weeks, be prepared. You have been warned.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, it's been a few months.
First of all, sorry it's been a while since I've made any big changes with the hack.
I was diagnosed with psychological depression right after the semester ended so ive been dealing with that.

I'll get back to working on it soon-ish. No date for the next patch, but as of right now, the chapter after the route split on Andrew's side is complete.
An update will be released after about 2 more chapters.

Thanks for holding out!

7 hours ago, AznTrueblade said:

Hey guys, it's been a few months.
First of all, sorry it's been a while since I've made any big changes with the hack.
I was diagnosed with psychological depression right after the semester ended so ive been dealing with that.

I'll get back to working on it soon-ish. No date for the next patch, but as of right now, the chapter after the route split on Andrew's side is complete.
An update will be released after about 2 more chapters.

Thanks for holding out!

Yikes.  Having to deal with that sounds pretty rough, especially in the wake of Etika's recent suicide.

Definitely hope you can manage that well.

OK so small problem, max file size is 2 MB. Patch is about 4 MB so uh yeah let me see if i can work that out

Edit: Added dropbox link to main post

Edited by AznTrueblade

• 3 months later...

Okay! New patch, it's been a while, yadda yadda. Please don't load the old save, text is mostly the same so don't worry about story. Just play through it and let me know if it's okay so far. Right now there's no game crashing bugs but I may or may not have added a few things that could've done that so uh, yeah. Anyway, Have fun!