March/April 2019 Special Heroes Silhouettes!

Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

Getting annoyed we're just recycling the same events when we could do something new. 

Will you support me for a Grooms Banner in Heroes?  Featuring Bartre, Largo, Sigurd, and Clive! :P:

. . .or maybe a seasonal banner with no alts?  Yeah, I like that.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think something like Fallen Heroes could have been a good way to make a seasonal banner. Alternates that exist in canon, I'd like. 

If people want them in funny suits, while that might not be my thing, I just feel we could at least mix it up and not just recycle the same theme every year. 

Are bunnies really all there is to 'spring'?

14 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Will you support me for a Grooms Banner in Heroes?  Featuring Bartre, Largo, Sigurd, and Clive! :P:

. . .or maybe a seasonal banner with no alts?  Yeah, I like that.

Groom Sigurd and Clive? Sign me up~ And I'll take Bartre for the lulz~

7 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

I think something like Fallen Heroes could have been a good way to make a seasonal banner. Alternates that exist in canon, I'd like. 

If people want them in funny suits, while that might not be my thing, I just feel we could at least mix it up and not just recycle the same theme every year. 

The bunnies are more specifically for Easter than Spring, but since they're not going to actually call it an Easter Banner, we just get Spring Bunnies~

12 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

Spring, IIRC, is associated with flowers.  And if I wanted to take that association to its fullest, we'd have four characters with bad pollen allergies.

I'll take the bunnies, thankyouverymuch.

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Spring, IIRC, is associated with flowers.  And if I wanted to take that association to its fullest, we'd have four characters with bad pollen allergies.

I'll take the bunnies, thankyouverymuch.

How about hanami? Even if it doesn't have any specific clothes associated with it, I'd welcome any opportunity to have more characters in traditional Japanese clothes like the weeb I am.

Just now, Thane said:

How about hanami? Even if it doesn't have any specific clothes associated with it, I'd welcome any opportunity to have more characters in traditional Japanese clothes like the weeb I am.

You just advocated flowers to someone who has seasonal allergies, BAN! :P:

The NY banners tend to be traditional Japanese, as was the newest all-dancer banner.  Heroes is a worldwide game, so I think we'd see complaints about "too much Japanese" in certain, non-SF places.  Alas, racism is still alive, and it sucks, because I'd kill for four Swordmasters in yukatas!

You just advocated flowers to someone who has seasonal allergies, BAN! :P:

Jokes on you, I'm allergic to bans; you'd have to ban yourself!

because I'd kill for four Swordmasters in yukatas!

Ooh, yes please.

I haven't yet had a top favorite character get to be a bunny yet. I liked the Askr bunnies and pulled for them last year, but they're not really top favorites. Maybe third year's the charm!

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

Anyway, AYRA AND LEX, LET'S GO!

(I can dream, dammit)

...Are you trying to inflict the Charlotte Curse on Lex? I'm mean sure she's almost a shoo-in for the next Fates NH, and Lex is high on the probability list for FE4 Gen 1 males, but getting a Seasonal alt and then more than a year later (nearly two I think) still not having one's non-Seasonal self in is still bad. If they have to consider Charlotte an Armor unit at this point so as to not outright replace her Bride self, so be it.

Sure. Perhaps a full beer mug with a nice thick head of foam for Largo's weapon, since his post-marital plans were to open a tavern. Nothing could be so refreshing- perhaps as a Dance/Sing or Rally that besides buffing allies, also debuffs nearby enemies?

Spring, IIRC, is associated with flowers. 

Can we get a Tome that summons a giant Venus Flytrap which snaps shut around the enemy? Or that long tube-shaped flower that lures insects in with sweet nectar, only to watch them slip and drown into the pool of digestive juices at the bottom? Perhaps Owain with Mistletoe (since Mystletainn is just Norse for Mistletoe) as a weapon- it is a parasitic plant- just make it work magically and viciously on humans.

54 minutes ago, eclipse said:

And if I wanted to take that association to its fullest, we'd have four characters with bad pollen allergies.

Do we have a surgical mask accessory yet? Japan is the land (and I think China too, for good reason- I once read China demanded a US embassy to stop giving daily air quality reports) where walking around in public with one on won't get you others' glares.

The NY banners tend to be traditional Japanese, as was the newest all-dancer banner.  Heroes is a worldwide game, so I think we'd see complaints about "too much Japanese" in certain, non-SF places.  Alas, racism is still alive, and it sucks, because I'd kill for four Swordmasters in yukatas!

We already have Onsens, Yukatas, and East Asian New Years' banners. To be fair, Halloween and Easter are very Western Seasonals. While Christmas, Valentine's and Bridal are Western things lovingly adopted by Japan (but no KFC = no Japanese Xmas). Swimsuits transcend the world.

Nonetheless, I think distinct Seasonal banners from around the world would be cool, a little cultural learning is fun. Can we have Holi? The Hindu Spring festival where in the modern day people throw colors at each for fun? Purim from Judaism- the holiday where, in the short summary of it, you're supposed to drink until you can't tell the difference between good and evil. Carnaval and Dia de Los Muertos from Brazil and Mexico respectively. And I'm sure there is yet more fun to be had.

1 minute ago, MetalAmethyst said:

Will they likely release a teaser for it tonight?

Yes, guaranteed. It will be in approximately five and a half hours.

