WoL revival? (accepting new players!)

Dragoncat

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so in terms of the format:

• I have everything filled (Ridley takes a Villain spot).
  • @Dragoncat needs a third fighter, some children for said fighter, a second villain, and maybe a younger relative of Link.
  • @Hero_Lucina needs a second villain.

We can take anymore as dragoncat desires.

57 minutes ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

Okay, so in terms of the format:

• I have everything filled (Ridley takes a Villain spot).
  • @Dragoncat needs a third fighter, some children for said fighter, a second villain, and maybe a younger relative of Link.
  • @Hero_Lucina needs a second villain.

We can take anymore as dragoncat desires.

Well, it can be optional to follow the format 100%. Remember we also have spirits to deal with. My spirits are Reyn and Fiora and may pick up Dunban later.

For what it's worth, have a little thing I'd written ahead of time but didn't get to the point.

The Oracle staggered to his feet, and the Monado's laser blade retracted into its red metal sheath. The sinister glow in his eyes had disappeared, leaving a sense of calm wisdom. This proved that the spell on Shulk had been broken.

Yet he had a confused expression, which was expected. "...Link. What happened? I remember getting a vision of those beams of light and then..."

"Oi! Buddy! Good to see ya back!"

Shulk seemed to bristle. His head shot up and he looked around frantically. "That's Reyn's voice. But I don't see him."

Reyn's spirit did a loop de loop in the air in front of Shulk's face. "Alley oop!" An image of a bulky man with reddish brown hair in short spiky tufts, wearing a shirt that was arguably too small for him and some leather pants and boots, appeared in the ball of light.

"Reyn! What in the name of all that is holy happened to you?"

"We lost our bodies for the time being..." Fiora said.

At that, Shulk switched to a panicked expression. "No! This is TERRIBLE! Oh, Bionis, I'm having a nightmare! Must wake up!" And then he started punching himself in the head.

"It's temporary, man! Flying is fun, so I don't mind much. Grumpy Tactics Man over here said there has to be a way to get back to normal." Reyn hovered in front of Soren for a second before returning to his previous location. 

Fiora flew over and nuzzled Shulk's cheek the best she could in spirit form. He stopped punching himself. "I've gotten out of predicaments like this before." Fiora said. "We WILL find a way out of this mess...my love." She perched on Shulk's shoulder. He appeared to find her words and presence comforting.

"Fiora...our children. They must also be...whatever you and Reyn were reduced to?"

"Spirits, Dad." Violet stepped forward followed by Rickson. "Master Hand saved us, and the other kids."

"We had to fight through a LOT to get to you." Rickson added.

Shulk beckoned his kids over and hugged them. "I'm grateful. And so proud of you two!"

Link couldn't help smiling at the sight. He remembered how excited Shulk had been when he told him he would soon be a father...and the pride in his voice every time he talked about his twins back home, and how he acted when Fiora brought them into the Hub as babies once...and how Zelda acted like she had baby fever. He was still unsure about wanting any of his own.

"They're smart kids." Link said after a moment. "Not bad at combat either. They actually smacked the, whatever it was, out of me."

Shulk patted Violet's head, then gave Rickson a quick hair ruffle. "Well, thanks for bringing them to me in one piece."

Dawww family moment. I do plan a lot of Shulk and spirit Fiora cuteness and shenanigans xD Yeah, feel free to say stuff on this, even if it's just "that's adorable".

If anybody can pick up Soren, I do think his interactions with Reyn were gold in the old one and will still be gold in this one.

2 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

If anybody can pick up Soren, I do think his interactions with Reyn were gold in the old one and will still be gold in this one.

If he is towards the south-western third of the map, I can take him.

5 minutes ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

If he is towards the south-western third of the map, I can take him.

Reyn is near there too actually. Fiora is near Link, and Dunban is in the dark realm, so he'll be way later. YAY DUNDUN HYPE. Stiff one armed swordsman swagger. His right arm is pretty much dead, not amputated, but mostly useless and he still kicks ass and takes names. Oh and in case it needs mentioning, he's also Rickson and Violet's uncle. Fiora's big bro.

