Revelations Question

McKarter

I just got FE Fates: Special Edition, and am planning on tackling all 3 routes simultaneously.

However, i read somewhere that in the Revelation Path, you have access to both promotions of Hoshidan and Nohrian Nobles as Corrin.

Is it possible then to reclass between the two? If so, how would i do it?

Hoshidan Unity with Draconian Hex and Nohrian Trust seem pretty nice and would give me a lot of options.

Hi!

Yes, it is possible to reclass between both classes, you can use a heart seal for reclass into Hoshidan Noble or viceversa

Edit: I think is a heart seal but i’m not totally sure about that... i’m also playing revelations... well try to use a heart seal!

Edited by Karuu30
I forget some informatio

Yeah, you can reclass the avatar into either with a heart seal so long as you're of a promoted class or level 21 in a class that doesn't have promotions.  There are no limitations as far as changing into these classes for the avatar in Revelation; you can have them class into Hoshidan Noble and Nohrian Noble a dozen times and the only thing you'd lose is a dozen heart seals.  Same goes for Kana and any of the other children your avatar has.

I'll also say that if you have an avatar in your logbook that has any non-DLC skills, you can just buy the skills for your avatar from the logbook so even in the paths where you can't do one or the other class, your avatar can still obtain those skills so long as you have an avatar recorded in the logbook that has those skills and the money required to buy them.  You can get copies of units into the logbook either by beating the game, purchasing them from the einherjar shop (very expensive if they're a high level; the units that appear here depend on who you have on your castle's defense team), or obtaining them from other players' castles.

1 hour ago, Ertrick36 said:

I'll also say that if you have an avatar in your logbook that has any non-DLC skills, you can just buy the skills for your avatar from the logbook so even in the paths where you can't do one or the other class, your avatar can still obtain those skills so long as you have an avatar recorded in the logbook that has those skills and the money required to buy them.  You can get copies of units into the logbook either by beating the game, purchasing them from the einherjar shop (very expensive if they're a high level; the units that appear here depend on who you have on your castle's defense team), or obtaining them from other players' castles.

Thank you both. That at least eases my mind for now. Haven't really made progress since i am stuck on avatar creation?

Also does Fates have anything similar to Awakening's Golden Gaffe for gold farming? 

5 minutes ago, McKarter said:

Haven't really made progress since i am stuck on avatar creation?

Oh, I know how that is.  Ironic that the least challenging part of the game is often the hardest part for me to get past.

6 minutes ago, McKarter said:

Also does Fates have anything similar to Awakening's Golden Gaffe for gold farming? 

It does, in the form of the Ghostly Gold DLC.

There's also the Boo Camp for EXP (which is the only way to grind in Conquest, btw), Museum Melee for weapons (easier than Awakening's equivalent), Anna on the Run if you want to acquire Anna as a unit (she's an outlaw who can reclass into an apothecary or a troubadour - only has support conversations with your character, which I personally find odd because there are probably a few units I think she could've supported), and a few DLCs for special classes, which are as follows:

• Ballistician Blitz to get the item to reclass a male unit into a ballistician
  • Witch Trials to get the item to reclass a female unit into a witch
  • A Gift from Anna which gives you one of the previous two items I mentioned once
  • Royal Royale if you want multiples of either the Dread Scroll (to make a Dread Fighter, for both genders) or the Ebon Wing (for Dark Falcon class, also for both genders)
  • Vanguard Dawn if you want to make a male unit into a Vanguard (basically Ike's class)
  • Before Awakening if you want to make a unit into a Lodestar (Marth's class, male only) or Great Lord (Lucina's class, female only), but you have to beat it without any of the NPCs dying if you want those rewards
  • Hidden Truths if you want to make a male unit into a Grandmaster (Robin's class, male only [for some odd reason])

I'm not sure because I didn't get the Special Edition of the game, but don't you get all the DLC for free with the Special Edition?

And one more thing, I'd recommend maybe holding off on playing through Revelation until you beat the other paths.  That is, unless you've already been spoiled on plot elements that Revelation would've revealed.