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

...Are you trying to inflict the Charlotte Curse on Lex? I'm mean sure she's almost a shoo-in for the next Fates NH, and Lex is high on the probability list for FE4 Gen 1 males, but getting a Seasonal alt and then more than a year later (nearly two I think) still not having one's non-Seasonal self in is still bad. If they have to consider Charlotte an Armor unit at this point so as to not outright replace her Bride self, so be it.

I think he'll eventually make it in, since axe paladins aren't exactly a mainstay, and he was the first!

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Nonetheless, I think distinct Seasonal banners from around the world would be cool, a little cultural learning is fun. Can we have Holi? The Hindu Spring festival where in the modern day people throw colors at each for fun? Purim from Judaism- the holiday where, in the short summary of it, you're supposed to drink until you can't tell the difference between good and evil. Carnaval and Dia de Los Muertos from Brazil and Mexico respectively. And I'm sure there is yet more fun to be had.

World celebration would be great!  Though I'm not sure how it would be justified in the paralogue - maybe a festival that showcases other festivals, as seen in stories?  That would be really cool from my end, though it may increase my work load by a non-trivial amount.  Real-world policies tend to result in some rather sticky posts.

3 hours ago, Yexin said:

yeah i doubt that's eirika

she's not camilla, after all, so it's implausible for her to get 2 seasonal alts in such a short period of time

Even Camilla hasn't gotten any seasonal alts this close together, at least so far. Azura has, though: her 3 months between her PA and NY versions is the current record, and that's about the same as the time since Winter Eirika right now.

The ones after Azura are Xander (~4 months), Ryoma (~5.5), Camilla (~6.3, twice), and Kagero (~6.6). All Fates characters, although Robin joins them if you count the male/female versions as the same character, which you shouldn't. (Corrin also joins them in that case.)

So there's some precedent, but the only particularly close ones are Fates characters and were all the way back in 2017. I don't think we're getting another Eirika here.

5 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, and that asshole literally only has three lines to date, two of which are just:

”You.”

”My name is Lif.”

And yet he got like 16th in CYL3. It’s times like this where I feel democracy was a mistake.

I can't hate him because there isn't something to hate (at least for now), but his design is so out there that I can't do anything but love it.

It is not my favourite nor it is the best by far but it is like a Devil May Cry through the lens of Fire Emblem.

Also I like Kozaki's designs but I am clearly biased.

Hmmm. There's that weird cowlick bang thingy in the female's hairstyle.... It's also waist length.... I'm thinking

I'm actually getting a feeling that the female is either Ayra or Karla. But it could be any of these:

• Micaiah
  • Eirika
  • Mia
  • Female Corrin
  • Lachesis
  • Caeda
  • Palla
  • Ayra
  • Karla

As for the guys, it's hard to tell with the costume change, but that collar... The hair looks quite short and well kept, but i can't tell which way his head is facing. If I had to guess...

• Leo (probably not him)
  • Seth
  • Reinhardt
  • Quan
  • Lukas
  • Berkut

Hmmm. I guess we'll find out soon.

(Edit: lol i forgot berkut)

Edited by TheTuckingFypo

42 minutes ago, Othin said:

although Robin joins them if you count the male/female versions as the same character, which you shouldn't. (Corrin also joins them in that case.)

i do

in fact, i wonder why i shouldn't

they play the exact same role, they have the same personality, they're literally the same character except that one is male and one is female

but this is not the place to discuss this

at least we agree on the fact that the girl's not eirika

Edited by Yexin

30 minutes ago, Yexin said:

i do

in fact, i wonder why i shouldn't

they play the exact same role, they have the same personality, they're literally the same character except that one is male and one is female

but this is not the place to discuss this

at least we agree on the fact that the girl's not eirika

My reasoning is that the game treats them as separate, such as them each having their Catalog of Heroes profiles grouped separately and that they get similar versions in parallel, often at the same or similar times. For example, Morgan, Kana, and Corrin have each gotten two versions on or alongside the same banner, something that's never happened anywhere else. Therefore, for any predictive purposes, we shouldn't conflate them with characters the game does treat as the same.

You're right that this isn't the best place, though. We could continue this in the general discussion thread if you'd like.

To be fair, I am more curious about the skills and weapon/movement type combination than what characters will be chosen for  the banner. I want to see what will be the gimmick of their weapons, since each  Seasonal Banner has a gimmick, like Spectral Bond in the 2019 Valentine's Heroes or Guard on the 2018 Halloween's Heroes.

It's pretty rare when my reason to summon on a banner is the character itself. A good example of this is Tharja. I am not a huge Tharja fan, I even didn't use her the first time I played Awakening (actually, I killed her instead of recruting her), but Winter Tharja was a character that I really wanted because of her skillset and stats, despite armored units are my least favorite type of units.  

Legendary Marth and Kaden are exceptions, because both are characters that I really like and their gimmick are great: L!Marth having Bonus Doubler in his weapon and being a great dragon killer, and Kaden having "Drive Bonus Doubler" in his weapon for a great supportive role.

I wonder if we'll get the trailer tonight or if they'll wait until the night before.  It's nice to have a day to savor it before the actual banner, rather than sometimes going to sleep before even knowing who's going to be on it.

26 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I wonder if we'll get the trailer tonight or if they'll wait until the night before.  It's nice to have a day to savor it before the actual banner, rather than sometimes going to sleep before even knowing who's going to be on it.

I don't think they've every not had the trailer the day after the silhouette teases so there's 99% chance it's tonight