Your Favorite Unit in your Barracks

Mercakete

I haven't seen a thread quite like this, so I decided to make one!

Is there a unit in your barracks who just gets the job done? A unit who has a mechanic you just find fun to use, or someone who was a little off-beat, but you built to be extraordinary? However you pick your favorite, share it here! Who is your favorite unit (not character; so, like I love PoR Ike, but as a unit in Heroes, he's not the most fun for me to use. That goes to someone else) in your barracks? Remember, try to be positive on this thread. :) If someone loves using a unit you hate, better to not say anything than to make them feel like it's not safe to share the unit they love using.

I'll start us off!

The favorite unit in my barracks is my M!Kana! I haven't quite finished him yet, but he's still a very strong help to me! I almost have enough grails to get him from +8 to +9, and I think I have 4 dragonflower buffs on him. (He just got +1 Def from said dragonflowers.) I'm primarily an EP fighter, so Kana's high Def and Res are really helpful! I look forward to when I can replace his base C skill with Ward Dragons 3, too. When I need to tank something, I send out Kana, who also has Renewal 3, making him tough to defeat, and helpful when his teammates need assistance. (I gave him Ardent Sacrifice.) He's so perfect for how I play, and solving common problems I face, especially when buffed by Ninian (who has her native dragon-buffing C skill, and a seal that adds to atk for allies even 2 spaces away), Garon (his support partner), and M!Fell Robin (who has Ward Dragons), his regular teammates. And on top of all that, he's adorable! I love both his art and his voice work. What a cutie. :) I hope more cute, little boys get added to the game so that there's not such a huge gap between the number of little girls to little boys. Sure, little girls can be cute, but little boys can be, too! And Kana is such a helpful little boy. I'm glad I took the time to invest in him. :)

Well, I guess mine can't be anyone except her given all the excessive preferential treatment I've showered her with:

Spoiler

MKmtcD9.png

Note: I bumped her up to +9 for Dragonflowers since taking this screenshot, so her Def should be 36.

Needless to say, she gets results more often than not.

These two gotta share the honor, I could never pick one over the other. <3

G5fBXw3.png7vNsvkV.png

RD Ike would also join them, but my Freddy Bear has been my biggest go-to for so many tough maps on top of being my favorite character not named Ike, mainly due to how much investment he got here. And GD Ike is an amazing unit AND I GOT HIM WITH PERFECT IVS! And I waited for a seasonal Ike for so long, I can't not love him. He looks so handsome in this outfit too, I love it! He's even wearing flowers! :3

Oh, and honorary mention to Summer Freddy as well! He'd be up here if only I could use him more often and +10 him!

This shot of Freddy, btw, was from before we got the ability to see IVs, before the merge change was made, and before Dragon Flowers were a thing. I've actually given him some now, and they only raised his HP a bit, I think. And due to the merge update, his Spd is now 31 since he was -Spd before.

Edited by Anacybele

Of course it couldn't be any other unit:

Spoiler

frrgQRS.jpg

She may not look that scary at first glance but she's quite bulky on her own and thanks to her low-ish Atk she makes for a pretty decent bruiser in Arena, although she uses more supportive skills for that mode. When you start including buffbots things get out of control fast. 

At her best (Max flower+Tactics team+Adjacent ally support Kaden) her statline becomes 56/70/66/54/56 which is something you'd only see in Abyssal maps. I think that much Spd without something like Regnal Astra/Fire Emblem is overkill so I'll change her Asset to Atk which will make her end at 56/74/63/54/56 at full buffs. 

You'll ask why I put so much emphasis about full buffs instead of just focusing on her solo performance and the reason is that all the work I've put into Eirika isn't only about her as a unit, I've also spent a ton of resources on making a team that will synergize perfectly with her playstyle and it would be a disservice to not take that into consideration. 

Well, this will come as a surprise to absolutely no one:

Spoiler

sL4pIWW.jpg

Of course it’s gonna be the one and only Niles!

He isn’t sporting his usual summoner support (Raigh has it currently) but I have finally started merging him up and throwing flowers his way.

His modus operandi is to simply tank a hit and counter kill on the first turn and then simply start nuking everything else with constant iceberg procs (he currently has Glacies though because extra firepower was needed for some maps). Previously, armors were his greatest enemies but his new bow has helped somewhat alleviate that issue thanks to the +7 true damage which activates on quite a few of them. Most notably against Surtr who was a real pain but now goes down with a lot less hassle.

He is also one of the only units that has their HM capped and the only non-support one at that.nEN01HC.jpg

Yeah my HM list is in a sorry state but that just goes to show how much I actually use him compared to most other units.