8 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

Oh, I know how that is.  Ironic that the least challenging part of the game is often the hardest part for me to get past.

It does, in the form of the Ghostly Gold DLC.

There's also the Boo Camp for EXP (which is the only way to grind in Conquest, btw), Museum Melee for weapons (easier than Awakening's equivalent), Anna on the Run if you want to acquire Anna as a unit (she's an outlaw who can reclass into an apothecary or a troubadour - only has support conversations with your character, which I personally find odd because there are probably a few units I think she could've supported), and a few DLCs for special classes, which are as follows:

• Ballistician Blitz to get the item to reclass a male unit into a ballistician
  • Witch Trials to get the item to reclass a female unit into a witch
  • A Gift from Anna which gives you one of the previous two items I mentioned once
  • Royal Royale if you want multiples of either the Dread Scroll (to make a Dread Fighter, for both genders) or the Ebon Wing (for Dark Falcon class, also for both genders)
  • Vanguard Dawn if you want to make a male unit into a Vanguard (basically Ike's class)
  • Before Awakening if you want to make a unit into a Lodestar (Marth's class, male only) or Great Lord (Lucina's class, female only), but you have to beat it without any of the NPCs dying if you want those rewards
  • Hidden Truths if you want to make a male unit into a Grandmaster (Robin's class, male only [for some odd reason])

I'm not sure because I didn't get the Special Edition of the game, but don't you get all the DLC for free with the Special Edition?

And one more thing, I'd recommend maybe holding off on playing through Revelation until you beat the other paths.  That is, unless you've already been spoiled on plot elements that Revelation would've revealed.

Lmao ikr, when creating male avatars i struggle with how would i be if i was a warrior, when creating a female i struggle with how would i like a main female to be XD

Also i just checked and yes i do have those DLC's, thank god. I've read that the DLC scrolls are one-time acquirement only (unlike the Bride and Dread items from Awakening), but i know of the Friendship Seal mechanic, but i will still ask to be sure: 

Is using the DLC Scrolls on anyone fine, and i can just pass it on to everyone else with Friendship and Partner Seals?

As for the path, well i never really thought, when i first heard about Fates, that i would be able to get it eventually so i did skim through the synopsis at some point, so i have an outline of the story. I still wanted to experience all paths though, and i do like Revelation Corrin's capability to access both Kingdom Noble's Class skills

15 minutes ago, McKarter said:

Also i just checked and yes i do have those DLC's, thank god. I've read that the DLC scrolls are one-time acquirement only (unlike the Bride and Dread items from Awakening), but i know of the Friendship Seal mechanic, but i will still ask to be sure: 

Is using the DLC Scrolls on anyone fine, and i can just pass it on to everyone else with Friendship and Partner Seals?

The DLC class seals are not one-time acquisitions except for the ones for the Lodestar and Great Lord classes (they would've also been infinitely obtainable if they localized all the DLC [the Festival DLCs, fyi], but they didn't for whatever reason).  So as long as you play through the respective maps, you can obtain the Dread Scroll, Dark Falcon Wing, Sighting Lens, Witch's Mark, Fell Brand, and Vanguard Brand as many times as you want.

However, to answer that question about friendship and partner seals, you unfortunately are misunderstanding how they work.  You see, everyone has "class sets", similar to how the characters in Awakening do.  For example, Kaze's class set is ninja (primary) and samurai (secondary).  For most characters, if they use a friendship (requires A+ rank support, avatar only needs A-rank) or partner seal (requires marriage) to reclass into Kaze's class, they'll class into ninja.  For Kagero and Saizo (both ninjas), they'd reclass into samurais since that's Kaze's secondary class, even in spite of the fact that Saizo's secondary class is also a samurai (therefore, it's extremely wasteful to expend their A+ ranks on each other).

Basically, they don't reclass into whatever the other character is currently, they reclass into whatever the primary class is of that character or, if their primary classes are both the same, whatever their secondary class is.  Which essentially means it's impossible to use friendship/partner seals to change a unit into a DLC class.  Also, it's impossible to use them to change units into Nohr Prince/Princess, Songstress, Villager, Kitsune, or Wolfskin.

