Weapons and Items That Should Return

Zetsubo

6 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

And I consider the support it gets just as, if not even more baffling. Also, to say it's lore is pretty generous.

For sure, if I ran into people saying it's essential to the FE formula and should absolutely come back by any means necessary, I'd find them equally as unreasonable.
I can distinctly remember Light&Dark>"Anima" being lore in Jugdral, and things like fire > wind are relatively grounded in logic. I'm not sure we ever got an explanation as to why anima would beat light later on, though.

6 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

I generally don't have problems with the Wo Dao, at least outside of Radiant Dawn, where they were a poor man's Killing Edge

Isn't that always what they are? Though this was just meant as an example mind you, of something that could come and go without any of us really caring, and for good reason.

Edited by Cysx

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Isn't that always what they are? Though this was just meant as an example mind you, of something that could come and go without any of us really caring, and for good reason.

Well, that's true to some extent. I just bring up Radiant Dawn because it's where its crit chance is lower than that of the KE (as opposed to other games).

On 3/24/2019 at 6:49 AM, Von Ithipathachai said:

I think he's referring to the Tomes/Daggers/Bows part of the RGB Triangle.  I hope that doesn't come back, because those weapon types are specialized enough that they have no business being part of a Triangle.

If I may be frank, I'm not confident in daggers returning, so that probably won't be a thing.

On 3/25/2019 at 3:36 AM, Shadow Mir said:

Now that you mention it, I wonder how javelins, hand axes and the like are going to be treated in this game... I hope they do something that prevents the old 'throw a javelin or hand axe user into the middle of a pack of enemies and watch everything die" from being a thing.

What fe12 did about this was make them very low Mt. Javelins had 2 and hand axes had 3 iirc. Maybe take inspiration from that?

36 minutes ago, Zetsubo said:

What fe12 did about this was make them very low Mt. Javelins had 2 and hand axes had 3 iirc. Maybe take inspiration from that?

As much as I don't like this idea, it's still probably better than outright preventing those weapons from making follow-up attacks.

23 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

As much as I don't like this idea, it's still probably better than outright preventing those weapons from making follow-up attacks.

Here's the thing though, weapons are forgeable once per chapter meaning that you can have a more powerful javelin if you want.

But it's not cheap to do so.

9 hours ago, Jayvee94 said:

Would you guys rather have Slim Weapons or Bronze Weapons?

Why not both?  My scheme for Slim weapons is that they're statistically similar to Bronze weapons, but they have slightly more Might and slightly less Weight.  They also trade off 5 Hit for 5 Critical.

10 hours ago, Jayvee94 said:

Would you guys rather have Slim Weapons or Bronze Weapons?

I would prefer bronze, personally - slim weapons' crit boost is not enough to matter.

2 hours ago, link16hit said:

Slim :P we still don't know if weight stay here and also, slim give some crit chance.

I thought weight was confirmed to be a thing in this game?

On 3/26/2019 at 7:18 AM, Zetsubo said:

That sort of works but it depends on the enemies having bulk (or HP in FE12/13) to take them. It falls apart when you can snowball past the right ORKO benchmarks, whether it be with forging or beefing up units to an absurd degree (see: Awakening Pair-Up). There's still a benefit to keeping their Mt low though, it makes it easier for bows and 1-range weapons to outdamage them to a relevant degree. But either way no follow-up attacks is a more airtight solution to nerfing 1-2 range.

On 27/03/2019 at 11:12 AM, Shadow Mir said:

I would prefer bronze, personally - slim weapons' crit boost is not enough to matter.

I thought weight was confirmed to be a thing in this game?

woops right, I mean what's the math for it. It is STR (FE9&10&11?) or CON (GBA) or you lose Attack Speed anyway (FE3&FE4).

12 minutes ago, link16hit said:

woops right, I mean what's the math for it. It is STR (FE9&10&11?) or CON (GBA) or you lose Attack Speed anyway (FE3&FE4).

We don't really know the AS formula for Three Houses yet.  I would prefer pure Spd - Wt if Slim weapons are going to be a thing (I doubt they will be).

If I had to pick between slim and bronze weapons, I think I would pick slim weapons simply because bronze weapons don't really make sense to me in a medieval fantasy world with steel. If they were contextualized as antiques that peasants find in their backyard, then they might make sense, but the games have blacksmiths selling them as brand new weapons. 

Edited by vanguard333

15 hours ago, link16hit said:

We don't know that yet.

14 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

If I had to pick between slim and bronze weapons, I think I would pick slim weapons simply because bronze weapons don't really make sense to me in a medieval fantasy world with steel. If they were contextualized as antiques that peasants find in their backyard, then they might make sense, but the games have blacksmiths selling them as brand new weapons. 

That reminds me, the only slim weapons we have seen are the slim sword and slim lance. That's another thing that drives me into backing bronze.

1 hour ago, Shadow Mir said:

We don't know that yet.

The two pre-battle screens don't make the STR route very likely, though. But either of the other two are possible. Or something else.

Edited by Cysx

13 hours ago, Cysx said:

The two pre-battle screens don't make the STR route very likely, though. But either of the other two are possible. Or something else.

ugh, if it's strength based, I hope not, I would prefer a revamped con system where weight actually matters rather than "hey we heard you wanted weight to return, but we want it to only be a problem in the early game and make it a minor inconvenience at worst in the late game, because we don't want the backlash from the guys saying, but I want my edgy kirito look alike to use an absurdly giant and overpowered sword with no issue even though calling him a twig would be an insult to the twigs."

1 hour ago, thecrimsonflash said:

I want my edgy kirito look alike to use an absurdly giant and overpowered sword with no issue even though calling him a twig would be an insult to the twigs.

Hey man. I personaly think seeing chicks who can swing giant weapons is kinda hot.

Although, a gigantic, muscled dude with a lot of CON who is a sword master, seems like a differant and exciting unit to play as. 

I'd love it if there are differant animations depending on the weight of the weapon. Especially if the trigger for such animations are depended on how a character's strength or CON compares to the weapon weight they are handling. So while Vaike might be able to handle something like the Ragnell with one hand, Ricken might need to use the same weapon as if it was a giant, fantasy style hunk of iron that Beserker Guts swing around. 

But anyways. Assuming that weight does return, would you guys rather have:

A lot of weight for a hella lot of power

Or accuracy to be the trade off instead when it comes to Dark Tomes? 

Hell, I guess this question extends to axes as well. 

Also, class specific promotion items. Thoughts on those? I personaly hated them. 

Edited by Martin

59 minutes ago, Martin said:

Also, class specific promotion items. Thoughts on those? I personaly hated them. 

I'm not a fan of them either. And honestly, I hope they don't come back, as it would be a huge step backward if they did.

1 hour ago, thecrimsonflash said:

ugh, if it's strength based, I hope not, I would prefer a revamped con system where weight actually matters rather than "hey we heard you wanted weight to return, but we want it to only be a problem in the early game and make it a minor inconvenience at worst in the late game, because we don't want the backlash from the guys saying, but I want my edgy kirito look alike to use an absurdly giant and overpowered sword with no issue even though calling him a twig would be an insult to the twigs."

If con does come back, I hope they actually stick with reasonable weights, and not have bullshit like weapons with weight scores that at least double the con stats of certain units.

4 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

I'm not a fan of them either. And honestly, I hope they don't come back, as it would be a huge step backward if they did.

Agreed.  There is no justification for going back to separate promotion items anymore.