Weapons and Items That Should Return

Zetsubo

There have been some interesting weapons and items over the course of Fire Emblem history, and I feel like 3H is in a special place as far as weapons and items go, given its departure from 3ds art style and constraints.

Geosphere, or something like it (FE11)

In Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon, there is an item that deals damage to everyone on the map called the Geosphere. It's 20 Mt damage dealt to all units, and I feel like an item like that could be useful for strategy. Now, 20 Mt might be too much or too little, but I think the idea has some interesting potential uses.

Shaver Tome

In NMoTE and Shadow Dragon there is the Shaver tome, which aside from being effective on fliers also has the distinction of being what is essentially a "killing tome". I love and hate killer weapons, but I believe that is the point of them. I like the idea of mages being able to crit as well as melee classes.

There are many more, but those are my initial hopes to see return.

What do you folks want to see come back?

Edited by Zetsubo

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Devil weapons, just for the lolz.

And not just the Devil Axe either, we need an entire family of them (i.e. Devil Sword, Devil Lance, Devil Axe, Devil Bow, possibly Devil Dagger and/or an equivalent Dark tome, assuming there's only one Tome type).

I really like the way RD knives were balanced with having access to 1-2 range forging. I'd take hidden weapons too really, though the debuffs are probably best left in Fates.

Legendary magic that has background, a cool animation, and isn't worthless when it comes to gameplay. FE6 probably did that best.

Shards in MotE and scrolls in Thracia, while not really balanced(especially the latter), are still a gameplay feature I'd really like to see again in some form. They'd have to take measures so that it doesn't allow you to empower already strong units even further, though.

That's all I can think of right now, but there are probably many more I could bring up.

12 hours ago, Zetsubo said:

Geosphere, or something like it (FE11)

In Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon, there is an item that deals damage to everyone on the map called the Geosphere. It's 20 Mt damage dealt to all units, and I feel like an item like that could be useful for strategy. Now, 20 Mt might be too much or too little, but I think the idea has some interesting potential uses.

I'm... not sure I could see the Geosphere come back without it being really forced... Also, the Geosphere did 13 damage.

2 hours ago, Cysx said:

I really like the way RD knives were balanced with having access to 1-2 range forging.

Frankly, I think RD knives were an afterthought, and would rather not see them back, because they were that damn pathetic.

2 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Frankly, I think RD knives were an afterthought, and would rather not see them back, because they were that damn pathetic.

I do think there's room for a particularly 1-2 range friendly but weaker physical weapon in FE, though the fact that RD was filled to the brim with 1-2 range for every weapon type admittedly didn't make them stand out outside of forges. Also being stuck to thieves, that didn't help either. But I have more of an affinity for that than them being busted in Fates, to each their own I suppose.

10 minutes ago, Cysx said:

I do think there's room for a particularly 1-2 range friendly but weaker physical weapon in FE, though the fact that RD was filled to the brim with 1-2 range for every weapon type admittedly didn't make them stand out outside of forges. Also being stuck to thieves, that didn't help either. But I have more of an affinity for that than them being busted in Fates, to each their own I suppose.

Personally, I actually liked them having actual tactical value in Fates - RD knives were laughably underpowered with bupkis to make up for it.

Not much return, but fix: LEAVE CONOCTIONS AND ELIXIRS HAVE AT LEAST 3 USES!

There no sense of healing items having more power but less uses if they are also more expensive and rare to get!

I mean, my greatest hope is that healing items in TH would be the same as rations of Echoes, but i think that's not happening, so at least fix that.

38 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

Not much return, but fix: LEAVE CONOCTIONS AND ELIXIRS HAVE AT LEAST 3 USES!

There no sense of healing items having more power but less uses if they are also more expensive and rare to get!

I mean, my greatest hope is that healing items in TH would be the same as rations of Echoes, but i think that's not happening, so at least fix that.

how about the radiant dawn version where concoctions had 5 uses, healing items were just generally better in RD.

Items that modify growth rates when held (i.e. the Scrolls from FE5; the Bands from FE9)

That was a cool little mechanic for diversifying the way you can customize your units over the course of a game.

Also--the crossbows from FE9. Make Snipers great again. 

9 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

Also--the crossbows from FE9. Make Snipers great again. 

Don't you mean Radiant Dawn? Anyway, crossbows in general were not very useful outside of effective damage and Disarm shenanigans - they were mostly too weak to do much damage to anything that's not squishy, which isn't helped by the fact that the strongest buyable crossbow only has 28 might.

7 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Devil weapons, just for the lolz.

And not just the Devil Axe either, we need an entire family of them (i.e. Devil Sword, Devil Lance, Devil Axe, Devil Bow, possibly Devil Dagger and/or an equivalent Dark tome, assuming there's only one Tome type).

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, this gives me an idea...

I'll sort them:

Weapons:

• Swords: 
    • Levin Sword: preferably magic version rather than fixed damage. 
    • Runic Sword (PoR version): I like the idea of a light magic sword that can heal the user by damaging the opponent. That would be great to see again. 
    • Wind Edge (Radiant Dawn): We need 1-2 range swords that are the sword equivalent of javelins and hand axes.
  • Bows:
    • Longbow
    • Crossbows: I think there is a place for them in FE, and I would like to see them try again at it. 
  • Magic:
    • Light Magic
    • Anima Magic:
      • Sagittae: I really like the idea of a spell that is basically a stream of arrows of magic.

9 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

FTFY

Okay, except you're not helping crossbows' case with that correction when their case for reinstatement is already really flimsy.

10 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Don't you mean Radiant Dawn? Anyway, crossbows in general were not very useful outside of effective damage and Disarm shenanigans - they were mostly too weak to do much damage to anything that's not squishy, which isn't helped by the fact that the strongest buyable crossbow only has 28 might.

And so? Bows themselves were not very useful in many games, and so axes. Crossbows coul be a interesting option because 1-2 range on and less reliance on strenght(wich usually is not archers best)

28 is not that bad in a game with less inflated stats than RD, especially if it can be forged.

25 minutes ago, Flere210 said:

And so? Bows themselves were not very useful in many games, and so axes. Crossbows coul be a interesting option because 1-2 range on and less reliance on strenght(wich usually is not archers best)

28 is not that bad in a game with less inflated stats than RD, especially if it can be forged.

Do YOU trust IS to not screw it up??? Spoiler alert: I sure as hell don't.

33 minutes ago, PrincessAlyson said:

I'd like to see crossbows again as well as daggers.

I will say that Daggers in Fates look more appealing than they do in the Tellius games.

As for Crossbows, if I were to bring them back, first of all I'd feature them alongside Bows and Firearms to form a Ranged Weapon Triangle, with Bows analogous to Swords, Crossbows analogous to Lances, and Firearms analogous to Axes.  They would all have fixed hit rates and calculate damage with the user's Skill instead of their Strength.

12 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Where?  In Three Houses?

Yes. I'd like for the 3+ uses to return. I haven't played Echoes, but only one Elixer use in Fates is fairly irritating. I either have to buy a ton (wasting money, even if I can grind in Revelation path) or keep using Heal staves (my go to option). Bring back more uses, IS.