I just have to put up my spirit profiles, and then you're welcome to make Soren.

Edited by Dragoncat

3 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

Reyn is near there too actually. Fiora is near Link, and Dunban is in the dark realm, so he'll be way later. YAY DUNDUN HYPE. Stiff one armed swordsman swagger. His right arm is pretty much dead, not amputated, but mostly useless and he still kicks ass and takes names. Oh and in case it needs mentioning, he's also Rickson and Violet's uncle. Fiora's big bro.

I just have to put up my spirit profiles, and then you're welcome to make Soren.

I think air is in that corner idk

1 hour ago, Hero_Lucina said:

I think air is in that corner idk

He can start wherever actually, and I guess the spirits can be wherever as well. I might move a certain wild boi (aka Reyn) myself.

21 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

The bear heart thing is gross.

Mia's an option too, but I'm not thinking this guy will work to begin with honestly. 

Maybe try to make a Roy kid? Or Toon Link? Regular Link doesn't have any rugrats yet, let's just say Shulk's kids were kind of like birth control lol.

@ElectiveToast Are you still in this with Marth's daughter?

Yeah, thought it got ditched. 

On 3/20/2019 at 10:14 AM, Azure in a Roundabout said:

-Fighter

-Children or younger relative (maximum of 2)

*Repeat thrice*

-Two villains (can be a fighter, but only one at a time in that case)

This was what I was talking about @ElectiveToast.

Right now, you have one fighter (Marth) and his child. You can do two more fighters and their children/younger relatives, and two villains.

17 hours ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

This was what I was talking about @ElectiveToast.

Right now, you have one fighter (Marth) and his child. You can do two more fighters and their children/younger relatives, and two villains.

Ah. Got it. Sorry, was busy with something important yesterday, and maybe today. 

Okay guys! I have finally got all of mine up on the site, which is now in the OP. Note how spirits have no stats of their own. You can choose from:

Buff one stat two points

Buff two stats one point each

I'll be putting profiles up steadily.

Note on Reyn if anyone cares or wonders: his son is not from the ship that looks canon, I instead pair him with an OC. He may mention his boy, but this won't be a big thing.

I also ask, has anybody actually read the info dump site?

4 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

Okay guys! I have finally got all of mine up on the site, which is now in the OP. Note how spirits have no stats of their own. You can choose from:

Buff one stat two points

Buff two stats one point each

I'll be putting profiles up steadily.

Note on Reyn if anyone cares or wonders: his son is not from the ship that looks canon, I instead pair him with an OC. He may mention his boy, but this won't be a big thing.

I also ask, has anybody actually read the info dump site?

I've read it!

13 minutes ago, Hero_Lucina said:

I've read it!

Okay! Any thoughts on anything in particular? I like the little quirks I gave them but REYN'S ARACHNOPHOBIA IS CANON.

1 hour ago, Dragoncat said:

Okay! Any thoughts on anything in particular? I like the little quirks I gave them but REYN'S ARACHNOPHOBIA IS CANON.

I think they need a bit more images of what ocs look like in particular but it's good!

Also Shulk is afraid of caterpillars. 

10 hours ago, Hero_Lucina said:

Also Shulk is afraid of caterpillars. 

He is lol. But I don't blame him when the caterpiles look really ugly and gross.

I would include images of the OCs but I kinda suck at drawing...

I have some more fighter profiles.

Simon Belmont

SpoilerSpecies: Human

Strength: ****

Dexterity: **

Constitution: ***

Wisdom: ***

Appearance: A tall muscular man with dark blonde hair, blue eyes, and other manly features. Wears leather armor, boots, a brown cloth tunic, and a fancy headband. His Vampire Killer is a chain whip with a morning star ball on the end.

