Sacred Stones Play Both Paths

Jotari

So this is an idea no doubt anyone who's played the game has entertained. What if you could play through Eirika and Ephraim's paths on the same playthrough? It's an obvious idea, I expect someone's made a hack for it before, but I haven't seen it so I thought I'd do it myself. Here's the download link.

The hack features the following changes.

Spoiler

*Game plays normally until the split in Chapter 8. You then get to choose which lord to follow. Game continues normally until Chapter 15 where you'll automatically switch to the other lord and keep playing until they also reach Chapter 15. You will then play with a merged army for the rest of the game.

*During the army split Ephraim gets Forde, Kyle, Garcia, Gilliam, Lute, Moulder and Vanessa

*During the army split Erikia gets Natasha, Artur, Franz, Ross, Colm, Neimi, Seth and Joshua

*Six new characters added to the game. Five of them join Ephraim, one of them joins Eirika. They're mostly character from previous games.

*Implemented the skill system because why not?

*Gave Erikia and Ephraim branched promotion options because again, why not? Eirkia can go Queen, Ephraim can go King.

*Carlyle now wields Audhulma, Vigarde has Garm, Lyon in his first enocunter has Glephnir and Riev in his first encounter has Ivaldi. These weapons are droppables and can be missed.
**To make Gleipnir useful, it now has a Nosferateau effect.
**Other bossess have had buffs or changes to make them more interesting.

*Knights now have five move at base and can wield axes (they don't gain any move on promotion). To make Generals more distinct from Great Knights, they use Bows instead of Swords. These are pretty standard balance edits for me.

*Added in the removed monster effective weapons and added some more weapons of my own.

*Units can gain support points from up to five spaces away. New supports have also been written for the new characters.

*Staff exp is set at 33.

*Selena now moves. She also has Arms Thrift along with boosted luck, meaning she won't run out as quickly quickly.

*Amelia and Ewan +10% growths and +2 strength/magic.

*Dancer can move across deserts without cost.

Known Issue
*Can't check the weapon ranks of Magical units. I was trying to use a patch that only displayed the weapon ranks a unit has, but it ended up not working and now I can't uninstall it.

*Engaging in Skirmishes  reloads that chapter instead for some reason, so Skirmishes have been disabled.

*After completing the Scorched Sand, the game can freeze if certain party members are dead or not recruited. So the patch isn't Iron Men friendly (sorry!).

*Due to reasons, the world map is disabled after Scorched Sands.

*The option to promote Ephraim and Eirika right away after finishing Ruled By Madness. This is because they now have promotion options and the game just automatically promotes them at that point without providing the options.

I had a lot more trouble making this one than I expected. I think all the issues have been resolved, but if you encounter anything then do let me know.

Edited by Jotari

11 minutes ago, Sythion said:

Looks fun, I'll give it a spin! Screenshots are nice however.

Not sure there's anything worth screen shooting XD Here's the new characters though.

hk8zXOR.png

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

Questions: Who's Scott and with the world map being locked, is the CC inaccessible?

Scott is Orson's son (no canon suggestion he has any kids as far as I know but considering what a family man he's depicted as it's not too much of a stretch). I added him because the game only gives you one archer. Creature Conquest is accessible but the map is all messed up. You can only do the Tower of Valni, not Lagdou Ruins. I considered making some kind of alternate end game challenge (as I have issues with the fake difficulty of Lagdou Ruins) but after a bunch of problems I was burnt out. Might still do it if people are interested.

Edited by Jotari

2 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Scott is Orson's son. I added him because the game only gives you one archer. Creature Conquest is accessible but the map is all messed up. You can only do the Tower of Valni, not Lagdou Ruins. I considered making some kind of alternate end game challenge (as I have issues with the fake difficulty of Lagdou Ruins) but after a bunch of problems I was burnt out. Might still do it if people are interested.

Well, I mean there's probably one archer who disappeared in another title, right? I guess I'll see Mr. OC for myself.

On the possibility of accessing the ruins or an alternate thing, I think I'd be interested.

Is this working with the US or EU ROM?

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Well, I mean there's probably one archer who disappeared in another title, right? I guess I'll see Mr. OC for myself.

On the possibility of accessing the ruins or an alternate thing, I think I'd be interested.

Is this working with the US or EU ROM?

Sacred Stones U whatever one that is.

22 minutes ago, SaintSassy said:

WT for Iron lance is 80. I'm pretty sure that's unintended

Whoops! Yep, that's a mistake. I probably changed it to 80 to survive a lethal blow at some point when play testing and forgot to change it back. I've put up an immediate fix in the OP (I've also started working on a bonus post game challenge which can be accessed via the Tower of Valni at any time, though I haven't finished balance testing it yet).

1 hour ago, SwordJustice12 said:

This looks like a really great concept. However when I clicked the download link and download the file there was only a readme in the folder after I extracted it...

Not sure what happened there. Try it again.

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, skywalker said:

Waiting for an update so we can access Lagdou ruin.

Should be live. The map still doesn't work, so it's accessed via the Tower of Valni.

7 hours ago, skywalker said:

Yup but the exp is so little compared to the one given by Lagdou ruin.

I'm not sure what you mean. My reworked version of the Lagdou ruins can be accessed by entering the Tower of Valni and clearing the first map. If you just want to exp grind, then just redoing the first map of Tower of Valni is the most efficient method as the boss there always gives a level up.

52 minutes ago, iridium137 said:

How did you implement all these skills into this game?

There's a patch for it. I don't have the knowhow to make up new skills myself (though I'd like to learn), but there's a list someone has made.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, iridium137 said:

On chapter 6, a knight kills one of the civilians on turn 1, making it impossible to save them all and get the Orion's bolt.

That's probably down to their extra movement. Never happened to me though. Are you playing on hard (I only bothered to test on normal)? I'll move the knight later if I remember.

Edited by Jotari

28 minutes ago, Jotari said:

That's probably down to their extra movement. Never happened to me though. Are you playing on hard (I only bothered to test on normal)? I'll move the knight later if I remember.

I'm playing on normal.

3 hours ago, iridium137 said:

I'm playing on normal.

Hmm. Pretty sure that didnt happen to me. I'll look into it. There is a second Orion's Bolt in the game now though (because now there's two archers) found in Ephraim's first chapter.

So apparently, one of the civilians died and I got the Orion's Bolt anyways. This contradicts the information on SF's site that says all three civilians must survive. I dunno, maybe on hard mode they all need to survive?

5 minutes ago, iridium137 said:

So apparently, one of the civilians died and I got the Orion's Bolt anyways. This contradicts the information on SF's site that says all three civilians must survive. I dunno, maybe on hard mode they all need to survive?

Maybe that's something I changed too rather than making it so the civilians have a better chance of survival.