FE7 Pick my edits!

SageHarpuiaJDJ

Hello SF! Recently I've been getting back into GBA FE as well as hacking, and I've been having a lot of fun! I'm playing a randomized run currently, and I'm really enjoying it, but I thought it would be more fun to get the community involved! I know that this place really enjoys FE7, and while I admit that it's not my personal favorite FE, I still enjoy playing though it from time to time. Now, for a few notes!

-Will be playing on Eliwood hard mode. I would do Hector Hard mode, but I like Eliwood's mode more. Still, Farina and Karla will be edited cause I want to share this so that everyone else can play!

-I don't know how to increase enemy growths in the program that I'm using, so those won't be changed.

-I can add things like class changes; character changes(bases, base class, growths, etc.), custom weapons, items changes, character levels, and general weapon changes.

-I can add custom classes, but I'm choosing not to since that would be a bit too much work.

Okay! here's the character list!

Eliwood-

Lowen- Swaps places with Isadora and is now a Lv 1. Paladin. His inventory consists of a Seraph Robe, Short Spear, and Brave Sword. His growths remain the same. His bases are: 36 HP, 12 Strength, 10 Skill, 12 Speed, 10 Luck, 15 Defense, and 5 Resistance. He has 12 con, B rank in Swords, B rank in Lances, and C rank in Axes.

Marcus-

Rebecca- Is now a Nomad.

Dorcas-

Bartre- Is now a dancer. Bases are changed as followed: No strength or skill, +4 speed, +2 luck and defense, and +6 to resistance. Growths are now 140% HP, 0% Str, 0% Skl, 25% Spd, 75% Luck, 50% Def, and 50% Res. Comes with an Ocean Seal, Thor's Ire, and Set's Litany.

Oswin-

Hector-

Matthew-

Serra-

Guy-

Erk- Is now a soldier.

Priscilla-

Lyn-

Sain-

Kent-

Wil-

Florina-

Raven-

Lucius-

Canas-

Dart-

Fiora-

Legault-

Ninian-

Isadora- Swaps places with Lowen as is now a Lv. 2 Caviler. Inventory is the same as Lowen's and her normal growths are the same. Her bases are: 16 HP, 9 Strength, 6 Skill, 3 Speed, 6 Luck, 5 Defense, and 0 Resistance. She comes with 5 con, C rank in swords, and D rank in lances.

Heath-

Rath-

Hawkeye-

Farina-

Geitz-

Wallace-

Pent-

Louise-

Karel- Replaces Kent and is now a Wyvern Rider. E rank in lances, but retains A rank in swords. Comes with a wind sword and a slim lance.

Harken-

Nino-

Jaffar-

Vaida-

Nils-

Karla- Replaces Sain and is now a Wyvern Rider. E rank in lances, but retains A rank in swords. Comes with a wind sword and a slim lance.

Renault-

Other edits:

Give the boss in chapter 10 an Elyisian whip that can be dropped.

Give Fighters FE6 promo gains.

Give Female Cavs FE6 promo gains.

Soldiers now uses knight's crest to promote to paladins.

All class promotions that give new weapons start at C rank of the new weapon.

Since Athos is perfect he won't be edited. :P Now... Give me your suggestions! ^_^

Edited by SageHarpuiaJDJ

Bartre's a dancer.

There, that's all the edit I could say, but I'll add:

-Adjust his bases so he has no Str or Skl, but adds 4 to Spd, 2 to Luk and Def and 6 to Res

-Has 140% HP, 0% Str, 0% Skl, 25% Spd, 75% Luk, 50% Def, 50% Res

-Comes with Thor's Ire, Set's Litany and Ocean Seal

29 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

Will you be playing the Lyn chapters?

If so Karel and Karla in place of Kent and Sain, but they are both Wyvern Knights. 

I will. Any specific weapons you want them to have?

10 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Bartre's a dancer.

There, that's all the edit I could say, but I'll add:

-Adjust his bases so he has no Str or Skl, but adds 4 to Spd, 2 to Luk and Def and 6 to Res

-Has 140% HP, 0% Str, 0% Skl, 25% Spd, 75% Luk, 50% Def, 50% Res

-Comes with Thor's Ire, Set's Litany and Ocean Seal

Done!

1 hour ago, SageHarpuiaJDJ said:

I will. Any specific weapons you want them to have?

Slim Lances for Both, they star at E in Lances, but on promotion they have their normal A-rank in Swords, and that why they both also come with Wind Swords in the inventory. 

If you can't make the Wind Swords show up then normal light brands.

Also, can you make the Final Boss of Lyn mode drop a Elysian Whip?

Uh wow cool idea definitely wasn't ever planning on doing anything like this myself at any point hold on while I frantically open Nightmare.

Give Fighters their FE6 promotion gains.