Personality: A headstrong individual, but not without his moments of caution (especially after he was afflicted and then cured of one of Dracula’s curses). He is seen as an epitome of masculinity by most of the cast, but he is tender on the inside. He is also a good teacher in combat, as would be seen through his daughter, Sonia II.

Backstory: Brought in as a fighter alongside his descendant Richter as a way to please his fans. He was put in a room with Ike. Unsurprisingly, the two became very good friends. He also was a newlywed with Serena when he received his invitation. She was simply a village maiden he fell in love with.

When Galeem arrived, he knew that he may not stand a chance. Alongside Richter, they attempted to get out of the way. Corrin tried her best to help, but they were all consumed by the light.

Related:

• Sonia Belmont II (Daughter)
  • Richter Belmont (Descendant)
  • Serena Piturca Belmont (Wife)
  • Ike (Roomate and buddy)
  • Dracula (Sworn nemesis)

Lucario

Spoiler

Species: Fighting/Steel-Type Pokémon

Strength: *** (**** w/max aura/as a Mega, ***** if both conditions are met)

Dexterity: **** (***** as a Mega)

Constitution: **

Appearance: A figure of an anthropomorphic jackal, with some semblance of the Egyptian god Anubis (neither are related to the other). Black dreadlocks cover the back of his head and neck. On his chest, there is a natural steel spike sticking out. Lucario’s fur is mostly blue and black on everywhere outside of the torso. Blonde fur covers the entirety of the torso.

Personality: A quiet individual, but often has moments of kindness, snark, and humor. His sense of humor is rather dry, but that is to be expected from someone who is usually serious. He can also see the auras of people and animals to determine their state of mind by their color (or combination of colors). This is what each color signify:

• Red: Anger
  • Orange: Stress
  • Yellow: Happiness
  • Green: Tranquility
  • Blue: Sadness
  • Purple: Arrogance
  • White: Purity
  • Black: Evil
  • Pink: Love towards him

He originally was not able to do this back when he was first a fighter during the Subspace conflict, but he developed it sooner or later.

Backstory: Lucario was brought in as a fighter during the Subspace Emissary, providing a decent role in its resolution. After the Brawl era ended, he was soon brought before Master Hand to be told the truth. Apparently, he was originally a Riolu in a land inhabited only by Pokémon. He supported a Vulpix (originally a human brought to the world as a Pokémon one day) in saving the world, but not before losing her when the conflict ended. He was informed that, in the library, this story was known as Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky. His world had been enveloped by the Subspace shortly before the Brawl era began, so he was a salvaged soul made into a trophy. He was then given his old red bandana from those days. From this, he regained these memories. It was an emotional day for him after that.

Fortunately, his roomate Lucina was able to help him, as she went through somewhat similar happenings. Later in the 4th era, he met a Ninetales just laying there on the ground, with no sign of where she came from. She was alive, luckily, and Lucario helped her up. They became friends from some conversations shortly after. Then, Lucario showed her the bandana. Ninetales then froze. It was later revealed that she was the Vulpix that once was Lucario’s best friend. They then remembered their nicknames: “Katrina” for Ninetales and “Syd” for Lucario. They soon bonded to a point where they became mates. Towards the end of the 4th era, they had a shiny Vulpix that they named Moondance.

When Galeem came, Lucario tried to dodge the light of Galeem, but was unsuccessful.

Related:

• Katrina (Mate)
  • Moondance (Son)
  • Lucina (Roomate)
  • Darkrai (Enemy?)

Here is a spirit profile for Soren, too.

Spoiler

Species: Branded (Black Dragon Laguz-Beorc Hybrid)

Stat Buffs: +2 Wisdom

Appearance: An average height man of dark green hair, red eyes, and a slim build. A scarier mark lies in his forehead. This is his “brand” from being the son of a Black Dragin Laguz and a bloodthirsty ruler of a Beorc. Wears a black set of robes. Wields a wind tome known as Wind’s Brand.

