Sacred Stones Play Both Paths

Jotari

^I can confirm that the Knight killed a Civilian thing (as well as still getting the prize despite it) did happen, and there's absolutely no way of preventing it other than hoping he'd miss the attack. 

I'm in Chapter 19 now, so some notes (apology if you're already aware of most/all of this):

-The skill Vantage is bugged. If the condition (attack first if HP<50%) is fulfilled but the user has no way to counter (either because the opponent uses ranged weapon or that the user uses something like Firesweep Sword), the game would freeze. This could get really annoying at times, as you have to kill enemy Swordmasters with melee instead of ranged and therefore have to eat their attack first for no good reason at all.

-Marisa and Knoll are not playable (they don't appear in the unit selection menu after you got them in their respective recruitment chapter). Not sure if this is intentional or not, if it is, they should just be omitted from the story altogether

-I can't save normally, which means I had to rely on save states a lot. For reference, I'm playing on VBA with Flash 64K Save Type.

Otherwise, I'm having a good time. The Sacred Stones that allows you to play both routes always felt like the ideal version of the game to me, and I'm enjoying using the new characters too (I assume at some point they'll get their custom portraits/mugs?). This is also the first time I play the game with the Skills system, and it does add interesting new wrinkles to the game, other than the Vantage annoyance. I'd gladly replay this if the more polished version comes out in the future, hopefully enabling the Iron Man playthrough, which seems a great fit for the hack's large roster selection. Thank you and good luck.

17 minutes ago, Tranquillo said:

^I can confirm that the Knight killed a Civilian thing (as well as still getting the prize despite it) did happen, and there's absolutely no way of preventing it other than hoping he'd miss the attack. 

I'm in Chapter 19 now, so some notes (apology if you're already aware of most/all of this):

-The skill Vantage is bugged. If the condition (attack first if HP<50%) is fulfilled but the user has no way to counter (either because the opponent uses ranged weapon or that the user uses something like Firesweep Sword), the game would freeze. This could get really annoying at times, as you have to kill enemy Swordmasters with melee instead of ranged and therefore have to eat their attack first for no good reason at all.

-Marisa and Knoll are not playable (they don't appear in the unit selection menu after you got them in their respective recruitment chapter). Not sure if this is intentional or not, if it is, they should just be omitted from the story altogether

-I can't save normally, which means I had to rely on save states a lot. For reference, I'm playing on VBA with Flash 64K Save Type.

Otherwise, I'm having a good time. The Sacred Stones that allows you to play both routes always felt like the ideal version of the game to me, and I'm enjoying using the new characters too (I assume at some point they'll get their custom portraits/mugs?). This is also the first time I play the game with the Skills system, and it does add interesting new wrinkles to the game, other than the Vantage annoyance. I'd gladly replay this if the more polished version comes out in the future, hopefully enabling the Iron Man playthrough, which seems a great fit for the hack's large roster selection. Thank you and good luck.

Oh, I didn't know about that Vantage problem. I didn't make the skill system so there's not much I can do about it. I never encountered it when I tested the game. It should priba exporting be reported to the person who did make the skill system. Best thing I could do for the hack would be to remove vantage entirely (which I don't really want to do as I enjoy it as a skill)...it's a feature not a bug!

I had no problems saving myself. I used VBA too, though I don't know what save types I was using. Characters disappearing unfortunately is something I encountered and the fact that it's two different characters for you is worrisome. For me it happened to L'Archel and Seth. It might be because there's a max limit to the number of recruitable characters or something (originally I had another OC, a Math Dog Kliff befriended/enslaved, but I removed it to try and fix this issue). It's of course not ideal at all for characters to randomly disappear so if anyone else has this problem do tell. I won't be able to fully consider the jack finished until it's fixed 

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, The Black Pot said:

Really cool concept, and great job pulling it off!

When you say

in the first post, does that include the known issues described under the spoiler, or are those still present?

No, those issues are still there. I guess I should have said all "Major" ie, things that makes it unplayable have been resolved (although the disappearing character thing is still worrisome).

5ccb124669637_0Crit.png.db0a943af0ba7e45e51886588f977bf7.png

Ross doesn't let a 0% chance to crit stop him from doing so.

Is this intended behavior?

I can also confirm that even if two villagers die, you still get the Orion's Bolt. Which is kind of funny, cause the first two to die (the little girl and the woman) are the ones that appear in the post-chapter cutscene and  give it to you. If all 3 die, you get nothing, however.

Couple more, sorry. My Colm wasn't able to steal the Energy Ring from the mage in Chapter 7. He had the speed lead (10 vs 6) and 4 open inventory slots, but the Steal option didnn't even appear grayed out.

Steal.PNG.b8444c23766362902a1cb862518854a8.PNG

And Tirado, the boss of chapter 7, has a Silver Axe, but not the weapon rank to use it.

Tirado.png.38684c57bea61c808d0d168aa5156818.png

Edited by The Black Pot

My Colm wasn't able to steal the Energy Ring from the mage in Chapter 7. He had the speed lead (10 vs 6) and 4 open inventory slots, but the Steal option didnn't even appear grayed out.

Steal is now a skill. You need to be level 5 to learn it.

1 hour ago, iridium137 said:

Steal is now a skill. You need to be level 5 to learn it.

Ah, I assumed it would still be possible by default since he comes with the skill Cunning, the description of which reads "Can steal items, pick locks, and see in darkness". Simply a misleading/inaccurate description then?

4 hours ago, The Black Pot said:

Ah, I assumed it would still be possible by default since he comes with the skill Cunning, the description of which reads "Can steal items, pick locks, and see in darkness". Simply a misleading/inaccurate description then?

Yep, inaccurate description. That's what the skill system uses as it's description by default. I think I can change it though as it's just a string I'd need to locate.