March/April 2019 Special Heroes Arrive! Regal Rabbits!

Anacybele

Spoiler

Pretty good across the board (except for maybe Bruno, 35 Def isn't good enough to tank and his Res is pathetic). 

Loki's stats aren't the greatest but they are workable and she makes up for it with her unique class. 

Veronica's spread is a little weaker than flying Nino (trades 2 Spd for 2 Atk, personally I value the Spd more) but considering Nino's pretty ridiculous that means Veronica is nothing short of great. 

Palla seems like the winner here. She's pretty much anti-Surtr with that high Atk and her Spd is good enough to deal good damage to other greens. Being a dagger puts her in a weird spot in terms of weapon options but she'll be fine with her default, after all green is the most common color for armors. I'm pretty sure she'd do crazy stuff with Sturdy Impact and the Darting Blow seal.

Marisa is the weakest of the bunch despite her good stats. Overcrowed class, hard to merge, only beats Shigure by 1 Spd, nothing noteworthy skill-wise. She's cute, though. 

I said it before but Bruno's stats don't mesh well. He's a little better than Marisa because there's never enough Pain+ Dazzling+Wrathful cavalry healers unlike lance fliers but he's pretty much at the bottom of the class. His Spd is wonky so he isn't doubling anytime soon, his Atk is barely passable, his Def is his only good thing but it means little when he's getting doubled by everyone and their mothers (if only he was an armor like W!Eirika to abuse Wary Fighter) and his Res is unsalvageable so he'll get OHKO'd/ORKO'd by any mage.  

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Kaden With Bruno's stats as they are, I'm now fairly sure they've split bows from tomes and staves for the purpose of determining stats. He has the same stat modifiers as Soren and Mist, meaning Gen 3 magical ranged cavalry should have the same stats as Gen 2 ranged cavalry.

EDIT: Loki and Palla also have boosted stats compared to Gen 2 ranged fliers whereas Veronica does not. Looks like they really are splitting it between physical and magical ranged units now for fliers and cavalry.

Edited by Ice Dragon

49 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

EDIT 2:

Disarm Trap

Reveal hidden contents

Is locked to daggers only.

Look at all the icons! :p

Spoiler

And bunny Loki skills.

Spoiler

Wow, Loki actually seems really good for a free unit. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I might keep her for that reason alone. I also did always think she was pretty, it's just that every time I look at her, I feel like she's shoving her breasts in my face, especially with this art. Doesn't help that she wears pretty revealing clothing in her normal look either.

And seriously, how do these females with boobs like these not have any back pain?

Palla looks great! I really really hope I get her.

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I also did always think she was pretty, it's just that every time I look at her, I feel like she's shoving her breasts in my face, especially with this art. Doesn't help that she wears pretty revealing clothing in her normal look either.

And seriously, how do these females with boobs like these not have any back pain?

Likewise. Shrink her bust size to about half of what it is now, change her personality to be more polite and considerate than it is at present, and give her something modest to wear. If these changes were made, I'd actually like her, most likely.

4 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Likewise. Shrink her bust size to about half of what it is now, change her personality to be more polite and considerate than it is at present, and give her something modest to wear. If these changes were made, I'd actually like her, most likely.

I actually don't mind her personality too much. It's her design I don't like at all barring her hair and face.

Spoiler

Loki looks alright as a unit. At least for a free flying Colorless Bow, though that's not a point against her since Hinoka and Takumi are just that good.

Marisa, compared to other Flying Lances, sacrifices the least Attack for her high Speed potential while retaining a reasonable level of bulk. To the mass of FEH players, that probably doesn't mean anything since her rivals are almost all in the normal summoning pool, but I can see her getting her share of use in the hands of someone willing to pull her.

Palla looks exceptionally strong. I can see it, give her a +Atk asset, a +Atk forge, Death Blow 4, and an Atk +3 SS to really lay down the pain for any armor in her way, not just the Green ones.

Veronica is slightly stronger than Pale Flower Nino, but slightly slower. Her weapon ensures she is both stronger, faster, and bulkier while healthy, but it doesn't combo with Desperation at all, so Veronica will need to use a different B passive...