In very rare instances, these seals will give you an entirely different class.  Such instances are as follows:

• Takumi x Mozu - Takumi will reclass into an apothecary if he partner seals with Mozu
  • Hinoka/Subaki x Azura - Hinoka and Subaki will change into troubadours if they friendship/partner seal with Azura
  • Orochi/Hayato x Kaden - Kaden will give Orochi and Hayato the apothecary class, though the former already has it as a secondary
  • Charlotte/Arthur x Keaton - Keaton gives Charlotte and Arthur the Outlaw class
  • Anyone x Avatar - If the unit's primary class is the same as the avatar's talent class (e.g. Ryoma marries an avatar with samurai as their talent), they'll get an alternate class, which is listed here

In all those instances, the reclass partner's primary class is one that can't be obtained by others and their secondary classes are the same as the reclassers' primary classes, so they have to borrow parallel classes.

46 minutes ago, McKarter said:

As for the path, well i never really thought, when i first heard about Fates, that i would be able to get it eventually so i did skim through the synopsis at some point, so i have an outline of the story. I still wanted to experience all paths though, and i do like Revelation Corrin's capability to access both Kingdom Noble's Class skills

I just thought I'd give a warning.  Though I'm pretty sure the selection screen for the path split also suggests you play the other two paths before playing Revelation.

It's mostly a plot thing.  If you know what happens and about what Revelation reveals, then there's practically no reason to wait until you beat the other two paths to take on Revelation.  Specifically if you know what Valla is, who Anankos is, and what their impact is on the two main kingdoms.  There sure as hell isn't a difficulty spike between the two paths and Revelation; most would agree that Conquest is the most difficult path.

Speaking of which, good luck to you if you try to beat Conquest on anything other than Normal difficulty.  Aside from maybe Awakening Lunatic (which I'd honestly just say is outright unfair), Conquest is substantially more difficult than anything else you'll find in the 3DS era.  Most would say Chapter 10 is the barrier to entry for those seeking to beat that path.  Which I find rather fitting, given that it features the best Hoshidan royal-retainer team in the game.

14 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

The DLC class seals are not one-time acquisitions except for the ones for the Lodestar and Great Lord classes (they would've also been infinitely obtainable if they localized all the DLC [the Festival DLCs, fyi], but they didn't for whatever reason).  So as long as you play through the respective maps, you can obtain the Dread Scroll, Dark Falcon Wing, Sighting Lens, Witch's Mark, Fell Brand, and Vanguard Brand as many times as you want.

However, to answer that question about friendship and partner seals, you unfortunately are misunderstanding how they work.  You see, everyone has "class sets", similar to how the characters in Awakening do.  For example, Kaze's class set is ninja (primary) and samurai (secondary).  For most characters, if they use a friendship (requires A+ rank support, avatar only needs A-rank) or partner seal (requires marriage) to reclass into Kaze's class, they'll class into ninja.  For Kagero and Saizo (both ninjas), they'd reclass into samurais since that's Kaze's secondary class, even in spite of the fact that Saizo's secondary class is also a samurai (therefore, it's extremely wasteful to expend their A+ ranks on each other).

Basically, they don't reclass into whatever the other character is currently, they reclass into whatever the primary class is of that character or, if their primary classes are both the same, whatever their secondary class is.  Which essentially means it's impossible to use friendship/partner seals to change a unit into a DLC class.  Also, it's impossible to use them to change units into Nohr Prince/Princess, Songstress, Villager, Kitsune, or Wolfskin.

In very rare instances, these seals will give you an entirely different class.  Such instances are as follows:

• Takumi x Mozu - Takumi will reclass into an apothecary if he partner seals with Mozu
  • Hinoka/Subaki x Azura - Hinoka and Subaki will change into troubadours if they friendship/partner seal with Azura
  • Orochi/Hayato x Kaden - Kaden will give Orochi and Hayato the apothecary class, though the former already has it as a secondary
  • Charlotte/Arthur x Keaton - Keaton gives Charlotte and Arthur the Outlaw class
  • Anyone x Avatar - If the unit's primary class is the same as the avatar's talent class (e.g. Ryoma marries an avatar with samurai as their talent), they'll get an alternate class, which is listed here

In all those instances, the reclass partner's primary class is one that can't be obtained by others and their secondary classes are the same as the reclassers' primary classes, so they have to borrow parallel classes.