Replace Lowen with Isadora- she will have the same growths as normal, but joins as a Level 2 cavalier with Lowen's inventory and the following bases:

Spoiler
  • 16 HP
  • 9 Strength
  • 6 Skill
  • 3 Speed
  • 6 Luck
  • 5 Defense
  • 0 Resistance
  • 5 Con
  • C Swords
  • D Lances

Also, give female cavaliers FE6 promotion gains.

Replace Isadora with Lowen- he will have the same growths as normal, but joins as a level 1 Paladin with the following bases:

Spoiler
  • 38 HP
  • 12 Strength
  • 10 Skill
  • 12 Speed
  • 10 Luck
  • 15 Defense
  • 5 Resistance
  • 12 Con
  • B Swords
  • B Lances
  • C Axes

Have him join with a Seraph Robe, a Short Spear, and the Brave Sword, but keep the male cavalier promotion gains the same.

Make Erk into a Soldier and let Soldiers use a Knight's Crest to become Paladins.

Change Rebecca's class to Nomad.

For every class that gets a weapon type on promotion, make that new weapon type start at C rank, unless it's a Paladin in which case leave it the same.

Fire is renamed to Wind- it is a 0 might Brave tome which is effective against flying enemies. This last part is very important.

Thunder now has 20 crit and is effective against Armors, but has +2 weight and -10 hit.

Elfire has a weight of 20 and gives +10 defense

I'm torn. Should Soldiers promote to Paladins, or instead promote into Falcon Knights? Maybe even Wyvern Lords.

Renault Replaces Hawkeye in Living Legend.

He joins as a Hero with 12 con, a light brand, and a light rune, and [B Rank Swords + B Rank Axes]

He has the same growth rates as vanilla Renault.

His base strength and resistance are swapped.

Hes deleveled from vanilla Renaults starting level of [16] to Hawkeye's starting level of [4], with his base stats reduced as though he had hit all his average growths in-between.

Effectively making him a Lvl 4 Hero with the following base stats:

36  HP / 13 Strength   / 18 Skill / 16 Speed /  8 Luck / 13 Def / 7 Resistance

Athos Replaces Fargus at Port of Badon. He has Fortify.

Fargus Replaces Athos on the Final Chapter.  He has his Eliwood Hard Modes stats (lol) and growths, and joins as a Lvl 18 Berserker with a Killer Axe.

Legault is not recruitable at the Dragon's Gate

Legault replaces Renault on Victory or Death.

He joins as a Lvl 16 assassin with a rune sword and base stats:

48 HP / 16 Str / 24 Skill / 30 Spd  / 24 Lck / 16 Def / 12 Res 

Edited by Shoblongoo

Dorcas has a 50% speed growth (all other growths unchanged), and comes with a Speedwings instead of whatever stat booster he normally has.

You know how I said Soldiers promote to Paladins? Yeah, we changing that to Wyvern Lords now.

Honestly, Batta is way overrated as a brigand boss. I say we let you recruit Bug from Chapter 5- he joins automatically at the start of Chapter 6 instead of Rath. He has the same bases he did as a boss, and inherits Rath's growth rates. You may need to give him a hand axe or something so the cutscene at the start of the chapter doesn't glitch.

Replace Dart with Amelia from Sacred Stones- a level 1 cavalier with FE8 Amelia's growth rates and the following bases:

• 19 HP
  • 6 Strength
  • 7 Skill
  • 8 Speed
  • 9 Luck
  • 4 Defense
  • 6 Resistance
  • 9 Con
  • D Lances, E Swords

I still like Dart, so we'll just shuffle him around to be somewhere else. Raven's a way overrated edgelord, so I'm asking you to replace him with Dart.

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

Change knights to have a base move of 5.

Oswin has 2 more base speed, a 40% speed growth, and a 45% strength growth.

Also, generals can now use swords like the can in Sacred Stones, If that's possible. 

Also, if possible, change effectiveness multiplier to 3x might like in the Japanese version.

Quite a lot of stuff here.

On 3/18/2019 at 7:27 PM, AnonymousSpeed said:

Fire is renamed to Wind- it is a 0 might Brave tome which is effective against flying enemies. This last part is very important.

Thunder now has 20 crit and is effective against Armors, but has +2 weight and -10 hit.

Elfire has a weight of 20 and gives +10 defense

I'm torn. Should Soldiers promote to Paladins, or instead promote into Falcon Knights? Maybe even Wyvern Lords.

1. That's interesting. I can prolly even change the animation around too, if I want.

2. Can add

3. Can add

4. I like paladins so think I'll go with that.

On 3/19/2019 at 12:42 PM, Shoblongoo said:

Renault Replaces Hawkeye in Living Legend.

He joins as a Hero with 12 con, a light brand, and a light rune, and [B Rank Swords + B Rank Axes]

He has the same growth rates as vanilla Renault.

His base strength and resistance are swapped.

Hes deleveled from vanilla Renaults starting level of [16] to Hawkeye's starting level of [4], with his base stats reduced as though he had hit all his average growths in-between.

