March/April 2019 Special Heroes Arrive! Regal Rabbits!

Anacybele

9 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

I’ve seen worse. With as much anime trash as I’ve seen, you start to get desensitized to it. I mean seriously if you think that’s bad go look at the character designs for stuff like “how to not summon a demon lord” or if you really wanna see “ecchi that should be hentai” you should watch “rasario + vampire” or “to love ru” now those shows are the pinnacle of soft corr hentai.

The lingerie armor and fetishy accessories are expected at this point. I’m shocked they went for the full cameltoe. 

Edited by Shoblongoo

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

The lingerie armor and fetishy accessories are expected at this point. I’m shocked they went for the full cameltoe. 

Yeah I’ll admit that is a bit too risqué for FE standards and it even caught me off guard a little but it was nothing I wasn’t used to. Seriously after learning about that “toothbrush” scene from the monogatari franchise, nothing surprises me anymore. There are no depths to which these people won’t sink. Like if a manga like fairy tail can get away with a literal dominatrix rape/torture fetish scene. FE can get away with this.

Edited by Ottservia

34 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

You're a lot more conservative than I gave you credit for.

3 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Sorry this turned into something of a rant, but since people seemed to need clarification on what is my own opinion and not an executive decision being made by someone in IS, I felt I should clarify. Provided this doesn't continue, I'll go back to keeping my non-positive opinions to myself as well as I can.

This is where I disagree: 

If you have an opinion as long as all of us can keep the conversation like people and arguing without trying to hurt people in a delivered sense we can (and my opinion must) talk with other people because if not everyone will stay in his/her zone of comfort and we won't make any progress like this.

So please if you have an opinion I would love to hear it.

My opinion is that both parts (the one who like males and the ones who like females) can enjoy a little of exaggerated sexuality from time to time (if they are mature enough to understand that it is unrealistic and stupid fun, like Michael Bay movies).

I mean I have people drooling over Hawkeye and I can't say I blame them because even if any of this is my cup of tea (the ubersexuality) I find that being a little depraved with all those fictional characters is fine.

Edited by Silafante

57 minutes ago, Silafante said:

My opinion is that both parts (the one who like males and the ones who like females) can enjoy a little of exaggerated sexuality from time to time (if they are mature enough to understand that it is unrealistic and stupid fun, like Michael Bay movies).

Tolerate, maybe. Enjoy, nah.

1 hour ago, Silafante said:

What about those that do not particularly enjoy either?

I am one of the oddballs who really hates seeing sexual fanservice anywhere, but I also realize that I am far from the target audience for many of these things so I generally try not to complain about it because I know it's not aimed at me.

That said, what I do have a problem with is when the fanservice starts running into and fucking over the tone, plot, and characters of whatever it is I'm trying to enjoy. Which is kind of why I have such an issue with characters like Loki and Camilla. I'll probably never like their personality, but I'd be fine with them as characters if they were super relevant and actual threats. They're, uh, not. Even if there are interesting undertones to their characters, their primary purpose is to be sexual fanservice and it's quite a bit of wasted potential.

9 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

What about those that do not particularly enjoy either?

That is a fair complaint, to be fair I am kinda "meh" (neither like it nor hate it) about the situation so in my opinion I can shrug it off.

To be fair I think all of this it could be make with more taste so I can understand that point of view.                The inherent sexuality of people and characters is something you can do with certain class and refinement, that tempers the fanservice and even can give characters a little bit of more depth (like Sonia in Echoes or Chrom in Awakening).

If you like fanservice, fine.  Whether you're into chests or butts, there's something out there for you.

If you don't like fanservice, fine.  There's well-dressed characters that aren't flaunting their bodies.

Regardless, I think this has gone on long enough.

I think this is a subject worth discussing and I think we are mature enough to do it in a educated manner.

But in the end you are the mod, so if you think it would be better to close it for good it is up to you.

8 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Even then, it wouldn't be so bad if they actually covered up. I have a large bust myself, and because I don't want people ogling me because I don't sell my body cheaply (free = cheap), I wear something called a shirt. Also support (not that I don't get sores on my sides from said support, but it's better than my bone structure sliding out of place.)

Really, I wish that there were large-chested women in fantasy who took a similar stance. It's annoying how having a large bust seems to mean you HAVE to flaunt it everywhere all the time whether the people around want it (and then equate you to just your body) or don't want it (and don't respect you because all they can see is what you're putting out there, which is your body.) There will always be people who want to show off their gigantic busts. Fine; whatever. But why is there basically NO representation of any other stance held by said busty women in fantasy? As one myself, I find it annoying.