Personality: A reserved, cold, and cynical person. A brilliant tactician as well. He bears a slight dislike for Laguz, which may extend to other Laguz-like creatures. He is Ike’s most devoted friend. He is ambivalent to the small form of a spirit.

Backstory: He was the tactician for the Greil Mercenaries, granting his support through two large wars. He was still willing to serve Ike when he became a fighter in the roster.

Unfortunately, he was one of hundreds to simply fall against Galeem’s light. He soon was inserted into a Robin copy and placed in the western side of the land.

Would travel with what would later become Simon’s group. Wants to be back with the Greil mercenaries, but Ike more than anyone else.

Related

• Ike (Leader and friend)

One more for good measure with Viridi.

Spoiler

Species: Nature Goddess

Stat buffs: +1 Constitution, +1 Wisdom

Appearance: A Goddess whose humanoid appearance is that of a prepubescent child. Sports light blonde hair, hazel eyes, and a rose-themed dress of reds, purples, and magentas. There are some greens on her shoes and on the inside of her dress. Wears a thin crown and a flower pendant that holds her long hair in a ponytail. Wields a staff of stone and wood slightly taller than her body.

Personality: A well-intentioned extremist on the side of good. Has a disdain towards humanity for abusing the nature that she controls. She is a somewhat childish character, but is kind at heart. Harbors an eternal fury for her form as a spirit.

Backstory: Originally an enemy towards Pit and Palutena, she learned that having them as allies was better for nature. She provided support in the conflict to defeat Hades. During the 4th era, Viridi took in Dark Pit as her personal angel to Palutena’s Pit. She also recommended that Master Hand make Phosphora an assist trophy. She’s awaited that she’s one of the best in the games Phosphora has served in, and was proud of her for it.

Even as a Goddess, she was unable to escape Galeem’s wrath. Her spirit was placed into a Mii Swordfighter copy themed after her. Assisted by a Kirby representing her servant Cragalanche, Viridi was placed in the western side of the land as a Legendary spirit guarding some treasure.

Travels with Simon’s group. Pissed off at Galeem, she wants her wielders to kill Galeem ASAP.

Related

• Pit (Frenemy)
  • Palutena (Rival)
  • Dark Pit (Personal Angel)
  • Phosphora (High Servant)
  • Galeem (Her worst enemy right now. Worse than Hades)

Edit: It may be better to put these peeps (as well as Moondance and Kana) in Link’s group. Sophie can be somewhere in a group in the east (maybe a group led by Lucario?)

Edited by Azure in a Roundabout

1 hour ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

I have some more fighter profiles.

Simon Belmont

Reveal hidden contents

Strength: ****

Dexterity: **

Constitution: ***

Appearance: A tall muscular man with dark blonde hair, blue eyes, and other manly features. Wears leather armor, boots, a brown cloth tunic, and a fancy headband. His Vampire Killer is a chain whip with a morning star ball on the end.

Personality: A headstrong individual, but not without his moments of caution (especially after he was afflicted and then cured of one of Dracula’s curses). He is seen as an epitome of masculinity by most of the cast, but he is tender on the inside. He is also a good teacher in combat, as would be seen through his daughter, Sonia II.

Backstory: Brought in as a fighter alongside his descendant Richter as a way to please his fans. He was put in a room with Ike. Unsurprisingly, the two became very good friends. He also was a newlywed with Serena when he received his invitation. She was simply a village maiden he fell in love with.

When Galeem arrived, he knew that he may not stand a chance. Alongside Richter, they attempted to get out of the way. Corrin tried her best to help, but they were all consumed by the light.