Effectively making him a Lvl 4 Hero with the following base stats:

36  HP / 13 Strength   / 18 Skill / 16 Speed /  8 Luck / 13 Def / 7 Resistance

Athos Replaces Fargus at Port of Badon. He has Fortify.

Fargus Replaces Athos on the Final Chapter.  He has his Eliwood Hard Modes stats (lol) and growths, and joins as a Lvl 18 Berserker with a Killer Axe.

Legault is not recruitable at the Dragon's Gate

Legault replaces Renault on Victory or Death.

He joins as a Lvl 16 assassin with a rune sword and base stats:

48 HP / 16 Str / 24 Skill / 30 Spd  / 24 Lck / 16 Def / 12 Res 

1. Okay, I can do that.

2. I kinda don't wanna mess with those two, but I'll see what I can do.

3 and 4. Can do. Though it's gonna suck not having Legault earlier cause I like him as a character.

On 3/20/2019 at 12:25 AM, eclipse said:

Dorcas has a 50% speed growth (all other growths unchanged), and comes with a Speedwings instead of whatever stat booster he normally has.

Okay. A simple change but I like it.

On 3/26/2019 at 9:49 PM, AnonymousSpeed said:

You know how I said Soldiers promote to Paladins? Yeah, we changing that to Wyvern Lords now.

Honestly, Batta is way overrated as a brigand boss. I say we let you recruit Bug from Chapter 5- he joins automatically at the start of Chapter 6 instead of Rath. He has the same bases he did as a boss, and inherits Rath's growth rates. You may need to give him a hand axe or something so the cutscene at the start of the chapter doesn't glitch.

Replace Dart with Amelia from Sacred Stones- a level 1 cavalier with FE8 Amelia's growth rates and the following bases:

• 19 HP
  • 6 Strength
  • 7 Skill
  • 8 Speed
  • 9 Luck
  • 4 Defense
  • 6 Resistance
  • 9 Con
  • D Lances, E Swords

I still like Dart, so we'll just shuffle him around to be somewhere else. Raven's a way overrated edgelord, so I'm asking you to replace him with Dart.

1. B-But I like paladins. ;~; Aww well. On anther note, I'm gonna do something special with Wyvern lords so I'll keep this change.

2. I think I'm gonna switch them around to make that work. And yeah a hand axe should work with that cutscene,

3. I'm gonna do this, but I think her bases should be buffed a weee bit more since she joining around the midpoint. Also what's her inventory?

4. Oh hey! I actually agree with that. I honestly never thought I see someone else who thinks that Raven is an edgelord lol. That's not the topic for this, however.

On 3/27/2019 at 12:03 PM, Gannondworf13 said:

Change knights to have a base move of 5.

Oswin has 2 more base speed, a 40% speed growth, and a 45% strength growth.

Also, generals can now use swords like the can in Sacred Stones, If that's possible. 

Also, if possible, change effectiveness multiplier to 3x might like in the Japanese version.

1. Will generals also have a base move of 6?

2. Will do.

3. I can. I'm gonna have to add the animation tho.

4. If there's a patch for it, I'll add it.

On another note, y'all mind if I reserve Lyn and Florina? I wanna play around with them.

11 hours ago, SageHarpuiaJDJ said:

1. That's interesting. I can prolly even change the animation around too, if I want.

Maybe the FE6 Aircalibur animation would be good.

Fimbulvetr should probably get a change too, so...make it have 0 weight, but only 15 uses.

1. B-But I like paladins. ;~; Aww well. On anther note, I'm gonna do something special with Wyvern lords so I'll keep this change.

Paladins are neat and all, but I figure that Wyvern Lords are more powerful and more intimidating, so it'd be funnier for a dinky soldier to promote to one of them.

3. I'm gonna do this, but I think her bases should be buffed a weee bit more since she joining around the midpoint. Also what's her inventory?

I don't know, I think part of the fun is the difficulty of raising such a unit.

A slim lance, an iron sword, and Dorcas's old Energy Ring.

On another note, y'all mind if I reserve Lyn and Florina? I wanna play around with them.

Sure, I've got a few other nonsensical ideas which don't involve them, but that does mean I must forgo replacing all the pegasus sisters with FE6 armor knights.

Give Marcus has D rank Swords and D rank Lances now, but A rank Axes. His starting weapons are now a Silver Axe and an Iron Sword.

Canas has 6 defense, 5 resistance, and 8 con, all other things being the same.

Matthew is now a mage. He joins with a Wind tome, two chest keys and two door keys.

Door / Chest keys have 10 uses, but we don't go no thieves until Dragon's Gate, where we shall fill Legault's vacancy with Leila. She has really stupid unused bases and growth rates, which we will be sticking with, and will join with a Lockpick, a Fell Contract, and no weapons.

Priscilla joins up as a Thief, has a Slim Sword and Lockpick, and has the following bases:

Hp: 21

Str: 6

Skill: 7

Spd: 10

Luck: 3

Def: 9

Res: 2

Con: 6

Swords: D

Her new Growth Rates are as follows:

Hp: 75%

Str: 50%