Well, my favorite unit will of course by the first unit I fully merged to +10 and invested the most on.

Spoiler

It's A!Tiki, one of my favorite characters from Awakening (and technically Shadow Dragon as well). She's a great unit that is easy to obtain and she tanks just about everything that is thrown at her. I use her for just about every mode in the game besides being part of my defense team in Aether Raid. She fits into just about any of my teams though I prefer using her in my dragon team with her Legendary younger self, Ninian and funny enough the Grimas (and yes, her ally support is M!Grima of all characters just for the irony). A tactics team of A!Tiki, Reinhardt, Cherche and L!Azura/NY!Azura is also fun to use on some of the harder Special Maps. Sometimes I switch out Lightning Breath for Breath of Fog if I use her in Arena/Arena Assualt/Aether Raid

She's getting close to having 50 def but recently I have been thinking about trying to find a copy of her that has a +res nature so she can tank both physical and magic attacks equally. Wish dragonflowers were more plentiful so she could reach her max potential.

Edited by NSSKG151

My favorite unit in my barracks is my Hawkeye. He was my very first pull on launch day. Came at 5 stars. I had no idea he would be in the game's roster. Just a fabulous surprise. Good green unit to have in those early days before skill inheritance, since Death Blow rocks. As a F2P, your only green options were Arthur/Narcian, promoting Anna or Michalis, or using Nino, who did not appear for me even once until the game was like 8 months old.

34 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Well, my favorite unit will of course by the first unit I fully merged to +10 and invested the most on.

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_2019-03-19-02-03-25.thumb.png.3f271c34fea18a54a79f894dca099e26.png

It's A!Tiki, one of my favorite characters from Awakening (and technically Shadow Dragon as well). She's a great unit that is easy to obtain and she tanks just about everything that is thrown at her. I use her for just about every mode in the game besides being part of my defense team in Aether Raid. She fits into just about any of my teams though I prefer using her in my dragon team with her Legendary younger self, Ninian and funny enough the Grimas (and yes, her ally support is M!Grima of all characters just for the irony). A tactics team of A!Tiki, Reinhardt, Cherche and L!Azura/NY!Azura is also fun to use on some of the harder Special Maps. Sometimes I switch out Lightning Breath for Breath of Fog if I use her in Arena/Arena Assualt/Aether Raid

She's getting close to having 50 def but recently I have been thinking about trying to find a copy of her that has a +res nature so she can tank both physical and magic attacks equally. Wish dragonflowers were more plentiful so she could reach her max potential.

https://m.imgur.com/a/KCIicnE

My Tiki seems to be similar to yours, a tank to take on everything except fast blue units (do you recommend me to put Guard to her?).

My team is +6Masked Marth (player phase dragon killer), +10Nino (fury and desperation) and +10Tiki (enemy phase tank). The unofficial 4rth is +10 Selena with Def Fortress, poison strike and Ignis.

The last one is mostly fluid (mostly for Arena).

2 hours ago, Silafante said:

https://m.imgur.com/a/KCIicnE

My Tiki seems to be similar to yours, a tank to take on everything except fast blue units (do you recommend me to put Guard to her?).

My team is +6Masked Marth (player phase dragon killer), +10Nino (fury and desperation) and +10Tiki (enemy phase tank). The unofficial 4rth is +10 Selena with Def Fortress, poison strike and Ignis.

The last one is mostly fluid (mostly for Arena).

Guard is useful for slowing down and/or preventing enemy skills like Bonfire, Iceberg and Aether from going off to help preserve your tanks better and works well for self-sustaining units like A!Tiki since her HP is usually above 80%. I used to use Quick Riposte (B-Skill) and Distant Def (Seal) but recently decided to try Guard (B-Skill) and Quick Riposte (Seal) instead and it works out fine since her teammates provides Spurs/Drives/Wards passives to boost her Def/Res. I would say do it if you are not using the Quick Riposte seal for one of her other allies you use commonly with her and got a spare Naesala to spare since he gives Guard 3 at four stars but there is always a chance IS will make Guard a seal or (for better or worse) make Guard 4 in the future.

Michalis is my current star player. He scoffs at physical attacks, retaliates with huge Ignis procs, and serves as the linchpin of my flying comp. 

He also has substantial room to grow. I need to earn the grails for 2 more merges, and he's getting Steady Stance 4 from Surtr once I finish merit grinding Surtr. And if I want, I could increase his Spd and Res by 1 through dragonflowers, though that isn't a priority.