Sorry this turned into something of a rant, but since people seemed to need clarification on what is my own opinion and not an executive decision being made by someone in IS, I felt I should clarify. Provided this doesn't continue, I'll go back to keeping my non-positive opinions to myself as well as I can.

See, this isn't an easy thing you are asking. Because even if they did it, you wouldn't notice. If a woman wears proper armor? How can you tell if she has a D-cup or an A-cup when she is wearing full armor? We had no clue how big Cecilia and Titania were until they took off her armor. In a similar way, you would have no idea that Peri has the same size as Camilla and Kagero until you take her to the bath house, or the costumization/accessory place and discover the truth. It's a situation in which if you do a bad job everyone knows, but if you do a good job nobody notices.

The worst offender to me is Sheena, a minor character from Mystery of the Emblem, who has been not that popular in Heroes, if not for being an easily mergeable armor. But the card game gave us art of her in princess clothing, and behoooold, she is stacked. One could theorize she was, since she is a badass, tall woman and if the "Boobs of Steel" trope taught me anything is that badass = huge chest. Once we suspected it, now we know it.

And one particular comment said it all "if this was her art in Heroes, she would be way more popular" and that is the sad truth. Her personality would be the same, but people would have two big reasons to pull for her.

If they were real life fashion models, not fictional characters, Sheena would be way less popular than her colleague Camilla, simply because she would refuse to pose for provocative, risqué shoots.

Moving over, as you said, they could just wear a shirt instead of armor. That way you can see she has a big chest, without really seeing the big chest. I think regular Tana is a good example of this in Heroes. She has as much boobs as Kagero, but does not shove them in your face. What do you think of her? Is she close to how you would represent big breasted women if you were in charge?

EDIT.: Oh oh, I just now read the rest of the posts and noticed the request to drop the argument. But I took so much time writing this down I don't want to delete it. What do I do now?

._.

Edited by GrandeRampel

23 hours ago, TheWill said:

I actually wonder which ones better...

Tbh, I thought Flying Nino couldn't be outclassed, but +4 to all stats is preeeetty good. 

The thing is, before I got Panne. I used Silas who was S rank with Nino. I would use Silas to get Nino in a safe place after she attacked. now that I have Panne, I have no reason for Silas. So Nino's S-rank with him is useless. 

13 minutes ago, TheWildestCat said:

The thing is, before I got Panne. I used Silas who was S rank with Nino. I would use Silas to get Nino in a safe place after she attacked. now that I have Panne, I have no reason for Silas. So Nino's S-rank with him is useless. 

Panne would lose her transformation after being next to Nino though?

Even if both are the same colour horses they still have different roles, Silas is bulkier while Panne is a speedier anti-cav.

Sucks about the S support thing but that can easily be grinded again.

Simliar thing with the Nino vs Veronica thing, if you like using Desperation mages, (or prefer Spd to Atk) Nino would probably function better as Veronica's weapon prefers higher health. Either way, having two similar units can still be useful for things like Blessed Gardens or AA

7 hours ago, eclipse said:

You're a lot more conservative than I gave you credit for.

I'm not offended by it. I'm just genuinely surprised that they went there; its a line they hadn't crossed and that I didn't think they were going to. 

...anyways...on a different note...

The thing about this banner that actually bothers me is the release of seasonal alt Bruno with  a spring festival gimmick costume and weapon before an actual "Bruno," because they've done this twice now. (V-Day Griel)

And it bothered me when they did it to Griel; I thought Griel as a character deserved to be introduced to the game as "Griel"--just vanilla Griel--before they started messing around with alts and gimmicks. 

It would be like if Tana's first introduction to the game was her summer swimsuit model with the beach accessories, before we got actual FE8, Vidofnir-wielding "Tana." Very disrespectful to the character. 

I don't actually care about Bruno as a character. But I was hoping Griel would be a one-of and that they weren't going to make a habit out of doing this.

The fact that they did it again with Bruno means that they're probably going to keep doing it. And I'm going to be really, really disappointed if certain characters that haven't been introduced to Heroes yet start getting that treatment. 

14 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

I don't actually care about Bruno as a character. But I was hoping Griel would be a one-of and that they weren't going to make a habit out of doing this.

Uhh.... you know they started this long ago on the female side with Charlotte, right? And then last year they did the same with Noire?

Also, it's Greil, not Griel, e before i if you don't want by Urvan to die.

39 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

Should I be concerned for the future of seasonal banners that the past spring banners haven’t shown up?

