Dragon Ball Fighterz: GT Kid Goku: Now confirmed.

Jedi

https://gematsu.com/2019/03/dragon-ball-fighterz-dlc-character-goku-gt-announced

https://nintendoeverything.com/dragon-ball-fighterz-to-add-dlc-character-goku-gt/

According to these sources V-Jump has confirmed GT Kid Goku for Fighterz DLC but he will be using the power pole and only turning SSJ3 instead of what folks wanted with both DB Kid Goku and SSJ4 Goku, almost like they heard both requests and met us in the middle. Poorly

So a GT Kid Goku that uses the power pole? 

Edited by Jedi

GT Goku uses the Power Pole in the Xenoverse games too. I suppose its possible it's just to cover for OG Kid Goku not being used and to save on assets and balancing for the functions of the characters though.

1 minute ago, Light Strategist said:

GT Goku uses the Power Pole in the Xenoverse games too. I suppose its possible it's just to cover for OG Kid Goku not being used and to save on assets and balancing for the functions of the characters though.

It still doesn't make sense to not include SSJ4 in any way though considering that's the most iconic thing with GT and something most people even GT's most avid haters actually like.

I don't think just giving GT Goku the power pole covers for OG Kid Goku because DB Goku fought very very differently. It's just... Baffling.

they shafted gt so much with DB FighterZ, and i honestly fail to understand why (also my god, how many versions of goku are we supposed to have)

this is why i won't believe it unless i personally see this on my nintendo switch

22 minutes ago, Yexin said:

they shafted gt so much with DB FighterZ, and i honestly fail to understand why

Because hardcore DB fans really don't like GT much outside of SSJ4 Goku/Vegeta/Gogetta, and Super has effectively made it completely non-canon.

It works in Xenoverse or the other ARPG/Light-fighting games because the cost of developing a character in those games is much lower. In a game like DBZF, they'll develop what's most likely to sell and flesh out their roster...

... which makes me question why they'd go with GT Kid Goku, who isn't very popular, and will likely have just a bunch of Goku moves, only with the Power Pole.

Edited by Slumber

14 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Because hardcore DB fans really don't like GT much outside of SSJ4 Goku/Vegeta/Gogetta, and Super has effectively made it completely non-canon.

It works in Xenoverse or the other ARPG/Light-fighting games because the cost of developing a character in those games is much lower. In a game like DBZF, they'll develop what's most likely to sell and flesh out their roster...

... which makes me question why they'd go with GT Kid Goku, who isn't very popular, and will likely have just a bunch of Goku moves, only with the Power Pole.

People are generally ok with Baby and Omega Shenron (along with Nova) as well. 

The main question is yeah why GT Kid Goku, the main requests for another Goku were like DB Goku and SSJ4 Goku besides UI Goku. Soooo..... This sounds weird.

https://www.siliconera.com/2019/03/18/dragon-ball-fighterz-gets-a-first-look-at-goku-from-dragon-ball-gt/

image0.jpg

Confirmed now. Still bizarre that somehow they picked the wrong Kid Goku and the wrong GT form at the same time.

Because tons of folks wanted SSJ4 Goku and DB Kid Goku. As mentioned previously.

19 hours ago, Jedi said:

https://www.siliconera.com/2019/03/18/dragon-ball-fighterz-gets-a-first-look-at-goku-from-dragon-ball-gt/

image0.jpg

Confirmed now. Still bizarre that somehow they picked the wrong Kid Goku and the wrong GT form at the same time.

Because tons of folks wanted SSJ4 Goku and DB Kid Goku. As mentioned previously.

They're probably gonna have SS4 Goku as a separate character, I'm sure. As for the Kid Goku thing...I dunno, maybe they figured he didn't have enough of an arsenal to adapt, so they went with the fifty-plus-year-old Kid Goku?

9 minutes ago, Dai said:

They're probably gonna have SS4 Goku as a separate character, I'm sure. As for the Kid Goku thing...I dunno, maybe they figured he didn't have enough of an arsenal to adapt, so they went with the fifty-plus-year-old Kid Goku?

I don't think so. I mean, they even took the OG Goku's Power Pole, which never even appeared in GT. And the only things that later Gokus can do that OG Goku can't is the Solar Flare and Spirit Bomb. Otherwise it's just a matter of numbers getting bigger. And that is irrelevant in a fighting game.

Edited by BrightBow

3 hours ago, Dai said:

Kid Goku has plenty of an arsenal to adapt. I assume you haven’t seen OG Dragon Ball or read the first several arcs of the Manga to suggest that.

The Jaken Fist, 8 Arms Technique, the power pole (which GT Goku never used ever), the Dragon Fist, his various tricks with his tail, his wild usage of the after image technique, among tons more things.

This is coming from a game that has adapted character techniques from the manga itself all the way back from OG Dragon Ball including one off techniques like Tenshinhans Volleyball Fist.

My guess is more slots and the fact that both Kid Goku and GT Goku (in SS4) we’re both heavily wanted to the point they had to compromise.

59 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Kid Goku has plenty of an arsenal to adapt. I assume you haven’t seen OG Dragon Ball or read the first several arcs of the Manga to suggest that.

Oh no, I have, at least three separate times. Note, I said that "maybe they figured he didn't have enough of an arsenal to adapt," not, "think he doesn't have enough of an arsenal to adapt."

Either way, it's what we have now. Maybe they'll throw in a few more goofier traits for him, though.