Bruno... I can kinda see what they were doing with Bruno, but honestly I don't think it works all that well. It'd be better if he had more Attack, but he won't be leaving many dents even with Atk/Def Push active. And Ovoid Staff... to be honest, I kinda wish the HP recovery effect was 2 ranged instead of 1.

Edited by Xenomata

7 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

But it just wouldn't be Loki anymore.

It's unfortunate but I will not be pulling for Bruno. A bit too slow for my liking.

Also, I'm glad Veronica didn't dethrone Nino as the fastest green mage flier.

Edited by Flying Shogi

50 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

I no fan of her either but this is a bad move. Removing a character of her sexuality if it is part of him/her is bad:

the problem is that she is not given enough spotlight and characterization, with that her obviously sexual tone can be avoided or even better make her a lot more interesting for a FE standards villainous character (to be fair we don't know if she is a villan or not but she has her own agenda).

Want to do her more interesting? Easy, make her some kind of timeless eldritch abomination like her Paralogue with Young Azura seemed to imply.

That will make her flirtatious and unapologetic personality freaking creepy.

Also I think fanservice is fine but it should be aimed for both parts of the spectrum (there people who like man and all that), make more units like Summer Frederick (Bruno is totally fine but it is becoming the exception lately).

Edited by Silafante

28 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Likewise. Shrink her bust size to about half of what it is now, change her personality to be more polite and considerate than it is at present, and give her something modest to wear.

I'm sorry. You probably didn't intend anything by it, but asking that a female villain be more "polite and considerate" honestly sounds rather creepy. Do you ask the same of Sutr? Or Hellbindi? (if we count anti-villains) Especially since Loki isn't even that rude. Just a troll, and I don't see how that's a bad trait of someone who is supposed to antagonize you. There's a place for "polite" villains, but their consideration has to have limits or else... well they aren't villains. Loki is already straddling the line of potentially being more grey aligned anyway. Personally, asking for someone named after a morally flexible trickster god to be "more polite and considerate" seems silly.

As for her original design: I don't even mind fanservice itself a lot of the time (since I can appreciate some of it myself), but Loki is just such a blatant appeal to horny teenage boys, it's not even funny. Some people use the "she does it on purpose to trick people." argument, but A) Loki does nothing on purpose, she is fictional. and B) it's never played as anything but sweet, non-subversive eye candy. Loki never actually seduces anyone for purposes of trickery. Her flirtation with Kiran has never been used as a ploy. It's just there to attract a specific audience to the game and nothing else. 

I don't care what Loki looks like. Sure it's not something I particularly like, but I could overlook appearances enough if I like a character.

I just plain hate Loki's personality.

Quite the unexpected turn of events, seeing Flier Formation at 4*, given out for free and easily accessible for further copies. I admit, I didn't see it coming (still, not gonna praise the Grails system as a good way of doing a skill shop) and will definitely come in handy. First one goes to L!Azura, because the most potent dancer needs all the skills for all the situations. After that, I'll probably put it on a few other units of my flier defense team in AR.

After after seeing the stats I don’t think I’ll pull for Marisa. She just doesn’t do anything to stand out among the crowd and being seasonal means harder to merge compared to her competition.

Bruno’s stats are also a letdown. His def is great but with no spd to avoid doubles he’ll still have trouble taking any hits. His atk is also pretty low and res is unredeemable. I’ll pull the freebie and any other colorless that might be in that session but then wait until the Bonds banner is out (cuz it might have Owain) before deciding whether to roll on him or not but even then I’ll only be rolling for fodder now that I see his stats.

Loki is the worst flying archer but a flying archer is a flying archer so I’m ok with her and for what it’s worth she has the best bulk so she might take a hit.

2 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Lucked out with this banner! Here are the results of my first session:

image0.png

Got the Palla on free summon and she's +Res/-Def. Bruno is +Atk/-HP.

Now, that is awesome.

got mage eirika on my free summon, then spring veronica immediately after the former

i already liked paula a lot, but after seeing her stats now i really want to get her

also i really like loki's spread, even though i'll probably change her whole skillset

Edited by Yexin