So...I need a little help (SOLVED, THANKS FOR THE ASSISTANCE!)

Sub Zero

Ok so first off, I'm sorry if this is in the wrong category, I've never done a topic like this before.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I need help y'all, I'm looking for a program to use to make a fanhack, but I don't know which program works best.

If you can give me a couple of suggestions, that'll be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Edited by ~ Yuri ~

You've got a couple of options for fangame-making programs.

FEBuilder is the popular one for making hacks at the moment.  I haven't used it, but from what I hear it's the most user-friendly hacking method to date.

However, there's also a program called SRPG Studio that's tailor-made for Fire Emblem clones.  You can do all sorts of crazy stuff like new weapon types, giant FE4-size maps, a Capture system, Tellius-style Bases and Bonus EXP, and even an Avatar system in SRPG Studio either by default or through custom scripting in JavaScript that few, if any, big hacks have been able to manage.  It also has its share of drawbacks, though, such as a $60 price tag, default (RTP) assets that aren't very pretty, occasionally confusing translations, and a need for you to do more from the ground up in terms of class balancing.

3 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

You've got a couple of options for fangame-making programs.

FEBuilder is the popular one for making hacks at the moment.  I haven't used it, but from what I hear it's the most user-friendly hacking method to date.

However, there's also a program called SRPG Studio that's tailor-made for Fire Emblem clones.  You can do all sorts of crazy stuff like new weapon types, giant FE4-size maps, a Capture system, Tellius-style Bases and Bonus EXP, and even an Avatar system in SRPG Studio either by default or through custom scripting in JavaScript that few, if any, big hacks have been able to manage.  It also has its share of drawbacks, though, such as a $60 price tag, default (RTP) assets that aren't very pretty, occasionally confusing translations, and a need for you to do more from the ground up in terms of class balancing.

SRPG Studio is a negative, I don't have any money, and I'm using a school computer, so I don't know how far back that'll put me. But thanks for the suggestion!

But I will try to use FEBuilder! 

Edited by Hector of Ostia

• 5 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, ~ Yuri ~ said:

Alright, FEBuilder and SRPG Studio..I'll try a couple more times with SRPG but if that doesn't work I'll just try FEB. Thanks you two!

Again, keep in mind that SRPG Studio is $60 normally if you haven't bought it already.  There should be a free demo available, but obviously it's much more limited in what it can do.

I guess it really depends on how "out there" you want your game to be.

Edited by Von Ithipathachai