Michalis will have a hilarious 45 def, 24 res at base, increased to 59/30 when attacked by a melee foe. This is while getting a free Guard at all hp thresholds. Coupled with his high hp, he is practically immune to physical foes and can even take on manaketes if need be. Just keep him away from mages.

Fire Emblem Heroes_2019-03-19-08-37-00.jpg

Edited by Etheus

My favorite Awakening character! She’s my first +10 unit and she has helped me out a ton! I even gave her my only Hector for DC which was a pretty big deal but damn fog of breath is so good. She’s always my star player in AR and thanks to her FOB refinement even the other dragons don’t stand a chance. 

EA678E08-156A-43F4-B699-CE2EF35D7575.png

Halloween Nowi~ She's not got any super special build or even one of my better units~ I just love her~

a2DZlB0.png

Vantage is the usually B Skill, but I'm low on Shards so doing some grinding

There's also this beautiful boy

6KCwi5A.png

Carried me through 3 Abyssal maps (two which taunted me for the longest)~ So happy they made him such a good unit~

Julia, Imperial Princess of Grannvale and Blessed Savior of My Account.

wSmvyXX.jpg?1

For over two years this girl has led me to countless crushing victories and pulled me out of countless pickles. Most of the meta changes people have bemoaned pale before her eternal glory.

• Reinhardt? Julia's magic is everything while his is a pitiful joke.
  • Bladetomes? Say hello to Divine Naga, cowardly fools. Your buffs mean nothing against the radiance of the One True God.
  • Cavalry/flier/armor teams? Divine Naga strikes again!
  • Dragon spam? Not even worth my notice.

No fancy 5*-only SI or pile of merges necessary for her either, just a solid budget set and summoner support. Of course that's not going to stop me from beefing her up as much as I can anyway. Whenever the Brazen Atk/Spd seal comes out I'm probably going to slap that and Desperation on her for maximum death-dealing.

My pride and joy. He really shouldn’t be max merged like this. It was just sheer, beautiful dumb luck. I’m also quite proud of finally being able to finish my Eirika build, but I’m still grinding the SP for it.

7B68FFF2-CBDC-451E-B9BB-BD72BFA3FD42.thumb.jpeg.cae5e899b61bf72e1130859d2499771f.jpeg

Ranged fliers and flying Dancers/Singers are my favorite. It is hard to choose just one out of all of them though.

I love Firesweep Bow the most out of all Weapons, so I guess ASS!Takumi is probably my favorite, but RR!Loki is also pretty high up there due to her arousing art.

For Blade mages, I guess there is SA!Tana, ASS!Camilla, and RR!Veronica. They got top of the line offensive stat distribution.

For Dancers/Singers, it is a tie between VS!Azura and BB!Ninian. VS!Azura works great anywhere, but BB!Ninian also works really well with Blade fliers and can provide 4/4/6/6 buffs right from the start instead of 6/0/0/0 or 6/6/0/0 for VS!Azura.

2 hours ago, Nowi's Husband said:

My lovely waifu is my favorite of course, I use her more than anyone else.  This is for Aether Raids with it's many healers and sweepers.  In Arena she runs Windsweep and Drive Atk as a cheerleader, in TT and CC she runs Mystic Boost for sustain, GHB and the like I play it by ear.

hFyvQzel.png

That is really nice. Is Aether useful in Aether Raids? It's damage output feels really low on my Sharena, so I am thinking about changing it to Moonbow.

9 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

It'll always be the original Reinhardt for me. He's just someone that you can always fall back on :) 

Magic is everything <3

Reinhardt should be my favorite unit since he's always helpful but I like BH!Roy more because of Galeforce. Too bad Reinhardt doesn't want to show up in my summons.  

55 minutes ago, XRay said:

That is really nice. Is Aether useful in Aether Raids? It's damage output feels really low on my Sharena, so I am thinking about changing it to Moonbow.

Aether is only good on the main attacker for me, cause they will do several battles and charge it, I run Moonbow on Witch Nowi cause she rarely does any fighting besides taking on a green armor.

2 minutes ago, Nowi's Husband said:

Aether is only good on the main attacker for me, cause they will do several battles and charge it, I run Moonbow on Witch Nowi cause she rarely does any fighting besides taking on a green armor.

Yeah, my Sharena is putting in work this week since it is her bonus week in Aether Raids, but even when she is carrying my team with a lot of buff stacking, she still misses kills sometimes because Aether is not triggering often enough.

This goddess of destruction! She doesn’t even have a great boon yet but if I need something dead she’s up to the task. I can think of several Abyssals that were only cleared with her and three dancers; her destructive power is that good.

9AF33985-B543-4BF4-BC10-80C9D2E7E9B1.jpeg