Related:

• Sonia Belmont II (Daughter)
  • Richter Belmont (Descendant)
  • Serena Piturca Belmont (Wife)
  • Ike (Roomate and buddy)
  • Dracula (Sworn nemesis)

Lucario

Reveal hidden contents

Species: Fighting/Steel-Type Pokémon

Strength: *** (**** w/max aura/as a Mega, ***** if both conditions are met)

Dexterity: **** (***** as a Mega)

Constitution: **

Appearance: A figure of an anthropomorphic jackal, with some semblance of the Egyptian god Anubis (neither are related to the other). Black dreadlocks cover the back of his head and neck. On his chest, there is a natural steel spike sticking out. Lucario’s fur is mostly blue and black on everywhere outside of the torso. Blonde fur covers the entirety of the torso.

Personality: A quiet individual, but often has moments of kindness, snark, and humor. His sense of humor is rather dry, but that is to be expected from someone who is usually serious. He can also see the auras of people and animals to determine their state of mind by their color (or combination of colors). This is what each color signify:

• Red: Anger
  • Orange: Stress
  • Yellow: Happiness
  • Green: Tranquility
  • Blue: Sadness
  • Purple: Arrogance
  • White: Purity
  • Black: Evil
  • Pink: Love towards him

He originally was not able to do this back when he was first a fighter during the Subspace conflict, but he developed it sooner or later.

Backstory: Lucario was brought in as a fighter during the Subspace Emissary, providing a decent role in its resolution. After the Brawl era ended, he was soon brought before Master Hand to be told the truth. Apparently, he was originally a Riolu in a land inhabited only by Pokémon. He supported a Vulpix (originally a human brought to the world as a Pokémon one day) in saving the world, but not before losing her when the conflict ended. He was informed that, in the library, this story was known as Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky. His world had been enveloped by the Subspace shortly before the Brawl era began, so he was a salvaged soul made into a trophy. He was then given his old red bandana from those days. From this, he regained these memories. It was an emotional day for him after that.

Fortunately, his roomate Lucina was able to help him, as she went through somewhat similar happenings. Later in the 4th era, he met a Ninetales just laying there on the ground, with no sign of where she came from. She was alive, luckily, and Lucario helped her up. They became friends from some conversations shortly after. Then, Lucario showed her the bandana. Ninetales then froze. It was later revealed that she was the Vulpix that once was Lucario’s best friend. They then remembered their nicknames: “Katrina” for Ninetales and “Syd” for Lucario. They soon bonded to a point where they became mates. Towards the end of the 4th era, they had a shiny Vulpix that they named Moondance.

When Galeem came, Lucario tried to dodge the light of Galeem, but was unsuccessful.

Related:

• Katrina (Mate)
  • Moondance (Son)
  • Lucina (Roomate)
  • Darkrai (Enemy?)

Here is a spirit profile for Soren, too.

Reveal hidden contents

Species: Branded (Black Dragon Laguz-Beorc Hybrid)

Stat Buffs: +2 Wisdom

Appearance: An average height man of dark green hair, red eyes, and a slim build. A scarier mark lies in his forehead. This is his “brand” from being the son of a Black Dragin Laguz and a bloodthirsty ruler of a Beorc. Wears a black set of robes. Wields a wind tome known as Wind’s Brand.

Personality: A reserved, cold, and cynical person. A brilliant tactician as well. He bears a slight dislike for Laguz, which may extend to other Laguz-like creatures. He is Ike’s most devoted friend. He is ambivalent to the small form of a spirit.

Backstory: He was the tactician for the Greil Mercenaries, granting his support through two large wars. He was still willing to serve Ike when he became a fighter in the roster.

Unfortunately, he was one of hundreds to simply fall against Galeem’s light. He soon was inserted into a Robin copy and placed in the western side of the land.

Would travel with what would later become Simon’s group. Wants to be back with the Greil mercenaries, but Ike more than anyone else.

Related

• Ike (Leader and friend)

One more for good measure with Viridi.

Reveal hidden contents

Species: Nature Goddess

Stat buffs: +1 Constitution, +1 Wisdom

Appearance: A Goddess whose humanoid appearance is that of a prepubescent child. Sports light blonde hair, hazel eyes, and a rose-themed dress of reds, purples, and magentas. There are some greens on her shoes and on the inside of her dress. Wears a thin crown and a flower pendant that holds her long hair in a ponytail. Wields a staff of stone and wood slightly taller than her body.