I just thought I'd give a warning.  Though I'm pretty sure the selection screen for the path split also suggests you play the other two paths before playing Revelation.

It's mostly a plot thing.  If you know what happens and about what Revelation reveals, then there's practically no reason to wait until you beat the other two paths to take on Revelation.  Specifically if you know what Valla is, who Anankos is, and what their impact is on the two main kingdoms.  There sure as hell isn't a difficulty spike between the two paths and Revelation; most would agree that Conquest is the most difficult path.

Speaking of which, good luck to you if you try to beat Conquest on anything other than Normal difficulty.  Aside from maybe Awakening Lunatic (which I'd honestly just say is outright unfair), Conquest is substantially more difficult than anything else you'll find in the 3DS era.  Most would say Chapter 10 is the barrier to entry for those seeking to beat that path.  Which I find rather fitting, given that it features the best Hoshidan royal-retainer team in the game.

Ahhh thank you for clarifying. I must have misread things when i first saw the details on the DLC maps. Now that i've read them again, i'm just disappointed that the Grandmaster is male-only, when Robin was an Avatar in Awakening. I guess that just means that the "canon" Robin is male.

Thank you again for another clarification. So everyone has a pre-set selection of Classes they offer except the unique classes which can't be passed on. That makes more sense. Now that i think about it, my initial understanding would have made an imbalanced PvP meta and broken the in-game more easily if everyone had access to almost every class almost like Corrin. *facedesk*

Yep i know them, but not so much in detail. i have also read about the Difficulty being Birthright-Revelation-Conquest in easiest-to-hardest in various sites so i'm just gonna take everyone's word on it. I am not so much a "hardcore" gamer though, so i did start my files on Normal. Going Casual for Birthright and Revelations and no-shame Phoenix on Conquest XD

4 hours ago, McKarter said:

Now that i think about it, my initial understanding would have made an imbalanced PvP meta and broken the in-game more easily if everyone had access to almost every class almost like Corrin. *facedesk*

winning My Castle battles can easily cover that, if you go on a hunt for specific skills.

needless to say, there will always be meta builds, in a way or another.

i still remember using Corring with Nohrian Trust while paired up with someone else that had Aether+Aegis+Pavise+Miracle+Dual Guardsman. good broken times.

6 hours ago, McKarter said:

Now that i think about it, my initial understanding would have made an imbalanced PvP meta and broken the in-game more easily if everyone had access to almost every class almost like Corrin. *facedesk*

They technically do anyway.  I was able to give every non-special class skill to Oboro by making tons of copies of her that were married to a lot of Corrins with different talents.  Mind you, it took a lot of time to get to that point, but still.  And like Fenreir said, you could just buy skills from other people's castles.  Probably even more than just the standard fare since many castles are hacked (for example, I once came upon a Forrest who was classed as a witch, even though Forrest is a male, and another time they had at least one farm or mine for every resource).

7 hours ago, McKarter said:

Yep i know them, but not so much in detail. i have also read about the Difficulty being Birthright-Revelation-Conquest in easiest-to-hardest in various sites so i'm just gonna take everyone's word on it. I am not so much a "hardcore" gamer though, so i did start my files on Normal. Going Casual for Birthright and Revelations and no-shame Phoenix on Conquest XD

Funny thing about Conquest is it's pretty much the only path you can get a game over in a good chunk of its levels even if you're playing Phoenix mode.

But since you have all the DLC, if you ever come upon a difficult chapter you can just grind Boo Camp a bit until you have units that can steamroll things.

1 hour ago, Fenreir said:

i still remember using Corring with Nohrian Trust while paired up with someone else that had Aether+Aegis+Pavise+Miracle+Dual Guardsman. good broken times.

