March/April 2019 Special Heroes Arrive! Regal Rabbits!

Anacybele

16 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

If Palla were a real person and she decided to wear that outfit, I'd be all "you go, gurl" but the way it is, it's just irritating to see a character I adore reduced to basically just tits because apparently she's not good enough otherwise.

I mean that's kind of the point of seasonal alts in general. Every character on here is being reduced to "just tits" or in bruno's case washboard abs but you get the idea. Veronica is being reduced to cute kuudere loli and that's fine. The whole point of these banners is to cater to the lowest common denominator. So why fight the degeneracy? I say we embrace it.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Aww, that would have been cute~

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Aw man, that sounds so cute! I wish the English trailer had done the same thing. But hopefully they still have English lines where they comment on each other's outfits anyway.

For anyone wondering,

Bruno: ヴェロニカのウサギ姿… 褒めるべきか… それとも…?
"Veronica's bunny outfit... Should I be complimenting her... or...?"

Veronica: お兄様のウサギ姿… かっこいい
"Onii-sama in a bunny outfit... looks cool"

Chances are the lines are still in their stat screen tap lines, but it would've been so much better to include them in the trailer.

Edited by Ice Dragon

7 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Hope so, I want to steal it

Seasonal TT unit's weapon always have the same effect or similar effect found in one of the units in the banner, and the Stats+2 is the easier pick.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Barring Palla obviously, I didn't know you liked any of them, that's cool! Though Ranulf is my favorite laguz, Lethe is only third behind Tibarn. Also, I always thought you just plain didn't like Ike period. But I guess that's only RD Ike. I prefer PoR Ike's writing myself, but I prefer his RD self for design and a few of his lines and badassery. Getting sarcastic with Deghinsea, nearly getting duped by Aimee, saying Shinon wouldn't tell him he smelled smoke if he was on fire, and asking Oliver to go back to the enemies are all just gold. lol But not liking his lack of development and all is understandable, since as I said, PoR Ike did get the better writing.

Yup I like all of them, and I like Tibarn and Ranulf too (Tibarn especially). And yeah, I really like Ike in PoR, it's just his RD self I dislike. I'm a writer, and I mean that literally; I am actually studying creative writing as a career path. And Ike's lack of development in RD just irks me. But PoR Ike is great.

And I do agree with everyone saying we need more guys in Heroes. There's so many that are being completely left in the dust for...reasons? Like, the last Blazing Blade banner for example: Karla is a great unit, but why exactly was she chosen over the popular Pent, or why was she on the banner and the popular Canas was made a TT unit? Oh well, I guess.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Also, one thing always confused me about Veronica and Bruno. Why is the former light skinned and the latter dark? This doesn't really occur in blood siblings unless their parents are a biracial couple or they're half siblings with one sibling having a parent of a different race. It's very very rare otherwise. I'd like to know if Bruno and Veronica actually have biracial parents or are half siblings. Their skin colors don't make a whole lot of sense otherwise.

Different parents, Veronica is the legitimate heir and Bruno is not despite being older

14 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

We have been getting some interesting TT reward units: armored colorless dagger, flying colorless dagger, blue flying beast, blue cavalry beast and now flying colorless archer. I like it. Curious to see what will be Spring Loki's 4* skill.

@Sunwoo First male staff user since  Lucius. That's surprising that took 2 years to get another one.

Well, I meant seasonal male staff user.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

For anyone wondering,

Chances are the lines are still in their stat screen tap lines, but it would've been so much better to include them in the trailer.

Man, I agree, that would've been better to include them in the English trailer!

3 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Yup I like all of them, and I like Tibarn and Ranulf too (Tibarn especially). And yeah, I really like Ike in PoR, it's just his RD self I dislike. I'm a writer, and I mean that literally; I am actually studying creative writing as a career path. And Ike's lack of development in RD just irks me. But PoR Ike is great.

And I do agree with everyone saying we need more guys in Heroes. There's so many that are being completely left in the dust for...reasons? Like, the last Blazing Blade banner for example: Karla is a great unit, but why exactly was she chosen over the popular Pent, or why was she on the banner and the popular Canas was made a TT unit? Oh well, I guess.

That's a good path! I write sometimes myself, though my degree choice is graphics design. I might one day be a one-hit-wonder author though, who knows? I have been considering an idea for an original book.

Yeah, guys are getting the short end of the stick too much imo. Another choice that annoyed me was making Groom Marth a TT unit when he totally would've made some money. It feels like IS thinks that no matter how popular a guy is, boobs are more desirable. :/

22 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Cons:

- Judgral.......when?

Next up is Bridals! Want to see Julia in her mother's old wedding (to Arvis) gown? 

And for the token groom, just take this:

Spoiler

Sigurd

And replace the sword with a rose. Sigroom would be excellent man candy.

Just trying to think optimistically again. Better to do so than not. Even if the next Seasonal was Halloween and we still had no Jugdrali Seasonals, I'd try to conceive of something like Headless Horseman Eldigan that'd be feasible.