Personality: A well-intentioned extremist on the side of good. Has a disdain towards humanity for abusing the nature that she controls. She is a somewhat childish character, but is kind at heart. Harbors an eternal fury for her form as a spirit.

Backstory: Originally an enemy towards Pit and Palutena, she learned that having them as allies was better for nature. She provided support in the conflict to defeat Hades. During the 4th era, Viridi took in Dark Pit as her personal angel to Palutena’s Pit. She also recommended that Master Hand make Phosphora an assist trophy. She’s awaited that she’s one of the best in the games Phosphora has served in, and was proud of her for it.

Even as a Goddess, she was unable to escape Galeem’s wrath. Her spirit was placed into a Mii Swordfighter copy themed after her. Assisted by a Kirby representing her servant Cragalanche, Viridi was placed in the western side of the land as a Legendary spirit guarding some treasure.

Travels with Simon’s group. Pissed off at Galeem, she wants her wielders to kill Galeem ASAP.

Related

• Pit (Frenemy)
  • Palutena (Rival)
  • Dark Pit (Personal Angel)
  • Phosphora (High Servant)
  • Galeem (Her worst enemy right now. Worse than Hades)

Edit: It may be better to put these peeps (as well as Moondance and Kana) in Link’s group. Sophie can be somewhere in a group in the east (maybe a group led by Lucario?)

Do you want Sonia in Link's group too?

This is taking awhile *collapses* I am putting stuff up though! Check the info dump site regularly...

Species groups are as follows, btw:

Smash Taxonomy by RubyDragonCat

I feel a need to explain the three types of humanoids.

Basic: Self explanatory mostly. Can have special traits like Robin's magic and god vessel status, Link and Zelda's triforce pieces, but if their biological function is identical to real world humans they go here.

Altered: These have biological differences that set their species apart. Homs like Shulk have an substance called ether, lifeforce basically, in their blood and other bodily fluids and they need it to survive, hence why Shulk and his crew have to take ether vitamins when away from their home. Corrin can transform into a dragon. Cloud was enhanced with goddess DNA, Snake would also be here but he's the clone of a regular human so he's still basic.

Divine: Somewhat like altered, but with a connection (or more of a connection) to deities or being a deity themselves.

Cheese's Profile

Spoiler

Species: Human

Strength: ***

Dexterity: ***

Constitution: ****

Wisdom: **

Tolerance for Bullshit: None. Especially incels. 

Appearance: Short Blonde hair that gets ruffled up a lot, pale skin, wears an orange tank top/crop top with a yellow skirt +yellow shorts underneath. She wears contacts to make her eyes gold because she thinks her blue ones make her look more like her mother.

Personality: Headstrong and always eager to fight, Cheese is not a normal princess who needs to have bodyguards. Her hammer does the talking for her. She does really care for her twin Plum and younger cousin Jade. 

Plum's Profile

Spoiler

Species: Human

Strength: (half an asterisk)

Dexterity: *

Constitution: (No asterisk)

Appearance: Brown hair with the outer bangs dyed purple, blue eyes and a scrawny build make up this older twin. He wears a sleeveless plum colored hoodie, jeans and tall purple hightops

Personality: This fill in doesn't know how to stomp goombas but he's made do with sheep and attempting to throw turtles by the tail. But he does know how to do more traditionally feminine stuff like bake, sew up any loose ends or make sure you don't die because your dumbass took on the Level 50 boss when your only level 5. Makes the best jokes out of the group

17 minutes ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

Bump to remind everyone, especially @ElectiveToast.

Hey, I've been pretty busy the past few days! I do have a new idea: spirits can lend their fighting skills/moves to the fighters or trainees to a certain extent. Like when I pick up Dunban down the line, he can give Shulk Blossom Dance. Not sure how further to explain this, I hope it makes sense.