Son of a...

As if I needed a reason to hate another unit in this game from a gameplay standpoint.  Ryoma's bad enough with his Raijinto-Astra-Vantage death combo, we really didn't need a Corrin that effectively has four battle skills on top of what they already have.  Let me guess, Corrin also was a ninja/dread fighter with an uber-forged shuriken, right?

Just for that, I now want to make the most broken Velouria I could possibly make with the reminder that Nohrian Trust is a busted skill.  Why Velouria?  Because she's the only child unit I like who is actually tanky and isn't the child of one of Corrin's brothers.  Also because trash dog class is best class.

6 hours ago, Fenreir said:

winning My Castle battles can easily cover that, if you go on a hunt for specific skills.

needless to say, there will always be meta builds, in a way or another.

ooooooh i didnt know about this yet, does it mean if i beat another Castle, i can buy skills that i can teach to everyone??

4 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

They technically do anyway.  I was able to give every non-special class skill to Oboro by making tons of copies of her that were married to a lot of Corrins with different talents.  Mind you, it took a lot of time to get to that point, but still.  And like Fenreir said, you could just buy skills from other people's castles.  Probably even more than just the standard fare since many castles are hacked (for example, I once came upon a Forrest who was classed as a witch, even though Forrest is a male, and another time they had at least one farm or mine for every resource).

Funny thing about Conquest is it's pretty much the only path you can get a game over in a good chunk of its levels even if you're playing Phoenix mode.

But since you have all the DLC, if you ever come upon a difficult chapter you can just grind Boo Camp a bit until you have units that can steamroll things.

Son of a...

As if I needed a reason to hate another unit in this game from a gameplay standpoint.  Ryoma's bad enough with his Raijinto-Astra-Vantage death combo, we really didn't need a Corrin that effectively has four battle skills on top of what they already have.  Let me guess, Corrin also was a ninja/dread fighter with an uber-forged shuriken, right?

Just for that, I now want to make the most broken Velouria I could possibly make with the reminder that Nohrian Trust is a busted skill.  Why Velouria?  Because she's the only child unit I like who is actually tanky and isn't the child of one of Corrin's brothers.  Also because trash dog class is best class.

What did you mean by making Oboro copies? :O 

And wow Conquest sounds super hard rn XD i just finished my Avatar a short while ago lmao

and yessss Nohrian Trust sounded so good when i first read about it, can't wait for the time when i can experiment with everyone's combinations.

40 minutes ago, McKarter said:

ooooooh i didnt know about this yet, does it mean if i beat another Castle, i can buy skills that i can teach to everyone??

Only to the corresponding character, assuming you're playing the right route. (e.g. If you want to buy a skill for Elise, you must buy it from someone else's Elise that has the skill in question) Incidentally, male Kana and female Kana are both treated as separate characters.

44 minutes ago, McKarter said:

and yessss Nohrian Trust sounded so good when i first read about it, can't wait for the time when i can experiment with everyone's combinations.

Spoiler alert: You won't get to experiment for very long.

49 minutes ago, McKarter said:

What did you mean by making Oboro copies? :O 

The Unit Logbook, my friend.  You can store a few hundred units into the Unit Logbook (which you can find by clicking Start while in your castle or talking to your retainer there), including copies of units already in the logbook.  Although the copies must come from different saves/castles.

I amassed an army of Oboros by playing through Birthright on Phoenix mode (makes things really fast) up to Chapter 12, buying the Einherjar Shop with Dragon Vein points, setting my unleveled, reclassed Oboro in that file as the sole defender of the castle, buying her Einherjar Card, and then repeating the process, like, 20-or-so times with her marrying a variety of Corrins throughout.

I guarantee you that there’s a faster way to do that, but I just felt like doing it for the heck of it.  And now Oboro has access to every skill she could possibly obtain, and my logbook has, like, 27 spaces occupied by nothing but ‘Boros RGaYS2c.png

5 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Unless they buy the skills early, which is absolutely feasible if they’re willing to grind for the money.