I don't believe so, give it a few more days.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Uhh.... you know they started this long ago on the female side with Charlotte, right? And then last year they did the same with Noire

Completely forgot about both of them, tbh

2 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

Completely forgot about both of them, tbh

I would also like to add that the dream version of Mikoto not only counts because she was added before the normal, yumi wielding, queen of Hoshido version, or even the evil, boss fight version that at least exists in Fates, but it counts double bevause that was a F#CKING New Heroes banner!

Mikoto has a non-seasonal alt before the regular version. Veronica is the same, but at least they were obligated to do her like that because of the votes.

3 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

I would also like to add that the dream version of Mikoto not only counts because she was added before the normal, yumi wielding, queen of Hoshido version, or even the evil, boss fight version that at least exists in Fates, but it counts double bevause that was a F#CKING New Heroes banner!

Mikoto has a non-seasonal alt before the regular version. Veronica is the same, but at least they were obligated to do her like that because of the votes.

Okay fine--I amend my previous statement.

Bruno is the second time they've done this since they did it to a character that I actually care about.  

51 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

I would also like to add that the dream version of Mikoto not only counts because she was added before the normal, yumi wielding, queen of Hoshido version

Staff is a better fit for her though. Since in the Revelation battle, all she is using is a generic Silver Yumi, not even the 1-2 ranged enemy-only variant called a Hankyu, and she can't use the Pursuer in her inventory because Priestess caps at B Bows/Yumi.

Yet another sign of the laziness of Revelation. They had no probs programming Iago a Staff rank on Conquest despite the Sorcerer class not having one at all, and yet they couldn't have programmed two extra Bow ranks for Mikoto. Or boss convos with most or all of the Hoshido royals and her former retainers.

1 hour ago, Shoblongoo said:

It would be like if Tana's first introduction to the game was her summer swimsuit model with the beach accessories, before we got actual FE8, Vidofnir-wielding "Tana." Very disrespectful to the character. 

I'm with you on wanting and preferring the normal versions of character getting added into the game over coming as random seasonal alts, but I wouldn't say it's "disrespectful" to their characters. This is a light-hearted gatcha spin off game, and not unlike the increased fanservice in general, alts and gimmicks are a big part of how these games work. Pretty much anyone is fair game to be put into a silly outfit or swimsuit with a gacha, so I just accept this type of game for what it is. And doing so with otherwise unreleased characters is just another strategy for IS to mix things up.

I'm still waiting for regular Charlotte, but I don't mind she got that random bride alt the first year. (I do mind that I never managed to get her, though)

33 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I'm with you on wanting and preferring the normal versions of character getting added into the game over coming as random seasonal alts, but I wouldn't say it's "disrespectful" to their characters. This is a light-hearted gatcha spin off game, and not unlike the increased fanservice in general, alts and gimmicks are a big part of how these games work. Pretty much anyone is fair game to be put into a silly outfit or swimsuit with a gacha, so I just accept this type of game for what it is. And doing so with otherwise unreleased characters is just another strategy for IS to mix things up.

I'm still waiting for regular Charlotte, but I don't mind she got that random bride alt the first year. (I do mind that I never managed to get her, though)

exactly. 

and i'm with you. I adore Charlotte - and i have no issues that she was an alt first before we see her butt kicking broken axe slinging self in the game (also as a demote +10 dreams, and I can't afford to whale). Truly, these events is what helps IS pay the bills.I have a lot of favourite units I'd like to see in the game (period) and I have a long list of units I'd like to see as an alt i always figure, it's a win when i don't want anything on the banner, because it helps me save my orbs, for what I do want, 

I'm just bummed i can't go for Palla, because, Lazura, (and my hope that a FlyOlivia banner will FINALLY happen without a colour block)
(and April's DC fodder.... annd. annd. annd....)

legit need a job that pays me enough to whale....

4 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

legit need a job that pays me enough to whale....

If I could afford to whale, I could afford to buy a gaming PC with like an Nth Metal professor and half the games worth playing in existence.

I hate that I’m so attached to this game.

2 hours ago, Alastor15243 said:

Should I be concerned for the future of seasonal banners that the past spring banners haven’t shown up?

The TT log in starts tomorrow and last year's spring banner is going to count as the TT banner, so I would say that reruns start tomorrow.

2 hours ago, Alastor15243 said:

The majority of seasonal banner reruns don't start at the same time as the new banner. The only reruns that have started at the same time as the corresponding new banner are the Winter and New Year banner reruns.