18 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

First male staff user since  Lucius. That's surprising that took 2 years to get another one.

Wow. Although Lucius shouldn't even count as a man with how they botched his art.

9 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

The whole point of these banners is to cater to the lowest common denominator. So why fight the degeneracy? I say we embrace it.

Then give me my speedos!

Let's not go down that rabbit hole again. At least not for now.

On a side note for voice clips, I like the one they picked for Marisa in the Japanese trailer way more than the English one, too.

Here's clip they used in the Japanese one:

Marisa: 今は、ウサギ。そういう格好。
"I'm a bunny. That's what this outfit is called."

In her typical deadpan.

Palla also presumably uses a different clip for each trailer (since they don't seem to correspond to each other in content), but both sound fine.

I want Groom Freddy! I'm biased and think he's best husband, but honestly, even if I didn't love him so much, I think he's a great candidate for a groom outfit because he already dresses in suits regularly. This is so his thing! So if I had to pick just one more alt for him to get, it'd totally either be this or a Halloween Freddy dressed as a bear with a beast-like weapon.

He's also due for another alt anyway imo. He hasn't had one for almost two years now.

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Let's not go down that rabbit hole again. At least not for now.

I hope to naga that pun was intentional but yeah let's not get into that here

Edited by Ottservia

32 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

For anyone wondering,

Awww, hope it's in the Tap Lines~

Also, saw this on Reddit

Can you clarify if there's a translation error in the wording for the English Description?

Looks like Taliesin Jaffe's taking over Bruno for his Critical Role pal Travis. And appropriately enough, he's a healer. :P

Probably gonna skip due to my lack of interest in goofy outfits, but I find Marisa's deadpan line and Veronica's "I am a rabbit" hilarious.

also halloween frederick should be a zombie with a replica of lissa's axe "through his body" because that warriors glitch was hilarious

1 minute ago, Landmaster said:

Can you clarify if there's a translation error in the wording for the English Description?

It's most accurately "neutralizes status effects that disable follow-up and skill effects that disable follow-up".

22 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Marisa: 今は、ウサギ。そういう格好。
"I'm a bunny. That's what this outfit is called."

I thought it was more like “I’m a bunny now. Such is the way I dress.” Which sounds even more deadpan.

6 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Welp, here's Loki:

Reveal hidden contents

I kinda dig the art except for the damaged one, that one looks bad if you ask me.

I feel dirty just looking at it. She looks like she came out of a bdsm AO rated game.

Ack, Palla and Marisa are both on this banner? While that is very tempting to me I am going to have to resist the temptation and pass on this banner. Seeing alts for Palla and Marisa is great and all but I would have preferred something different besides seeing them both in rabbit costumes plus did Marisa really need to be flying lance unit when we already have more than plenty of those? Marisa's quote did make me chuckle though.

As for the others...I could care less about Bruno and Veronica. At least people who wanted Bruno finally get a chance to get him even though I bet they weren't expecting him to first show up in a seasonal banner. As for Loki even though she will most likely be the TT freebie unit I could less about her since the most I will get out of her is 5000 HM feathers, 40 blue dragonflowers and foddering whatever good skills she has off to another unit.

So, next year's spring seasonal will have Est perhaps? Maybe she will bring Abel or Minerva with her.

3 hours ago, Florete said:

>Three more Heroes OCs get alts before Anna.

I swear if Surtr gets an alt before Anna I'll...be very sad.

Watch as Hel, Lif, Thrasir, and Gustav get added to the summoning pool along with getting seasonal alts by the end of the year.

But seriously, I am personally kind of glad Anna wasn't on this year's spring seasonal banner because I would prefer seeing her on one of the more appropriately dressed seasonals like Winter/Christmas, Valentines or even the Bridal banner since Spring gets wasted on rabbit costumes. Plus she did scored 15th (and technically 5th, 66th, and 129th) on CYL3 so hopefully IS noticed that and start planning to make an alt for her for latter 2019/early 2020 or even better yet just put Awakening Anna on this year's farfetched banner.

Edited by NSSKG151

10 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Looks like Taliesin Jaffe's taking over Bruno for his Critical Role pal Travis.

If by Travis you mean Willingham, he was never Bruno. It's always been Jaffe as vanilla Bruno also has "T. Axelrod" as his voice credit.

FLIPPIN' CALLED IT. XD Oh my gosh I need Bruno and Veronica. I LOVE VERONICA'S QUOTES! She's hilarious. X3 I normally don't like her. I'm surprised I like this version of her so much.

6 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

even though she will most likely be the TT freebie unit

She's already confirmed as the Tempest Trials reward unit.

7 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

I thought it was more like “I’m a bunny now. Such is the way I dress.” Which sounds even more deadpan.

I picked simpler grammatical structures to mirror the simple grammar that Marisa uses.

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 minute ago, NSSKG151 said:

Really, that was fast! Must be in the notifications already and I just didn't look.

The Japanese Twitter has recently always indicated how a freebie character will be added in the same post as the trailer if the character appears in the trailer.