Though yeah, that’s the thing a lot of people forget about promoted 15 skills; you get them so late, they don’t matter for the large majority of the game.  You want to fiddle around with high level skills for more than, like, three chapters, you have to buy them through the logbook.

26 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Only to the corresponding character, assuming you're playing the right route. (e.g. If you want to buy a skill for Elise, you must buy it from someone else's Elise that has the skill in question) Incidentally, male Kana and female Kana are both treated as separate characters.

Aaah. If i understood this correctly:

1. i have Elise Friendship/Partner-sealed with Character A, MY Elise can only learn Character A's class and skills

2. If i beat someone else with an Elise which was F/P-sealed with Character B, i can buy skills THAT Elise can get from Character B

Did i get that right? omg sorry for too many questions everybody, i just want to make sure i understand the mechanics clearly so i dont mess things up when i do get to that point of team-building

13 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

The Unit Logbook, my friend.  You can store a few hundred units into the Unit Logbook (which you can find by clicking Start while in your castle or talking to your retainer there), including copies of units already in the logbook.  Although the copies must come from different saves/castles.

I amassed an army of Oboros by playing through Birthright on Phoenix mode (makes things really fast) up to Chapter 12, buying the Einherjar Shop with Dragon Vein points, setting my unleveled, reclassed Oboro in that file as the sole defender of the castle, buying her Einherjar Card, and then repeating the process, like, 20-or-so times with her marrying a variety of Corrins throughout.

I guarantee you that there’s a faster way to do that, but I just felt like doing it for the heck of it.  And now Oboro has access to every skill she could possibly obtain, and my logbook has, like, 27 spaces occupied by nothing but ‘Boros RGaYS2c.png

Unless they buy the skills early, which is absolutely feasible if they’re willing to grind for the money.

Though yeah, that’s the thing a lot of people forget about promoted 15 skills; you get them so late, they don’t matter for the large majority of the game.  You want to fiddle around with high level skills for more than, like, three chapters, you have to buy them through the logbook.

Ahh sounds too long a process but hey it's worth it :D :) I can't imagine the time it would take to do that for everybody else XD

And yes i am well aware that it would take a LOT of time, i just want to make clear what options i will eventually have. Thank you all for being patient with me T_T <3 

Edited by McKarter

3 minutes ago, McKarter said:

Aaah. If i understood this correctly:

1. i have Elise Friendship/Partner-sealed with Character A, MY Elise can only learn Character A's class and skills

2. If i beat someone else with an Elise which was F/P-sealed with Character B, i can buy skills THAT Elise can get from Character B

Did i get that right? omg sorry for too many questions everybody, i just want to make sure i understand the mechanics clearly so i dont mess things up when i do get to that point of team-building

If that Elise has the skills that they could learn from Character B's class tree, yes.

Incidentally, you can get skills at a discount if you win in their castle without a handicap (usually by seizing the throne, which castles that are good for skill farming tend to leave unguarded).

3 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

If that Elise has the skills that they could learn from Character B's class tree, yes.

Incidentally, you can get skills at a discount if you win in their castle without a handicap (usually by seizing the throne, which castles that are good for skill farming tend to leave unguarded).

Thank you ^^

20 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

Son of a...

i think i had a save file years ago with Corrin cosplaying as Marth.

that skills build for supporting units is pretty basic thou. after 2~3 months from the game's launch, if you wanted to PvP against stacked units, you had to pair up for Guard stance, otherwise there were good chances you would get obliterated.

the skills build on my Corrin was Nohrian Trust, Speedtaker, and Sword/Axe/Lancebreaker. with Speed boon.

paired up with Jakob, while he was using Aether+Aegis+Pavise+Miracle+Dual Guardsman.

it was so stupid fighting against melee classes between dodge rates off the charts and skills procs, that it was unreal.

another funny unit was Shiro reclassed to Swordmaster or Dread fighter. some people prefer to play him "canon" with spears, but the truth is, as a Swordmaster he's even more broken than his father, especially if Rinkah is the mother.

stacking Swordfaire+Life and Death+Aggressor+Death Blow together with Astra means that you're probably going to destroy anything that gets in your range just with normal attacks.

and if you do trigger Astra, needless to say your enemy is going to be erased from existence, unless he gets lucky with Pavise and/or is a speed-based unit with high dodge rates.

1 hour ago, Fenreir said:

another funny unit was Shiro reclassed to Swordmaster or Dread fighter. some people prefer to play him "canon" with spears, but the truth is, as a Swordmaster he's even more broken than his father, especially if Rinkah is the mother.

stacking Swordfaire+Life and Death+Aggressor+Death Blow together with Astra means that you're probably going to destroy anything that gets in your range just with normal attacks.

and if you do trigger Astra, needless to say your enemy is going to be erased from existence, unless he gets lucky with Pavise and/or is a speed-based unit with high dodge rates.

Spoiler alert: That is extremely impractical ingame (I don't think Fates's trainwreck of PvP is worth discussing).

Edited by Shadow Mir

17 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

It's even worse with Awakening of course. Due to the level reset with class change. Why couldn't they like with unpromoted units set the second skill to 10 instead of 15?

I get some 2nd promoted skills might be a little good for lvl 10 access- Trample and Replicate come to mind. And Fates is weird in that it's like the only game where I can feasibly see units hitting 20/20 sans grinding. But it'd significantly improve access to those high end skills if the level required to obtain them was dropped by five. And some 2nd promoted skills, like Awakening's Acrobatics, are just too weak yet neat to be so limited.

22 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

Let me guess, Corrin also was a ninja/dread fighter with an uber-forged shuriken, right?

If you're looking for a crazy combo, I conceived of "Crimson (Scarlet) Wrath", a build capable of reaching almost or exactly 100 crit and OHKOing everything:

Spoiler
    • Needs: 
      • DLC Classes (Great Lord and Dread Fighter)
      • Samurai!Corrin S rank support
      • Can be obtained legally without skill-buying (but it would help)
    • Skills:
      • In Extremis
      • Vantage
      • Awakening
      • Life or Death
      • Strength +2 optional (change if skill-buying)
      • Trample (change if skill-buying)
    • Critical total:
      • 30 from In Extremis
      • 30 from Awakening
      • 25 from Barb Shuriken
      • 14 from 29 skill
      • 6 from S rank Corrin DS partner
      • 105 critical total
    • Atk Total
      • 4 mt from un-forged Barb Shuriken
      • 10 atk from Life or Death
      • 2 str from Strength +2
      • 34 minimum strength maximum as Dread Fighter
      • 2 atk from B shuriken rank bonus
      • 5 str from S rank Corrin DS partner as Strong/Lucky Oni Chieftain
      • 56 Atk total
    • What can this OHKO? (If not enough- the build fails b/c its dead if Scarlet is hit below 25% of max HP)
      • BR!27 Generals: 53 HP, 35 Defense; 14 Lck
        • 56-35 = 21x4 = 84 = dead
        • 14/2= 7 critical evade, 105-7 = 98 critical = virtually guaranteed
      • As Generals have the highest defense in BR!27 plus one point less Luck than the enemy with the most (Strategists), if they are virtually guaranteed to die, so is everything else.
      • Hitting things should not be an issue with the 80 hit of the Barb Shuriken and 29 Skill and 30 hit from Awakening and 10 hit from the S support boost. Enemies in BR!27 have like 38 avoid at most. Even with WTD, hitting is pretty certain, if not 100%, enough you don’t need to go out of your way for extra. Skill-buying or Lucky Seven (from her natural Adventurer access) can resolve the issue.

Requires grinding and Corrin's love as you see, but it looks fun.

20 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Spoiler alert: That is extremely impractical ingame (I don't think Fates's trainwreck of PvP is worth discussing).

not in PvE.

PvP is a whole different story, and for that you either have to go stacked with specific builds, or you just don't go. is that simple.

not to mention that most players in the top ranking have probably units stats/level capped, so unless you play with handicap/level range balance options, you can't do much when your hit rate is around 1~2% at best.